PDA

View Full Version : 2006 National Champions?

Elvis
10-27-2006, 04:17 PM
:cheer: Here is the million dollar question for ya and have a great time with this one...
Who is gonna be the '06 National Champions?
As bad as I hate to say it... the Buckeyes look like the team to beat right now... but I honestly think that it is gonna be O.S.U. vs U.S.C. that looks like the likely scenerio...:thumbsup:

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 04:21 PM
In order....

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. WVU
4. USC

augustashark
10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
USC will not make it. They have games coming up against Cal, the Ducks, ND and cross town rival UCLA.

I don't see them winning all four.

silver & black
10-28-2006, 01:37 PM
:cheer: Here is the million dollar question for ya and have a great time with this one...
As bad as I hate to say it... the Buckeyes look like the team to beat right now... but I honestly think that it is gonna be O.S.U. vs U.S.C. that looks like the likely scenerio...:thumbsup:

That's right baby! THE Ohio State Buckeyes will be the 2006 National Champions!!!

GO BUCKS!!!

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I see UM or OSU, whichever team wins on 18 Nov. (I think thats the day they play) will win the NCAA.

Lyn
10-28-2006, 06:33 PM
it will be OSU...........u heard it here first so put up the ranch :) LOL

:coffee: :blah: :tt02:

augustashark
10-29-2006, 01:21 AM
USC will not make it. They have games coming up against Cal, the Ducks, ND and cross town rival UCLA.

I don't see them winning all four.

Hell!, they did'nt even make it past the Beavers! That's funny.

Hines0wnz
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
but I honestly think that it is gonna be O.S.U. vs U.S.C. that looks like the likely scenerio...:thumbsup:

Oops? :flap:

Brady12
10-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Go Michigan

Haiku_Dirtt
10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I can't stand Southern Cal.

Part of me hopes they get beat a couple more times so the entire town of Bristol, CT commits suicide.

Part of me hopes they run the table and another one-loss team gets into the title game ahead of them so they can have a huge meltdown. (As a bonus, Texas or Auburn or Michigan or whoever can get in ahead of an undefeated West Virginia so the BCS loses all credibility).

I guess you didn't get the memo from the Heritage Hall PR people before last season. USC officially denounced Southern Cal. It's Southern California, SC or USC.

And ESPN reluctantly boosts USC. Their jocks are fiddled by the SEC delusionists. The same ones that forget the 50-14 ass whooping on the Hogs.

CAST THE HISTORY BOOK IN STONE. USC set unbreakable records.

Troy Smith is playing impeccable football. Granted the only team OSU has played so far is Texas. And then Michigan. What a matchup...eh?

Stillers#1
10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
My '06 championship has to be

UM/OSU vs. WVU/Louisville

Whichever two of these teams win out, there is your BCS game. If Louisville beat WVU, they will vault past Florida in the BCS, no doubt in my mind.

All I have to say is.......

GO BLUE!!!!!

Jeremy
11-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Well, after WVU crapped the bed I'm going to go with Tejas for another MNC.

Elvis
11-13-2006, 07:09 AM
U S C
OHIO STATE
Still looks good to me..

Elvis
11-14-2006, 05:30 PM
:jammin:
U N C
National Champs in '08
Butch Davis makes a big difference at Chapel Hill, NC

ARKIESTEEL
11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
How about them Hawgs #1

Haiku_Dirtt
11-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Hmmmm....this looks like it's going to get moved to Smack Talk :smile:

Especially when the gasoline known as USC vs. Touchdown Allah (or is that Jesus...I forget) is now on the clock.

Elvis
11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
HAWGS.. are not in these other teams class in my opinion only... USC would smack Arkansas.. and if there is not a rematch then if USC wins out then they will be there...Gators dont deserve to be there either cuz they cant beat South Carolina... they got lucky last weekend

SteelCzar76
11-22-2006, 06:37 PM
THE University of South Central,.... 2006 National Champs. Wesssiiide,......Fight on.

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hines0wnz
11-24-2006, 08:29 PM
THE University of South Central,.... 2006 National Champs. Wesssiiide,......Fight on.

IF they make it to the big game, they will get bounced again for 2nd place.

GO BUCKEYES

SteelCzar76
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
IF they make it to the big game, they will get bounced again for 2nd place.

