PDA

View Full Version : He's Big Ben!!!

wildjames
10-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Seriously, you charge Chad Johnson with being a attention seeking *****?

This is just another example of this douche thinking he is in invincible and can do no wrong and EVERYTHING gets done to him. I SERIOUSLY doubt he got drilled, falls to the ground, hears what he said he heard, THEN passes out. No, he was knocked out right away. If he can't complain about referees, how "serious" his injuries are, then it's the opposing players were taunting him! Does he need people to feel sorry for him THAT bad? He'd better stop thinking he's so unhurtable, or he's gonna be out of the league in a few years from another serious injury or whatever else. Another big drunk idiot jock from the MAC, where since they can't compete with real colleges, they'll just grow up to be big dumbasses! My cousin just graduated from Miami U, and she said, who knows if it's true or not but I'll believe her, that Ben asked her out when she was a freshman but she declined, deciding not to date big drunk dumbasses with a pea for a brain. And what do you know, he's still the same old Ben, riding a motorcycle without a helmet, bitching about everything under the sun, making up taunting stories to get attention/pity, you'd think with how shitty he played in the Superbowl he'd think he'd have something to work on, but not Ben...

<Ben> "My nickname is Big Ben, I am invincible. I was placed into a good system and asked not to turn the ball over and hand it off 75% of the time, and now I am a god. Forget the glaring accusations from most of the country besides my loyal fans that I actually have average quarterback skills, I'm Big Ben god damn it! Thank god I wasn't drafted by a crappy team like my pal David Carr, or I'd be getting pounded left and right and my average skills would be exposed even worse than they are now. Yeah I went to Miami, no no not the U, Miami of Ohio, yep that's right, the mecca of college sports in the Midwest. Oh yeah, I'm Big Ben, pay attention to me."

I'm also quite humored by the moron fans in the regular Pittsburgh Steelers forum section raving how it was a late hit/cheap shot/should have been fined on Ben. Wow, just wow. Talk about hypocritical idiots.

<Ben> "But but, I won the Superbowl! Don't pay attention to my stats from the game, or my 22.6 rating from the game, I'm Big Ben!"

Yeah, welcome to the Crappy Quarterback Club, where you'll enjoy fine entertainment being accompanied by Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, and Doug Williams! Crappy to average quarterbacks on good teams does not make a quarterback great, ask those guys. Oh wait, he's BIG Ben! Forgot, sorry.

He's Big Ben! What an amazing athlete.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 12:58 AM
easy their mildjames.

atleast ben can actually get the ball to his #1 wr.

ben isnt mailing it in (as seen by the last 2 games) like chad "i talk a good game but dont play one" johnson.

what has chad done lately? charlie batch is better than freaking palmer, as is ben.

take your crybaby, my feelings are hurt, act to a bengals forum dipshit.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 01:02 AM
<mildjames> "but but, the bengals won the afc north division last year. dont pay attention to the fact that they have never won anything else and never will :crying01:. im mildjames"

:sofunny:

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 01:13 AM
i see our newfound wannabe resident dingo has sacked up and decided he has the stones to start is own weak assed threads. he deserves his own steelersfever name then. poll time.

wildjames isnt too wild, in fact hes rather mild.
wildjames is pretty tame and his posts are rather lame.

so whats it gonna be?

a) mildjames or

b) tamejames

this one is a toughie

MattsMe
10-28-2006, 01:24 AM
i see our newfound wannabe resident dingo has sacked up and decided he has the stones to start is own weak assed threads. he deserves his own steelersfever name then. poll time.

wildjames isnt too wild, in fact hes rather mild.
wildjames is pretty tame and his posts are rather lame.

so whats it gonna be?

a) mildjames or

b) tamejames

this one is a toughie

I say we call him tame, like a kitten, although I'd much rather call him banned.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 01:45 AM
c) banned

seems like a good option.. anyone who can try to compare ben to chad realistically doesnt have much to offer to a reasonable forum.

he might as well go to a rams forum and declare that chad is better than holt cause holt cant dance (or put on a comedy routine that rivals carrot top)

Jeremy
10-28-2006, 01:50 AM
No need to band him when you have ignore lists.

wildjames
10-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Nice one dude, calling me mildjames, lol. Where do you get these witty comments? Let's see, I talk little Ben down because I see reality, and one user calls me mildjames, and another puts me on his ignore list. Wow, that's some BIG smack talk boys, why dont you haul your asses over to the tailgating recipe threads? Pathetic.

wildjames
10-28-2006, 03:02 AM
easy their mildjames.

ben isnt mailing it in (as seen by the last 2 games) like chad "i talk a good game but dont play one" johnson.

what has chad done lately? charlie batch is better than freaking palmer, as is ben.

