I'm Appalled
I know What has to be Done!
I'm a USA Soldier

Elvis
10-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Thats pretty cool if I may say so myself...God Bless

memphissteelergirl
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I say a big "THANK YOU" to all our men and women in uniform!!

Stillers#1
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Personally, coming from someone who has deployed for this "war on terrorism" 6 times now (3 month tours) I think this is kind of corny.

Livinginthe past
10-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Personally, coming from someone who has deployed for this "war on terrorism" 6 times now (3 month tours) I think this is kind of corny.

Well said, Stillers#1.

As I have said before, these cheesy posts have one theme in common to make a link between who disagree with the war and people who dont like the armed forced or the people who comprise it.

Totally irrational - just the last sad squeaks from the Bush Ministry Of Misinformation.

NM

memphissteelergirl
10-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Well said, Stillers#1.

As I have said before, these cheesy posts have one theme in common to make a link between who disagree with the war and people who dont like the armed forced or the people who comprise it.

Totally irrational - just the last sad squeaks from the Bush Ministry Of Misinformation.

NM

*Sigh*
OK....I don't get on the boards to talk politics because it just gets ugly. So I am going to say this one time and then I am gonna leave it alone...whether you agree or disagree that is your perogative.

My comment before was sincere....and I don't appreciate it being referred to as "cheesy" or "corny". I do appreciate the sacrifices of our military...they deserve our thanks. And I don't hestitate to say it to anyone in uniform I happen to meet. That said however, I will go on record and say that I think the war in Iraq has proven to be nothing but an abysmal failure, run by a bunch of neocons who are so bull-headed and arrogant they can't see the truth in front of them. (BTW, don't accuse me of being some so-called "cut and run, bleeding heart liberal Democrat"...I'm not...I'm an Independent who has as much disdain and dislike for the far left as I do for the far right.). But just because I oppose the war does not mean I cannot appreciate the job the military has to do.

(Climbing off my soapbox now....)

Livinginthe past
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
*Sigh*
OK....I don't get on the boards to talk politics because it just gets ugly. So I am going to say this one time and then I am gonna leave it alone...whether you agree or disagree that is your perogative.

My comment before was sincere....and I don't appreciate it being referred to as "cheesy" or "corny". I do appreciate the sacrifices of our military...they deserve our thanks. And I don't hestitate to say it to anyone in uniform I happen to meet. That said however, I will go on record and say that I think the war in Iraq has proven to be nothing but an abysmal failure, run by a bunch of neocons who are so bull-headed and arrogant they can't see the truth in front of them. (BTW, don't accuse me of being some so-called "cut and run, bleeding heart liberal Democrat"...I'm not...I'm an Independent who has as much disdain and dislike for the far left as I do for the far right.). But just because I oppose the war does not mean I cannot appreciate the job the military has to do.

(Climbing off my soapbox now....)

I apologise for the misunderstanding - I was referring to the initial 'by the numbers post' which I have seen way too many versions of over the last year or two.

Im 100% on the same team as you on this subject, just because I have always been against the war in Iraq the pro-war factions have labelled us anti-armed forces which couldn't be further from the truth.

I have nothing but gratitude for the guys and girls who give up their normal way of life, and all the sacrafices that entails, to protect their country - but i'd love nothing bettre to have them home safe, not engaged in a conflict they never had a chance of winning due to major league bufoonery at the highest level.

Feel free to use the 'soap box' and time you want - thats what its there for :wink02:

NM

Lyn
10-26-2006, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=memphissteelergirl;166347]*Sigh*

(Climbing off my soapbox now....)[/QUOTe

You are so right my dear! Showing our concern, and our caring for those in uniform is in no way "cheesy or "corny" Hang onto your beliefs, you are the one who is correct. Most people who feel that mentioning those in uniform is "corny and cheesy" are generally AntiGod, also.

Livinginthe past
10-27-2006, 05:24 AM
You can't be anti-God when you dont believe in him.

Unless you are accusing me of being a Satanist?

NM

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 06:02 AM
There are better ways to show your appreciation for the military. Spend some time at a VA hospital, put together care packages for troops stationed overseas (especially important in the next two months), or donate some money to the USO.

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2006, 09:21 AM
There are better ways to show your appreciation for the military. Spend some time at a VA hospital, put together care packages for troops stationed overseas (especially important in the next two months), or donate some money to the USO.

I have done or donated to things such as this at one point or another.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-27-2006, 09:24 AM

As a vet myself ..I believe that all of us who served should support the right of anyone in this forum to express themselves ..and their support for the armed forces in a manner that THEY choose...

A person who writes a poem or expresses an opinion from the heart should be given as much credit as any other act/deed/expression that came from a sincere desire to express support.

To downplay and criticize a tribute would lead me to believe that people are putting their politics and personal beliefs above the tribute itself..and that PISSES me off.

