PDA

View Full Version : my late thoughts on the game

HEREWEGO
10-26-2006, 02:01 AM
i just wanted to say what i thought of the falcons game. Idk what was up with Troy not being able to catch up with Vick. I mean on several occasions Vicky juked him out and made it look easy. Has Troy lost his edge? he doesnt seem as peppy on the field as he did last year. I have seen replays where he looks slow off the line sometimes....idk maybe he was just tired.

GO BATCH...i have been contemplating on what jersey to get for my birthday....it was going to be a Miller jersey but now I want a Batch one because he is the best mother effing backup QB in the NFL. I mean look at what he did. Came out of nowhere in the game and threw big passes to ward and SCORED A TD...i cant think of anybody else I would trust more with the ball than him as far as backups go

as far as Ben goes....keep our fingers crossed and hope his accident-prone period is done for.

Steelersfan4life0655
10-26-2006, 02:07 AM
well for ben, stuff happens in 3's, so i believe he's done getting hurt or cut open.:thumbsup:

Elvis
10-26-2006, 07:18 AM
:coffee: First of all I love Charlie Batch and he deserves your praise.... I just keep thinking that maybe Ben should atleast sit this week out against Oakland and make sure that all wires are still connected... it is not worth going out and gettin' another concussion and maybe ending his career, that would be a bad bad thing...:helmet:

HometownGal
10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I totally agree with your comments on Charlie. He definitely proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier about that. :tt02:

We need to put the Atlanta game behind us - we've got some Raider ass to kick this Sunday! :banana:

Atlanta Dan
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Need to get the D off the field on 3rd down.

After watching the replay on NFL Network, the 3rd down conversions by Atlanta were intolerable, with one particular killer play being the conversion on 3rd and 12 from inside the Falcons 20 with less than 3 minutes to go (Vick flip pass as he is about to get wrapped up). Hold them there and I think the Steelers hold the ball and win at the end of regulation.

Porter is practicing but now Haggans is down. I know they had to stay in their lanes to contain Vick (something Harrison forgot from time to time) but they need to pressure whomever Oakland has at QB.

There is no margin for error left and it is not yet November - yikes!

bradness113
10-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Ur Troy comments are absurd. He has not lost his edge. Are u kidding me? He is an amazing athlete and the best player in the league. I was at the game and troy looked great. He had a INT and made a great tackle on vick that saved a TD along the sidelines.

Make sure when u post you know what ur talking about.:thmbdown:

Mosca
10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Hey, Vick is really good. He's going to be able to out-juke the best sometimes, and sometimes the best will get him. But he's every bit the equal of Polamalu as an athlete.

Tom

hellbread
10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
charlie = a starter anywhere else. he is a bad ass but keeps a low profile. kinda like u underestimate his sneakyness. :) as for troy losing his edge... i suppose u missed the interception he made when he had to go from mid field to the flats because a corner missed his assignment? thats troy in a nutshell...when he is on the field no where is safe...vick just got the better angle on him on that play lucky play if u ask me. :banging:

lotas
10-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Ya, Troy has lost nothing. The other week when he broke through the line and caught Larry Johnson from behind, that was ridiculous, that's one of the most athletic moves I've seen. And did you hear how the announcers talked about the interception?

FleshBomb
10-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Ya, Troy has lost nothing. The other week when he broke through the line and caught Larry Johnson from behind, that was ridiculous, that's one of the most athletic moves I've seen. And did you hear how the announcers talked about the interception?

I've got to agree. Troy is a bad ass. I'm a Falcon fan and have no problem admitting that. He was the best defensive player in that game. Vick juking him and breaking containment does not mean Troy has lost anything. Vick is one of the fastest players in the league. He does what no one else at that position (or any other position) can do. He is Barry Sanders under center.

People can hate on Vick all they want. He just wins baby.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 12:02 AM
troy is faster than vick. as we all saw by troy running vick down preventing him to cut the corner...like i said before troy took a bad angle on vick in other words ya he got juked. but to say its vicks speed naw. troy is faster.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 12:24 AM
troy is faster than vick. as we all saw by troy running vick down preventing him to cut the corner...like i said before troy took a bad angle on vick in other words ya he got juked. but to say its vicks speed naw. troy is faster.