Oh wait, out of the 3 posts it took you to type 1 paragraph, 1 sentence actually had almost something to do with football. TJ is probably better than Chad is, and that's the beauty of having so many good wide receivers. When one gets all the attention, the other benefits. TJ would be the #1 receiver on 75% of NFL teams, so why do I give a crap if Chad doesn't score? It just means TJ will, and he is.

Oh and Batch and Ben are better than Palmer eh? Well "dipshit", you keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you'll actually believe it. Now shoo, get over to the tailgate recipe forums until you learn how to type something worth half a shit.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Is it me or do they let kids stay up later now then when I was younger. I quess parents feel sympathetic to some of these junior high clowns because their new braces are making their teeth ache and they cant sleep.
These same trolls who come on here hiding behind their computers...would be awful quite at a game!!!

meanjoecoop
10-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Is it me or do they let kids stay up later now then when I was younger. I quess parents feel sympathetic to some of these junior high clowns because their new braces are making their teeth ache and they cant sleep.
These same trolls who come on here hiding behind their computers...would be awful quite at a game!!!

Jimmys been a little on edge lately. He's still trying to adjust from playing Pokemon with his lil buddies, to talkin' championship football with us. With all the failures his team has to look forward to...he's thinkin' more about how many packs of Pokemon cards he could have bought if he hadnt bought that Carson Palmer jersey. It's keepin' him up at night.

http://stiangd.8m.com/pikachu_bg.jpg

LameJames' hero prior to Carson Palmer...

floodcitygirl
10-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Jimmys been a little on edge lately. He's still trying to adjust from playing Pokemon with his lil buddies, to talkin' championship football with us. With all the failures his team has to look forward to...he's thinkin' more about how many packs of Pokemon cards he could have bought if he hadnt bought that Carson Palmer jersey. It's keepin' him up at night.

http://stiangd.8m.com/pikachu_bg.jpg

LameJames' hero prior to Carson Palmer...Lame James??? or Banned????.......:hunch: It's a toss up.....

steelergirlrocks
10-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Nice one dude, calling me mildjames, lol. Where do you get these witty comments? Let's see, I talk little Ben down because I see reality, and one user calls me mildjames, and another puts me on his ignore list. Wow, that's some BIG smack talk boys, why dont you haul your asses over to the tailgating recipe threads? Pathetic.

:blah: :blah: :blah: Mildjames - go home. No Steeler haters here. We ARE the World Champions and Big Ben is our hero...Why don't you go where you belong...some other website.:flap:

PAMillerGrrl83
10-28-2006, 02:37 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: Mildjames - go home. No Steeler haters here. We ARE the World Champions and Big Ben is our hero...Why don't you go where you belong...some other website.:flap:

I agree with you and seriousley if Ben did ask your "cousin" out and she declined then shes the dumbass. The Steelers and their fans LOVE Ben and sorry but nothing you say is gonna change that.:tt02: :helmet: :sign06: :sign01: :sign09:

BengalBrian
10-28-2006, 04:53 PM
easy their mildjames.

This has to be one of the dumbest things you have said.. And that is saying A LOT

Lyn
10-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Brian ........back off. In fact why not go back to the CB board should they have one. God they are so bad.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 05:47 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest things you have said.. And that is saying A LOTbens passer rating through 31 games played= 93.5
carsons through 35 games played = 90.3

ben has more career victories, more playoff wins and

93.5>90.3

c. batch leads the league in ypa and passer rating this year. 5 td vs. 0 int. whats carson got?

wildjames
10-28-2006, 08:47 PM
bens passer rating through 31 games played= 93.5

93.5>90.3

c. batch leads the league in ypa and passer rating this year. 5 td vs. 0 int. whats carson got?

