PDA

View Full Version : nate washington

hellbread
10-24-2006, 01:32 AM
i know the celebration caused a flag which the players shouldve known better...but have u noticed washingtons celebration "dance" i dunno if he is dancing or he doesnt know what to do so he just wiggles around...when i saw it i couldnt help but laugh. :toofunny:

Da Steeler Soprano
10-24-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure the dance is something unique that he made up and practices, since he does the same moves every time he celebrates. Maybe if he wasnt dancing around like a idiot on the line of scrimmage when Batch spiked the ball we would of won the game.

hellbread
10-24-2006, 02:57 AM
that game will cause a lot of "what ifs". we lost. whether it be turnovers or bad officiating or nate washington practicing moves at the line of scrimmage...all that matters is that we have another L in that column...and it will be the last. just my two cents.

19ward86
10-24-2006, 07:40 AM
nate is a bad dancer, he needs to stop getting us these 15 yd penalties. he shouldnt get a flag for dancin though since CJ didnt get one when he celebrated with the chicken dance.

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Dancing should be the last thing on this team's mind (especially from one of your supposed team leaders in Hines Ward). Score the TD, hand the ball to the official and work on getting out of the hole we are currently in.

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 07:47 AM
nate is a bad dancer, he needs to stop getting us these 15 yd penalties. he shouldnt get a flag for dancin though since CJ didnt get one when he celebrated with the chicken dance.

I don't think it was the fact that Nate was dancing. It was the fact that two other Steelers (one being Ward) decided to jump in and that's when it became "excessive" celebration.

dustyblades
10-24-2006, 08:02 AM
FYI, Nate's dance is called "the walk it out." I know this because my students keep trying to get my white behind to do it so they can point and laugh. I don't have a problem with celebrating great plays, just don't dance yourself and your team into overtime. Also, Hines should have known better.

HometownGal
10-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I know the boys got caught up in the moment on a great play, but "excessive celebrations" are viewed as taunting and that's a big no-no. Celebrations should be done on the sidelines. Ward, being the vet leader, should have known better, but what's done is done.

Tankus_Maximus
10-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Nate dances like a white man.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the dance is something unique that he made up and practices, since he does the same moves every time he celebrates. Maybe if he wasnt dancing around like a idiot on the line of scrimmage when Batch spiked the ball we would of won the game.

That was an f'ed up call......Never should have been called..........I dont care...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Nate dances like a white man.

White men dance???
I didnt know that...........
Well, i never danced anyway

Prosdo
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought the penalty was on Ward and Wilson for joining in?

Haiku_Dirtt
10-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Dancing should be the last thing on this team's mind (especially from one of your supposed team leaders in Hines Ward). Score the TD, hand the ball to the official and work on getting out of the hole we are currently in.

Why Cowher hasn't taken this issue behind the 'wood shed' is a mystery (among several this season) to me. This crap in the end zone and the taunting should have ceased immediately after the Bengal game. WTF has there been to celebrate about?!!

The one constant this season worth noting is that we give away football games. Celebrations and presents do go together but Nate and Willie and Tyrone and Hines and _________ are clearly missing the point. You do not celebrate before you give the presents - in this case a win in the NFL.

Trying to pick one reason why we lost is like trying to pick which drug -or entourage member - killed Anna Nicole's son. Anyone in itself could be the perp.

Good teams overcome penalties like the bogus one against Troy. GOOD TEAMS don't have to overcome infantile penalties like the one in the end zone. Sucks that he had such a good game too.

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 11:59 AM
It was because the 2 other receivers joined in - after Haynes got flagged in the Cincy game I could not believe a team leader such as Ward joined in.

Given the tenuous status of the season, I assume Cowher will let the celebration problems slide at today's press conference. This team seems too emotionally fragile to get yelled at these days

SteelerFanInCA
10-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Why Cowher hasn't taken this issue behind the 'wood shed' is a mystery (among several this season) to me. This crap in the end zone and the taunting should have ceased immediately after the Bengal game. WTF has there been to celebrate about?!!

The one constant this season worth noting is that we give away football games. Celebrations and presents do go together but Nate and Willie and Tyrone and Hines and _________ are clearly missing the point. You do not celebrate before you give the presents - in this case a win in the NFL.

Trying to pick one reason why we lost is like trying to pick which drug -or entourage member - killed Anna Nicole's son. Anyone in itself could be the perp.

Good teams overcome penalties like the bogus one against Troy. GOOD TEAMS don't have to overcome infantile penalties like the one in the end zone. Sucks that he had such a good game too.

Did I hear Hines say something along the lines that Steeler players will now be fined for any more celebration dances? I thought I heard him say that. Not sure if that is the fix all answer but that crap has to stop.

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Given the tenuous status of the season, I assume Cowher will let the celebration problems slide at today's press conference. This team seems too emotionally fragile to get yelled at these days

Response during today's PC......

Cowher: "It's been dealt with".

Bouchette (the only Steeler writer in this city with a pair): "Wasn't it already dealt with?"

Another sports writer (who I could not make out) followed up Bouchette with a question pertaining to the celebration...

See if it works a second time I guess.

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Also, I'm not trying to make this the no-fun-league. I just feel there is a time and a place. Sitting at 2-3 (at the time) after a Super Bowl season, on the road, in a close game is not the right time in my opinion. On top of that, who is Nate Washington? I'm a Nate Washington fan, but outside of the Steelers not many fans are aware of Nate Washington. It's not just Nate, I've seen players on other teams do the same thing and my response is always the same....."WHO ARE YOU?".

Establish yourself first and then do your little dance if you feel the need to dance after doing your job. May seem a little cruel towards Nate, but it irks me.

sumo
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Nate's dancing is freakin hilarious if he doesn't do it every time he scores this year I will be dissappointed..

Stlrs4Life
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Nate didn't get that penalty on his own. The flag was thrown bcause Ward and another Steeler joined him.

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 06:00 PM
They play grown men millions of dollars to play with a ball and then expect them to act like adults.

:hunch:

floodcitygirl
10-24-2006, 07:16 PM
They play grown men millions of dollars to play with a ball and then expect them to act like adults.

:hunch::point: Well there's a point!!!!!!....And we love to watch them do it!