There has never been a more ignorant post on any message board ever. Troy is fast. He's not Vick fast. And it wasn't a bad angle. It was a Vick stiff arm followed by a nice touch pass to Alge. Game over.
:cheers:

hellbread
10-27-2006, 12:32 AM
There has never been a more ignorant post on any message board ever. Troy is fast. He's not Vick fast. And it wasn't a bad angle. It was a Vick stiff arm followed by a nice touch pass to Alge. Game over.
:cheers:

watch the game. vick ran...troy more than caught up to him. ignorant post indeed. as for a stiff arm? troy dove for him and missed. stiff arm my ass... vick does not have the strength to stiff arm troy...hell it took a lot for larry johnson to take him down and ur saying vick....michael vick can take troy polumalu? please pass w/e ur smokin.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 12:36 AM
watch the game. vick ran...troy more than caught up to him. ignorant post indeed.

What are you talking about? Does Vick ever get caught? Sure, if a defender takes a good angle. Hell, in the Giants game Pierce hit Vick late out of bounds. Is Pierce faster than Vick, ummm no.

Hate on Vick all you want. He put the Falcons on his back and beat your team. Period. Troy is a hell of a player. So is Vick. Quit hating.

And Vick is faster than Troy. Thats a fact.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 12:44 AM
What are you talking about? Does Vick ever get caught? Sure, if a defender takes a good angle. Hell, in the Giants game Pierce hit Vick late out of bounds. Is Pierce faster than Vick, ummm no.

Hate on Vick all you want. He put the Falcons on his back and beat your team. Period. Troy is a hell of a player. So is Vick. Quit hating.

And Vick is faster than Troy. Thats a fact.

i never said i hated vick... or was hateing on vick for that matter. what i was doing is stateing the obvious...if a player catches another player RUNNING then that player is faster. i meen maybe the laws of physics does not apply to you. yes vick is a hell of a player. but it wasnt vick that won that game it is a team game. much good vick would be without a team to block/throw to. no that isnt a diss that is for any team. steelers included. the announcers even said 'we were looking to see if troy could catch him...and he did it with surprising ease' so say it all u want. im just stateing wat not only i saw but about all of america..well except u saw. thats a fact.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 12:55 AM
i never said i hated vick... or was hateing on vick for that matter. what i was doing is stateing the obvious...if a player catches another player RUNNING then that player is faster. i meen maybe the laws of physics does not apply to you. yes vick is a hell of a player. but it wasnt vick that won that game it is a team game. much good vick would be without a team to block/throw to. no that isnt a diss that is for any team. steelers included. the announcers even said 'we were looking to see if troy could catch him...and he did it with surprising ease' so say it all u want. im just stateing wat not only i saw but about all of america..well except u saw. thats a fact.

Dude get real. Vick runs a 4.2 40. If you think Troy runs faster than that then you are the one smoking something. 4.2 - you can't run a faster 40 than that and be human. You really are an idiot.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Troy ran a 4.35 40 time. Vick ran a 4.2 and a 4.25. Google it idiot.

4.25 is faster than 4.35. That means Vick is faster. No big deal. Troy is a hell of a player. He's just not Vick fast.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Troy ran a 4.35 40 time. Vick ran a 4.2 and a 4.25. Google it idiot.

4.25 is faster than 4.35. That means Vick is faster. No big deal. Troy is a hell of a player. He's just not Vick fast.

was that combine time? im thinking it was...so u think vick cant get old? that he is god? is that wat ur telling me? oh btw with a 4.25 i can list a few people in the league now straight out of college that is faster than that. heh. so please. tell me combine time or 2006-2007 time? ill just take for granted its combine time since they dont time you much once u are established.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 01:12 AM
was that combine time? im thinking it was...so u think vick cant get old? that he is god? is that wat ur telling me? oh btw with a 4.25 i can list a few people in the league now straight out of college that is faster than that. heh. so please. tell me combine time or 2006-2007 time? ill just take for granted its combine time since they dont time you much once u are established.

Did I say Vick was the fastest in the league? No, hell he isn't even the fastest on our team. That would be D Hall or Jerious Norwood. I just said he was faster than Troy. Which I proved.