Stillers#1
10-27-2006, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=Lyn;166355
You are so right my dear! Showing our concern, and our caring for those in uniform is in no way "cheesy or "corny" Hang onto your beliefs, you are the one who is correct. Most people who feel that mentioning those in uniform is "corny and cheesy" are generally AntiGod, also.[/QUOTE]

So now I am Anti-God? B/C I thought this post was cheesy? Thanks much, but you can judge me as whatever you want, when I see you over in the sandbox with me, fighting a "war" I don't believe in. I am very far from anti-God, the majority of Republicans (my grandfather would be ashamed to say he was a Republican, and I am getting to the point where I am too) would have you believe that if you against this "war you are a terrible person. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the thanks, but these poesm dont do any of us soldiers, airmen, marines, or sailors any good at all. I for one also despise when I am out in my uniform, and someone has to come up to me, and thank me for what I do. It's a job, nothing more. I didn't like college so this was the next best thing, while I became mature enough to do something with my life. You want to support us? Then help get us the **** out of Iraq!!

And this is coming from one of "those in uniform" so I have every right to feel this post was cheesy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-27-2006, 12:30 PM
So now I am Anti-God? B/C I thought this post was cheesy? Thanks much, but you can judge me as whatever you want, when I see you over in the sandbox with me, fighting a "war" I don't believe in. I am very far from anti-God, the majority of Republicans (my grandfather would be ashamed to say he was a Republican, and I am getting to the point where I am too) would have you believe that if you against this "war you are a terrible person. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the thanks, but these poesm dont do any of us soldiers, airmen, marines, or sailors any good at all. I for one also despise when I am out in my uniform, and someone has to come up to me, and thank me for what I do. It's a job, nothing more. I didn't like college so this was the next best thing, while I became mature enough to do something with my life. You want to support us? Then help get us the **** out of Iraq!!

And this is coming from one of "those in uniform" so I have every right to feel this post was cheesy.

And as a former vet of a foreign war, which means I have AS MUCH OF A RIGHT as you..I think your post is demeaning and rude. It is one thing to give your opinion of politics and the war...But by using terms such as cheesy and corney...you demean the writer....and HOW DARE YOU "despise those who thank you for what you do"...Someone wanted to let you know that you are appreciated and you DESPISE that!!!!!???
You might want to do a gut check..because if your political views interfere with common courtesy then YOU have the problem ..not those who are showing a caring spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stillers#1
10-27-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't tell them to get away from me or anything rude like that, I was brought up better. But it gets old. I just ell them very politley, that it's just a job, and nothing more.

Just an example, I was home on emergency leave a few weeks ago(the day of the Charger game to be exact) and the reason I was home was for my father-in-law's funeral. I was eating lunch at Sal's (a resturaunt in Beaver County) with my wife's family. Mind you I was wearing my dress blues b/c my wife's Dad expressed to me he wanted me to wear them to his funeral. I wasn't wearing them for the attention, I hate wearing my blues. During the course of our lunch (2 hours) we were interupted 5 times, while talking about my passed away father-in-law., by people who just wanted to say thank you. It's gotten to the point that if I wear a uniform out anywhere, that I have to deal with this non-stop. If you want to bug me thats fine, but when you make my family feel uncomfortable, especially when they are grieving, that is not fine with me, and that's when I began to hate when people do this. It's not only a way to say "thank you", it's also a way for people to make themselves feel better, b/c they said "thanks". Like I said, you want to thank us, then help us get out of Iraq, or help us get a raise in pay that exceeds inflation.

My political views do no get in the way of common courtesy. I have never EVER been rude to somoene who has said thanks. HOW DARE YOU judge me, b/c I think this post is cheesy. I may be fighting "for everyone's right to free speech" (which I think is just a cop out, our free speech was guaranteed over two hundred years ago) but I am also fighting for mine. I have been "demeaned" in here before, I will be again.

There is no reason to thank us, we knew what we were getting into, especially those of us who signed up AFTER 9/11. So before you write me off as some *******, who deosn't appreciate the people who appreciate me, think about the things I'm talking about.

I respect your opinion, but I differ with it, too bad, not everyone can agree with you. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Stillers, just a word of advice from someone who has tangled with Lamerts before, just let it go man.

You're not going to win this argument.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-27-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't tell them to get away from me or anything rude like that, I was brought up better. But it gets old. I just ell them very politley, that it's just a job, and nothing more.

Just an example, I was home on emergency leave a few weeks ago(the day of the Charger game to be exact) and the reason I was home was for my father-in-law's funeral. I was eating lunch at Sal's (a resturaunt in Beaver County) with my wife's family. Mind you I was wearing my dress blues b/c my wife's Dad expressed to me he wanted me to wear them to his funeral. I wasn't wearing them for the attention, I hate wearing my blues. During the course of our lunch (2 hours) we were interupted 5 times, while talking about my passed away father-in-law., by people who just wanted to say thank you. It's gotten to the point that if I wear a uniform out anywhere, that I have to deal with this non-stop. If you want to bug me thats fine, but when you make my family feel uncomfortable, especially when they are grieving, that is not fine with me, and that's when I began to hate when people do this. It's not only a way to say "thank you", it's also a way for people to make themselves feel better, b/c they said "thanks". Like I said, you want to thank us, then help us get out of Iraq, or help us get a raise in pay that exceeds inflation.

My political views do no get in the way of common courtesy. I have never EVER been rude to somoene who has said thanks. HOW DARE YOU judge me, b/c I think this post is cheesy. I may be fighting "for everyone's right to free speech" (which I think is just a cop out, our free speech was guaranteed over two hundred years ago) but I am also fighting for mine. I have been "demeaned" in here before, I will be again.