And for some reason nobody outside out Steeler fans think Ben is better than Carson. Almost every stat you gave is true because of Ben's placement in a good football system. Of course he's going to have a higher passer rating, all he did his first 2 years was hand the ball off and make short dump passes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636884

Yeah, it appears everyone agrees with you as well. Just because you and your fans believe it, doesn't make it true. But hey, stay positive, and maybe Ben will last 5 more years.

wildjames
10-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Wow, the best you people can muster is...

"I hope you get banned"
"Just go away!"
"Ben is my hero you cant change that!"

You outnumber me by how many? And that's the best you can come up with? It's really sad when I'd rather have tony hipchest respond, and he's one of the biggest morons on this forum.

slashsteel
10-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Another big drunk idiot jock from the MAC,

Yeah that jock helped get us a ring, one to add to our collection of 5. How many trophies does your team have again ? ?

And Bradshaw was called a idiot at one time too. I hope in our future there is more idiots like the ones mentioned. :)

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 08:56 PM
? It's really sad when I'd rather have tony hipchest respond, and he's one of the biggest morons on this forum.

its obvious that youre desperate for my attention, dingo. too bad ive already smacked you outta the park.

atleast attempt to throw a strike. dont expect me to swing at air.

(while youre at it.... tell us more about you asking your cousin out and being rejected. LMAO! :toofunny: = poser wannabe)

wildjames
10-28-2006, 09:07 PM
You smacked me by calling me mildjames? You do know this is a smack talk forum right? lol. And what are you talking about me asking my cousin out? Wow... good one.

Next time try a bit harder to create humour, that was pathetic, "dingo", lmao.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 09:11 PM
My cousin just graduated from Miami U, and she said, who knows if it's true or not but I'll believe her, that Ben asked her out when she was a freshman but she declined, deciding not to date big drunk dumbasses with a pea for a brain. And what do you know, he's still the same old Ben, riding a motorcycle without a helmet....

"...and this one time, at band camp..."

wildjames
10-28-2006, 09:12 PM
"...and this one time, at band camp..."

I'll take it you quit. I would too.

tony hipchest
10-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll take it you quit. I would too.

of course you would. youre a pu$$ and your shit is weak.

tell us more about your "cousin" before you run off with your dingo tail between your legs.

lmao

Stillers#1
10-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Her cousin is obviously high in morals, b/c she turned down a guy who drank during college. Alert the media on this one, EVERY GUY DRINKS DURING COLLEGE!!!! Your cousin probably knew she was a bet, kinda like the movie "She's all That". The only thing wild about james is the case of crabs thats gone wild in her drawers.

BBC
10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
And for some reason nobody outside out Steeler fans think Ben is better than Carson. Almost every stat you gave is true because of Ben's placement in a good football system. Of course he's going to have a higher passer rating, all he did his first 2 years was hand the ball off and make short dump passes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636884

Yeah, it appears everyone agrees with you as well. Just because you and your fans believe it, doesn't make it true. But hey, stay positive, and maybe Ben will last 5 more years.

Ben was put into placement in a good football system that some how was never able to win the big game, was coming off of a 6-10 season, and was currently 1-1 when Ben took over (before leading the team on a 15 game winning streak, of course).

All he did was hand it off and throw short dump passes? Interesting. Maybe you can explain to me then, why Ben averaged more yards per first quarter than both Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning, and why his passer rating in the first quarter was above 140 points?

I didn't think you'd be able to. I'll do it for you. It's because Ben gave his team a lead early in the game, and the Steelers then sat on the lead like Bill Cowher always does (maybe you've noticed he's lost 1 game in 108 games that the Steelers gained a lead of 11 points or more at any point in the game?). There was no need for Ben to continue to throw, because the Steelers already had the victory locked up thanks to his passing.

Still want to believe he could only succeed with a low amount of passes, and a high amount of hand offs? Last year, in the game he threw his most passes (41) he had a rating of 94.2. Second most was a rating of 85. Third most was 124.9. Fourth most was 93.8.

And BTW, what some sports 'expert' believes about how quarterbacks rank amongst each other is about as useful as your penis.

MACH1
10-28-2006, 11:02 PM
its only useful if you have one. :banana: :sofunny:

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Ben was put into placement in a good football system that some how was never able to win the big game, was coming off of a 6-10 season, and was currently 1-1 when Ben took over (before leading the team on a 15 game winning streak, of course).

All he did was hand it off and throw short dump passes? Interesting. Maybe you can explain to me then, why Ben averaged more yards per first quarter than both Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning, and why his passer rating in the first quarter was above 140 points?