And I guess Troy has only gotten faster while Vick has gotten slower. Hahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hellbread
10-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Did I say Vick was the fastest in the league? No, hell he isn't even the fastest on our team. That would be D Hall or Jerious Norwood. I just said he was faster than Troy. Which I proved.

And I guess Troy has only gotten faster while Vick has gotten slower. Hahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

u prove bout two things kid. jack and shit. i asked u was it combine time. since vick has been in the league for a few more years than troy. vick is older than troy and is prolly slower than he was when he first got into the league so again u proved nothing...just that ur a moron. :sofunny:

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 01:28 AM
u prove bout two things kid. jack and shit. i asked u was it combine time. since vick has been in the league for a few more years than troy. vick is older than troy and is prolly slower than he was when he first got into the league so again u proved nothing...just that ur a moron. :sofunny:

Actually, The only facts we have are that Vick has been clocked faster than Troy in the 40. That means he is faster. If you have some proof that Vick is slower now then let me in on that.

The other fact we know is that you can't spell for shit. Must be those Steel Mill schools you went to.

Just admit you're wrong. By the way, Vick came out when he was a sophmore. He is only 26 years old you idiot. He is in his prime and as fast as he ever was. Which is faster than Troy.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Actually, The only facts we have are that Vick has been clocked faster than Troy in the 40. That means he is faster. If you have some proof that Vick is slower now then let me in on that.

The other fact we know is that you can't spell for shit. Must be those Steel Mill schools you went to.

Just admit you're wrong. By the way, Vick came out when he was a sophmore. He is only 26 years old you idiot. He is in his prime and as fast as he ever was. Which is faster than Troy.

because i use the words "u" is that wat U are getting at? or maybe its that 'wat' lmao yes i dont know how to spell apparently oh wow a big word for me. geeze. ok he came out as a sophmore with a FASTER COMBINE TIME then troy. i meen do you need smoke signals or something WHAT IS VICKS CURRENT TIME? and no... vick is not in his prime and to say that is insulting not only to your intelligence but to your team. i have watched my share of falcon games and vick was a hell of a lot faster in his first few years. even today i watch a lot of falcon games and i can compare the two being a football enthusiast. gg sunday ticket. guess wat vick is not the ageless wonder i believe that title is taken already. by a ex dallas cowboy if im not mistaken...maybe u heard of him...smith? #22? leading all time rusher? hrm maybe u never heard of him.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 01:38 AM
oh btw i just watch the replay for the 100th time and i still say as the announcer said ' well that answered one of my questions if vick tries to cut the corner can troy catch him and he did it with surprising ease' heh and guess wat man? VICK WAS PUMPING. not jogging not one handing the ball like he was gonna pass he was pumping he was running hard and troy got him for no gain so talk more. :)

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 01:38 AM
because i use the words "u" is that wat U are getting at? or maybe its that 'wat' lmao yes i dont know how to spell apparently oh wow a big word for me. geeze. ok he came out as a sophmore with a FASTER COMBINE TIME then troy. i meen do you need smoke signals or something WHAT IS VICKS CURRENT TIME? and no... vick is not in his prime and to say that is insulting not only to your intelligence but to your team. i have watched my share of falcon games and vick was a hell of a lot faster in his first few years. even today i watch a lot of falcon games and i can compare the two being a football enthusiast. gg sunday ticket. guess wat vick is not the ageless wonder i believe that title is taken already. by a ex dallas cowboy if im not mistaken...maybe u heard of him...smith? #22? leading all time rusher? hrm maybe u never heard of him.

Again moron. Vick has been clocked faster than Troy. Period. Just because a lame ass Steelers fan (you) doesn't want to believe it doesn't mean shit. YOU talked out of your ass and were proven wrong.

Vick is faster than Troy. It's not the end of the world loser.

MACH1
10-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Just admit it, that ATL will never win the big one with Vick as the QB.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Again moron. Vick has been clocked faster than Troy. Period. Just because a lame ass Steelers fan (you) doesn't want to believe it doesn't mean shit. YOU talked out of your ass and were proven wrong.

