PDA

View Full Version : Question for LITP

Mosca
10-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Nigel,

What got you interested in American football? And are you something of an anomaly in England, or is there enough interest in the game that people will get together to watch it broadcast?

Thanks,

Tom

BBC
10-27-2006, 07:07 PM
And, on average, how many cups of tea do you drink a day?

:wink:

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 08:55 AM
There was me expecting my Director of Communications to handle this enquiry - I open the thread and find he has made a tea drinking joke at my expense - his employer!

BBC you better come up with some mighty fine uses for that paper clip to turn this back round!

Ok Tom back to your question,

Its hard to say what attracted me to American football in the first place - there is alot of razzmatazz, big hits and big ego's - thats the type of thing that caught the eye back when I was 10/11 (1986/7).

Back then we used to get one game live on terrestrial TV on a sunday night and one highlights package - that was a peak time for NFL in the UK - the Dolphins were the team to follow with glory boy Marino shredding opposition D week after week.

I picked New England to support because they had the word 'England' in their name - I was a simplistic but honest boy.

These days we get an early and a late game on cable on sunday evening and MNF live aswell - but I doubt if there is enough supporters grouped together in one part of the UK to actually get together to watch a game - none of my friends have any interest in it.

Of course there is a huge deal about the Superbowl and dedicated parties to watch it in major cities, but 95% of those present wouldn't know Joey Porter from Joey Harrington.

Hope that answers your question.

Nigel

ps about 4 cups a day give or take :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
10-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Nigel, your not going to jump up on the couch and grab Mosca's wrists are you? We don't need you going "Tomcat" on us during this interview.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Nigel, your not going to jump up on the couch and grab Mosca's wrists are you? We don't need you going "Tomcat" on us during this interview.

LOL....actually LITP, I do have a question....we used to trade food with the Brits while overseas...I once got my hands on some gawdawful fish in marinara sauce...is that something that your army concocted in violation of the Geneva convention..or do people actually enjoy it?

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 10:12 AM
LOL....actually LITP, I do have a question....we used to trade food with the Brits while overseas...I once got my hands on some gawdawful fish in marinara sauce...is that something that your army concocted in violation of the Geneva convention..or do people actually enjoy it?

Can't say I have ever had that.

Fish (normally cod or haddock) and chips is still a tasty staple of a Brit's diet :smile:

Up north (Newcastle) they put the batter you would normally find on a fried fish on mars bars.

NM

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Sorry, that one has gone right over my head!

What do you mean?

NM

83-Steelers-43
10-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Sorry, that one has gone right over my head!

What do you mean?

NM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOKCsGLS30

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOKCsGLS30

Wow..just WOW!

Ha. I'd heard he pulled some crazy shit on the show but I hadn't actually seen it til just now.

Looks like he is having some type of mental breakdown.

Rest assured, I wont go crazy or leap on the sofa.

NM

83-Steelers-43
10-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Wow..just WOW!

Ha. I'd heard he pulled some crazy shit on the show but I hadn't actually seen it til just now.

Looks like he is having some type of mental breakdown.

Rest assured, I wont go crazy or leap on the sofa.

NM

Tom has that look in his eye.

http://www.sentimentosdilacerados.blogger.com.br/charles%20manson.jpg

BBC
10-28-2006, 10:40 AM
There was me expecting my Director of Communications to handle this enquiry - I open the thread and find he has made a tea drinking joke at my expense - his employer!

BBC you better come up with some mighty fine uses for that paper clip to turn this back round!

ps about 4 cups a day give or take :wink02:

:laughing:

Don't worry, the paper clip will more than make up for it. We've got the advantage of the unknown on our side with that paper clip. Our opponents have no idea what we're going to do with it, hell, we're not even sure what we're going to do with it quite yet.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Can't say I have ever had that.

Fish (normally cod or haddock) and chips is still a tasty staple of a Brit's diet :smile:

Up north (Newcastle) they put the batter you would normally find on a fried fish on mars bars.

NM

So....this might have been our befriended Brits getting the Yank back for a softball game earlier that day?

...and I actually traded for it:dang:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Don't worry, the paper clip will more than make up for it. We've got the advantage of the unknown on our side with that paper clip. Our opponents have no idea what we're going to do with it, hell, we're not even sure what we're going to do with it quite yet.

I may be giving away state secrets..but we have been aware of the paperclip for some time....and our labs are prepared to counteract any aggression with sticky notes if we are provoked!!!

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I may be giving away state secrets..but we have been aware of the paperclip for some time....and our labs are prepared to counteract any aggression with sticky notes if we are provoked!!!

:jawdrop:

They must have spies!

Deep Throat, where are you?

:willy:

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 11:31 AM

Now I know that comment about us 'not knowing what to do with it' was purely diversionary - I have the utmost faith you will know exactly how and when to deploy the Stationary Of Mass Destruction when that moment arrives.

NM

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 11:32 AM
So....this might have been our befriended Brits getting the Yank back for a softball game earlier that day?

...and I actually traded for it:dang:

Hey it might have been - thats what our countries' special relationship is all about right :wink02:

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey it might have been - thats what our countries' special relationship is all about right :wink02:

NM

It was bad enough to start an international incident...good thing there are no embassies in the Kuwaiti desert.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 01:08 PM
:jawdrop:

Deep Throat, where are you?

:willy:

...must.....resist.....temptation...!!!!

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 01:33 PM
ok. since we are asking questions about life across the pond...

how well do the droogies in "A Clockwork Orange" represent you and your buds?

(we really need an alex smiley with the eyelash)

Livinginthe past
10-28-2006, 01:54 PM
ok. since we are asking questions about life across the pond...

how well do the droogies in "A Clockwork Orange" represent you and your buds?

(we really need an alex smiley with the eyelash)

I havent seen that film - sorry.

NM

Mosca
10-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for sharing. I've tried to get interested in world football, but there's no allure for me. Too much running I think.

Tea; Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Darjeeling? Orange Pekoe?

Tom

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I havent seen that film - sorry.

NMtoo bad. stanley kubric has been known to make a good film.

(although you almost need a translator to understand the english slang in the flic.- definitely malcom mcdowells finest preformance)