There is no reason to thank us, we knew what we were getting into, especially those of us who signed up AFTER 9/11. So before you write me off as some *******, who deosn't appreciate the people who appreciate me, think about the things I'm talking about.

I respect your opinion, but I differ with it, too bad, not everyone can agree with you. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

I DO DARE...because wether you see it or not YOU DEMEANED another person for their views on giving tribute to soldiers. You can have your own views without referring to somones tribute as cheesey and corney....PERIOD!!!! ...and to be honest your views as a person in the military is in the minority (ande I HOPE you try to argue that point with me)...I appreciated those who took time out of their schedule to thank me for serving...my friends in the military appreciate those who take time to thank them for serving...You and I are entightled to a viewpoint ..but it is common sence and courtesy to be able to express opposition without rudeness...

If you have a problem with poems..thank you's ..or WHATEVER!!!....you have a Right to voice an opinion...but with maturity comes the understanding that all rights come with responsibility..the most basic of which is the the civil responsibility to argue your counterpoint without rudeness.

Personally...I think that your attitude is selfish. So what if it makes someone feel better to let a soldier know they are appreciated. How dare they feel better right?...Do you really believe that they dont mean the sentiment?...believe me ..it makes me feel better to shake the hand of a young soldier or to give a couple of soldiers at the airport money for a dinner on me...but that is a bi-product of my DOING THE RIGHT THING....and that SHOULD make me feel better about myself...because I do it for the right reasons. Just remember..for every person that senses your irritance...some soldier who needs the support may not get that handshake or thanks. I am sorry for your loss, and would probably be a little uncomforatable about people coming up why I was grieving...but that in NO WAY excuses you transferring that attitude to someone on this forum who is being sincere. It is the equivelant of your chewing out a civilian in the airport for shaking the hand of a soldier...except you are hiding behind your computer to do it...which makes it WORSE!!!

Here is to all of you on this forum who feel better about giving tribute to our armed forces...I appreciate the gesture as do the vast majority of the young men and women who serve our country!!!

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 02:47 PM
I think you both need to calm down.

You're both entitled you your opinions and I believe you should both leave it at that. I can see, and have been on, both sides of this argument at one time or another.

I do believe that the sentiment in this post was sincere and I appreciate it fully. But just like Stillers, I do get a little tired it from time to time.

So maybe we should just agree to disgree and move on ok.

Stillers#1
10-27-2006, 03:31 PM
No way Jeremy, LLT is never wrong, and I'm not wrong on this. It gets old, I'm a bad person b/c I don't like people coming up to me all the time and bugging me? You want to thank me, fine thank me, but let me spend my time out with my wife, with my wife, and without the constant interupting. I am not hiding behind a computer screen, I just happen to be voivcing my opinion from a computer. If I am hiding behind a screen, then everyone here is hiding behind a screen. It was nice at first, all the thanks you's but it gets old. You want to support the troops? Then put the flags back on your cars, buy a magnet for the dead troops families. Like I said, I have had COUNTLESS numbers of people interupt what I was doing, just to thank me, and it get's old. I don't like the fact that I even get offered military discounts. I don't accept them, no matter how much it may help me. It's my job, plain and simple. Just like the guy who brings you your mail, he gets paid, I am not doing this for free.

Sorry I don't share your views on this and it gets you sooo riled up dude. But this is how I feel and nothing is going to change that.

Sorry to Ohio Steeler, I did come off dickish, and that isn't right of me. However I do feel this is corny.

And don't question my reasoning for signing up for the service, I signed up AFTER we had already been in Iraq and Afghanistan. I signed up to help make this country safer for my family and for my future kids. So dont ever call my character into question.

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm just trying to keep some peace on the board is all. LLT and I have had our battles before.

augustashark
10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
You can't be anti-God when you dont believe in him.

Unless you are accusing me of being a Satanist?

NM

You don't believe in God? Why not? Were you raised this way?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 09:35 AM
No way Jeremy, LLT is never wrong, and I'm not wrong on this. It gets old, I'm a bad person b/c I don't like people coming up to me all the time and bugging me? You want to thank me, fine thank me, but let me spend my time out with my wife, with my wife, and without the constant interupting. I am not hiding behind a computer screen, I just happen to be voivcing my opinion from a computer. If I am hiding behind a screen, then everyone here is hiding behind a screen. It was nice at first, all the thanks you's but it gets old. You want to support the troops? Then put the flags back on your cars, buy a magnet for the dead troops families. Like I said, I have had COUNTLESS numbers of people interupt what I was doing, just to thank me, and it get's old. I don't like the fact that I even get offered military discounts. I don't accept them, no matter how much it may help me. It's my job, plain and simple. Just like the guy who brings you your mail, he gets paid, I am not doing this for free.

Sorry I don't share your views on this and it gets you sooo riled up dude. But this is how I feel and nothing is going to change that.

Sorry to Ohio Steeler, I did come off dickish, and that isn't right of me. However I do feel this is corny.

And don't question my reasoning for signing up for the service, I signed up AFTER we had already been in Iraq and Afghanistan. I signed up to help make this country safer for my family and for my future kids. So dont ever call my character into question.

