PDA

View Full Version : Classless in Atlanta

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Big Ben says player taunted him after hit
Unnamed Falcon made remark about Steelers QB's surgically repaired face

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15418846/from/RS.3/

PITTSBURGH - Ben Roethlisberger won?t have any trouble remembering the hit that gave the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback his latest concussion.

?It felt like it busted my whole jaw,? he said Wednesday.

He also won?t forget the crude comment made by one of the three Atlanta Falcons players who, while sacking him Sunday, apparently taunted Roethlisberger by saying he wanted to hit him in his surgically repaired face.

Roethlisberger took part in limited work during practice Wednesday and is listed as questionable for Sunday?s game in Oakland, despite receiving his second concussion in about four months. He has not been cleared by doctors to play but, if he is, plans to ?beg and plead? with coach Bill Cowher to do so.

?If you ask me, I?m always leaning toward playing, no matter what it is,? he said Wednesday. ?But it?s something we have to be smart about.?

Roethlisberger, who led the Steelers to a Super Bowl win last season, was injured during a helmet-to-helmet hit by defensive end Chauncey Davis immediately after releasing a pass during the third quarter. Roethlisberger also was sandwiched by defensive lineman Patrick Kerney and linebacker Ed Hartwell.

?They got me from every angle,? he said.

Roethlisberger lay motionless for several minutes, and at least one teammate said he was unconscious on the turf. He was visibly dazed while being taken to the locker room, but felt better within a few minutes and later returned to the sideline.

?The last thing I remember is throwing to Hines (Ward) and I tried to duck out of it, and as I tried to duck out of it I remember getting hit in the chin ? it felt like I busted my whole jaw or something,? he said. ?One of their players said something to me and that?s the last thing I remember.?

He declined to identify the player who talked about the facial injuries the quarterback received during his June motorcycle crash, but said: ?I?ll remember his number.?

?They made a little comment, but I won?t bring it up right now,? he said. ?When I got hit, I wasn?t worried about the front of it (the jaw) ? it?s stronger than it was before ? but the back of it was a little sore.?

Roethlisberger needed seven hours of surgery to repair the facial damage caused during the crash, with strips of titanium placed in the jaw to strengthen it. He also received a concussion during an accident that occurred while he wasn?t wearing a helmet.

Despite another head injury, he doesn?t plan to switch to the recently designed football helmet that affords a player more protection from concussions.

Roethlisberger has had headaches since Sunday, though they are not as bad as they initially were. Still, Cowher is encouraged by the tests Roethlisberger has taken at least twice this week.

The tests measure a player?s memory, attention, mental processing speed and reaction time. The results are compared to those taken when the player was healthy, and are used to determine when he can play again after a concussion.

While those close to Roethlisberger labeled the concussion as ?mild? and not worrisome, the symptoms he describes suggest otherwise.

According to widely recognized grading systems used by neurosurgeons and other medical professionals, any concussion that involves a loss of consciousness cannot be labeled as mild. Loss of consciousness, headaches and memory loss are more often associated with severe concussions.

The concussion tests NFL players take were largely designed by doctors who work in the medical complex where the Steelers practice, so Cowher isn?t worried Roethlisberger might be cleared prematurely to play.

?The biggest thing is we get clearance from the medical people,? Cowher said. ?Once that has been decided then I have to sit down and talk to Ben and see how comfortable he is and see where he is.?

Long-term medical studies have suggested that players who receive multiple concussions can be increasingly susceptible to others. Roethlisberger acknowledged he may have had others in his career.

?I?ve been playing football a long time,? the 24-year-old said. ?I?m sure I?ve had a few mild dings here and there.?

Atlanta Dan
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Too bad the Falcons are not in the division; I would liketo see some payback for that comment to Ben.

This story further leads to my impression thais was no minor ding - a big question for me is whether Ben now has an "eggshell skull" (that is a principle any lawyers out there who remember their first year torts class know) following the June accident that results in greater vulnerability to future blows to the head.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
We'll end up play Atlanta again.

The only people that will remember this guy's number is the Steelers offensive players.

Also,it was helmet to helmet,why the hell no flags?Protection the QB my ass!

stillers4me
10-25-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm more convinced that ever now that that was a a deliberate dirty hit....and they got away with it.