GO BUCKEYES

I'll give credit where it's due,.....the Buckeyes look very impressive this year. Troy Smith is ridiculous (easily the best QB coming out this year). Your Wr's are exceptional athletes whom play up to their potential. And you have a sound running game.
But i think the Trojans have the talent to put up points against your Defense. (I don't think your corners hold up against Jarrett and Smith.)
I also feel Washington and Gable (though young) would be able to run effectively against you.
Though SC is young on D i think they're coming into their own. No they wouldn't shut you down,....but i feel they match up better with you than Michigan. Sure Michigan's front seven,... (particularly their line),....were very good. But the Trojans aren't "weak" in this respect and have a faster, much more Physical secondary.
Bottom Line,......it would be a great game. And i think alot more evenly matched than most Buckeye fans would like to think.

"Hail Caesar,.........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Jeremy
11-25-2006, 02:23 PM
U S C

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 02:49 PM
WVU getting beat by S. Fla 24-19 with 5:16 left in the game.

Hines0wnz
11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll give credit where it's due,.....the Buckeyes look very impressive this year. Troy Smith is ridiculous (easily the best QB coming out this year). Your Wr's are exceptional athletes whom play up to their potential. And you have a sound running game.
But i think the Trojans have the talent to put up points against your Defense. (I don't think your corners hold up against Jarrett and Smith.)
I also feel Washington and Gable (though young) would be able to run effectively against you.
Though SC is young on D i think they're coming into their own. No they wouldn't shut you down,....but i feel they match up better with you than Michigan. Sure Michigan's front seven,... (particularly their line),....were very good. But the Trojans aren't "weak" in this respect and have a faster, much more Physical secondary.
Bottom Line,......it would be a great game. And i think alot more evenly matched than most Buckeye fans would like to think.

"Hail Caesar,.........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

I agree that it would be a even game on paper but has USC learned how to defend a mobile QB? If they want to win, they better defend well against Troy Smith's running, not necessarily his passing. Vince Young's running was the difference in the last championship game but Smith has more talent around him than Young did. Should be very very interesting.

SteelCzar76
11-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I agree that it would be a even game on paper but has USC learned how to defend a mobile QB? If they want to win, they better defend well against Troy Smith's running, not necessarily his passing. Vince Young's running was the difference in the last championship game but Smith has more talent around him than Young did. Should be very very interesting.

I think Smith's ability to diagnose coverage properly with speed and his accuracy are a bigger threat than his abilty to scramble. Don't get me wrong,....his mobilty can kill you,...but i think Carroll will do a much better job in terms of gameplanning in regards to containment and "gap control" in light of what Young did last year. (He almost singlehandedly kept them in and won the game for them)
I think the key is getting to Smith early and often up front,....and Jamming Gonzalez, Ginn and company. (And making them "pay" for what they do get,... with Mays, Rey and Sartz.)
Bottom line,... for better or worse i feel if they (Trojan's) play with focused aggression they get enough stops and or make enough plays on D to win. (They can't play "bend but don't break")
Whatever the case,....Pleasebelieve i look forward to this matchup LOL

SteelCzar76
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM
U S C

Fight on !

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Elvis
11-26-2006, 08:58 AM
OHIO STATE
VS
USC
Looks like a classic meeting to me...:tt02:

SteelCzar76
11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Southern Cal doesn't deserve a title game bid. Michigan's loss was on the road to the #1 team. Florida's loss was to #11 Auburn, who could move into the top ten after this coming weekend. Southern Cal's loss was to an unranked team.

And don't forget Boise State. One team played both them and Southern Cal--and taht was Oregon State. BSU skulldragged them, but they beat the trojans.

I like to think of the Oregon State game as a lapse in focus due to the considerable youth on SC's roster. I live in the south now and have more than had my fill of the "SEC or you ain't sh#t !" nonsense. LOL
Michigan had their shot at the title and lost. End of story. And honestly i don't think Florida, Auburn or any other SEC team matches up well enough against the Buckeyes to defeat them on a stage as large as the National Title game.
Bottom line,.......

t-mill
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Buckeyes are basically unstoppable on offense because we have too many weapons at the skill positions... even if you do get pressure on Smith, either he'll kill you with his own legs, or they'll start adjusting to the schemes and run a few screens to keep the defense honest... and I don't care how physical you are with our receivers, there's too many good ones to cover them all... Ginn, Gonzalez, Robiske, Hall, Nicol, Hartline... then at tailback... Pittman, Wells, and Wells... we put up 42 points against the #1 defense in the country... Not to mention OUR defense... If we play USC, it will be exciting, but only because I'm a Buckeye... OSU by at least 10 against the Trojans...