I didn't think you'd be able to. I'll do it for you. It's because Ben gave his team a lead early in the game, and the Steelers then sat on the lead like Bill Cowher always does (maybe you've noticed he's lost 1 game in 108 games that the Steelers gained a lead of 11 points or more at any point in the game?). There was no need for Ben to continue to throw, because the Steelers already had the victory locked up thanks to his passing.

Still want to believe he could only succeed with a low amount of passes, and a high amount of hand offs? Last year, in the game he threw his most passes (41) he had a rating of 94.2. Second most was a rating of 85. Third most was 124.9. Fourth most was 93.8.

And BTW, what some sports 'expert' believes about how quarterbacks rank amongst each other is about as useful as your penis.

Well that's fine then, ask 100 people who aren't fans of either team who they think is the more skilled quarterback, and I'll bet that 85 choose Carson. And the only reason I pasted that link is showing an example that's without heresay that people outside of Steeler fans don't think that highly of Ben. Of course he won you a Superbowl, so he's Big Ben, the god of all quarterbacks. Let's see how he does the next 5 years, that's saying he lasts another 5, which is doubtful, and compare his stats/achievements to other various quarterbacks ok? I think you think I'm trying to sway Steeler fans opinion on Ben, it's more like I laugh at it, and the only think I'd like you to understand is that outside of Steeler fans, nobody really gives a shit about him, and most people think he's an overrated, whiney, attention seeking, PITY ME PITY ME!, quarterback.

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:19 PM
of course you would. youre a pu$$ and your shit is weak.

tell us more about your "cousin" before you run off with your dingo tail between your legs.

lmao

Wow my shit is weak eh? It must be difficult smacking with someone who can type more than a couple sentence per post. It seems to me you have ADD or something, you read the first couple sentences then your mind trails off and you click 'Reply', and make some witty 1 sentence comment and include the word 'ding', 'pu$$', or 'buttercup', and end it with a LMAO or lol. Hardcore smack there I tell you. Your posts are fun to read, and I can't wait to see what witty comments you think up next.

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Her cousin is obviously high in morals, b/c she turned down a guy who drank during college. Alert the media on this one, EVERY GUY DRINKS DURING COLLEGE!!!! Your cousin probably knew she was a bet, kinda like the movie "She's all That". The only thing wild about james is the case of crabs thats gone wild in her drawers.

Wow, if that was the case, that surely makes Ben an even greater guy, doesn't it? Stay out of this thread unless you have the balls to bring some real heat, hey I think the Contests and Giveaways section has some unanswered posts for you buddy.

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Well that's fine then, ask 100 people who aren't fans of either team who they think is the more skilled quarterback, and I'll bet that 85 choose Carson.

I'd be willing to bet you're wrong.

http://www.pigskinheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38284

Seems to be about 50/50 based on the posts (something was wrong with the poll).

And the only reason I pasted that link is showing an example that's without heresay that people outside of Steeler fans don't think that highly of Ben. Of course he won you a Superbowl, so he's Big Ben, the god of all quarterbacks.

Well, thanks for that one mans opinion that obviously reflects what every other person outside of Steelers fans think of Ben.

Let's see how he does the next 5 years, that's saying he lasts another 5, which is doubtful, and compare his stats/achievements to other various quarterbacks ok?

I thought we were talking about Ben and Carson's previous seasons, considering you wanted to discuss how all Ben did was hand the ball of his last two seasons.

Or is this just some attempt to sweep all of your previous incorrect assumptions under the rug and completely switch directions?

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:27 PM
It must be difficult smacking with someone who can type more than a couple sentence per post.

Still haven't mastered that whole 'grammar' thing yet though, have you?

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Still haven't mastered that whole 'grammar' thing yet though, have you?

Oh you got me, nice one! That one mistake in grammar automatically nixes all my previous statements, I now secede into defeat. I hope you didn't spent too much time combing my posts to find an error in grammar.

<BBC> Haha I sure showed him! Look Mom!

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey BBC are you BigBenCan7 on that forum you posted? Because one of his posts reads

That is actually a common misconception. The Steelers have a rather balanced attack in the first half, and that is what builds their leads. After Ben builds the large lead for the Steelers, Cowher does what he does best; he sits on the lead. Cowher has lost only one game out of the 108 times the Steelers have gained a lead of 11 points or more. Cowher runs the ball for most of the 2nd half after the Steelers have a lead, and in turn, skews the numbers in favor of the run, but the Steelers are not a run first team, despite popular belief.

