PDA

View Full Version : Henry going to the Titans

clevestinks
07-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Titans, not Jaguars, land Henry in trade

(July 15, 2005) -- The story about where Travis Henry might land now has shifted to a running back battle between Henry and Chris Brown.

The Titans have reached agreement in principle with the Buffalo Bills on a trade that will bring Henry back to Tennessee, where he helped the University there win its only national championship. In return, the Bills are expected to receive the Titans' third-round draft choice in the 2006 NFL draft. The trade will become official if and when Henry passes his physical with the Titans.

A third round pick seems like a pretty good deal!

Livinginthe past
07-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I always thought that the two principal suitors for Travis Henry were unusual ones because it is quite obvious that Henry wants to be the go-2-guy.
The Titans have Chris Brown - a very talented if slightly fragile prospect - who will win this battle for No.1? They have invested in CB after letting Eddie George go so it doesn not make too much sense to then take carries away from him.
Maybe one solution will be to make Henry the work load guy and then use Brown as a change of pace and 3rd down back, but this still reeks of a demotion for Brown.
Which ever way this plays out I still think you have one seriously disgruntled RB on your hands.
I, too, think that a 3rd rounder is a decent price to play for a relatively proven commodity.

Regards

NM

ironcitychef
07-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I, too, think that a 3rd rounder is a decent price to play for a relatively proven commodity.

Is there a reason the Bills waited so long to pull this off? Seems they would have dumped Henry at this point if a team could validate their parking. Advantage Titans in this deal so far.

Livinginthe past
07-18-2005, 10:43 AM
My impression was the the Bills were holding out for a 3rd rounder. I believe that the teams initially interested in Henry were offering 4th rounders - I think this is a result in the general depreciation in the Running Back market.

In a way it is similar to the Corey Dillon deal - if it goes ahead both teams win - Bills get rid of a disgruntled RB and the Titans gain a workhorse for a mid-round draft pick.

Regards

NM

ironcitychef
07-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Also, Henry I guess isn't getting a new deal so he will definitely have to out Brown to get a payday later.

Tha rock
07-19-2005, 02:00 AM
He shoud start there!