PDA

View Full Version : 25th anniversary of the f-117 stealth fighter

tony hipchest
10-27-2006, 11:14 PM
today they flew 25 (half the fleet) overhead in 5 x 5 V formations (something that has never been done and will probably never be done again) for the ceromony celebrating its 25th anniversary at holloman.

completely awesome and an amazing show of force. i cant believe theyre gonna retire this bird.

i just wish we could bomb several more muslim (or a particular asian nation) before all was said and done)

its been fun f-117! :cheers:

Stillers#1
10-27-2006, 11:40 PM
This is one of the coolest planes ever, I love refueling these things, b/c I know someone is about to get JACKED UP!!!!

tony hipchest
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
This is one of the coolest planes ever, I love refueling these things, b/c I know someone is about to get JACKED UP!!!! amen. as a civilian who has absolutely nothing to do with operations, i feel very privilaged to be up close and semi personal with these planes and some of their pilots.

having grown up and worked on afb's all my life, im a big fan of the a-10s (davis monthan) and f-15s and stealths (holloman). i cant wait till we get the f-22 raptors!

jet noise- the sound of freedom.

Mamaduck43
10-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Congratulations to Holloman AFB on the anniversary.... We were there (at the Solar Observatory on the side of the runway opposite HQs when the F-15's were the new kids.... We used to love to watch the test pilots run that lovely bird through its paces.... Amazing what it was able to do....

Now I am very lucky to be able to watch some of the very same F-15's operate from Hickam AFB here with the Hawaii ANG... In fact, a friend of mine who was stationed at HAFB when we were there got to work on his same F-15 when it came here.....

I have only seen the F117 at air shows here, but it sure looks purty!!!!! It must be neat to be able to see them all the time....