YOU are just NOW admitting you came off as "dickish" to Ohiosteeler...and THAT was the point...to LET a person give tribute without having to have some one be "DICKISH" to them!!!
I am impressed that you are finally admitting that...
As for your character...I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE...but I wouldnt work beside you or have you work for me. You are entightled to feel how you want about people "bugging you" when they think enough to thank you..I dont understand it and I feel it to incredibly immature and I will NEVER understand your attitude towards it "just being a job". In the private sector I would can your butt faster than you could say "unemployment" if you told the public that what you do is just a job. As a civilian I take pride in my work and am very appreciative of those who take time out of THEIR lives to tell me thank you...As a soldier that pride is amplified by being one of the select few who not only practice freedom, but also defended it....AND when I put on that uniform (the uniform that you so transparantly say you hate), I was very aware that it was the uniform that was worn by Alvin York...Audi Murphy...and the 3,460 recipients of the Medal of Honor.
..and I have a flag on my car...a sign in my yard...I help with the organization of care packages to our local National Guard unit that is currently deployed...and I Will ALWAYS SHAKE THE HAND OF ANY SOLDIER I COME ACROSS AND GIVE THEM MY SINCERE THANKS...and HALF the time it is with tears in my eyes.
Again...please try and arque the point that the majority of the armed forces actually appreciate the kindness extended by the public. You know in your heart you cant, but you are very willing to dissuade people from doing what MOST armed forces personnel appreciate. But you keep telling yourself that your not wrong, maybe you will start believing it in time.

topglock45
10-28-2006, 10:29 AM
STEELERS1- YOU SIR ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY- I am a police officer and I am proud to wear my uniform. There is one regret I have in my life and that sir is joining the military. I live with this everyday of my life. And to see people like you complain about someone complementing your military service makes me SICK. Are you a King or President of something we aren't aware of ????? Our great military do not deserve people like you serving. I DON'T THINK MY TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING SPENT WISELY BY HAVING YOU ON OUR GOVERNMENT PAYROLL. If it was up to me you'd be cleaning the head ( Toilets ) the rest of your military career. You must be a liberal democrat ..... If you don't like people thanking you for your service - DON'T WEAR YOUR UNIFORM IN PUBLIC- or maybe you like that attention because if you didn't sir you wouldn't be wearing it in public !!! Maybe you should look in the mirror when you complain .. maybe to someone who cares..... I am glad you are not serving as a police officer because I couldn't trust someone like you backing me up when my life depended on it. People like you don't deserve the right to wear a uniform and represent our great country. I have 2 step- sons serving our great country and YES one of them is in Iraq and your comments and complaints are a slap in the face of both of them. One of them is serving in the Airforce and the other is a Marine and both of them take pride in serving unlike yourself. I would like to say THANK YOU FOR SERVING AND FOR GIVING ME THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH YOU AND FOR PROTECTING MY RIGHT TO SAY - YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE SERVING IN THE WORLDS GREATEST MIILITARY FORCE. If you were a Vietnam veteran who was spit on when you came back from serving our country I could see why you were upset but, for you to complain about someone being PROUD OF YOU & YOUR SERVICE is unacceptable and OUR COUNTRY DESERVES BETTER....

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 11:05 AM
You don't believe in God? Why not? Were you raised this way?

I was raised a Roman Catholic (my parents are Irish) - I just made a decision based on what information I have, or should I say what information I don't have or am never likely to get.

NM

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 11:09 AM
STEELERS1- YOU SIR ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY- I am a police officer and I am proud to wear my uniform. There is one regret I have in my life and that sir is joining the military. I live with this everyday of my life. And to see people like you complain about someone complementing your military service makes me SICK. Are you a King or President of something we aren't aware of ????? Our great military do not deserve people like you serving. I DON'T THINK MY TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING SPENT WISELY BY HAVING YOU ON OUR GOVERNMENT PAYROLL. If it was up to me you'd be cleaning the head ( Toilets ) the rest of your military career. You must be a liberal democrat ..... If you don't like people thanking you for your service - DON'T WEAR YOUR UNIFORM IN PUBLIC- or maybe you like that attention because if you didn't sir you wouldn't be wearing it in public !!! Maybe you should look in the mirror when you complain .. maybe to someone who cares..... I am glad you are not serving as a police officer- People like you don't deserve the right to wear a uniform

I dont think your first post on this forum should be one where you call someone a disgrace.

I also dont see how you can question how deserving Stillers#1 is to wear the forces uniform - he could be the biggest a**hole and I would still be grateful to him and people just like him who do that job and make that sacrafice.

Calling someone 'sir' doesnt excuse the hostile, abusive nature of your post either.

NM

floodcitygirl
10-28-2006, 11:11 AM
STEELERS1- YOU SIR ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY- I am a police officer and I am proud to wear my uniform. There is one regret I have in my life and that sir is joining the military. I live with this everyday of my life. And to see people like you complain about someone complementing your military service makes me SICK. Are you a King or President of something we aren't aware of ????? Our great military do not deserve people like you serving. I DON'T THINK MY TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING SPENT WISELY BY HAVING YOU ON OUR GOVERNMENT PAYROLL. If it was up to me you'd be cleaning the head ( Toilets ) the rest of your military career. You must be a liberal democrat ..... If you don't like people thanking you for your service - DON'T WEAR YOUR UNIFORM IN PUBLIC- or maybe you like that attention because if you didn't sir you wouldn't be wearing it in public !!! Maybe you should look in the mirror when you complain .. maybe to someone who cares..... I am glad you are not serving as a police officer- People like you don't deserve the right to wear a uniformI'm not inserting myself into this thread at this point but just wanted to say.... Welcome Topglock45!!!!! Enjoy the forum!!!!! And in all sincerity, THANK YOU for your service!