SteelCzar76
11-29-2006, 06:32 PM
I hope so...I don't want ESPN to start fellating Southern Cal again.

(Goldie from The Mack voice) "You don't have to fellaciate,......just don't hate baby" :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Ohio Steeler
12-03-2006, 01:17 PM
OSU will win it all this year no question's about it, the question is who will they beat Michigan or Florida

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I think Fla. deserves a shot. They played a much tougher schedule, and have beaten a lot better teams. This is one of the reasons the Big 10 should have a championship game.

BengalBrian
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Its official

Flordia/OSU

Its on!

Hines0wnz
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I think Fla. deserves a shot. They played a much tougher schedule, and have beaten a lot better teams. This is one of the reasons the Big 10 should have a championship game.

Beating W. Carolina was a nailbiter a couple weeks ago. :yawn:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I think Fla. will beat them. For the above mentioned reason. The Big Ten was soft this year.

Infamix
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Go Florida

Lyn
12-07-2006, 11:47 PM
:cheers: Ohio State wil teach Fl how football is suppose to be played.

Go Buckeyes!~

Buzz05
12-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Even though Penn State isnt in it. I gotta go for the Big 10 team. I hope the Buckeyes stomp a mud whole in em and show everyone who has the best conference in football.

Hines0wnz
12-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Floida's pretty consistently managed to put up 20-30 points a contest against some pretty highly ranked teams.

The Michigan game showed that Ohio State can, indeed, be scored upon.

This is going to be a good game.

It also showed that the best defense in the country (Michigan) couldnt stop a good offensive team. Florida's D will get burned early and often. THE Ohio State University has too many weapons and they dont play cupcakes like Western Carolina for their 11th game of the season.

Hines0wnz
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Why? It's not like they've played anybody good this year except for Michigan.

No, Texas does not count.

Why doesnt Texas count? They were ranked in the top 5 (if I remember right) when they played and OSU won AT Texas if you recall. No, it counts, if not, then Florida should not have been allowed to play in this game since they played Western Carolina so late in the season.

Hines0wnz
12-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Um...you do realize that in spite of that game, FU still played the toughest schedule in the country? That included three 10-win teams (Arky, LSU, and Auburn).

Can't stand the gators but I have to give them their due.

I guess depending what website you believe then UF would have the #1 SOS, but I found a different #1 every time I clicked a link from google.

Stillers#1
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Also, rematches don't happen for the national title because they're stupid. Imagine if the Steelers had made it to the Super Bowl last year, and then instead of going up against Seattle, the league decided to have us play the Colts again just because they thought the AFC was better and Peyton Manning was so great that he deserved a second shot.

That sound fair? Because that's that's basically the kind of thing all the rematch crowd are demanding. I'm glad common sense prevailed. You lose, and you're out. Too bad, Michigan.

2001 I am pretty sure the Pats lost to the Rams in the regualr season, and we all know how that ended up. The fact of the matter is, UM has a legitimate gripe. Florida is going to be destroyed, plain and simple.

The NCAA needs a playoff system.

Trying to compare the NCAA is like comparing apples and oranges.

Hines0wnz
12-11-2006, 11:52 PM
2001 I am pretty sure the Pats lost to the Rams in the regualr season, and we all know how that ended up. The fact of the matter is, UM has a legitimate gripe. Florida is going to be destroyed, plain and simple.

The NCAA needs a playoff system.

Trying to compare the NCAA is like comparing apples and oranges.

Or maybe the NFL should go to a bowl system!! :wink02:

Elvis
12-17-2006, 08:30 AM
:tt02:
First of all... I cant stand the Buckeyes...
They have a pretty good team and all I admit that , and I love the coach, Tressel. But some of their fans are so Obnoxous.. you havent won the game yet.. so dont get too carried away. I think that USC done that last year and got suprised. Now, do I think that Florida is gonna take OSU? No... but it could happen. I just cant see someone that can just barely beat S.Carolina even have a game for OSU... but I guess we will see...
MERRRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE :wave:

BengalBrian
12-17-2006, 09:44 AM
:cheers: Ohio State wil teach Fl how football is suppose to be played.