Steel_Bus_24
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
There should have been a flag.

If that were Manning, Brady, or Palmer getting hit like that there would be laundry all over the field, and the NFL would send assasins the next day to take out whoever hit em

stillers4me
10-25-2006, 06:32 PM

If that were Manning, Brady, or Palmer getting hit like that there would be laundry all over the field, and the NFL would send assasins the next day to take out whoever hit em

You got that right.

floodcitygirl
10-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Also,it was helmet to helmet,why the hell no flags?This is the question that I've been asking since Sunday! I still don't get it???!!! No flags and no fines.....nothing.

stillers4me
10-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Atlanta plays Cinci on Sunday.........what's the bet that if they even sneeze in Carson Palmer's direction the flags will be all over the field??

Stillers43
10-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Terrible call! The refs need to be consistent for everyone. No flags on Roethlisberger's or Hasselbeck's hits is just assinine!

Atlanta Dan
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
I linked yesterday to a New York Times article on how the hit got a long look at the league's HQ on Sunday. The consensus then and apparent conclusion was that it was not a foul.

Since Ben clearly got knocked out, I guess the league is looking at helmet to helmet or forearm to the head hits and is not looking at a shoulder pad being driven into a jaw.

Go figure (and the Haselbeck hit would seem to be a foul under the Van Olhoffen/Palmer rule - don't get that one either).

19ward86
10-25-2006, 08:03 PM
sorry but i dont expect class to come out of a city like atlanta, not like the northern part of the countries teams they dont have respectable coaches with good behavior that show their players how they are supposed to act. PS-i havnt wined yet so im going to say this,WE GOT CHEATED. ROUGHING THE KICKER? make up your own mind.....

touchdownward
10-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Not that I give ten craps about the seasquawks, but the defender was blocked (although lightly) into Hasselbeck and that's why there wasn't a flag.
Go Steelers!!!!! :helmet:

Indy_Steelers
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
especially after the cheap call on Brown for hitting Vick and then not calling the hit on Ben.

Steel Warrior
10-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Interesting, we get a call on the roughing the passer call on Vick, the roughing the kicker call on Troy....excuse me...what a joke, and there's no call on that play? How many times does anybody have to watch it to see it was helmet-to-helmet? :smoker:

Stillers#1
10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Eh, as much as I think it sucks that Ben got hurt, I personally am tired of all the rules protecting the QB. This is football, people get hit and hurt. If our O-line cant protect Ben, then we need new personnel.

Blitzburgh
10-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Football is a violent sport for tough minded invividuals ... it is not a sport where showing "class" is part of the rules for winning or getting paid.

Never bitch about a team being too rough .... especially being a Steeler fan where physical play and toughness is the bane of our existence and part of our football tradition. It makes one sound like a cry-baby.

If this were a Steeler player that kicked Vick's ass, or asked Carson Palmer's how his bum leg was feeling just after he buried him in the turf, you all would have been pretty excited about it. :tt02:

Personally, I'd love to have another Greg Lloyd type disposition on our team ...:headbutt:

PAMillerGrrl83
10-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Falcons suck and the guy who made that remark to Ben is a dick plain and simple.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Football is a violent sport for tough minded invividuals ... it is not a sport where showing "class" is part of the rules for winning or getting paid.

Never bitch about a team being too rough .... especially being a Steeler fan where physical play and toughness is the bane of our existence and part of our football tradition. It makes one sound like a cry-baby.

yes football is a violent sport but a cheap shot is just that.....a cheap shot.

Jeremy
10-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Violence within the rules is an accepted part of the game.

But violence outside of the rules is something else all together.

PAMillerGrrl83
10-25-2006, 11:12 PM
yes football is a violent sport but a cheap shot is just that.....a cheap shot.

I agree 100%.

HometownGal
10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
I expressed my outrage over this very topic on Sunday night. It amazes me to no end that Chad Brown got called for a "late hit" on Vick - which was about as minor as they come, but no flag was thrown on the hit on Ben when not just one, but TWO Atlanta defenders came in on his head. I felt then that is was a deliberate attempt to injure and this only reinforces that belief. There is absolutely NO excuse for the NFL to be sweeping this under the rug - none whatsoever. I hope Dan Rooney raises holy hell over this.