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 12:14 PM
YOU are just NOW admitting you came off as "dickish" to Ohiosteeler...and THAT was the point...to LET a person give tribute without having to have some one be "DICKISH" to them!!!
I am impressed that you are finally admitting that...
As for your character...I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE...but I wouldnt work beside you or have you work for me. You are entightled to feel how you want about people "bugging you" when they think enough to thank you..I dont understand it and I feel it to incredibly immature and I will NEVER understand your attitude towards it "just being a job". In the private sector I would can your butt faster than you could say "unemployment" if you told the public that what you do is just a job. As a civilian I take pride in my work and am very appreciative of those who take time out of THEIR lives to tell me thank you...As a soldier that pride is amplified by being one of the select few who not only practice freedom, but also defended it....AND when I put on that uniform (the uniform that you so transparantly say you hate), I was very aware that it was the uniform that was worn by Alvin York...Audi Murphy...and the 3,460 recipients of the Medal of Honor.
..and I have a flag on my car...a sign in my yard...I help with the organization of care packages to our local National Guard unit that is currently deployed...and I Will ALWAYS SHAKE THE HAND OF ANY SOLDIER I COME ACROSS AND GIVE THEM MY SINCERE THANKS...and HALF the time it is with tears in my eyes.
Again...please try and arque the point that the majority of the armed forces actually appreciate the kindness extended by the public. You know in your heart you cant, but you are very willing to dissuade people from doing what MOST armed forces personnel appreciate. But you keep telling yourself that your not wrong, maybe you will start believing it in time.

OK *******, number 1, just b/c I say "it's just a job" doesn't mean I slack on my job, or do it half assed. I take my job very seriously, and do it to the best of my ability everytime I go up to 30,000 feet and refuel whatever they put behind me, wanting gas. Your picking a fight with the wrong person, I have made and continue to make sacrafices, I am the one who has to listen to people in Spokane protest about how terrible people like I am, b/c I am helping "kill babies in Iraq". All I and most of my friends want, is a normal life, we don't want people telling us we suck , or people thanking us, none of us got into what we do for glory, we did it b/c we believe we needed to help defend the GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD. When we started this war, I believed in it, the WAR ON TERRORISM, I was 100% into it. But the longer we have been doing it, and me getting to see the intel, that people in the "private sector" don't get to see on Fox news, just makes me realize, we are ruining a nation, and "killing babies" to satisfy one man's ego. I dont want thanks for that. My work is very serious, I have flown over 140+ combat missions over Irag and Afghanistan, and everytime, there is that chance that some crazy ass allah worshipper is going to blow our jet out of the sky(and dont let the news fool you, we get shot at on a regualt basis, the terrortists just suck, eventually the will hit one). I have been directly involved with over 200+ insurgent deaths, and 30+ innocent civilian deaths. People want to say thank you for that? My job involves people dying, and while I am not the one putting the bombs on target, and pulling the trigger, without my crew and I none of those people are dead. So do I think when I come home I deserve to be left alone? Yes, I dont want thanks for helping killing people, 30+ of who don't deserve to be dead.

Like I said don't ever question my character, it's not in play. I don't care what branch of the service you were in, or what war you fought in, you are still entitled to your opinion. I don't like people coming up to me, public, and thanking me, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I guess I'm just too immature to understand where you are coming from.

herewegosteelers
10-28-2006, 12:29 PM
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02:

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 12:30 PM
STEELERS1- YOU SIR ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY- I am a police officer and I am proud to wear my uniform. There is one regret I have in my life and that sir is joining the military. I live with this everyday of my life. And to see people like you complain about someone complementing your military service makes me SICK. Are you a King or President of something we aren't aware of ????? Our great military do not deserve people like you serving. I DON'T THINK MY TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING SPENT WISELY BY HAVING YOU ON OUR GOVERNMENT PAYROLL. If it was up to me you'd be cleaning the head ( Toilets ) the rest of your military career. You must be a liberal democrat ..... If you don't like people thanking you for your service - DON'T WEAR YOUR UNIFORM IN PUBLIC- or maybe you like that attention because if you didn't sir you wouldn't be wearing it in public !!! Maybe you should look in the mirror when you complain .. maybe to someone who cares..... I am glad you are not serving as a police officer because I couldn't trust someone like you backing me up when my life depended on it. People like you don't deserve the right to wear a uniform and represent our great country. I have 2 step- sons serving our great country and YES one of them is in Iraq and your comments and complaints are a slap in the face of both of them. One of them is serving in the Airforce and the other is a Marine and both of them take pride in serving unlike yourself. I would like to say THANK YOU FOR SERVING AND FOR GIVING ME THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH YOU AND FOR PROTECTING MY RIGHT TO SAY - YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE SERVING IN THE WORLDS GREATEST MIILITARY FORCE. If you were a Vietnam veteran who was spit on when you came back from serving our country I could see why you were upset but, for you to complain about someone being PROUD OF YOU & YOUR SERVICE is unacceptable and OUR COUNTRY DESERVES BETTER....