Go Buckeyes!~

True story! :cheers:

Hines0wnz
12-17-2006, 01:26 PM
:tt02:
First of all... I cant stand the Buckeyes...
They have a pretty good team and all I admit that , and I love the coach, Tressel. But some of their fans are so Obnoxous.. you havent won the game yet.. so dont get too carried away. I think that USC done that last year and got suprised. Now, do I think that Florida is gonna take OSU? No... but it could happen. I just cant see someone that can just barely beat S.Carolina even have a game for OSU... but I guess we will see...
MERRRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE :wave:

I disagree, there is a big difference between OSU and USC last year. USC had the winning streak and Leinhart & Bush and they thought they were unbeatable because of all the hype. Columbus isnt LA, so there are only great fans and not the all unreality of being in SoCal. :wink02:

Elvis
12-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Now.. just to let everyone know that these are just my opinions.. so I dont want to make anyone mad at me or think that I am being rude to anyone... I just think that the Buckeyes shouldnt take Florida too lightly... I honestly think that that is what USC did last year with Texas.. cuz the Trojans definitely had more talent than that Texas team did... again these are just my opinions so, please dont take my comments to heart...
[COLOR="Red"]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE..:wave: /COLOR]

Stillers43
12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
GO BUCKS!!!

Stillers43
12-18-2006, 01:13 PM
:cheers: GO BUCKS!!! :cheers:

Hines0wnz
12-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Now.. just to let everyone know that these are just my opinions.. so I dont want to make anyone mad at me or think that I am being rude to anyone... I just think that the Buckeyes shouldnt take Florida too lightly... I honestly think that that is what USC did last year with Texas.. cuz the Trojans definitely had more talent than that Texas team did... again these are just my opinions so, please dont take my comments to heart...
[COLOR="Red"]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE..:wave: /COLOR]

"...the Trojans definitely had more talent than that Texas team had" ? :laughing:

I dont think you are being rude....just a bit misinformed maybe. :wink02: :flap:

Hines0wnz
12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Well, their entire offense from that year is probably going to wind up in the NFL, along with most of the defense. So I can see where he's coming from.

And the Texas team, aside from Vince Young, are just going to get part-time jobs at Wally World or something?

Stillers#1
12-21-2006, 09:04 PM
All I know is you shouldn't be allowed to be a Steelers fan and a Buckeye's fan.

Seriously though, who cares, this game isnt even the two best teams in the country. It isn't even number 1 vs. number 3. I don't care how "tough" the SEC is, Florida isn't that good, and no team with a two QB system is going to win it all. OSU is going to roll over Florida, which makes me sick, b/c UM can beat OSU at a neutral site. Any one of you brainwashed fans that thinks otherwise is just wrong, plain and simple. I seriously hope that UF barely squeeks past OSU and UM blows out USC, that should throw the BCS into even more of a tizzy, b/c a lot of human voters will have a hard time putting UF over UM.

Stillers#1
12-22-2006, 02:30 PM
SC is not going to crush UM, no way that will happen. The fact of the matter is the two best teams are from the Big Ten. Who has SC beat this year? ND at home, thats it, I think they beat Arkansas too, who is from the most over-rated conference in the country. Didn't they lose to Oregon State? Phew, yeah SC is tough, and they will have the home-field advantage but Michigan will run all over them. When UM stomps USC and OSU more than likely stomps UF everyoen will be bitching once again about the "match-up" we had in the national championship.

All USC has to do every year is beat everyone in a weak conference, which the didn't do twice this year, and get past ND. USC's time is over, and like I said about Florida, there is no way a team with a two QB system wins a championship.

Stillers#1
12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Who in the Pac-10 beat anyone this year? With the exception of the Oregon/Oklahoma debacle, the only team worth note that beat anyone worth a crap outside of the conference was USC, while beating ARK and ND.

We saw last night how terrible the Pac-10 is, they got smoked by the MWC winnder BYU, which is not that good of a football team. USC lost twice to teams that sholdn't even be on their radar. I have to hear about PAC-10 football all the time living out here in WA, and the football played on the west coast, with the exception of SC for a few years, is just inferior to whats played in the central states and the eastern seaboard.

SC is not that good, and they proved it twice, by losing to unranked teams.

As a matter of fact...looking at the PAC ten, I see one team who maybe would have gone this season with only 3 losses had they played in the Big 10.

Then there is the Big Ten with 3 teams in the top 6. Nuff said.

Florida is going to get dropped.....hard. And the BCS will once again be the laughing stock of sports.

NV STEELERS 723
12-23-2006, 01:10 PM

OSU !

Godfather
12-23-2006, 03:52 PM
As far as conference strength goes, the top of the SEC is brutal, and the bottom is horrible.

The PAC-1 is prettymuch Southern Cal right now.

Big Ten is probably the best top to bottom this year.

