PDA

View Full Version : Something about Batch...

Infamix
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
everytime he gets behind center, it's almost as if I completely trust him to play QB. I'm not worried about any kind of turnover, or anything like that. Of course, we would rather have Ben in there, but I have to say that Batch is by far one of the best backups in the NFL as of now.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-24-2006, 10:19 PM
I agree.......He comes out and plays QB as well as any back up in the game....
If ben was hurt and out for a few weeks, i dont feel we would lose too much from our offense other than bens mobility and his ability to streatch a play

Texasfan
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
He has been great for us so far. It's good to have him here.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Charlie has an offensive line something he never had in Detroit. I'm glad he's a Steeler.

In Charlie we Trust!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Elvis
10-25-2006, 07:17 AM
:helmet: I thought when we signed him, he would be a good backup, but with time gone by, I realize that he is a great backup and a great guy.. I am also glad that we have him and Detroit doesnt... what ya think that the Lions are thinking each time they see him out there making plays when he gets the chance?:banana:

sumo
10-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree -- Batch has improved with age no doubt about it - coaches around the league are going to start taking notice of guys like Batch and Huard that have been sitting for several years - it's not always a bad thing...

memphissteelergirl
10-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Charlie has an offensive line something he never had in Detroit. I'm glad he's a Steeler.

In Charlie we Trust!!! :cheer: :cheer:

:iagree:

Charlie has been "Mr. Reliable" for us. He is the best backup QB in the league, IMHO. Yeah, I'm biased, but I don't care. Charlie is DA MAN! :thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Batch is top 3 in backup QB's in the league.

Dynasty
10-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I would rather have him than any other backup in the league. Okay that Garrard guy, who they wanted to start in JAX wouldn't be too bad, cause he has a cannon and is mobile like hell, but I like Charlie a lot. If football was only based on character, he would be one of the best playerss in the NFL

SteelCityMan786
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
everytime he gets behind center, it's almost as if I completely trust him to play QB. I'm not worried about any kind of turnover, or anything like that. Of course, we would rather have Ben in there, but I have to say that Batch is by far one of the best backups in the NFL as of now.

Batch isn't just one of the best, HE IS THE BEST in my opinion.

steelergirlrocks
10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I like Charlie and love it even better that he is a hometown boy from the Burgh!!
Go Steelers!

stillers4me
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Everytime he takes the field, I'm thankful he's a Steeler. And I'm glad he got a ring.......he held the ship afloat when the captain was down last year. You da man....Charlie!

jaysta
10-25-2006, 11:20 PM
He's definitely the best backup in the league right now. I'm a big fan of using an ex-starter as a backup. Washington started this trend back in the late 90's when they paid more money for Jeff Hostetler as a backup then some of the teams were paying their starters. I would definitely feel comfortable seeing him start against Oakland in case Ben's still recovering from his concussion. :helmet:

Blitzburgh
10-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Homestead Charlie is one of the few bright spots thus far this year .... It's good to have a veteran back-up that can come in with little first team reps and get 'r done.

SteelersWoman
10-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Charlie's got a 136.4 QB rating for this year's playing time so far :thumbsup:

cbalke
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm definitely diggin Batch. He's been through the fire with terrible o-lines in Detroit, so he knows how to play under some serious pressure. He could have been one of the greats if Detroit had pulled their heads out of their butts with line talent.

That said, he is the man and I'm very glad we have him. I was in no rush to get Ben back and I thought that he should have sat out game 2 and 3 to get himself completely healed up. Looking at the results, maybe we still would have lost, but that's not any worse than where we're at now, you know?