Alright dude, I am going to make this simpe for you, read the above post by me, then if you still want to, call my character into question. You seem very misinformed. Make sur eyou go back and readd all the posts, before you make your first post on this board seem idiotic.

I am, in fact, a conservative republican, I typically vote R across the board. And like I said before, I used to believe in this war. I don't now, and yet I still fight it to the best of my ability, hmmmm I guess that answers your question about my character. Despite what I believe, I am still fighting, still training, and in no way EVER, do I let my personal beliefs get involved with my job. It's not my right to slack off on the job. It is however my right, to not want to be reminded, on my way home, when I stop to get a gallon of milk at the gorcery store, in my flight suit, that I am protecting peoples rights. I'm not. Those rights were ensured LONG before any of us put the uniform on. Everyone in this country is protecting their own rights. By voting, you are protecting your rights. By voicing your opinion on this board, you are protecting and exercising your rights.

Just stop for a minute, and think abotu what your saying, I know I did. I picked my words very carefully, after my first post in this thread. Me, your step-sons, everyone else in the Military, we knew what we were getting into when we signed up.

You want to thank real Hero's? Go to your local nursing home, or even a VFW, find a WW2 vet. Sit down with them, and listen to them talk. They are the real hero's, not us, we havent done anything "great" yet. I don't feel I deserve the thanks, and thats why I don't want it. Thank the real hero's

My Dad is a cop as well, in a small city outside of Pittsburgh, Beaver Falls. He will be retiring in 2 years. I have told him how I feel, and he supports me. When I stop in to see him while I'm home, his friends don't ask me about the war, or thank me, b/c everything they are doing at home, is jsut as important as what I am doing over-seas. I typically don't wer my uniform out and about, but sometimes, there is no avoiding it.

You, Sir, are very narrow minded, the job I do does not suffer b/c of my opinion, and it never will.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 01:56 PM
OK *******, number 1, just b/c I say "it's just a job" doesn't mean I slack on my job, or do it half assed. I take my job very seriously, and do it to the best of my ability everytime I go up to 30,000 feet and refuel whatever they put behind me, wanting gas. Your picking a fight with the wrong person, I have made and continue to make sacrafices, I am the one who has to listen to people in Spokane protest about how terrible people like I am, b/c I am helping "kill babies in Iraq". All I and most of my friends want, is a normal life, we don't want people telling us we suck , or people thanking us, none of us got into what we do for glory, we did it b/c we believe we needed to help defend the GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD. When we started this war, I believed in it, the WAR ON TERRORISM, I was 100% into it. But the longer we have been doing it, and me getting to see the intel, that people in the "private sector" don't get to see on Fox news, just makes me realize, we are ruining a nation, and "killing babies" to satisfy one man's ego. I dont want thanks for that. My work is very serious, I have flown over 140+ combat missions over Irag and Afghanistan, and everytime, there is that chance that some crazy ass allah worshipper is going to blow our jet out of the sky(and dont let the news fool you, we get shot at on a regualt basis, the terrortists just suck, eventually the will hit one). I have been directly involved with over 200+ insurgent deaths, and 30+ innocent civilian deaths. People want to say thank you for that? My job involves people dying, and while I am not the one putting the bombs on target, and pulling the trigger, without my crew and I none of those people are dead. So do I think when I come home I deserve to be left alone? Yes, I dont want thanks for helping killing people, 30+ of who don't deserve to be dead.

Like I said don't ever question my character, it's not in play. I don't care what branch of the service you were in, or what war you fought in, you are still entitled to your opinion. I don't like people coming up to me, public, and thanking me, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I guess I'm just too immature to understand where you are coming from.

You refuel...and have been directly involved in over 200 insurgent deaths...and 30 civilian deaths? You sir, are a liar.
You should have pressed your misinformation on someone who has no knowledge of the military. IF you are assigned to a a newer Boeing 767-200ER twin aisle jetliner (which the airforce calls the KC-767 Tanker Transport) which by the way is taking over for the older KC-135 Stratotanker...then your plane is equipped with military avionics, navigation and communications...an optional defensive aids suite with radar warning receivers...electronic and opto-electronic countermeasures...and no armament. If you are indeed on the older and much more used KC-135..they too have no armament...what civilians did you shoot with these imaginary weapons of yours at 30,000 ft?
Perhaps if you would have stated that you fueled planes that were directly involved in insurgent deaths ...or that you were a combat pilot...you would have some credibility. But in losing your weak argument you had to make assinine false comments.. and puts everything you said into question.
This makes me question everything you have said about "protesters calling you a baby-killer"...and being privy to "intel"....A very good friend of mine in the navy who flew "rio" told me that they were RARELY given exact intel on ground forces killed..they recieved a .."mission complete"...and specifically told me that it serves no purpose to give pilots information on what the military calls civilian collateral damage...in fact it would have a negative effect on the pilot...
..and you have now cleared up any remaining doubts I had about your character...I'm done with you....I had original just thought of you as young and rather rude...but I dont debate liars.

