PDA

View Full Version : Marino Picks Steelers again

Infamix
10-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes, Marino said on Inside the NFL, that at 2-4, the Pittsburgh Steelers will win the AFC North and make it to the playoffs. Why is this? Is it because he picked us at the beginning of the year to win the superbowl again, or does he really think this? Either way, I really do think the Steelers will win the AFC North. The Ravens and Bengals have peaked and now theyre going downhill.

Cry Me a River
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
The Steelers have traditionaly played in the weakest division in football. If they don't at least make the playoffs they should be ashamed.

Need4spd
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
The Steelers have traditionaly played in the weakest division in football. If they don't at least make the playoffs they should be ashamed.

I would say that right now you could make a pretty strong argument for the AFC North being the most difficult division, certainly not the weakest.

memphissteelergirl
10-26-2006, 09:05 AM

This is too laughable to even argue...

:sign07:

Buzz05
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM

Its not often that the 'weakest' division in the NFL has 3 teams in it that people have predicted to go to the Super Bowl...Get your facts strait

MACH1
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
The weakest division would be in the NFC where the suckhawks live.
:yep:

stlrtruck
10-26-2006, 11:21 AM
cmar = bbbh?
Time for troll hunting!!

Stillers#1
10-26-2006, 11:23 AM

Ya, nowhere near as strong as the NFC West, or AFC East, thanks for setting us straight. :dang:

floodcitygirl
10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
cmar = bbbh?
Time for troll hunting!!(lol) Hadn't thought of that Stlrtruck! You could be right....same intelligence level. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-26-2006, 11:35 AM

LOL....and this is why there should be an age limit for the forum....somebody is off school today and bored with their Cheetah Girl cd's

wiqidjuggalo
10-26-2006, 11:40 AM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/meldrum/yousuck.gifhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/BoltIcons/Animated/v3/YouSuckFortune.gif

Stillers43
10-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Our division is not the toughest! I realize people have picked three of the teams to go to the SuperBowl but please. The Browns just suck! The Ravens are overrated. The Bengals have no defense and struggling a little with the running game. And, we can't finish a damn team off because of fumbles and interceptions. Right now, we are one of the weakest divisions in football. We should be ashamed if we don't win at least our division games. We MUST split with Cincy now and sweep both games against the Brownies and Ravens! GO STEELERS! We can still do it again!

lotas
10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Our division is not the toughest! I realize people have picked three of the teams to go to the SuperBowl but please. The Browns just suck! The Ravens are overrated. The Bengals have no defense and struggling a little with the running game. And, we can't finish a damn team off because of fumbles and interceptions. Right now, we are one of the weakest divisions in football. We should be ashamed if we don't win at least our division games. We MUST split with Cincy now and sweep both games against the Brownies and Ravens! GO STEELERS! We can still do it again!

I see where you're coming from but I disagree. I've only been watching Pittsburgh since 1996 (but I was 8 or 9 then) but I have ALWAYS hated playing the Bengals. Back when they had Carl Pickens and we had like Carnell Lake (awesome player IMO) I'd dread every game, even though the Bengals were one of the "worst teams in football". I used to tell my friends Pit was playing Cinci and they'd say "Oh...please" and I'd always say "No...everytime we play them they put up a fight".

And now in the past couple years Cinci has finally grown passed their rivalries, but IMO they have always been able to put up a damn good fight, and they've never got the credit they deserve. That coming from a man who despises Cincinatti.

I say the same for Baltimore. Our damn Baltimore games always seem to come out to like 16-13 (OT) or 21-20 etc.

But yes, the Browns I never worry about to be honest:tt02:

Steelersfan4life0655
10-27-2006, 01:07 AM

I will have to agree with this one. I believe we are playing a schedule of opponets that are hot right now. I wouldn't go as far as a perenial threats year in and year out, but just hot at the monent. Just remember, we are still KINGS of the AFC North. every great has their moments of defeat. but losing the north last year wasnt all that bad, cuz we got what everybody was chasing. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

hellbread
10-27-2006, 01:37 AM
to say the north is the toughest division is not far from the truth...the north has the most bad blood out of ANY division you have the bengals sayin 'if palmer didnt get hurt by the steelers they would be on the throne' and baltimore wants to prove they arent as bad as the browns and they can take the division from both the steelers and the bengals and well the browns are just kinda there...every division has that team that is just there right? so in shorter words i think because we are the most competitive division that makes us the most difficult. whens the last time u heard a rivalry like the one the bengals and steelers have in any other division? just my opinion of course.

Steel Pit
10-27-2006, 02:01 AM
I see where you're coming from but I disagree. I've only been watching Pittsburgh since 1996 (but I was 8 or 9 then) but I have ALWAYS hated playing the Bengals. Back when they had Carl Pickens and we had like Carnell Lake (awesome player IMO) I'd dread every game, even though the Bengals were one of the "worst teams in football". I used to tell my friends Pit was playing Cinci and they'd say "Oh...please" and I'd always say "No...everytime we play them they put up a fight".

And now in the past couple years Cinci has finally grown passed their rivalries, but IMO they have always been able to put up a damn good fight, and they've never got the credit they deserve. That coming from a man who despises Cincinatti.

I say the same for Baltimore. Our damn Baltimore games always seem to come out to like 16-13 (OT) or 21-20 etc.

But yes, the Browns I never worry about to be honest:tt02:

And since I'm just a tad bit older than you I can say that Cincinnati has always given us hell, even in the 1970's. We were by far the dominent team of the 1970's but the lowly young Bengals often times gave us a hard fought game and even beat the World Champion Steelers a few times.

During the 1980's when the Steelers were, for the most part. a .500 team, the Bengals, with QB Boomer Esiason and Head coach Sam Wyche, used to stomp our a$$es.

In the 90's we were by far the better team but the Bengals with QB Jeff Blake often times beat us. It used to make me sick. I drove to Pittsburgh for a Thursday night game between the Bengals and the Steelers in the mid 90's. Jeff Blake torched our secondary and the Bengals blew us out at home. It was long ride home that night. Hell Neil O'Donnell beat us one game when he played QB for the Bengals.

The Bengals are simply an inferior team that consistently gives the Steelers all that they can handle. They treat a game against the Steelers as their Super Bowl.

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 02:28 AM

What's with the Falcons trolls on here? I remember that when I was in junior high the Falcons were the team that the stoners and junkies rooted for because they were brothers is scum, but I thought that would have worn off by now.

hellbread
10-27-2006, 02:46 AM
i meen as much as i dispise trolls most recently the falcon's trolls. the south is a pretty tough division with the falcons the saints and the panthers. do i think the falcons will win it? HELLLLLLL NO. but thats another thread. i still stand by the north being the toughest. bad blood is the reason.

Buzz05
10-27-2006, 06:39 AM
When ever 3 of the 4 teams in the division are play off caliber teams and they all have a genuine dislike for eachother...makes for some great football. The rest of the year should be fun to watch atleast

Stillers43
10-27-2006, 07:05 AM
My comments for this year, as of right now. I would agree that we have a very tough division over time. We also play each other very tough each year even if a team is down. We definately have the best rivalries in the NFL!

Infamix
10-27-2006, 08:57 AM
I get worried when we play the Bengals, but more when we play the Ravens.

SteelCityMan786
10-28-2006, 08:25 AM

TIMEOUT HERE! How many teams in the AFC North have been picked to go to the super bowl. That's right 3. Who actually is the sucky division. THAT'S THE NFC WEST. The Steelers are clearly playing in the TOUGHEST division.