As for the inappropriate remark made to Ben, it doesn't shock me at all - some athletes go above and beyond the game and take it to a personal level instead of leaving it on the field - - - UNTIL karma comes back around to bite them in the ass and they experience a similar situation with one of their loved ones. What goes around comes around.

Blitzburgh
10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Wasn't a cheap shot .... man up and get over it. The league reviews all questionable calls and would deem it a finable hit if it were cheap .... especially a hit on a QB!

Wasn't cheap .... just too many angry fans out there that want to lash out at something .... anything ... right now.

MattsMe
10-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Isn't there a rule against lowering your head when hitting the QB? I'm not sure, but it seems like Mike Perriera talked about it on NFL Total Access when he was questioned about the roughing the passer penalty near the end of the Cincy/Tampa Bay game. I could be wrong about it, does anyone else remember the interview and/or know the rule?

X-Terminator
10-26-2006, 01:11 AM
I expressed my outrage over this very topic on Sunday night. It amazes me to no end that Chad Brown got called for a "late hit" on Vick - which was about as minor as they come, but no flag was thrown on the hit on Ben when not just one, but TWO Atlanta defenders came in on his head. I felt then that is was a deliberate attempt to injure and this only reinforces that belief. There is absolutely NO excuse for the NFL to be sweeping this under the rug - none whatsoever. I hope Dan Rooney raises holy hell over this.

As for the inappropriate remark made to Ben, it doesn't shock me at all - some athletes go above and beyond the game and take it to a personal level instead of leaving it on the field - - - UNTIL karma comes back around to bite them in the ass and they experience a similar situation with one of their loved ones. What goes around comes around.

Agreed 100%.

Lowering your head to hit QB + helmet-to-helmet contact = cheap shot. The defender taunting Ben after the fact only adds to my belief, and why there was no flag thrown on the play is beyond me. If the league is so hell-bent on protecting the QB at all costs, then they and the refs need to be more consistent when it comes to hits like this.

wildjames
10-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Yeah, that's because the NFL cares about the good quarterbacks.

clarient
10-26-2006, 02:22 AM
DAMMIT BEN, WEAR THE FRIGGIN' HELMET... WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?!?

I swear to God he's just asking to get hurt. Won't wear the helmet on the motorcycle - by the way, my father died in a motorcycle accident, Ben, and he WAS wearing a helmet - and now you won't wear the one that helps protect against further concussions.

And if you beg and plead your way into the game on Sunday and you get hurt again, then I don't care what other people say - you deserve every bit of what you get.

STOP BEING A DIMWITTED QUARTERBACK! Just because you're ACTING like you've got rocks for brains doesn't mean you DO! Arghsadnklnakjshdbasdb!!!!

Elvis
10-26-2006, 07:13 AM
CLARIENT... what has God done to you today? Not Good Boy...Not Good... No matter how bad the falcon players and or fans are there should not be language like that... Every defense would be taunting like that after a big hit on the opposing QB when you think that you have made him go down hard.. and I know that if the tables were turned I would have jumped off the couch celebrating... This forrum is starting to scare me with what people are allowed to say... May God Bless You Clarient..

Cry Me a River
10-26-2006, 07:29 AM

stlrtruck
10-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Well, we can go back to last week when sissynatti got a roughing the passer call against them for falling on Gradowski for the bucs. That was ridiculous. The league's officials have no consistency and they obviously have no desire to teach these over the hill refs how to be consistent from team to team.
On the other hand, football is a violent sport and we have to expect that players are going to be hurt. Even our QB! The thing that our team has to do is go out and make up for it. And in now way am I saying that they need to illegally hit/hurt another player but instead within the guidelines of the rules, make them pay for hurting one of our own!

Cry Me a River
10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
How does he remember all this? I thought he got knocked out. Seems a bit fishy to me.

bravo890
10-26-2006, 09:53 AM
if Ben got knocked out, then how does he remember what anyone said to him immediately after the hit?

