PDA

View Full Version : Most Disappointing Team?

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
After watching the Cowboys fold up last night, the 4 most disappointing teams so far to me are Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys, and Dolphins.

All 4 have been going through QB problems, but as long as Ben stays healthy the Steelers problems at QB are fixed. I suppose that make the Steelers' season all the more discouraging, since they really did not have everything in place until Ben recovered in October due to off the field problems.

Of course that still does not excuse all the turnover problems, as was noted in another thread. Given the available talent, the Steelers at 2-4 probably rank as the biggest disapointment to me.

For whatever reason, Cowher has not had this team focused - it may be the players but something apaears off with Cowher as well. Whether the HC will be around much longer appears to be an issue in Washington and Dallas as well.

klick81
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Steelers WITHOUT a doubt the biggest dissapointment. In my mind, the rest of the teams were always questionable...Dallas and Washington have always thrown money away, getting mediocricy in return. I think the Dolphins would be a far second.

sumo
10-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Being from AZ -- the Cardinals are right up there for me -- huge expectations bringing in the Edge to fix the running game, new stadium, (you won't believe the taxes they put on the community for this) etc - a lot of analysts were picking them to be the dark horse this year -- I know they have sucked in the past, but this was supposed to be their year - Dolphins were also chosen by a lot of talking heads not only as a playoff team, but as a Superbowl contender -- Redskins and Dallas -- anybody with any kind of sense knew they couldn't win with Bledsoe and Brunell as their QBs - Parcells and Gibbs are the two most overrated coaches in the history of the NFL - I have never heard two coaches get so much praise on stuff they have done in the past ....I love NFL history - but how does it relate to what they are doing now?

Haiku_Dirtt
10-24-2006, 12:25 PM
After watching the Cowboys fold up last night, the 4 most disappointing teams so far to me are Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys, and Dolphins.

All 4 have been going through QB problems, but as long as Ben stays healthy the Steelers problems at QB are fixed. I suppose that make the Steelers' season all the more discouraging, since they really did not have everything in place until Ben recovered in October due to off the field problems.

Of course that still does not excuse all the turnover problems, as was noted in another thread. Given the available talent, the Steelers at 2-4 probably rank as the biggest disapointment to me.

For whatever reason, Cowher has not had this team focused - it may be the players but something apaears off with Cowher as well. Whether the HC will be around much longer appears to be an issue in Washington and Dallas as well.

No team is a bigger disappointment than the Steelers. We might have to go 8-2 to make the playoffs. No problem. Right?

clarient
10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
My boyfriend is a major Cowboys fan so I was watching part of the game with him - he had this horrible sick look on his face for most of the night.

I think it's safe to say they're a big disappointment right now - but I also think Romo has a lot of potential. When he wasn't being a Nervous Nancy and getting overwhelmed by the crowd/pressure/Giants (the O-line could have done a better job too), he was making some good plays. According to the BF, it was his first game ever, so the mental errors can possibly be fixed.

Although right now I'm thinking, thank goodness for Charlie Batch!! Competent backups are worth more than their weight in gold!

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
No team is a bigger disappointment than the Steelers. We might have to go 8-2 to make the playoffs. No problem. Right?

8-2 gets the Steelers to 10-6. Assuming Denver and Indy win their divisions, that means the Chargers and Jax will be fighting for wild cards. I do not see either team losing 7 games, which means if the Steelers go 10-6 they will lose tiebreakers to both of those teams.

For the Steelers to get in at 10-6, they probably need to beat Cincinnati, hope the Bengals lose three other games, and then hope they win the tiebreaker with the Bengals (I am assuming the Ravens will collapse).

11-5 probably is the record that the Steelers need to make the playoffs. Anyone see the Steelers going 9-1? Me neither.

Elvis
10-24-2006, 03:21 PM
After not having many injuries last year, we have been ravaged with Ben's injuries and surgeries we have had some bad luck. And then with all the turnovers that is just un called for and they must correct them to get our season going in the right direction...Play-offs prob not..:helmet:

BBC
10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Defending Super Bowl Champs on pace for 5-11 or 6-10 give or take?

Yeah, I'd give them the nod for most disappointing.

HometownGal
10-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey BBC - watch it mister! :wink02:

The Steelers top this list, followed by the Skins, Cards, Cryboys and Rats (though I'm happy as a pig in poo that they are on the decline).

The Skins have just about every ingredient imaginable for a recipe for success. I don't believe Brunell is washed up - yes, he's a lot slower than he was when he used to burn us with the Jags, but he's still a competent QB, imo. They have an above average receiver in Santana Moss and a very capable TE in Chris Cooley, along with El for the trick plays and reverses, as well as his punt/kick return abilities. Their D is pretty darned good overall and they are coached by a legend in his own right, Joe Gibbs. This team should be rolling along, not sputtering.

The Cards - all I can say is that they are a HUGE disappointment. I honestly felt with the acquisition of Edge, they would be a force to be reckoned with, but their OL is one of the worst in the league. You can see the frustration on Edge's face when the holes just aren't there and he is stopped for 2-3 yards per play at best - very un-Edge-like. They have the best tandum of wideouts in the league in Fitz and Boldin. I don't think Kurt Warner is as bad as his stats look - that OL just plain flat out sucks. The Cards' D is definitely above-average and they have an extremely reliable (most times) PK in Rackers. I was sure before the start of the season that they would be in contention for a playoff berth.

The Cryboys - Bledsoe is on the bottom of his career ladder, I believe, and the Boys' running game is somewhat inconsistent - again - because of the lack of a solid OL. Put Julius Jones behind a decent OL and he'd be almost unstoppable. T.O.'s God complex has hurt this team's morale and his on the field finger pointing and refusal to take the blame when it is rightfully his at times, is very unsportsmanlike. He's a great receiver, but his attitude and team comradery skills leave a lot to be desired. The Cryboys have a pretty solid D generally and if the O could play with more consistency, this is a team that should be higher up the rung than they presently are.

The Rats - Billick and those goofy Baltimorons thought that acquiring McNair would guarantee them the throne in the AFC North. Ummmmm - wrong! Though I love Steve McNair and admire and respect his leadership abilities and his toughness both mentally and physically, his better days as a QB are in the past and aren't going to be resurrected. The Rats' running game smells worse than a beer fart - Jamal Lewis isn't anywhere near the back he was projected to be and especially not since his return from the pokey, and other than Todd Heap and occasionally, Derrick Mason, McNair/Boller really have no viable targets downfield. I think Mike Anderson should be given a try in the backfield on a regular basis or at best - split time with Lewis. Speaking of Boller - I've seen nothing to indicate that he is a legitimate starting QB - he just flat out stinks. P-UUUUUUUU!

BBC
10-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey BBC - watch it mister! :wink02:

:laughing:

Just to clear that portion up - I wasn't making a prediction. That is what their record would be if the records stayed in the same proportion for the next 10 games.

My prediction would be more along the lines of 10-6 or 9-7. Still crossing my fingers for the playoffs :wink02:

AvoidLloyd
10-24-2006, 04:00 PM
In no particular order, Miami, Kansas City, Dallas and of course the STEELERS :dang:

steelersfanman92
10-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Steelers are play horribly. The Dolphins are not as good as all the hype they had but really that much wont really change in a year. Culpepper can be good if he is actually healthy. Over all the Steelers are the worst dissapointment.