PDA

View Full Version : Steelers make the playoffs?

smallBen
10-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Not if coach cow can't go for the juggler.

End of the first half today 45 sec left on the Atlanta 30 or so. All timeouts left!!! . Yea, lets take a knee.

Bill, go for the throat.

SmallBen

smallBen
10-22-2006, 10:17 PM
I know Cow didn't loose the game, but coaching like that kills me.

tony hipchest
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM

End of the first half today 45 sec left on the Atlanta 30 or so. All timeouts left!!! . Yea, lets take a knee.

Bill, go for the throat.

SmallBenfor a small guy that was a big statement and i totally agree. ben was moving the ball at will. take a few 10 yd shots. wind down the clock then atleast take 2-3 shots downfield to move into fg range. if its picked, its like a punt with no time remaining.

im sure the worry was a punt being returned. but thats when you should kneel!

Livinginthe past
10-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Go for the juggler?

Really, I think Cowher has more important stuff to do than 'go after' circus acts.

NM

MattsMe
10-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Go for the juggler?

Really, I think Cowher has more important stuff to do than 'go after' circus acts.

NM

You're right, Cowher's too busy keeping his Troy away from the Falcon's.....punter?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=164895&postcount=46

You really should consider a change of residence. Glass houses can be hazardous to your ego.

augustashark
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM

Bill, go for the throat.

SmallBen

Steelermaniac......BigBensBikeHelmet.....VICKtorio us.......Is that you?

I could be wrong again, but.........

tony hipchest
10-22-2006, 11:42 PM
You're right, Cowher's too busy keeping his Troy away from the Falcon's.....punter?

You really should consider a change of residence. Glass houses can be hazardous to your ego.

:sofunny: -owned

yeah, i think the "spelling police" act should be retained for the blast furnace (or comedy central :rolleyes:). while i noticed the spelling mistake (and the questionable sn) i felt no need to go for the jugular on what i UNDERSTOOD to be a valid point.

stlrtruck
10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
I believe that cowher has rarely had that killer instinct. And in this day in age, you can't afford to let any team hang around. Continue to do that and you'll be in the top 5 draft picks every year!

HometownGal
10-23-2006, 07:44 AM

Bill, go for the throat.

SmallBen

Were you watching the same game as I was? I agree with Cowher's decision there to run out those last 47 seconds on the PITTSBURGH 23 going into the half with a 24-21 lead.

Pittsburgh Steelers at 00:47
1-10-PIT23 (:47) B.Roethlisberger kneels to PIT 22 for -1 yards.
2-11-PIT22 (:20) B.Roethlisberger kneels to PIT 21 for -1 yards.

Livinginthe past
10-23-2006, 03:00 PM

Touchy touchy.

Quite the bitch when your team is getting owned week in week out aren't we? :wink02:

Looks like I have a new stalker trawling my every post.

NM

Jeremy
10-23-2006, 03:01 PM
:blah:

emmysDAD
10-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Go for the juggler?

NM

LOL,l I was like what is he talking about then it hit me...

Elvis
10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
To answer your question... if the Steelers lose more than 2 more games the season is over... can they run the table.... we will C:tt02: :helmet:

steelcurtain09
10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Steelermaniac......BigBensBikeHelmet.....VICKtorio us.......Is that you?

I could be wrong again, but.........

I dont think thts him

even if it is i completly agree wit him

MattsMe
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Touchy touchy.

Quite the bitch when your team is getting owned week in week out aren't we? :wink02:

NM

:sofunny: Really intelligent response.

Being "owned" week in and week out is nothing compared to being owned year in and year out, which coincidently is what happened to the Patriots. You know, back before you became a fan?

floodcitygirl
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Touchy touchy.

NMYou call a nail biter, overtime game being "owned"???? I guess we have different definitions.

Did you really call someone a b*tch??? When did I make that turn into the BF? :hunch:

Livinginthe past
10-23-2006, 11:02 PM
:sofunny: Really intelligent response.

Being "owned" week in and week out is nothing compared to being owned year in and year out, which coincidently is what happened to the Patriots. You know, back before you became a fan?

Yeah, logical response ha ha.

If it happened 'before I was a fan' why would I be affected by it?

You crack me up.

NM

MattsMe
10-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, logical response ha ha.

If it happened 'before I was a fan' why would I be affected by it?

You crack me up.

NM

I seem to crack quite a few other people up as well, but they're not exactly laughing with you.

hellbread
10-24-2006, 12:48 AM
will the steelers make the playoffs? i think so...my opinion might be biased being a die-hard steeler fan i believe the steelers can make the playoffs not saying as a wild card because with the records of most of those teams in the afc and our nice little spurt of 0-3 we lost some important games out there that could determine tie breakers. the only way i see the steelers making the playoffs is by winning the division. with major problems in both cincy and baltimore it could be very likely. like in the past the steelers feed off their coach and fans and i honestly believe there is a change in cowher (from the beginning of the year to now) at the beginning of the year he seemed really laid back but now the chin is out and i think the team will feed off of that and come out pounding the rest of the year...but all that doesnt meen anything IF WE CANT HOLD ON TO THE BALL. everytime holmes has the ball i get a little nervous that he will drop that rock, anyone else have that feeling?

augustashark
10-24-2006, 12:52 AM
will the steelers make the playoffs? i think so...my opinion might be biased being a die-hard steeler fan i believe the steelers can make the playoffs not saying as a wild card because with the records of most of those teams in the afc and our nice little spurt of 0-3 we lost some important games out there that could determine tie breakers. the only way i see the steelers making the playoffs is by winning the division. with major problems in both cincy and baltimore it could be very likely. like in the past the steelers feed off their coach and fans and i honestly believe there is a change in cowher (from the beginning of the year to now) at the beginning of the year he seemed really laid back but now the chin is out and i think the team will feed off of that and come out pounding the rest of the year...but all that doesnt meen anything IF WE CANT HOLD ON TO THE BALL. everytime holmes has the ball i get a little nervous that he will drop that rock, anyone else have that feeling?

Yes I do, but his skill makes you want him on the field. He has so much potential at the WR position it's hard not to have him out there. Just hold on to the damn ball Holmes!

hellbread
10-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Yes I do, but his skill makes you want him on the field. He has so much potential at the WR position it's hard not to have him out there. Just hold on to the damn ball Holmes!

i agree he does have a lot of talent/potential. i also like how he is becoming more of a deep threat and getting a lot of tension from dbs off of ward. but when it comes to punt/kickoff returns i just came help but think that he has dropped it like 3-4 times in 2 games. i know it sounds weird but id like to see ward return a few :) ward has sure hands and is VERY physical. just a thought.