PDA

View Full Version : after watching to atlanta game.

hellbread
10-23-2006, 03:41 AM
long time reader first time poster. when i started watching this game i was pretty sure the steelers would have no problem handling the #1 rated rushing offense. the steelers have always been known to stop the run. but what i find really funny is that this game reminds me much of the indy playoff game last year. not to sound like a seahawk fan but it seemed as though the falcons had more than 11 men on the field...being the officials. if it wasnt vick running into brown and brown gettin a late hit, or troy laying still and the kicker tripping over him and gettin charged for running into the kicker, or reviewing a reception where holmes had 6, count them, 6! steps inbounds with ball in hand...and they want to review to see if it was a reception? i meen correct me if im wrong but its two feet and control right? i meen are the rules different in atlanta? after this game i wouldnt be surprised... and wats even worse BEN GETS HIT TWICE IN THE HELMET AND ONCE IN THE LEGS AND NOTHING WAS CALLED!? he was layed out for crying out loud...and they called nothing...i bet if it were vick on his stomach, concussed, there would have been multiple penalties and fines issued to the steeler d. dont get me wrong the turnovers did not help...but bad officiating i believe put the nail in the coffin...our guys played their hearts out it was just too much to overcome. :dang:

Infamix
10-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Regardless of the officiating, the turnovers were unacceptable. The officiating did blow alot of opportunities for the Steelers. Those refs had to be from Atlanta

stlrtruck
10-23-2006, 07:12 AM
I will never blame the refs for anything in a game. Especially one that contains 4 turnovers, an excessive celebration penalty and they all turned into easy points for the falcons.
So please tell me, how do the refs affect that? They don't, our beloved Steelers aren't playing Steelers football and have rested on last year's accomplishments and have somehow forgotten how they got to SB XL!!!

SteelerFanInCA
10-23-2006, 10:15 AM
The Good

Ben looked sharp with his passing before he got knocked out.
Hines was solid. He was all over the place and to me this was an indication that maybe his hammy is almost healed 100 %.
The future of our receiving core looks great with Holmes and Washington.

The Bad

We lost.
Too many turnovers that killed us.
Defense played horrible.

The Ugly

Ben getting knocked out of the game. The O Line defintiely needs to do a better job of protecting him.
The mental lapses. The Nate Washington false start and the penalty we picked up for too much celebrating after the Washington TD. (That rule is weak) Either way it's the rule and the players need to abide by it. We have to stop picking up those stupid penalties for excessive celebration. That celebration dance cost us some nice field position.

RunWillieRun
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
I do not understand the bipolarity of the defense. Last week they were amazing, giving Ben a picture perfect pocket with amply time to throw. Against Atlanta, Ben showed great poise and made great throws, but the pass protection broke down on way too many occasions (especially the ILLEGAL helmet-to-helmet which knocked Ben out).

The secondary played absolutely horrific defense. Lard-**s Crumpler should not be that wide-open to be able to make so many critic plays.

On the bright side, what can you say about Batch? He came through in the clutch. I would have loved to have seen him lead the Steelers to game winning scoring drive in OT, but I guess that is the way the coin flips!

Sucks to see a game come down to a ridiculous 10-sec run-off rule and a coin toss.

emmysDAD
10-23-2006, 02:27 PM
See I thought Ben Had alot of time yesterday, granted the play he went down three falcons were takling him, but other than that he had plenty of time on most of the snaps...

Blitzburgh
10-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Very clear to me that the Steelers sold out the pass coverage to play the run. It's all about the funtimentals fellas ... blocking, tackling, and hanging on to the ball.

Troy makes the tackle on Vick yesterday in OT .... Falcons kick the ball and the Steelers go down to score .... game over.

This game was a perfect example of why it is you hear Laird's favorite saying ...."there is a very fine line between winning and losing in this league"

hellbread
10-24-2006, 04:03 AM
I will never blame the refs for anything in a game. Especially one that contains 4 turnovers, an excessive celebration penalty and they all turned into easy points for the falcons.
So please tell me, how do the refs affect that? They don't, our beloved Steelers aren't playing Steelers football and have rested on last year's accomplishments and have somehow forgotten how they got to SB XL!!!

i agree that the turnovers did not help. we need to hold on to the ball or the playoffs will just be a memory.

skinart82
10-25-2006, 12:06 AM
There were just so many ifs in this game that my head is still spinning! Turnovers, bad calls, no calls, missed tackles, etc... we beat ourselves again, just like in cincy.

Duck44
10-25-2006, 07:32 PM
See I thought Ben Had alot of time yesterday, granted the play he went down three falcons were takling him, but other than that he had plenty of time on most of the snaps...

Except for the two botched snaps he had because he forgot the snap count. I think there may be more to this head injury than meets the eye.