Stillers#1
12-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Anyway, I don't see where the Big Ten is as good as the Pac-10, unless Indiana or Minnesota somehow count as world-beaters. It's more like a lot of people don't see many Pac-10 games, so they just write them off because it's the easy thing to do.

I live on the west coast so all I see mostly is Pac-10, its just crappily played football.

Stillers#1
12-26-2006, 09:08 AM
It's called parity, UCLA also beat the "best team" in the PAC-10, who ND lost too, maybe ND really isn't that good. We will find out in a week or so where the PAC-10 stands, after the Rose Bowl.

Hines0wnz
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Anyway, I don't see where the Big Ten is as good as the Pac-10, unless Indiana or Minnesota somehow count as world-beaters. It's more like a lot of people don't see many Pac-10 games, so they just write them off because it's the easy thing to do.

I saw Boise St kill Oregon St who best USC but I'm sure that is just "PAC-10" parity. The PAC-10 is basically USC, Cal and UCLA who shows up once in a while to make things interesting.

Hines0wnz
12-28-2006, 03:31 PM
BYU 38 Oregon 8 Las Vegas Bowl

Hawaii 41 Arizona St 27 Hawaii Bowl

Florida St 44 UCLA 27 Emerald Bowl

The Pac-10 is 0-3 so far in two not-even-close games versus "mid major" schools and one big school in a down year. But......I know, its early and USC hasnt played yet or maybe Cal will beat A&M from the oh-so-soft Big 12. :bouncy:

BengalBrian
01-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Now that the Rose Bowl is over, do I even need to say "LMFAO" at this and all the other obnoxious chatter over the last couple months about how OSU and Michigan are obviously so much better than everyone else in the country? Or is that kind of understood?

So you think florida is going to beat OSU?

Stillers#1
01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Now that the Rose Bowl is over, do I even need to say "LMFAO" at this and all the other obnoxious chatter over the last couple months about how OSU and Michigan are obviously so much better than everyone else in the country? Or is that kind of understood?

I'll go ahead and file this one under the "you play 100 games and USC is bound to win one" file. I am still not going to say USC is better than UM. This wasn't even a neutral site.

BengalBrian
01-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I still have hope for a semi happy football season if OSU pulls it off.. If they dont, its going to be a crappy game for sure.... I think the USC game was a fluke... USC is NOT that good... I do kinda wish we got to play USC in the championship rather than Florida just to expose them the way Michigan should have

Stillers#1
01-05-2007, 04:05 PM
If USC gets ranked number 2 I will never watch College Football again. Boise State deserves it.

Hines0wnz
01-05-2007, 04:31 PM
If USC gets ranked number 2 I will never watch College Football again. Boise State deserves it.

Better get ready to watch something else next fall then. :wink02:

Godfather
01-06-2007, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't go that far, but if that happens the NCAA should ban human polls and force the BCS to go with a straight RPI.

How can a 2-loss team--with both losses being to unranked teams--be better than an undefeated team, a one-loss BCS conference champion, the loser of the national championship game (either one loss or two losses to ranked teams), and a 2-loss team whose losses were on the road to ranked teams?

Just shows how there's no logic to the polls. If Oregon State and UCLA suck as bad as the voters say, then Southern Cal has two bad losses.

Stillers#1
01-06-2007, 12:42 PM
There. I fixed it for you. Seriously, dude, USC mauled them, and the stadium didn't have much to do with it.

I guess you can go ahead and claim that Michigan getting blown out shows that the Big 10 rules. But my own confidence isn't exactly shattered after my original prediction of a USC rout was right on the money, and for exactly the right reasons, too.

As for OSU-Florida, I hope Florida wins, but that one's kind of up in the air. All I'll say is that it's going to be a good game, or at least better than the people who keep saying "OSU BEST TEAM EVAR WEL'L BEAT FLORDIDA 55-0 THEY DONT EVEN BELONG ON THE SAME FEILD11111111111111" are willing to believe.

And that the fans deserve to see Boise play the winner, even though they'd never let that happen.

I'm sorry dude, but you got it wrong, that game was kind of like the little giants movie. You can't tell who is better by one game. Just liek the bungles/Steelers we still really don't know is actually better. UM is a better team than USC. And as much as i hate to admit it, OSU is going to thrash Florida.

MACH1
01-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Last time I checked 13-0 was still better than 12-1. But we'll see what happens.

Hines0wnz
01-06-2007, 04:44 PM
$

They shouldnt even be ranked in the top 5.