Vick is faster than Troy. It's not the end of the world loser.

looks like someone is getting mad that the lowly steeler fan has a point. ok vick is 26 which in his sophmore year he shouldve been 21? so he has been in 5 years...oh ya didnt vick break his leg? hrm but no that wouldnt affect anything would it? troy has been in 4... so i meen the abuse vick takes at a qb with the sacks and the injuries has nothing to do from his college combine time to now...and u wonder why 30+ is old for a nfl player? trust in the fact that his time is no longer 4.25. he is fast. but troy caught him when he ran point proven...accept it. or do u want to continue to think vick is almight god of running qbs? because the same things u are saying about vick... is wat the steeler nation was sayin about kordell stewart years prior and we all know how that ended up.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Just admit it, that ATL will never win the big one with Vick as the QB.

We are going to win it all this year. Bank on it. Hell, we just beat the defending chumps didn't we?

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 01:53 AM
looks like someone is getting mad that the lowly steeler fan has a point. ok vick is 26 which in his sophmore year he shouldve been 21? so he has been in 5 years...oh ya didnt vick break his leg? hrm but no that wouldnt affect anything would it? troy has been in 4... so i meen the abuse vick takes at a qb with the sacks and the injuries has nothing to do from his college combine time to now...and u wonder why 30+ is old for a nfl player? trust in the fact that his time is no longer 4.25. he is fast. but troy caught him when he ran point proven...accept it. or do u want to continue to think vick is almight god of running qbs? because the same things u are saying about vick... is wat the steeler nation was sayin about kordell stewart years prior and we all know how that ended up.

Our QB is faster than your SS. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :point: :rofl: :rofl: :yep: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :getdown: :getdown: :rofl: :point: :peace: :mallet: :wave: :banana: :cheers: :cheers:

MACH1
10-27-2006, 01:59 AM
The only way the falcons are going to the superbowl is if they buy their own tickets and watch from the seats.
:tt02: :tt02:

hellbread
10-27-2006, 02:02 AM
Our QB is faster than your SS. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :point: :rofl: :rofl: :yep: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :getdown: :getdown: :rofl: :point: :peace: :mallet: :wave: :banana: :cheers: :cheers:

and since u have nothing to prove ur claim except the college combine times. COLLEGE. you do know what that is? like after high school but before the nfl? how bout this watch the game with about 8 minutes left in the 4th when vicks pass is deflected to himself and he runs...the camera is on vick pumping and u dont see troy ALL OF A SUDDEN u see troy catch up to vick... *still running btw* and come back and back up ur claims with something more than college combine times in which they didnt even come into the league the same year. heh. im stateing facts NOW. and ur stateing facts from years ago. keep up to date if u want to argue with me kid. because u are honestly starting to bore me.

FleshBomb
10-27-2006, 02:04 AM
and since u have nothing to prove ur claim except the college combine times. COLLEGE. you do know what that is? like after high school but before the nfl? how bout this watch the game with about 8 minutes left in the 4th when vicks pass is deflected to himself and he runs...the camera is on vick pumping and u dont see troy ALL OF A SUDDEN u see troy catch up to vick... *still running btw* and come back and back up ur claims with something more than college combine times in which they didnt even come into the league the same year. heh. im stateing facts NOW. and ur stateing facts from years ago. keep up to date if u want to argue with me kid. because u are honestly starting to bore me.

4.25. Scoreboard!

MACH1
10-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Is it Halloween? Cause the trolls sure are thick tonight.
:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

hellbread
10-27-2006, 02:18 AM
4.25. Scoreboard!

u just got school in the nfl kid. come back when your worthy of my time :) age = a nfl players plague. now since u said im not good at math ill do a lil problem for ya. vick + age = slower.

stlrtruck
10-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Let me see if I can help put this troll in his place. There have been many players who are fast in the combine when the only thing they are wearing are pair of shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers (whatever type they prefer to wear on that day).

But in the NFL, there's this little weight that get's added - it's called the equipment. All players slow down when they are in uniform. However, some players don't lose as much speed. So you get what you had in Atlanta last week - Troy catching up to vick!

So although his combine speed may be faster, it's obvious that he's not faster when it counts. On the field of play!