Which is very similar to what you typed. Also, that poll is broken, only 2 guys have 1 vote apiece.

edit: I'm assuming that's you.

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh you got me, nice one! That one mistake in grammar automatically nixes all my previous statements, I now secede into defeat. I hope you didn't spent too much time combing my posts to find an error in grammar.

<BBC> Haha I sure showed him! Look Mom!

Usually, if you want to talk about how smart you obviously are because you can write multiple sentences in one reply - you should have some sort of resemblance in grammar in those posts.

Onto topics more entertaining than a grammar debate though...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=167326&postcount=32

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Interesting thread you posted. I dont venture to many NFL forums. Here's a post that is pretty true in my opinion. Coming from an Eagle fan nonetheless.

"I'd take Carson over Ben because I feel he has more upside, already produces more, and runs a far more complicated passing offense. All of this while turning a perennial loser into a playoff contender. IN only his 2nd year as a starter he led the league in Passing TD's, was 4th in passing yardage and 2nd in passer rating. Its no secret that when doing what a QB is expected to do, Palmer is head and shoulders above the rest at this point in time."

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Hey BBC are you BigBenCan7 on that forum you posted? Because one of his posts reads

That is actually a common misconception. The Steelers have a rather balanced attack in the first half, and that is what builds their leads. After Ben builds the large lead for the Steelers, Cowher does what he does best; he sits on the lead. Cowher has lost only one game out of the 108 times the Steelers have gained a lead of 11 points or more. Cowher runs the ball for most of the 2nd half after the Steelers have a lead, and in turn, skews the numbers in favor of the run, but the Steelers are not a run first team, despite popular belief.

Which is very similar to what you typed. Also, that poll is broken, only 2 guys have 1 vote apiece.

edit: I'm assuming that's you.

Yes it is. That argument has never ceased to prove that Ben hardly relies on the run. If it ain't broke (as I said before, something obviously went wrong with the poll, I'd just focus on the posts)...

I've had yet to see anyone muster up a response to that argument, I'm not expecting much different from you.

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Interesting thread you posted. I dont venture to many NFL forums. Here's a post that is pretty true in my opinion. Coming from an Eagle fan nonetheless.

"I'd take Carson over Ben because I feel he has more upside, already produces more, and runs a far more complicated passing offense. All of this while turning a perennial loser into a playoff contender. IN only his 2nd year as a starter he led the league in Passing TD's, was 4th in passing yardage and 2nd in passer rating. Its no secret that when doing what a QB is expected to do, Palmer is head and shoulders above the rest at this point in time."

I never doubted some would take Carson over Ben. Show me that 85% of the non-Steeler/Bengal fans took Carson though.

I don't think you'll be able to do so.

I'd stop trying to sweep everything under the rug, people may begin to notice. Explain to me again how all Ben did was hand the ball off?

wildjames
10-28-2006, 11:45 PM
I never doubted some would take Carson over Ben. Show me that 85% of the non-Steeler/Bengal fans took Carson though.

I don't think you'll be able to do so.

I'd stop trying to sweep everything under the rug, people may begin to notice. Explain to me again how all Ben did was hand the ball off?

Actually I am going to respond to your other post. You told me to read the posts since the poll was broken, so I did. And again, this is just going off the 3 pages of posts I read, but I dont remember seeing but one guy take Ben who wasnt a Steeler fan, obviously showing his team in his signature and or username. Almost everyone who chose Carson in the posts were non Bengal fans. Also the guys post that read:

See, that?s not quite the same. Ratios and percentages are a quantitative figure that measures what they?ve done with their opportunities, and in essence presumes all others equal. If I had said Palmer threw for more TDs, yards, etc? then you would have a point. Furthermore, in no way am I using Palmers injury isn?t meant to discredit Roethlisbergers? ring so don?t get it twisted (not you specifically, but anyone who reads this in general). However, what I am saying is that in comparing Palmer and Roethlisberger, it isn?t fair to say ?Roethlisberger is better than Palmer because he has a ring? because frankly, Palmer never had that opportunity. He did everything he was suppose to do to get his team into position and his opportunity was taken away from him.