RIG58
10-26-2006, 10:20 AM
sorry but i dont expect class to come out of a city like atlanta, not like the northern part of the countries teams they dont have respectable coaches with good behavior that show their players how they are supposed to act.

I went to the game and their fans did not show much class either

Stillers#1
10-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Once again, who cares, if this had been Vick that went down from a Deisel hit, all of you would have been cheering. Don't be classless homers. Football is football is football. What the NFL has done the past decade or so, with all of the rules protecting the QB is crap. Do you think Jack Lambert would have helped Ben up off the ground after hitting him? NO! He would have said some shit to him, kicked him, rabbit punchedd him in a pile, anything dirty, AND I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT....IT'S FOOTBALL. Political correctness is ruining our game. All of you people who are out here coddling our QB, your wrong, and you need to get your head right. You were more than likely the first people cheering when Carson went down in the playoffs. I'll admit, I was happy. But don't turn the other cheek when our QB gets hurt. He is a Big Boy and I imagine he talks more than his fair share fo shit when he is out there ripping D's up.

Cry Me a River
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Stillers#1 is spot-on.

Lyn
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Ben has been through so much, he will withstand it all though. He is a tough guy!~

:tt02: :bouncy:

Haiku_Dirtt
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Too bad the Falcons are not in the division; I would liketo see some payback for that comment to Ben.

This story further leads to my impression thais was no minor ding - a big question for me is whether Ben now has an "eggshell skull" (that is a principle any lawyers out there who remember their first year torts class know) following the June accident that results in greater vulnerability to future blows to the head.

My dad is retired after 40 years of intensive and critical care and he echoed this thought back in July. My gut instinct is that Ben will have a short NFL career...say eight years.

Livinginthe past
10-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Personally, I thought Ben's comments to the media were a little childish and quite typical of the type of ego-driven me first attitude he has displayed for large parts of his short career.

I think he has all the tools to be an excellent NFL QB, but he needs to bin this excessive desire for attention - to be honest I have no time for players who make accusations but then stop short of naming the player - if you arent going to say who done it just keep your mouth shut.

NM

Atlanta Dan
10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Personally, I thought Ben's comments to the media were a little childish and quite typical of the type of ego-driven me first attitude he has displayed for large parts of his short career.

I think he has all the tools to be an excellent NFL QB, but he needs to bin this excessive desire for attention - to be honest I have no time for players who make accusations but then stop short of naming the player - if you arent going to say who done it just keep your mouth shut.

NM

The Falcons deny saying anything according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution beat writer, who writes:

The players involved in the hit, defensive ends Patrick Kerney and Chauncey Davis, as well as linebacker Michael Boley, all denied saying or hearing anything being said to Roethlisberger on the play.

?I was right there and I certainly didn?t hear anything like that,? Kerney said. ?It?s interesting that an injury, as unfortunate as it is, has become such a big deal and that talking on the field has, as well. I think [talking on the field] is a time-honored tradition since the 1950s for people to say some things that aren?t popular.?

Added Boley: ?I was right there on the play when he got hurt. I didn?t hear anybody say anything to him. If they did it had to be one of those things where somebody went up to him and whispered in his ear. I don?t think anybody on this team would say anything like that. That was just something good to print. That was just something that he wanted to say. I guess after being knocked out like that he just wanted to get something out there in the paper.?

Hate to say it, but after thinking it over I believe the Falcons on this one. If any of the Falcons said anything and any of the Steelers other than Ben would have heard it (or Ben would have discussed it on the sidelines) I believe that player and/or Vick would not have lasted the rest of the game.

For a third year QB Ben is in the media spotlight more than most in the league his age and may want to consider how much to talk to the press, which loves to print this kind of stuff.

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 04:36 PM

NM

Yeah, he's been out there making credit card commercials and what not. Oopes, that was Tom Brady.

FleshBomb
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Man, what happened to Pittsburghs hard nosed image? Sounds like many of their fans are following their QB's lead...too much crying for me.

And the hit was legal. Ben was ducking and got hit in the head with a shoulder pad. Good clean knockout type hit.

I also think he "heard" those comments while he was in lala land.

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Man, what happened to Pittsburghs hard nosed image? Sounds like many of their fans are following their QB's lead...too much crying for me.

