PDA

View Full Version : Going to Oakland

beer72
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Can anyone tell me which hotel the steelers will be staying at this weeknd for the oakland game. Also this is my first time in the oakland area so any tips suggestion or adivice would be greatly appreicated. Traveling from Tucson AZ but originally born and raised in Greensburg PA... GO BURGH :cheers:

klick81
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.vansonleathers.com/images/1new%20-catalog_pics/NOBL.jpg

Good luck :thumbsup: But seriously, surround yourself with Steeler fans at all times. Be safe!

MACH1
10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
:iagree:
:rocket:

memphissteelergirl
10-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I was gonna suggest mace and a billy club, but I think klick's idea is better! LOL :sofunny:

wadester47
10-26-2006, 11:38 AM
well,
i agree stay with as much black n gold as possible. I am never to tell anyone what or what not to do - but just be careful!:tt02:
and remember they still suck!

herewegosteelers
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
:tt: Be safe my friend!! From a fellow Zonie!!! :thumbsup:

beer72
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanx for all of the advice i'll make sure to carry my steel..:m16:

VolatileMan
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Well I live in No. California (the Napa Valley!!) and you couldnt pay me to go to a football game in Oakland. Most of the fans really are a&&holes.

Stay in SanFran and take BART to the game! Much better night life in SanFran!!

Tell me what food your into (and a basic price range) and Ill give you some great reasturant advice!

If you love wine, definately visit Napa!

Good luck in Oakland

VolatileMan

MJ5150
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm driving down for the game. I'll also be wearing my Steelers shirt and beanie to the game. I'm not scared.

I'll keep my eyes open for other Steeler fans. Perhaps some of us can meet up for a post game meal?

-Mike

MACH1
10-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm driving down for the game. I'll also be wearing my Steelers shirt and beanie to the game. I'm not scared.

I'll keep my eyes open for other Steeler fans. Perhaps some of us can meet up for a post game meal?

-Mike

Make that a victory celebration.

lotas
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
I've been to a game in Oakland (wasn't Pit unfortunately) but it is crazy, and alcohol doesn't help the Raiders fans chill out lol...just stick with other Steelers. Don't get isolated when you're walking into the stadium because you'll be a needle in a haystack, and thats when people are excited to get in, talking shit before the game, you're shoulder to shoulder in a line etc

Go Steelers

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Well I live in No. California (the Napa Valley!!) and you couldnt pay me to go to a football game in Oakland. Most of the fans really are a&&holes.

Stay in SanFran and take BART to the game! Much better night life in SanFran!!

Tell me what food your into (and a basic price range) and Ill give you some great reasturant advice!

If you love wine, definately visit Napa!

Good luck in Oakland

VolatileManI agree San Fran is a blast! And BART is a great mass transit system. Be careful!:cheers:

MJ5150
10-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Make that a victory celebration.

But of course. :banana:

If no one from this board wants to meet up, I'll catch up with some fans at the game.

-Mike

beer72
10-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks for all of the advice and also VolatileMan. but we don't have time to stick around and enjoy the area. GO BURGH!!

83-Steelers-43
10-27-2006, 11:05 AM
adivice would be greatly appreicated.

Yeah.

Wear a bulletproof vest and move swiftly from destination to destination. :wink02: