PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs!!!!???? Playoffs!!!??

moedap
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
NFL Standings Week 7 Projected Finish
AFC W L W L
Indianapolis 6 0 13 3 Div
New England 5 1 12 4 Div
Denver 5 1 11 5 Div
Cincinnati 4 2 11 5 Div
San Diego 4 2 10 6
Baltimore 4 2 11 5 In
NY J 3 3 9 7
Kansas C 3 3 9 7
Jacksonville 3 3 10 6
Pittsburgh 2 4 10 6

Anything short of 10 games in a row and we are out of the playoffs. I project us going 8-2 the rest of the way(if mental mistakes are corrected). With a 10-6 record that would put us in a three way tie with Jacksonville and San Diego by rule 2 of the wild card tie breakers we would be out since we have lost to both San Diego and Jacksonville.

I hate them and I hate to say it but if the Playoffs look like this

1. Ind
2. N.E
3. Denve
4. Cin
5. Balt
6. San D or Jacksonville

N.E. will make it to the superbowl.

Btrice
10-24-2006, 01:13 PM
I am being slightly optimistic (which I've said is entirely uncharacteristic of me) but I seriously think we can go 9-1 and win our division. I think that based on the play I have seen from the Rats and Bengirls in the past couple of weeks we may even be able to go 8-2 and win our division.

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 01:32 PM
The Steelers probably are cooked for a wildcard; while the Jax and San Diego defenses might crumble I doubt either team will lose 7 games, which means the Steelers are tiebreaker losers to either since 10-6 is a wildly best case scenario for the Steelers:

San Diego schedule:
St. Louis
Cleveland
at Cincinnati
at Denver
Oakland
at Buffalo
Denver
Kansas City
at Seattle
Arizona

Jax schedule:
at Philadelphia
Tennessee
Houston
NY Giants
at Buffalo
at Miami
Indianapolis
at Tennessee
New England
at Kansas City

As for winning the AFC North, I fail to see the continued love for the Ravens - I see them losing twice to Cincy and twice to the Steelers.

Add road games at New Orleans and KC + a home game with Atlanta and Baltimore will be lucky to finish 9-7.

Ravens schedule:
at New Orleans
Cincinnati
at Tennessee
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
at Cincinnati
at Kansas City
Cleveland
at Pittsburgh
Buffalo

Best (not good but best available) scenario is to tie Bengals at 10-6 and hopefully win tiebreakers:
Bengals schedule:
Atlanta
at Baltimore
San Diego
at New Orleans
at Cleveland
Baltimore
Oakland
at Indianapolis
at Denver
Pittsburgh

Not a pretty picture.

ARKIESTEEL
10-24-2006, 02:06 PM
:jammin: It can happen:tt02: :thumbsup:

RichmondVA
10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
The best overall record in the AFC North earns an automatic playoff spot. We all know that.

And I know this... even at 2-4 the Steelers ARE the best team in the AFC North!

With 5 more divisional contest still to go, we still have alot to say who will earn our division's automatic birth.

SteelerFanInCA
10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
The best overall record in the AFC North earns an automatic playoff spot. We all know that.

With 5 more divisional contest still to go, we still have alot to say who will earn our division's automatic birth.

Exaclty. Also, some of those games cinnci has will not be easy. We have to keep winning as well but the division will take care of itself. Anything can frickin happen. :tt02:

moedap
10-24-2006, 02:24 PM

Are u saying that we could have a 10-6 record(5-1 in AFCN) Bengals 11-5(4-2) and we would get the automatic birth?

HometownGal
10-24-2006, 02:41 PM

Preach it brotha! :jammin: In addition, Cincy has 2 games left vs. the Rats and the Browns have 1 game left against each and could very well play spoiler and give us a hand. The AFC North title may just come down to the wire. We're not finished until WE say so! :tt02:

Besides, we have something that no other team has - the biggest Steelers fan of 'em all in our corner.....

http://www.profootballhof.com/images/upload/items/medium/01261_3281.jpg

stlrtruck
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I BELIEVE!!!!!

We definitely have the right components to get on a 10 game winning streak, ending this season at 12-4 winning the AFC North, once again and then doing what we did last year only this time - more dominantly!!

dSharp
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Plus we're not coached by a whiny old man who wants everything handed to him like he just deserves it. (I can't stand Old Man Mora.)

I predict 9-1.. I'm not sure where that loss will come from, mostly because I think we're playing pretty good ball, but at times we're too sloppy.. but to be fair I'll say 9-1, at worst 8-2. Denver will be a big game.. if we can beat Oakland and get to 3-4, I think the Denver game will either send us on a streak or send us into a tailspin. We gotta have these games to get on a roll.

:tt02:

RichmondVA
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Are u saying that we could have a 10-6 record(5-1 in AFCN) Bengals 11-5(4-2) and we would get the automatic birth?

No I am not... the best Overall record gets the automatic within each division.

Need4spd
10-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Plus we're not coached by a whiny old man who wants everything handed to him like he just deserves it. (I can't stand Old Man Mora.)

I predict 9-1.. I'm not sure where that loss will come from, mostly because I think we're playing pretty good ball, but at times we're too sloppy.. but to be fair I'll say 9-1, at worst 8-2. Denver will be a big game.. if we can beat Oakland and get to 3-4, I think the Denver game will either send us on a streak or send us into a tailspin. We gotta have these games to get on a roll.

:tt02:

I agree, Denver I believe will be a make or break type of game for us. Not only from a win/loss standpoint, but from a momentum standpoint. I think our best hopes for making it into the playoffs will be from within our own division. The Steelers control their own fate to a large degree here. Because we have already lost to San Diego and Jacksonville, getting in as a wild card will be very difficult for us. However, we still have 5 divisional games remaining, and I think we are perfectly capable of winning each of those 5 games. If we can do that, we should be able to afford one more loss out of the other 5 remaining games and still win the division with an 11-5 record, and with the advantage in the tie-breakers. :cheer:

BigDuke6
10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Its all gonna some dowwn to the last game vs Bungles in Cincy.

CantStop85
10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I agree, Denver I believe will be a make or break type of game for us.
Every game from this point on is a make or break type of game for the steelers.

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Every game from this point on is a make or break type of game for the steelers.

Absolutely correct - this team needs to run the table through early December to have any viable playoff hopes going into the last 3 games of the regular season (@Carolina, Baltimore, @Cincinnti).

Based on the fact they went 0-4 in preseason and have gone 2-4 in the regular season how likely is a 7 game winning streak?