And the hit was legal. Ben was ducking and got hit in the head with a shoulder pad. Good clean knockout type hit.

I also think he "heard" those comments while he was in lala land.

This is what we're talking about mods. Useless trolls who just do nothing but stir the pot.

Livinginthe past
10-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah, he's been out there making credit card commercials and what not. Oopes, that was Tom Brady.

I think even you can see the difference between set piece, scripted commercials and the type of outbursts to the media Ben has become infamous for.

NM

X-Terminator
10-26-2006, 05:47 PM
This is what we're talking about mods. Useless trolls who just do nothing but stir the pot.

This board has been overrun by these idiots lately.

Indy_Steelers
10-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Once again, who cares, if this had been Vick that went down from a Deisel hit, all of you would have been cheering. Don't be classless homers.

You do not know me well enough to say something that stupid. I would not have cheered. I did not like it when Palmer got hurt either. I like teams on both sides of the ball to be as healthy as possible so we get a good game and nobody saying that is so and so was healthy you would have lost. Chad Brown got called for less than that earlier in the game for hitting Vick. It should have been called for the fact that his head was down. Hitting somebody with the top of the helmet is spearing and a personal foul.

Stillers#1
10-26-2006, 05:58 PM
There was nothing illegal about the Ben hit. Like the fleshbomb said, Ben was ducking the hit and got hit in the head. It was clean, even by the NFL's lofty standards. Get over it, and stop whining.

FleshBomb
10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
You do not know me well enough to say something that stupid. I would not have cheered. I did not like it when Palmer got hurt either. I like teams on both sides of the ball to be as healthy as possible so we get a good game and nobody saying that is so and so was healthy you would have lost. Chad Brown got called for less than that earlier in the game for hitting Vick. It should have been called for the fact that his head was down. Hitting somebody with the top of the helmet is spearing and a personal foul.

Are you blind or do you just have tears in your eyes when you watch that play? Good lord I have lost a lot of respect for pittsburgh fans. What a bunch of babies. HE WASN'T SPEARED. He was ducking and got hit in the chin with a shoulder pad. Then he went to sleep and started dreaming that some dirty birds were talking smack and being mean. Boo-Hoo!! Hahahahaha!!

What an embarassment this is for a sorry 2-4 team. '

How does it make you feel that Hines WANTS to be a Falcon? I wish he was too!

Stillers#1
10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Ummm I'm not quite surte that Hines wants to be a Falcon, and I don't know what this has to do with this thread.

Atlanta Dan
10-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Are you blind or do you just have tears in your eyes when you watch that play? Good lord I have lost a lot of respect for pittsburgh fans. What a bunch of babies. HE WASN'T SPEARED. He was ducking and got hit in the chin with a shoulder pad. Then he went to sleep and started dreaming that some dirty birds were talking smack and being mean. Boo-Hoo!! Hahahahaha!!

What an embarassment this is for a sorry 2-4 team. '

Another name joins my ignore list

C'mon moderators - the weeds are taking over on this board

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 07:09 PM

What in the hell are you talking about? I guess if you don't have anything to say down south, you just make things up huh?

LITP, you're just as bad with making things up to feed your own fragile ego.

blackngoldbaby
10-26-2006, 07:09 PM
DAMMIT BEN, WEAR THE FRIGGIN' HELMET... WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?!?

I swear to God he's just asking to get hurt. Won't wear the helmet on the motorcycle - by the way, my father died in a motorcycle accident, Ben, and he WAS wearing a helmet - and now you won't wear the one that helps protect against further concussions.

And if you beg and plead your way into the game on Sunday and you get hurt again, then I don't care what other people say - you deserve every bit of what you get.

STOP BEING A DIMWITTED QUARTERBACK! Just because you're ACTING like you've got rocks for brains doesn't mean you DO! Arghsadnklnakjshdbasdb!!!!

OK CALM DOWN! it wont make any difference if he weres the protective helmet anyways yeah i know itll help him with preventing concussions but i recall ben saying that he cant see right out of the protective helmet ,its not comfortable for him.so i dunno its really up to the offensive line. bens a great guy id hate to see him end his carreer early my heart goes out to him and i pray that he never has any problems like that again.