Again, this is not to discredit the Steelers superbowl run, it?s just a point that I?m making in that when comparing the two QBs, it isn?t fair to use the Superbowl as a measuring tool when one guy lead his team to the playoffs and didn?t have the opportunity to lose.

Ask yourself this, if Roethlisberger had got hurt and the Bengals wound up beating the steelers and went on to win the Superbowl, would that alone have made Palmer better than Roethlisberger?"

You never responded to this well put post, and it wasn't as if you didnt respond anymore to that thread, you began talking about something else in the thread, totally ingoring that post. Which is very true.

BBC
10-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Actually I am going to respond to your other post. You told me to read the posts since the poll was broken, so I did. And again, this is just going off the 3 pages of posts I read, but I dont remember seeing but one guy take Ben who wasnt a Steeler fan, obviously showing his team in his signature and or username. Almost everyone who chose Carson in the posts were non Bengal fans.

Well, from what I see...

A Bucs fan, Browns fan, and Giants fan took Ben.

A Titans fan, Patriots fan, Eagles fan, and LA fan took Carson.

So 4/7 took Carson. Not exaclty 85% as you assumed would be the results in your previous post.

Also the guys post that read:

See, that?s not quite the same. Ratios and percentages are a quantitative figure that measures what they?ve done with their opportunities, and in essence presumes all others equal. If I had said Palmer threw for more TDs, yards, etc? then you would have a point. Furthermore, in no way am I using Palmers injury isn?t meant to discredit Roethlisbergers? ring so don?t get it twisted (not you specifically, but anyone who reads this in general). However, what I am saying is that in comparing Palmer and Roethlisberger, it isn?t fair to say ?Roethlisberger is better than Palmer because he has a ring? because frankly, Palmer never had that opportunity. He did everything he was suppose to do to get his team into position and his opportunity was taken away from him.

Again, this is not to discredit the Steelers superbowl run, it?s just a point that I?m making in that when comparing the two QBs, it isn?t fair to use the Superbowl as a measuring tool when one guy lead his team to the playoffs and didn?t have the opportunity to lose.

Ask yourself this, if Roethlisberger had got hurt and the Bengals wound up beating the steelers and went on to win the Superbowl, would that alone have made Palmer better than Roethlisberger?"

You never responded to this well put post, and it wasn't as if you didnt respond anymore to that thread, you began talking about something else in the thread, totally ingoring that post. Which is very true.

I didn't respond to that post because it hardly had anything to do with my reasoning. I don't believe Ben is a better quarterback because he is a ring. Winning that ring is a team effort, and I think it's something that helps Ben's case, but hardly is something that would cement him being better than Carson.

I wouldn't even say Ben is better than Carson, nor would I say Carson is better than Ben. It's too hard for me to tell right now. What I had a problem with, and is the only reason I even entered this thread, is you claiming that Ben only had to hand the ball off last season. It seems even you would admit that point was invalid, as you haven't touched on it since I replied to it. You have rather tried to send this chat into a completely other direction. It's a common technique (mostly from trolls) that Tony Hipchest would call 'deflecting' but unfortunately for you, I've seen it enough.

augustashark
10-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I "hit" your cousin while I was at Miami U, two words to pass along.

SUMMER'S EVE!

wildjames
10-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, from what I see...

A Bucs fan, Browns fan, and Giants fan took Ben.

A Titans fan, Patriots fan, Eagles fan, and LA fan took Carson.

So 4/7 took Carson. Not exaclty 85% as you assumed would be the results in your previous post.

I didn't respond to that post because it hardly had anything to do with my reasoning. I don't believe Ben is a better quarterback because he is a ring. Winning that ring is a team effort, and I think it's something that helps Ben's case, but hardly is something that would cement him being better than Carson.

I wouldn't even say Ben is better than Carson, nor would I say Carson is better than Ben. It's too hard for me to tell right now. What I had a problem with, and is the only reason I even entered this thread, is you claiming that Ben only had to hand the ball off last season. It seems even you would admit that point was invalid, as you haven't touched on it since I replied to it. You have rather tried to send this chat into a completely other direction. It's a common technique (mostly from trolls) that Tony Hipchest would call 'deflecting' but unfortunately for you, I've seen it enough.

I'm sorry if you can't understand exaggeration. You are right, Ben's teams would get up and then go into shutdown mode, good old Bill Cowher football. And then Ben would be asked to not make mistakes, and primarly hand the ball off or make short throws to negate changes of making mistakes, which he did. Well congratulations, but nobody cares about that kind of football besides Steeler fans. I 100% disagree when people say that if Ben and Carson's situations were reversed, the same things would've happened. Ben could not handle a complex passing scheme based offensive based on timings and big play wide receivers. He can't read defenses like Carson, nor does he have as strong or accurate of an arm. Do I have 100% concrete, indisputable, unable to be questioned evidence of this? Nope, just an opinion.

Also, I used the 85 out of 100 poll scenarion to demonstrate a situation which is ALOT MORE than 7 people. You can't get a valid assumption from the few people on that forum, hell you could barely do that with 100, but it's a hell of alot better than the few people who responded to that thread in the first place. I really wish espn.com would do a poll, Who is the better skilled quarterback, because it shows who votes what from which state. I'll just do Illinois and west, to avoid as much bias as possible, I still believe Carson would get in the 80's percent range, again just my opinion.

edit: Oh and that post has about 3 grammar errors that I see, alert the Grammar Police Chief BBC!

Preacher
10-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Well that's fine then, ask 100 people who aren't fans of either team who they think is the more skilled quarterback, and I'll bet that 85 choose Carson. And the only reason I pasted that link is showing an example that's without heresay that people outside of Steeler fans don't think that highly of Ben. Of course he won you a Superbowl, so he's Big Ben, the god of all quarterbacks. Let's see how he does the next 5 years, that's saying he lasts another 5, which is doubtful, and compare his stats/achievements to other various quarterbacks ok? I think you think I'm trying to sway Steeler fans opinion on Ben, it's more like I laugh at it, and the only think I'd like you to understand is that outside of Steeler fans, nobody really gives a shit about him, and most people think he's an overrated, whiney, attention seeking, PITY ME PITY ME!, quarterback.

So sad. I used to see this kind of thing all the time... but it was when I was a youth pastor. One kid got a shiny new toy... and then when someone else got one that was newer/better/could do something else (like win a superbowl), the first kid would resort to talking it down.. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT IT SUCKS... EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT IT WILL BREAK SOON... EVERYBODY....

Seriously... Please... be an adult.

wildjames
10-29-2006, 01:17 AM
So sad. I used to see this kind of thing all the time... but it was when I was a youth pastor. One kid got a shiny new toy... and then when someone else got one that was newer/better/could do something else (like win a superbowl), the first kid would resort to talking it down.. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT IT SUCKS... EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT IT WILL BREAK SOON... EVERYBODY....

Seriously... Please... be an adult.

...yeah. Anyway. Wow, my idiot shield is breaking down for the night, having to deal with thread crapper after thread crapper. Good one buddy, you can join the rest of the 1 post wonders in this thread and thump your chest at how bad you just dissed me. It will make your 2-4 team and amazing, hall of fame quarterback seem that much greater to you. Congratulations.

BBC
10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry if you can't understand exaggeration.

No, I understood the exaggeration. You wanted to claim that Ben relied heavily on the team around him (the one that was always playing around with the QB carasoul before Ben came, and the one that was fresh off a 6-10 season). I let you know how wrong that assumption was. If I felt you truly believed that Ben only handed the ball off, I wouldn't have even bothered to respond to you.

You are right

Well, it's about time you've seen the light.

I 100% disagree when people say that if Ben and Carson's situations were reversed, the same things would've happened. Ben could not handle a complex passing scheme based offensive based on timings and big play wide receivers. He can't read defenses like Carson, nor does he have as strong or accurate of an arm. Do I have 100% concrete, indisputable, unable to be questioned evidence of this? Nope, just an opinion.

And what exactly are you basing this off of? Surely not Ben's performances when he has had to do all of those things.

Also, I used the 85 out of 100 poll scenarion to demonstrate a situation which is ALOT MORE than 7 people. You can't get a valid assumption from the few people on that forum, hell you could barely do that with 100, but it's a hell of alot better than the few people who responded to that thread in the first place. I really wish espn.com would do a poll, Who is the better skilled quarterback, because it shows who votes what from which state. I'll just do Illinois and west, to avoid as much bias as possible, I still believe Carson would get in the 80's percent range, again just my opinion.

