PDA

View Full Version : TOWEL BOY MUST GO..

Elvis
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
:banging: I am so tired of seeing Duce Staley walking around on the sideline holding on to his hanky... He is nothing but a waste of salary cap $$$$ How long must this go on?:chicken: Its got to be one of the biggest jokes I have seen as a Steeler fan in my memory since the Steelers kept letting Mark Malone throw passes.. I had rather just save a place on our roster for Elvis Pressley... he would draw more fans to actually get the chance to see the king...DUCE MUST GO:poop: :rofl: :whistle: :willy:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Dude Duce will be gone after this season. Trust me I don't know why the Steelers just get it over with now. But towel boyt thats funny bro.

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg Pretty much sums it up. Duce in his infamous battleship colored sweats playing with his pisello.

MACH1
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Yep- He's gotta go

Elvis
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
That is the best action photo I have seen him in in 2 years...:sofunny: :thumbsup: :banana: :jawdrop: :tt02: Hey... I am a starter now...400 threads who would have thought...?his pisello... now that is funny..

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
No! - Towel Boy must stay and Ed.B. of the P-G explains why in his online chat today:

texastom: What is the deal w/ Duce Staley? He has been inactive for 2 years. Is he just an emergency option at running back? Please tell me this is the last year on his contract.

Ed Bouchette: I've answered this question so many times, including a recent daily question. Perhaps everyone would like me to give them a different answer, so here goes: Duce Staley not only is Jim Brown reincarnated, but he's in the prime of his running life. He's never been hurt. He showed up in such great shape in training camp that the Steelers decided to put him on ice, to preserve him and pull him out for the 2008 season, because Willie Parker will be used up by then. :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
No! - Towel Boy must stay and Ed.B. of the P-G explains why in his online chat today:

texastom: What is the deal w/ Duce Staley? He has been inactive for 2 years. Is he just an emergency option at running back? Please tell me this is the last year on his contract.

Ed Bouchette: I've answered this question so many times, including a recent daily question. Perhaps everyone would like me to give them a different answer, so here goes: Duce Staley not only is Jim Brown reincarnated, but he's in the prime of his running life. He's never been hurt. He showed up in such great shape in training camp that the Steelers decided to put him on ice, to preserve him and pull him out for the 2008 season, because Willie Parker will be used up by then. :sofunny:

LOL, good stuff. Thanks Dan........and Ed. :cheers:

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
With the injuries stacking up, he may end up being our quarterback. Better hold on to him a little longer.

(great picture!!)

83-Steelers-43
10-24-2006, 05:33 PM
he may end up being our quarterback.

Please, don't ever say that again. :wink02:

SteelersHoss
10-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Is it me, but has this man not rushed for over 1000 yards a few years ago. He was on pace for an amazing year 2 years ago. I donlt understand the NFL soemetimes. It is not like he forgot to run the ball. he is a good runner. Give him a chance.

Need4spd
10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg Pretty much sums it up. Duce in his infamous battleship colored sweats playing with his pisello.

:toofunny: :sofunny: :toofunny: :sofunny: :toofunny:

Elvis
10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
SteelerHoss... has that Canada Cold froze your brain?:jawdrop: Staley has proven that his days are over in Pittsburgh unless you have seen something I havent... and I doubt that...:tt02: :helmet:

Infamix
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Is it me, but has this man not rushed for over 1000 yards a few years ago. He was on pace for an amazing year 2 years ago. I donlt understand the NFL soemetimes. It is not like he forgot to run the ball. he is a good runner. Give him a chance.

I completely agree. There is a reason they are keeping Duce, or is there? :jawdrop:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I dont understand what happened to him..........When hes health he can do a good job

jaysta
10-24-2006, 11:29 PM
I dont understand what happened to him..........When hes health he can do a good job

It's that "healthy" thing that has been his main problem. He can't stay healthy. Sorry, but unless someone can see something that we can't, it's time for Duce to fade into retirement. :helmet:

Chronicgaming
10-25-2006, 12:09 AM
My Prediction: Duce comes out of the woodwork to make a key play late in the season... in the redzone.

ok... Time to get back to drinking again. :cheers:

Seriously though, I would like to know the reason for keeping him on the roster. Is there something on his contract that is preventing the Steelers from releasing him? Maybe a huge lump payment if he is released early? (I don't know much about NFL contracts, is that possible?)

I.C. Lights
10-25-2006, 12:48 AM
There were so many of us that wanted him gone at the end of last season, but I don't know if it was possible contractually. All I know is that I'm also so sick of seeing him there on the sidelines. As far as giving the guy a chance, I see where you're coming from, but Duce has had plenty of chances and has proven to be nothing but a crystal figurine - a very, very expensive crystal figurine. Why not give that chance to someone else? After all, our coaching staff excels at finding RB talent.

83-Steelers-43
10-25-2006, 03:53 AM

That was my exact opinion heading into this season before he came into camp looking like he came off a two year twinkie binge and it reflected on the field.

Zero discipline if you ask me.

Livinginthe past
10-25-2006, 05:11 AM
I think Cowher generally knows what he is doing in terms of personnel decisions, so you'd have to imagine that Staley will play a part later this year.

The Steeler running game hs been pretty good on the whole, so I dont think there is any real need to activate Staley at this point - however, if Fast Willie was to pick up an injury then Cowher probably believes that Staley would be in a better position to step in than anyone who is available is a free agent.

At this stage of the season there is probably little value to cutting Staley, because there is very little of value in the free agency market.

NM

Elvis
10-25-2006, 07:06 AM
:tt02: I guess Cobbs must not be available anymore... what happened to him when we released him anyway? I would just like to see us have someone in Staley's spot that can contribute.. like Quincy Morgan to return punts atleast.. something other than just stand there on the sideline waiting on your weekly check for Nothing..:jawdrop:

Infamix
10-25-2006, 08:00 AM
I think Cowher generally knows what he is doing in terms of personnel decisions, so you'd have to imagine that Staley will play a part later this year.

The Steeler running game hs been pretty good on the whole, so I dont think there is any real need to activate Staley at this point - however, if Fast Willie was to pick up an injury then Cowher probably believes that Staley would be in a better position to step in than anyone who is available is a free agent.

At this stage of the season there is probably little value to cutting Staley, because there is very little of value in the free agency market.

NM

LITP is right, I think he will activate Duce if FWP happens to get injured

Stillers43
10-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Great Photo!

HometownGal
10-25-2006, 09:39 AM
83- you're a hoot! :sofunny:

Geez - you people haven't been able to read between the lines yet? That isn't Duce you see on the sidelines - it's really John Kuhn who was surgically altered to look like Duce to throw everyone off. Cowher is saving him for the playoffs, you silly people! :banana:

stlrtruck
10-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I completely agree. There is a reason they are keeping Duce, or is there? :jawdrop:

I think he's being kept on the team because of his willingness to remain inactive last year during the playoff run. Maybe it's Cowher repaying him for his lack of complaining to the media about it and doing what was asked of him.

SuzyPeppercorn
10-25-2006, 06:18 PM
i agree when the time is right everyone will understand why they kept duce on the team.