SteelCzar76
10-26-2006, 07:37 PM
First of all,.......all on this this thread who's loyalty's do not lay with this organization,.... and wish to see our demise,.....please feel free to "French kiss the taint and entire arsehole of Satan,..... fresh off a "Public toilet" bowl. And then proceed to G.F.Y.M. LOL :helmet:
With that said,......Football is a collision sport and has no place for the faint of heart. I can and will not make excuse's for Ben's comment's. But let the league decide whether or not the hit was "dirty" or not. But even if it was dirty,....you don't fault Jackel's for being as such. The fault lies with us for not finishing them accordingly.
Your enemies,....will never concern themselves with your well being,.....only your ill fortune. (Especially against them). This does not mean you forfeit YOUR honor,......it just means your resolve should be all the stronger in finishing them in your manner.
As far as those that lack merit,.......as mentioned earlier,.... KARMA is a muthaf##ka,......and can, only and will be decided by forces that are not in the control of any Man.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

SteelCzar76
10-26-2006, 07:49 PM
sorry but i dont expect class to come out of a city like atlanta, not like the northern part of the countries teams they dont have respectable coaches with good behavior that show their players how they are supposed to act. PS-i havnt wined yet so im going to say this,WE GOT CHEATED. ROUGHING THE KICKER? make up your own mind.....

You should'nt generalize little brother ,....it clouds your reason and effectiveness. We subjected ourselves to the whims of others.

touchdownward
10-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Sure, Hines WANTED to be a falcon out of college, but they passed him over (Georgia Bulldog fan here).

But as of last Sunday, he wanted to stick it up their collective arse and did for three touchdowns.
:flipoff:

MattsMe
10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I think even you can see the difference between set piece, scripted commercials and the type of outbursts to the media Ben has become infamous for.

NM

Wow. You really have gone mad.

Stilliz
10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
First of all,.......all on this this thread who's loyalty's do not lay with this organization,.... and wish to see our demise,.....please feel free to "French kiss the taint and entire arsehole of Satan,..... fresh off a "Public toilet" bowl. And then proceed to G.F.Y.M. LOL :helmet:
With that said,......Football is a collision sport and has no place for the faint of heart. I can and will not make excuse's for Ben's comment's. But let the league decide whether or not the hit was "dirty" or not. But even if it was dirty,....you don't fault Jackel's for being as such. The fault lies with us for not finishing them accordingly.
Your enemies,....will never concern themselves with your well being,.....only your ill fortune. (Especially against them). This does not mean you forfeit YOUR honor,......it just means your resolve should be all the stronger in finishing them in your manner.
As far as those that lack merit,.......as mentioned earlier,.... KARMA is a muthaf##ka,......and can, only and will be decided by forces that are not in the control of any Man.

All that rhetoric you must be a godamn lawyer.

Ben threw the ball... was ducking down... falling down ya know, dudes were going into make a tackle... tackles generally come in low as these were... Ben going down on his own, tacklers coming in low ---- they bumped heads. Its football. Maybe Ben should get his lineman some Isotoners er sumpin.

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 09:54 PM

Ben threw the ball... was ducking down... falling down ya know, dudes were going into make a tackle... tackles generally come in low as these were... Ben going down on his own, tacklers coming in low ---- they bumped heads. Its football. Maybe Ben should get his lineman some Isotoners er sumpin.

Which in today's NFL constitutes a 15 yard personal foul penalty.

Imagine a different scenario. A wide reciever and a defensive back are running down the field. The defensive back loses his footing and falls into the defensive back. The defensive back didn't mean to knock him down, it's just football. But none the less, it's a pass interference penalty. Spot foul and a first down.

The rules of football are the rules of football. None of it based on intent or motivation. If you knock someone down out of bounds, whether you meant to or not, it's a 15 yard personal foul penalty.

The officials didn't cost us the game. The team did that just fine on their own. But if you're going to call Troy for running into the kicker on the field goal try, you need to call the helmet to helmet hit on Roth. You have to because those are the rules of the game and the officials are paid to enfore all the rules, not just the ones the feel like.

