PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Parcells?

sumo
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Maybe he was a great coach at one time, but whatever ability he had for evaluating talent is gone - he becomes coach of the Dallas Cowboys and who are the two QBs he pushes for? Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe????? - you have got to be kidding me - the reason the Bills and Jets let both of them go is because they couldn't move to save their lives and they choked in big games...

I hate the Cowboys, so I'm taking so some pleasure in all of this, but I am so sick of hearing how great Parcells is - last year, he actually shoved one of his assistant coaches on the sidelines during a game, and you hardly heard anything about it because he's the GREAT TUNA....and he wears his pants too high

Big D
10-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Maybe he was a great coach at one time, but whatever ability he had for evaluating talent is gone - he becomes coach of the Dallas Cowboys and who are the two QBs he pushes for? Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe????? - you have got to be kidding me - the reason the Bills and Jets let both of them go is because they couldn't move to save their lives and they choked in big games...

I hate the Cowboys, so I'm taking so some pleasure in all of this, but I am so sick of hearing how great Parcells is - last year, he actually shoved one of his assistant coaches on the sidelines during a game, and you hardly heard anything about it because he's the GREAT TUNA....and he wears his pants too high

whats up with bill parcells is he cant win with out his boy belichick

Hines86Ward
10-24-2006, 12:16 PM
He was a good coach in his era, nowadays he really doesn't know how to handle things properly....

Ambridge
10-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I think Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs are both stuck in the outdated mindset of playing a Veteran at Quarterback (Both Bledsoe and Brunell are horrible)where it seems the trend in the NFL is to bring in the young QB and let them get as much experience as they can.

boLT fan
10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Parcells looks like Art Shell on the sideline with that blank stare now.

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Parcells has done as well as any coach that came back after "retiring" but once you leave voluntarily it is difficult to impossible to reach the level of success you had with your first team (something for Cowher to consider).

Only coach I can recall that has done better on his second go round as HC was Belichek.

Livinginthe past
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Parcells has historically been a great fire fighting coach - he would arrive and almost immediately make a poor team competitive.

But in recent times, some would say in times without BB as his D coach, he has struggled to take his teams onto the next level - from competitors for division titles to SB hopefuls.

The final humiliation is his having to compromise on the subject of player conduct - with regards to TO - I remember him being really tough on Bledsoe in his New England days and he is hardly the worst character in football.

Bledsoe is great when he has time, terrible when he doesn't - chances are good teams are going to get fairly consistent pressure on the opps QB - chances are Bledsoe will throw picks and hospital passes.

NM

MattsMe
10-25-2006, 01:49 AM
It's the manboobs!

He can't get his players to listen to what he says because they get distracted and start staring at his chest.

HometownGal
10-25-2006, 09:57 AM
It's the manboobs!

He can't get his players to listen to what he says because they get distracted and start staring at his chest.

ROFL!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: He has bigger funbags than me for God's sake!

Jones, Parcells and Owens now can be remembered as the Cryboys' version of Motha (Fooker), Jugs and Speed. :thumbsup:

hardwork
10-25-2006, 09:10 PM
What's up with Parcells? The same thing that's up with Cowher. He can't win.

3 to be 4
10-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Parcells is about what he has always been when he is without Belichick, a good coach. not great.

do you know what Parcells best season ever was without Belichick? 1994, when the Patriots went 10-6 and lost in the first round to the Browns in what is supposed to be Belichicks low point of his coaching career. In 1996 Belichick became the "assistant" coach and secondary coach and the Patriots went to the Super Bowl. And Parcells has never been a good GM like Belichick.