PDA

View Full Version : Christmas comes early - courtesy of the Steelers

stlrtruck
10-23-2006, 07:38 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have decided to give Christmas gifts to various teams early this season. Turnovers, ill-advised taunting and excessive celebration penalties have put games in the hands of our opponents.

First game, the bungles. Roethlisberger throws several INTs that turn into bungles TDs and even with that we had a chance to at least take the game to OT.

Second game, the chargers. We have a lead and then our Defense decides that they don't need to change things up as the chargers go into max protection. Rivers looked like a legend on the field and we get thumped in the second half.

Third game, vick and company (aka the dirty bird falcons). Our offense dominants with the exception of 3 turnovers and an unnecessary excessive celebration that turns into 28 points for them. And from what I saw, even vick looked like a football god out there yesterday as our defense couldn't make enough adjustments to either get to him or cover crumpler better! How does a TE score 3 tds in a game? That stuff should be your WR. And with his best WR out, we allow him to pick us apart and make plays that shouldn't have happened.

Finally, our beloved Steelers have acted more like Chad Johnson, TJ "whosmydaddy", and TO then they have the championship team that we have come to know and very much love. Their idiotic antics on the field have cost us games. What happen to lining up and playing football?

NOTE TO COWHER: If you want to straighten this thing out, then look in the mirror. You, as head coach, are suppose to set the example and in the past you have been tight on the reigns when it came to stupid moves such as what has been happening this year (and no you aren't responsible for the turnovers - but you are responsible for the antics on and off the field). It seems that you have lost the desire to discipline the team unlike years past! What has happen to your energy, your emotion, your chin?

NOTE TO THE PLAYERS: Just because you are the defending Super Bowl champions, does not mean that every team you play this year will lay down for you. That should have been proven to you in Week 2 when the jags defense smacked you around the field. It should have also been noticed when the chargers made all the right second half adjustments and you just seem to sit back without care or concern. And it should really open your eyes now that you have put yourself back in a corner and no in order to right the ship and have any hope for a run into the playoffs you can not afford to lose to another AFC team. Oh btw, in the remaining 10 games you play 7 AFC teams. But let's do a little research. Last year there were several teams that at 10-6 and even 11-5 that did not make the playoffs. Let's not bring this season to the last few weeks that we have to "HOPE" for other teams to lose so we make it as a wildcard. Now do what you do best - PLAY STEELERS FOOTBALL!!!

NOTE TO ROONEY: Please do not blame the officiating ever again. You sound like the bungle fans/coaches and seahag fans/coaches that have nothing better to do then to blame someone else other then their own performance!

HERE WE GO :tt02: STEELERS :tt02: HERE WE GO

wadester47
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Truck,

That was awesome! you hit the nail on the head in all areas of our football club. You acctually saved me the time today to write a thread like this one.
One thing you did not say though is big time players need to step up and make big time plays- who in the NFl has a core of big time Players like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

good thread keep it up-
nxt week old school football
Here we go!!

RunWillieRun
10-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Great summary truck! I pretty much agree with you on all points. The celebration and turnovers need to be addressed in practice this week.

SteelerFanInCA
10-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Nice post. I couldn't have said any better myself.

MACH1
10-23-2006, 10:56 AM
exactly right.:helmet:

caseydog
10-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Most of Atlanta's points could be directly attibuted to sloppiness on the part of the Steelers.

The game plan looked good, but stupid mistakes and carelessness gave the Falcons too many opportunities.

That is the frustaing thing -- this is a good football team, but they have to stop dropping balls and earning stupid penalties.

Hines Ward joining a TD dance? He knows better than that! Superbowl MVPs don't do stupid stuff like that.

Polamalu hitting the kicker on a kick he was not likely to make anyway? Why play it that agressively when it is a 56-yard attempt? That's not a high percentage kick. Polamalu knows better than that, too.

It wasn't a case of rookies making dumb mistakes, it was seasoned veterans.

This team has too much talent to be losing games like this.

G

ExtonSteelFan
10-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Polamalu hitting the kicker on a kick he was not likely to make anyway? Why play it that agressively when it is a 56-yard attempt? That's not a high percentage kick. Polamalu knows better than that, too.
G

I agree with every point you made in your post except for this one. It doesn't matter whether or not it's a high percentage kick. If you saw the Tampa Bay/Eagles game you know what I'm talking about.

When you are a PRO football player your taught to play tough and physical. That means 100% on every play. I'm sure people would be singing a different tune had the Steelers not played that kick aggresively therefore leading to the game winning FG. From the one replay I saw, Troy fell over onto the kicker. It's unfortunate that it happened that way, but I don't blame him one bit for the way he played.

19ward86
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM
i agree with rooney on the officiating. the last two weeks have been really bad and costly for teams. the call on nate washington was a little unorthidox. the call should never have happened because of a FLINCH. supposably the flinch was very little and had almost no effect on anything.

stlrtruck
10-23-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry but if he moved, it's a false start. It's sort of like saying, "Well the receiver pushed off but it wasn't that big of a push." If it's a penalty, then call it regardless of the severity of it.

Our team never should have been in those situations.

Jacknut
10-23-2006, 02:38 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have decided to give Christmas gifts to various teams early this season. Turnovers, ill-advised taunting and excessive celebration penalties have put games in the hands of our opponents.

[SNIP]

HERE WE GO :tt02: STEELERS :tt02: HERE WE GO

Co-sign

Steel_Bus_24
10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
That whole game just didn't feel right. For every good thing we did we made two bad plays to counter it.

I'm really starting to wonder if this team knows how to play sound solid football for a full game. Even in the KC game we were still fumbling and bumbling about somewhat.

I don't want to go into it too much because it might cause me to have a heart attack at the young age of 20.

But if we are going to keep committing these idiotic turnovers, then I'm not confident that we can beat anyone in the NFL for sure.

Just like to say that Batch is a warrior(Great Job!!), and where and the hell was the f***ing flag for roughing the passer on Ben. How the hell are refs going to call that BS for TB last week and not do anything when there was helmet to helmet contact. If it were Manning, Brady, or Palmers there would have been laundry all over the freaking field.