Mosca
10-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Jeez, you know I personally am embarassed for the guy. It sounded to me like he was tattling; "Teacher, he was TAUNTING ME!"

Whether the guy was or the guy wasn't, Ben should have kept his mouth shut and dealt with it between the lines where it belongs. Taking it out to the press and the fans makes him look bad.

I call 'em like I see 'em. He's tough as nails, sure, and he's a real talent on the field. But he needs a whole shitload of maturity; he's got a lot of personal growing up to do.

Tom

Jeremy
10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
And if that were the point the Atlanta fans were making, I'd agree with them. What Roth did was just embarassing for us as Steelers fans. This is a young man who still has a lot of growing up to do.

SteelCzar76
10-26-2006, 11:06 PM

Are'nt you supposed to be fast asleep in a "race car" bed ? (LMAO) Or perhaps you're unware of what those of your peer group are supposed to do whenever "grown folks are talkin" ? Go play somewhere else :yawn:

"Hail Caesar,.........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

ColtsFan in CA
10-27-2006, 01:58 AM

ok if you saw the hit Peyton took against the Redskins no way do you say this...:dang:
PM was bent like a pretzel and no flag...IMO the refs this season are major suckage

stlrtruck
10-27-2006, 08:39 AM
The refs the last few years have taken a few plays off in a lot of games. It's a damn shame that they are ruining the game by allowing certain players to get away with illegal plays and/or protecting certain players like a mother coddling their infant!

Elvis
10-27-2006, 12:10 PM
:tt02:
ColtsfaninCA... I saw that hit of Peyton and it was a bad No Call In My Opinion as well... that could have been a devistating injury to Peyton and there was No Cause for the way it was Not handled... As far as Bens hit from the Falcons I think that it could have went either way.. but the $5,000 fine from the NFL for our WR's Hines Holmes and Washington is Rediculous...:jawdrop: :helmet:

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 01:52 AM
LITP, you're just as bad with making things up to feed your own fragile ego.

i agree.

today alone, we have heard litp comment on bens "infamous outbursts", "immaturity", and quest for the "limelight". (someones obviously jealous ben has gained more stature and street cred than manicure brady).

isnt this talk better reserved for the blast furnace?

i can handle the new trolls. they will disappear. it is our resident veteran subtle trolls, who try to gain favor as knowledgeable and intelligent posters, as they blast our players and team, that seems to be more of a problem.

its not like i call brady a ****** in the nfl or steelers section. yet this particular poster thinks that just because he happens to be a fan of brady he has free will to blast ben on any given occasion.

where did he obtain this "get out of jail for free" card?

Atlanta Dan
10-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Tony - it all depends how you approach it I guess.

I described Belichek as an arrogant a**shole in response to a post by LITP yesterday and I read his reply to agree with me, so I save the troll description for dreck that fit the definition, such as Big Ben's Bike Helmet and Cry Me A River. IMHO troll is not a fair desription of LITP.

I think Ben does have certain issues with not always sticking with the facts and in acting immaturely. If that were not so, we would not have been awaiting medical bulletins this past June. For Ben to reach the next level, he needs to quit making stuff up ("broken toes"; the Falcons mocking his injury when he got knocked out, which I have come to believe was a flat out lie). Ben can be the best Steeler QB ever (including Bradshaw) but he needs to quit being a drama queen and so obstinate to get there.

I always enjoy your posts but a lot of what LITP said about Ben is unfortunately true. Part of what makes this board so enjoyable to me is that it is not just rah-rah when the performance does not merit the cheers - the Steelers are having a horrible year and the posts on this board are providing a lot of good insights into why. When people do not back up their opinions with facts, then we can smack 'em back with the facts.

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 08:12 PM

I described Belichek as an arrogant a**shole in response to a post by LITP yesterday and I read his reply to agree with me, so I save the troll description for dreck that fit the definition, such as Big Ben's Bike Helmet and Cry Me A River. IMHO troll is not a fair desription of LITP.

I think Ben does have certain issues with not always sticking with the facts and in acting immaturely. If that were not so, we would not have been awaiting medical bulletins this past June. For Ben to reach the next level, he needs to quit making stuff up ("broken toes"; the Falcons mocking his injury when he got knocked out, which I have come to believe was a flat out lie). Ben can be the best Steeler QB ever (including Bradshaw) but he needs to quit being a drama queen and so obstinate to get there.