Jeremy
10-28-2006, 02:02 PM

You might be a cop, but you're reading comprehension skills suck. He was wearing his uniform because of a funeral.

You have no right to judge who's worthy and who's not worthy because you didn't wear the uniform. LLT has a right to criticize this guy because he's been through the fire, you haven't.

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 03:05 PM
You refuel...and have been directly involved in over 200 insurgent deaths...and 30 civilian deaths? You sir, are a liar.
You should have pressed your misinformation on someone who has no knowledge of the military. IF you are assigned to a a newer Boeing 767-200ER twin aisle jetliner (which the airforce calls the KC-767 Tanker Transport) which by the way is taking over for the older KC-135 Stratotanker...then your plane is equipped with military avionics, navigation and communications...an optional defensive aids suite with radar warning receivers...electronic and opto-electronic countermeasures...and no armament. If you are indeed on the older and much more used KC-135..they too have no armament...what civilians did you shoot with these imaginary weapons of yours at 30,000 ft?
Perhaps if you would have stated that you fueled planes that were directly involved in insurgent deaths ...or that you were a combat pilot...you would have some credibility. But in losing your weak argument you had to make assinine false comments.. and puts everything you said into question.
This makes me question everything you have said about "protesters calling you a baby-killer"...and being privy to "intel"....A very good friend of mine in the navy who flew "rio" told me that they were RARELY given exact intel on ground forces killed..they recieved a .."mission complete"...and specifically told me that it serves no purpose to give pilots information on what the military calls civilian collateral damage...in fact it would have a negative effect on the pilot...
..and you have now cleared up any remaining doubts I had about your character...I'm done with you....I had original just thought of you as young and rather rude...but I dont debate liars.

Wow, I didn't realize you were so up to date. The KC-767 hasn't even been finalized yet, and if things keep on going the way they have been, we won't even see it in Active duty until 2010 or later. So yes, I am on a KC-135R/T. And as much as I hate to tell you, refueling the jets that are dropping the bombs, I go up to 30,000 feet and refuel whatever they put behind me

I stated that I refueled in the air, w/o said gas, fighters don't get to their targets. Which DIRECTLY involves me. And what Goose told you doesn't apply to me, he is Navy, I am Air Force, and if we want to know, we get to know, as long as we have the appropriate clearence, or if (which most time this is the case) it becomes unclassified before you leave to go back to the US. I have no reason to make shit up and lie to you. And I have NEVER lied to anyone in here, period. You can go right to hell, as far as I'm concerned. Your nothing but a sad little man, who thinks his way is the only way.

Nothing is overtaking the KC-135 at the moment, just ask every pilot and boom operator at Fairchild, where I am based. It'seasy to call someoene a liar when you don't know them *******. I guess I could call your service into question also, but I won't stoop that low.

I cant care if this gets me banned, but seriously, **** off.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Wow, I didn't realize you were so up to date. The KC-767 hasn't even been finalized yet, and if things keep on going the way they have been, we won't even see it in Active duty until 2010 or later. So yes, I am on a KC-135R/T. And as much as I hate to tell you, refueling the jets that are dropping the bombs,

I stated that I refueled in the air, w/o said gas, fighters don't get to their targets. Which DIRECTLY involves me. And what Goose told you doesn't apply to me, he is Navy, I am Air Force, and if we want to know, we get to know, as long as we have the appropriate clearence, or if (which most time this is the case) it becomes unclassified before you leave to go back to the US. I have no reason to make shit up and lie to you. And I have NEVER lied to anyone in here, period. You can go right to hell, as far as I'm concerned. Your nothing but a sad little man, who thinks his way is the only way.

Nothing is overtaking the KC-135 at the moment, just ask every pilot and boom operator at Fairchild, where I am based. It'seasy to call someoene a liar when you don't know them *******. I guess I could call your service into question also, but I won't stoop that low.

I cant care if this gets me banned, but seriously, **** off.

I said IF you were assigned..your claims are so outrageous and obviously false that I covered all your wiggle room....NONE of the tankers have armament....
...NOW your definition of "directly involved" means to give gas to fighters who fly off somehere else and drop payloads....you are no more directly involved then a gas attendant who fills up the cops car before he shoots the bad guy...You tried in vain to make yourself a sympathetic figure and it backfired on you....
Again...I dont know why I bother to even give you the opportunity to lie again...I would bet my paycheck that your whole grieving dinner story is as false as your imagined "direct involvment in killing insurgents....remind me to tell those oilmen in Texas how ashamed they should be for their direct involvment in killing babies...you are so sad.
Also for the record...Liars always resort to yelling and cursing ...truth is strong enough in its presentation to not need it. Youre dismissed liar.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I said IF you were assigned..your claims are so outrageous and obviously false that I covered all your wiggle room....NONE of the tankers have armament....
...now your definition of "directly involved" means to give gas to fighters who fly off and drop payloads....you are no more directly involved then a gas attendant who fills up the cops car before he shoots the bad guy...You tried in vain to make yourself a sympathetic figure and it backfired on you....
Again...I dont know why I bother to even give you the opportunity to lie again...I would bet my paycheck that your whole grieving dinner story is as false as your imagined "direct involvment in killing insurgents....remind me to tell those oilmen in Texas how ashamed they should be for their direct involvment in killing babies...you are so sad.
LITP is anti-war, but I have some respect for him and his opinion,,,I have no respect for liars.

