PDA

View Full Version : Batch

SteelersNationsfl
10-22-2006, 11:37 PM
I was reading in a few threads how people felt comfortable having Batch in there. I extremely happy we have such a good backup in Batch. He did awesome in the desperate circumstance he was put in. He is probably one of the best if not the best backup currently in the game.

I know the outcome of the game was not what we wanted it to be but, I see we have the ability to put up some points on the board after the past two weeks.

Thanks Batch...

tony hipchest
10-23-2006, 12:03 AM
and to think it coulda been the madd ox. batch did real well and the coaches and wr's put him in an excellent position. great throw to ward and washington at the end.

clarient
10-23-2006, 01:32 AM
I love Charlie Batch. Not as much as I love Big Ben... but close. He's a solid guy and I'm glad we've got him there.

24seven
10-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Batch is our man when Ben goes down.. we can count on him.. thats why I love ma Batch...plus he's very humble and seems like a genuine nice guy.. But he should tell his mom to cool it on the hair color..

stillers4me
10-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Batch is our man when Ben goes down.. we can count on him.. thats why I love ma Batch...plus he's very humble and seems like a genuine nice guy.. But he should tell his mom to cool it on the hair color..

As long as he and Hines connect like they did yesterday, his mom can dye her hair purple polka dots for all I care! :bouncy:

ARKIESTEEL
10-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Batch done a fine job as a back up.

19ward86
10-23-2006, 08:11 AM
i feel good about batch but i like ben better.

SteelPerch
10-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Charlie's play this year just makes me even more pissed that he was behind Maddox on the depth chart last year

HometownGal
10-23-2006, 08:32 AM
I will be the first to admit that I had NOT been a Batch fan, mainly because of his past history as a QB. I felt he had happy feet and was about as inconsistent as a QB could be. I'm not going to put Maddox down in my reply here, as he, like Kordell, did make valid contributions to the team during their tenures here and they're both a part of the team's past. Charlie is a part of this team's present and future and he definitely proved me wrong in the Miami game and reinforced that wrong opinion yesterday. He played like a champ out there and ran the offense extremely well, coming in basically cold from not playing since the first week of the season. :thumbsup: Kudos to Charlie for his stellar play this season and for opening my eyes. :cheers:

Blitzburgh
10-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Homestead Charlie was one of the few bright spots out there yesterday. I can't help but to cheer for this guy whenever he steps on the field.

SteelersWoman
10-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Charlie's got a better QB rating this year than a lot of starters!

Very few QBs could've stepped in and done a better job--and I include starters in that statement.

IamTheSteelGod
10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I love you Charlie! If I was gay you coulod be my fella.

klick81
10-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Charlie rocks!

DoctorJanSteelerFan
10-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Way to go, Charlie!!! I know he wasn't great in the past on other teams, but I've always thought he's become the most underutilized and overlooked QB in the league right now. (Thank goodness for us.) I'm glad he's our "backup" because if he was a starter on an opposing team I really think he'd be one tough opponent.

I've sometimes wondered why there couldn't be more than one QB playing in a game to mix things up. A little like pitchers in baseball. Ben AND Batch both. :cheers: Yeah, yeah, I know it's crazy :screwy: but heck isn't that what some so-called "trick" (ie. sometimes smart) plays are? Ok... I can dream a little... snapping back to boring reality...:whip:

Preacher
10-23-2006, 04:44 PM
People...

We have the best 1, 2, quarterback combo in the league.

Stlrs4Life
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I knew Charlie would be fine. Was more woirried about the rythym of the tyiming with his receivers.

Elvis
10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
:wink02: Batch is as fine a back up as there is in the league but Big Ben is our future... Period..:coffee:

sumo
10-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Batch is for real -- watch the highlights of this game again - on the long pass to Ward - he looked like Joe Montana - the way he looked the safety off first and then delivered the ball only where Ward could get it - this guy is for real - some QBs in the NFL come around later in their careers.. Miami was no fluke - Batch is good - with all the problems Ben is having with his health, I think we will see him a couple more times this season -

IMHO, if Ben had a concussion, he should sit this week ...no football game/team/season is worth the risk of playing right after a concussion

stillers4me
10-23-2006, 05:48 PM
We are very lucky to have Charlie.........I say let Ben sit next or, or longer. We're in good hands......we didn't lose that game because Ben got hurt. No way.........Charlieis capable of keeping the ship afloat.....even a half sunk one.