PDA

View Full Version : Asking for prayers and good thoughts......

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
My step-dad was taken to St. Vincent's in Erie today after a heart cath revealed he has a least 2 blocked arteries and an aneurysm. They will be attempting stents tomorrow but will do cardiac bypass immediately if necessary. Jerry is mad he's even there.....thinks nothings wrong, of course!! I live here in Cincy......Mom says not to make the trip, it hopefully will be all over tomorrow but I hate not being there with her. (My brother is there ) Mom and Jerry are huge Steeler fans........please remember them in your thoughts and prayers. Much appreciated! Stillers4me

:tt02:

Mosca
10-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Everything will be OK, s4m. My brother had 3 stents done last Wednesday, he was back at work this Monday. I had quadruple bypass in '92, no problems since. Modern cardiac care is a triumph of medical science. He's with the best. Hang in there, 'K?

Tom

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks, Mosca. Glad you're doing well. My dad has had a quad bypass and a pacemaker.....he's been one very sick man ever since, never got better. I know most people do very well afterward.

floodcitygirl
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey girl! You know that you and your family are already in my prayers. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you want to talk. We have had lots of heart stuff on both sides of my family. Please let me know how things go. (I wondered why you were on here so early this afternoon) Take care. :smile:

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Flood! I'm home today, actually because I have the afternoon off. I have to work Saturday morning so we get an afternoon off through the week when that happens. I was ready to pack up and drive home but Mom says "stay put" and I know better than to disobey Mom!

Livinginthe past
10-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Best wishes and thoughts to your step-dad, Stillers!

Im sure everything will just be A-Ok!

NM

ARKIESTEEL
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Will keep you and yours in my thoughts

SteelCityMan786
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Best wishes man. I hope he recovers.

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
God Bless. Your step-dad and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

meanjoecoop
10-24-2006, 03:32 PM
We're praying for you dear!

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Thank you all! My brother just called and said mom is being set up with a room near the hospital. Thank goodness she is staying put because my brother said it's snowing like a "you know what" up there and it's an hour drive from their house in Jamestown to Erie.

HometownGal
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Please know, Stillers, that your family and especially your Stepdad will be in my thoughts and prayers. Medicine has come a long way in recent years and here's hoping the docs can rectify the problems he is and has been experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

BIG (((HUGS))) to you, hon. :hug: :hug:

sumo
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Bypass surgery is so routine now -- my father in law had quadruple bypass surgery last week - he's already walking around being a pain in the ass again

Chronicgaming
10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Best wishes to you and your family. My mom just had 2 stints put in a few weeks ago and is doing fine now. I'm sure things will go well today. :smile:

Big D
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
best wishes and prayers stillers

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-25-2006, 09:28 AM
My step-dad was taken to St. Vincent's in Erie today after a heart cath revealed he has a least 2 blocked arteries and an aneurysm. They will be attempting stents tomorrow but will do cardiac bypass immediately if necessary. Jerry is mad he's even there.....thinks nothings wrong, of course!! I live here in Cincy......Mom says not to make the trip, it hopefully will be all over tomorrow but I hate not being there with her. (My brother is there ) Mom and Jerry are huge Steeler fans........please remember them in your thoughts and prayers. Much appreciated! Stillers4me

:tt02:

I wasnt here yesterday so just saw your post..but you can BET on me praying for your step-dad until I hear back from you as to how he is doing!!!!

stillers4me
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Thank you all for every prayer and good vibe sent our way!! Jerry had two stents put in this morning and he should be released tomorrow!! (and will be resting comfortably....at least until Sunday at 4:00!!) Never, ever underestimate the power of prayer...especially those from the Steeler Nation!

floodcitygirl
10-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank you all for every prayer and good vibe sent our way!! Jerry had two stents put in this morning and he should be released tomorrow!! (and will be resting comfortably....at least until Sunday at 4:00!!) Never, ever underestimate the power of prayer...especially those from the Steeler Nation!That is such great news Stillers! I'll keep him in my prayers. He'll just have to do his part by taking care of himself now. Thanks for the update. :smile:

Elvis
10-26-2006, 06:29 AM
:coffee: stiller4me... I am so sorry that I am just reading these threads about your step father, but I am glad that things are looking good for him. I will keep him and your family in my prayers... May God Bless you and all yours that are saying all these nice things and all your prayers... Aint it good that people can be good to each other, is it really that hard to have those qualities in each of us?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Thank you all for every prayer and good vibe sent our way!! Jerry had two stents put in this morning and he should be released tomorrow!! (and will be resting comfortably....at least until Sunday at 4:00!!) Never, ever underestimate the power of prayer...especially those from the Steeler Nation!

From the steeler nation to your family stillers4me. :hug: