PDA

View Full Version : D. Townsend covering R. Moss???

tony hipchest
10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
lets hope not. this will look like luke skywalker carrying yoda on his back, around the swamps of dagoba, in the empire strikes back.

its no coincidence the raiders have reduced jerry porters suspension and he will be available to play this weekend.

the steelers cant play prevent in the second half like they did against m. vick and p. rivers. they must attack and bring the heat on a. walter.

shut down the pass 1st and the run will follow.

Big D
10-27-2006, 09:30 AM
lets hope not. this will look like luke skywalker carrying yoda on his back, around the swamps of dagoba, in the empire strikes back.

its no coincidence the raiders have reduced jerry porters suspension and he will be available to play this weekend.

the steelers cant play prevent in the second half like they did against m. vick and p. rivers. they must attack and bring the heat on a. walter.

shut down the pass 1st and the run will follow.

I dont think porter will play this year. And randy has only been putting fourth about 20% effort. And barbara walter makes tommy maddox look like joe montana

Tankus_Maximus
10-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Again..I agree with Tony....nice ESB reference (the best of all 6 of the movies).

I say....BRING IN THA BLITZ!!!!!

BLITZ! BLITZ! BLITZ AGAIN!! AND WHEN IN DOUBT....BLITZ!!!!

Tankus_Maximus
10-27-2006, 09:33 AM
"Do....or do not......there is no try"

tony hipchest
10-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I dont think porter will play this year. And randy has only been putting fourth about 20% effort. And barbara walter makes tommy maddox look like joe montana

...and p. rivers was in a sense a rookie just asked to manage the game. and vick sucks as a passer.

if the steelers are taking this approach and just hoping/expecting walter to suck and moss not to try, then they will lose. and they will deserve to lose.

if porter will not play this year why even reduce the suspension?

Big D
10-27-2006, 09:42 AM
...and p. rivers was in a sense a rookie just asked to manage the game. and vick sucks as a passer.

if the steelers are taking this approach and just hoping/expecting walter to suck and moss not to try, then they will lose. and they will deserve to lose.

if porter will not play this year why even reduce the suspension?
the raiders had to reduce his suspension because of the nflpa. It wasnt going to fly like T.O.'s suspension. I agree with you 100% tony that we cant under estimate anybody. Darren perry needs to get this secondary together and he needs to do it fast

Tankus_Maximus
10-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Bring the corner-blitz!!!!

stlrtruck
10-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Darren Perry needs to replay the 1994 NFL Steelers video. The game against Buffalo there's a vicious hit as the WR (I don't remember exactly who it was) reaches out for a pass and I'm pretty certain it was Perry himself that laid the lumber to him. He caught the ball but he paid the price for it.

Those are the types of hits Perry needs to train his DBs to make. If they are going to catch the ball, make them pay for it, dearly! (but legally)

MACH1
10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Live by the Blitz, die by the Blitz

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Live by the Blitz, die by the Blitz

Good point...the offenses only respect Ike and Troy...there is a direct correlation between Troy's blitzing and passes to to the TE

paw-n-maul-u
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
why would townsend cover moss??? ... and since when do offenses respect Ike??? ... he was the most thrown at corner in the NFL last year ... Ike has been covering every teams #1 all year ... why would this be any different. oh and I'm sure oakland activated porter/reduced suspension JUST for the steelers game ... unbelieve how ridiculous some of you sound. Porter was able to play the first three or four games of the season. but I'm sure hes just their "ace in the hole" to use against the steelers ...

tony hipchest
10-27-2006, 09:36 PM
why would townsend cover moss??? ...

well, if moss is lined up on townsends side of the field i guess it will be townsend covering him. since when did the steelers start playing man to man and having a certain cb trail a wr?

it is lebeau who dictates what defenses the steelers play, not the opposing teams offensive coordinators.

HometownGal
10-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Though I should know better than to take any QB lightly after last week's game, remember - this is BaBa WaWa tossing the pigskin to Moss. He's about as useless as tits on a bull. I actually feel a little badly for Moss - he's a bit of a head case, but he got screwed going to the Raiders.

MACH1
10-27-2006, 10:01 PM
He's about as useless as tits on a bull.

I was thinking more like tits on a fish.:cheers:

tony hipchest
10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
radio broadcast says to look for ike taylor to shadow r. moss for much of the day. this is an uncharacteristic but good move.

as good as ronde barber is we saw him get burnt in the endzone today by a much larger p. burress.