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 03:51 PM
...NOW your definition of "directly involved" means to give gas to fighters who fly off somehere else and drop payloads....you are no more directly involved then a gas attendant who fills up the cops car before he shoots the bad guy...You tried in vain to make yourself a sympathetic figure and it backfired on you....

My "grieving dinner" is being called into question now? You are the one who is taking everything I say out of context. I never once said I dropepd the bombs, did I? Nope. Read before you respond idiot. I used to think you were just an *******, but now I know you really are just an idiot. This post has nothing to do with my anit-war "political agenda". I am not completley anti-war, just against this war at the moment.

I digress though. You keep taking everything I say and then putting your own little "spin" on it, which in turn makes me straighten everything out with you. I am not a liar, so hide behind your computer, and keep calling me one, it makes you a big man.

For someone who is done with me, you sure do seem to keep coming back.

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Anyways, you are on ignore now, I don't need to deal with someone who doens't know me calling me a liar.

Lyn
10-28-2006, 05:23 PM
LITP is anti-war, but I have some respect for him and his opinion,,,I have no respect for liars.

Nor does LITP believe in God.

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Nor does LITP believe in God.

Scandalous isn't it?

Anyway, im not actually anti-war per se - but I strongly disagree with the tactics used for the both the invasion and the re-democratiastion of Iraq afterward.

NM

Lyn
10-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Scandalous isn't it?

Anyway, im not actually anti-war per se - but I strongly disagree with the tactics used for the both the invasion and the re-democratiastion of Iraq afterward.

NM

My word would be Sad as opposed to your word Scandalous

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 06:39 PM
My word would be Sad as opposed to your word Scandalous

Well thats fine, I guess.

Religion is obviously important to you, which is obviously why you think im missing out.

NM

Lyn
10-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Well thats fine, I guess.

Religion is obviously important to you, which is obviously why you think im missing out.

NM

I think all free thinking adults should do as they wish. I just do NOT think anyone should push their views off on anyone or for that matter even discuss the topic as there are many fans under the age of 18 on this forum. Religion is a very touchy, individual, private subject and should be handled by the parents of people under the age of 18. There are enough weirdos out there to screw with kid's heads.

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I think all free thinking adults should do as they wish. I just do NOT think anyone should push their views off on anyone or for that matter even discuss the topic as there are many fans under the age of 18 on this forum. Religion is a very touchy, individual, private subject and should be handled by the parents of people under the age of 18. There are enough weirdos out there to screw with kid's heads.

I would respectfully disagree with the majority of that post.

Why should religion be so very private?

I agree with not 'forcing' your opinions on anyone, but thats exteremely difficult to do through the medium of the internet.

Informed, rational discussion is the antidote to ignorance.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Anyways, you are on ignore now, I don't need to deal with someone who doens't know me calling me a liar.

The jist of Everything you have posted is that you cannot differentiate between those who support our military and those who support the war!!!

All anyone has to do is look back on how you demeaned the original poster for giving soldiers a tribute...then made the comment on how you hate people thanking your for your service...(Something that two of my Uncles would have given anything for when they returned from Vietnam)

When confronted with your rudeness on both accounts you started the sympathetic soldier routine with the A) "grieving dinner" story...when that didnt excuse your behavior you evolved into B) having ran into a protest where you were called "baby killer"...when still called out for your behavior...you went so far as to make assinine proclamations as to having being C) directly involved in the deaths of 200 insurgents and 30 civilians...which is an obvious lie and BOAST to try and excuse your attitude towards people who support soldiers. In the midst of all this you proclaim yourself a conservative republican. (I could care less...but it is an obvious lie to make your statements seem palpable)

Most people on this board can see the transparant backpeddling and "sympathetic soldier" BULL that you are using to justify your treatment of the original poster and your NON_MILITARY behavior towards people "rude" enough to tell you thank you for your service. The people on this forum are not stupid.

Most will remain silent because you are in the service and they are not...but I have been blessed enough to have served...and to respect the military beyond what you seem able to. I WILL call you out on your statements and obvious fabrications. I just wish your ignore button could wipe out all the idiosy that you have posted on this thread.

hardwork
10-29-2006, 12:16 PM
I think all free thinking adults should do as they wish. I just do NOT think anyone should push their views off on anyone or [B][U]for that matter even discuss the topic as there are many fans under the age of 18 on this forum.

Can we talk about Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Can we talk about Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

You believed in Santa and the Tooth fairy until you were 18??!!...why am I not surprised....LOL

floodcitygirl
10-29-2006, 12:19 PM
You believed in Santa and the Tooth fairy until you were 18??!!...why am I not surprised....LOLShhhh, LLT....(whispering)...I think he still does! :sofunny:

hardwork
10-29-2006, 12:25 PM
If anyone has seen the Tooth Fairy lately, tell her to drop by, she owes me.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
If anyone has seen the Tooth Fairy lately, tell her to drop by, she owes me.

If you think she owes YOU...how about all those bengal fans who have now lost TWO sets of teeth!!!???

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
If you think she owes YOU...how about all those bengal fans who have now lost TWO sets of teeth!!!???

Yep, they lost so much teeth.