I always enjoy your posts but a lot of what LITP said about Ben is unfortunately true. Part of what makes this board so enjoyable to me is that it is not just rah-rah when the performance does not merit the cheers - the Steelers are having a horrible year and the posts on this board are providing a lot of good insights into why. When people do not back up their opinions with facts, then we can smack 'em back with the facts.

Thanks Dan,

Its appreciated.

NM

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 08:45 PM

I always enjoy your posts but a lot of what LITP said about Ben is unfortunately true. Part of what makes this board so enjoyable to me is that it is not just rah-rah when the performance does not merit the cheers - the Steelers are having a horrible year and the posts on this board are providing a lot of good insights into why. When people do not back up their opinions with facts, then we can smack 'em back with the facts.youre opinion should be respected around here as much as anybody's. i guess anyone calling litp a troll could be akin to calling myself a troll.

but i dont believe ben is lying about stuff that was said to him on the field.

and the toe incident happened when he was what? 22 years old?

he has won a sb since then. and it was an appendectomy that had him miss time early in the season. not a bike accident.

anyways the turnovers still occur regardless if ben is a primadonna, or an attention *****. its not his fault and a motorcycle or toe cant be the blame for the steelers 2-4 start.

slashsteel
10-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Once again, who cares, if this had been Vick that went down from a Deisel hit, all of you would have been cheering.

All huh ? I go to a bar in Apopka, Florida. Froggers and I don't cheer other teams injuries. And if someone does. I say we don't do that we are Steeler fans. So let us not say all, that is too assuming for my tastes.

slashsteel
10-28-2006, 10:05 PM
I find it interesting that opposing fans are reaching at straws when it comes to Big Ben. He lied etc.. etc..etc...... Again hopefully for the last time. We only know the media's spin on it. Anything other than that is a assumption. And if you are willing to assume please assume things about your own teams misfortunes. Thank you have a good day.

FleshBomb
10-30-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm waiting for the Classless in Oakland thread to start up. Big Ben said in a post game interview that some Raiders said some real mean stuff after 3 of the 4 interceptions he tossed. He wouldn't say who it was just that he would remember their number. HAHAHAHA!!

Cry Me a River
10-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Check it out: http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/10/adding-insult-to-closed-head-injury_29.html

Cry Me a River
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Plus...doesn't this...

:banging:

...remind you of Ben?

That smilie isn't wearing a helmet either! :wink02:

MACH1
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
hey does hairyPalmer remember who caused him to fumble, bet they had some choice words for him to.

SteelCzar76
10-30-2006, 06:38 PM

No it isn't. And it's quite obvious from your posts here,...that you're the helmet expert.
I'm almost certain that you've worn one on many an occasion while riding a very small Bus,..... in a very small school district.

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Plus...doesn't this...

...remind you of Ben?

No. It reminds me of me reading your stupid posts. :coffee:

Cry Me a River
10-30-2006, 06:56 PM
No it isn't. And it's quite obvious from your posts here,...that you're the helmet expert.
I'm almost certain that you've worn one on many an occasion while riding a very small Bus,..... in a very small school district.
Please refrain from your childish personal attacks. I'd hate to have to report you to the moderators.

Thank you.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Please refrain from your childish personal attacks. I'd hate to have to report you to the moderators.

Thank you.

Go ahead and report me. But you are ****ing tool and just acting like a little bitch.

Cry Me a River
10-30-2006, 07:11 PM
...you are ****ing tool and just acting like a little bitch.

I'd hate to see you get banned...but this is a family forum. I have no choice but to report you.

SteelCzar76
10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Go ahead and report me. But you are ****ing tool and just acting like a little bitch.

:sofunny: Need i say more ? :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I'd hate to see you get banned...but this is a family forum. I have no choice but to report you.

Go ahead Timberlake and report me. If this board is going to let trolls that bring nothing to the table run free. Then I don't care if I get banned or not.

SteelCityMan786
10-30-2006, 07:20 PM
THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread is closed. This is turning into an absolute fight.