PDA

View Full Version : Veterans need to step up the leadership!!!!

moedap
10-22-2006, 05:25 PM
I saw an article that was link from Steelersfever.com that said Hines Wards needs to step up on the leadership role. I didnt think much of it but I would have to say I agree. These mental mistakes that are leading to poor fundamentals cost the steelers 3 games. Hines Ward celebrating in the end zone with Washington and some of his drops are just unexcusable for a veteran.

Bill Cowher and staff should take some blame also. The lack of fundamentals is killing the teams chances of closing people out. And yes Atlanta should have been closed out after we went up 17-7.

2-4. Season may not be over but I sure as hell dont want to look at a game full of turnovers and stupid mistakes from this day forward.

Livinginthe past
10-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Hines had a great day with the ball in hand, but I totally agree with your take on the TD celebration.

Sure, its a tough rule - maybe its an unfair rule but there aint no appealing the rule book - it was a very lame brained action by a guy who has a reputation for being a thinking mans player.

Washington will catch some heat for the false start, but young guys make mistakes - Hines has no such excuse.

I'd like to think Cowher roasts him.

NM

19ward86
10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
wow...i totally disagree with you. if you think ward and cowher need to step up then you arent a true steelers fan. they are the biggest leaders on this team, ward offers to take recievers under his wing. cowher is in the top 5 for best coaches of all time, our defense needs to step up as a team, last year our defense was dominant and this year we are just normal. once our D steps up we can get back into the playoffs.

plenewken
10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
"Bill Cowher and staff should take some blame also"

I agree 100%. Didn't Bill Cowher declare a few weeks ago that penalties for excessive celebration will not happen again? Seems that it happened today too.

Plus why the heck did he ask Ben to take a knee at the end of the 1st half when we had the ball with 48 sec to go and 2 time-outs? 3 points would have won the game in regulation Bill.

Steelers
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM

Plus why the heck did he ask Ben to take a knee at the end of the 1st half when we had the ball with 48 sec to go and 2 time-outs? 3 points would have won the game in regulation Bill.

Forgot all about that. Didn't seem like such a big deal at the time. Ugh..... :banging:

Stilliz
10-22-2006, 07:11 PM
I agree with everyone here , save one thing....... Cowher being top five coach all-time ???

Pepsi all over my monitor thank-you 19ward86- thanx alot!

HometownGal
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM

I agree 100%. Didn't Bill Cowher declare a few weeks ago that penalties for excessive celebration will not happen again? Seems that it happened today too.

I think Cowher made the right call there, plenewken. They were on their own 23 with 47 secs left and you don't want to take a chance on a pick or a fumble deep in your own territory. With the banana fingers out there today, I really couldn't blame him for that decision. Besides - the Steelers were receiving to open up the second half and we took the 24-21 lead into the locker room at the half.

SteelCzar76
10-22-2006, 07:46 PM
The Coaches don't suit up and take the field. You turn the ball over as many times as we did and allow a glorified R/B to pick you apart passing. You LOSE. The penalty courtesy of Hines and Nate should have made no difference at all. The game should have been over for the Falcons by halftime.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Stillers#1
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
wow...i totally disagree with you. if you think ward and cowher need to step up then you arent a true steelers fan. they are the biggest leaders on this team, ward offers to take recievers under his wing. cowher is in the top 5 for best coaches of all time, our defense needs to step up as a team, last year our defense was dominant and this year we are just normal. once our D steps up we can get back into the playoffs.

I really don't think questioning our coach and our supposed leader makes us any less of a Steeler fan. I think as fans, we are supposed to hold someone accontable for the losses we have been piling up latley. Granted, the NFL is very talented from top to bottom, and we can't win the Lombardi every year, nor should we expect to, but we need to be able to say, "hey, Bill needs to step it up a little bit and get this team under control." It's our right, we chose this team, if we want to criticize someone, within reason, I see nothing wrong with it.

BigJen
10-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I think the endzone dancing really looks ridiculous on the hilight reels after the team loses!

SteelersNationsfl
10-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I think the endzone dancing really looks ridiculous on the hilight reels after the team loses!

That coming from a Bungles fan.... :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

moedap
10-23-2006, 08:53 AM

Dont put this on the D. Atlanta scored 21 freaking points on a short field. If anything I would say the only fault the D had was not paying better attention to Algee Crumpler. They should have known thats the only guy Vick looks for.

When the opponent beats you because he just played better than you thats less demoralizing than when you lose because of your mental mistakes. Mental mistakes such as fumbles and the such deflate a team. And it sure as hell makes you defense upset at the wrong entity. I am pretty much sure the D had to be playing with a WTF in the back of their minds after the turnovers.