PDA

View Full Version : defense got tired

19ward86
10-23-2006, 03:07 PM
during yesterdays game i noticed that our defense was on the field for longer periods than usual. at first our D kept up with the recievers and lead mike vick to go 1-5 and 23 yds. then all of a sudden 20-50 yd passes coming from everywhere, this year i think we need to draft a corner in the first round that has excellent speed because our guys are getting burnt late in the games.

emmysDAD
10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
we do not need to draft another corner...
Ike Taylor is fast enough, Ricardo C. is also fast, and he is gone for the year
McFadden has got tons of speed, just not much experince. Next year he has the speed and the exoerince and we are better in the secondary

Blitzburgh
10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Our defensive front three are fat and out of shape. Kissel and Smith have very little pure athletic ability .... they're more grinders. Casey is playing way overweight and isn't as consistent as his paycheck warrants. If I were the Steelers I'd be in the market for at least 2 new ends ... Smith just isn't getting it done over there and is making way too much for what he contributes. Kissel at least deserves the chance to compete for his position, but quite honestly ... I see him in more of the role he played in last year coming in about 15-18 plays per game to give us some push while the starter gets a blow on the sidelines.

emmysDAD
10-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Here you go, switch Porter to DE, and let Harrison take over....

Blitzburgh
10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, put a 255 lb. LB on a 330 lb lineman and perhaps you'll hear Porters number called for a pass rush once every 6 games!

That's exactly what we need to do .... NOT!

emmysDAD
10-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Yes, put a 255 lb. LB on a 330 lb lineman and perhaps you'll hear Porters number called for a pass rush once every 6 games!

That's exactly what we need to do ....

yea...that was a joke...excuse me for not putting an LOL or perhap a J/K

Although Porter was a DE in College.

blackngoldbaby
10-23-2006, 04:41 PM
well another thing they need to work on is the special teams on punt returns they need to pick it up a little they really struggled yesterday in that game. PLus we really really need to get runnin if we could have yesterday i think the game would have been in the bag.

emmysDAD
10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
well another thing they need to work on is the special teams on punt returns they need to pick it up a little they really struggled yesterday in that game. PLus we really really need to get runnin if we could have yesterday i think the game would have been in the bag.

Special teams need something

blackngoldbaby
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Special teams need something

yep they do they just look like their not putting any effort in blocking and its hurting us.

19ward86
10-23-2006, 07:49 PM
i noticed that the guys that answered this thread all posted less than 160 so far, that must be the reason why they are getting this wrong:
colclough-horrible corner
mcfadden-not fast, i like him but we need speed
a. smith-hes athletic, not all DE look like osi uminura.
keisel-he is speedy for playing in the 3-4 defense as a DE
as we have seen, joey is a big part of our D and would be a waist to put him at DE.
so dont state these dumb remarks unless you know what ur talking about!

steelcurtain09
10-23-2006, 08:19 PM
ull hear me harpin on it all this year especially if our corners get burned nemore this year
DRAFT DARRELLE REVIS!!!!
i no it will not happen unless we get a top 10 pick but i still think we should

polamalufan43
10-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey, just to point out something good in all of this, Troy Polamalu, Ryan Clark, and Tyrone Carter are doing fine and sometimes even covering others mistakes.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Blitzburgh
10-23-2006, 09:41 PM
i noticed that the guys that answered this thread all posted less than 160 so far, that must be the reason why they are getting this wrong:
colclough-horrible corner
mcfadden-not fast, i like him but we need speed
a. smith-hes athletic, not all DE look like osi uminura.
keisel-he is speedy for playing in the 3-4 defense as a DE
as we have seen, joey is a big part of our D and would be a waist to put him at DE.
so dont state these dumb remarks unless you know what ur talking about!

Listen wonderlick underachiever .... to judge someones football intellect based on a post count is about as wrong as judging someone by the color of their skin. Grow the hell up already. I've been doing my thing as a Steeler season ticket holder since the mid-70's ... so before you start spouting your Playstation ass off you better know who you're talking to.

Do me a favor guppy .... and stay in the shallow end to swim with the lil' fish. The deep water is no place for you. You said nothing that leads me to believe you know a damn thing about this team and your insight is as shallow as the kiddy pool at Sand Castles.

I'm all about good respectful Steeler discussion on here .....we all have opinions to share. If you can't appreciate and respect my opinion on this board then go sit in the corner and STFU! :rocket:

... as you were

WV-SteelerFan
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
.... to judge someones football intellect based on a post count is about as wrong as judging someone by the color of their skin.

--------------------------------------------------
I'm one of the low post count guys & I agree...