Right, so 7 people can't reflect what every fan out there thinks, but one man's quarterback ranking can.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I'll just do Illinois and west, to avoid as much bias as possible,

Good Idea...I'm from Normal Illinois..I vote Ben!!!:dang: :dang:

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:07 AM

93.5>90.3

You are so dillusional it isnt even funny... This is the most pathetic thread I have seen in awhile.. Laughable even

You smacked me by calling me mildjames? You do know this is a smack talk forum right? lol. And what are you talking about me asking my cousin out? Wow... good one.

Next time try a bit harder to create humour, that was pathetic, "dingo", lmao.
Give it up James.. Let them believe their plastic faced, hurt thumbkin, tennis elbow having, unable to ride a motorcycle, broken toe having, 108 degree fever whinning QB is better than the future hall of famer.. Carson Palmer..

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Oh good..Brian is here to give thought without basis...opinion without proof...Whew!...I was wondering who was going to fill THAT void.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 09:15 AM
In the spirit of halloween ...Lets scare the Been-gals fans.....ready?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: KIMO!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

HometownGal
10-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Give it up James.. Let them believe their plastic faced, hurt thumbkin, tennis elbow having, unable to ride a motorcycle, broken toe having, 108 degree fever whinning QB is better than the future hall of famer.. Carson Palmer..

As it presently stands right now, our plastic faced, hurt thumbkin, tennis elbow having, unable to ride a motorcycle, broken toe having, 108 degree fever winning QB is one step ahead of Carson Palmer in that regard. Seems to me that most HOF QBs have at least ONE SB ring. How many does Carson have, hmmm? :toofunny:

Stillers#1
10-29-2006, 10:14 AM
You are so dillusional it isnt even funny... This is the most pathetic thread I have seen in awhile.. Laughable even

This is coming from the guy who swore up and down before the season that Rudi was better than Willie. To think, I actually agreed with you. Dude, even though we lost last week, you know it, and I know it, we are back. It doesn't matter who is at QB for us right now. Our reciever's are catching pretty much everything thrown their way, and Willie is running like a mad man. You are going to be one sad little monkey come New Year's, I promise you this.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 10:23 AM
As it presently stands right now, our plastic faced, hurt thumbkin, tennis elbow having, unable to ride a motorcycle, broken toe having, 108 degree fever winning QB is one step ahead of Carson Palmer in that regard. Seems to me that most HOF QBs have at least ONE SB ring. How many does Carson have, hmmm? :toofunny:

Good point Hometown...how about Carson win at least one PLAYOFF game before start making his HOF bust...at this point we would have to carve it out of :poop:

MACH1
10-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Like I said before they dont hand out trophies to WANNA BE'S.
A team must actually earn them, not get their ass's handed to them and then go on tv and whine about still being the better team, when your going fishing for the rest of the year.
:sign09: :sign01:
:champs:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Like I said before they dont hand out trophies to WANNA BE'S.
A team must actually earn them, not get their ass's handed to them and then go on tv and whine about still being the better team, when your going fishing for the rest of the year.
:sign09: :sign01:
:champs:

LOL..I KNOW where Ben was all through the playoffs and the Superbowl...I wonder if Brian knows where Carson was.

could he have been... :couch:?

MACH1
10-29-2006, 11:07 AM
LOL..I KNOW where Ben was all through the playoffs and the Superbowl...I wonder if Brian knows where Carson was.

could he have been... :couch:?

on the :couch: :crying02: :crutches:

tony hipchest
10-29-2006, 11:29 AM
You are so dillusional it isnt even funny... This is the most pathetic thread I have seen in awhile.. Laughable even..

Originally Posted by tony hipchest

93.5>90.3

holy shit are you retarded.

tony hipchest
10-29-2006, 11:45 AM

if this is pretty true in your opinion, its time to put your money where your mouth is. i am under the belief that you didnt give much thought about football until the bengals started winning. i think your football knowledge is minimal. so why dont you break down the quote in bold and explain the difference between the steelers passing offense and the bengals passing offense and what makes one so much more complicated than the other.

and for your bonus question why dont you tell us who bob bratkowski is, what is his position with the bengals and what team he was a position coach with before joining the bengals.

feel free to confer with your cousin if you think that will help.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2006, 11:55 AM
holy shit are you retarded.

Hey C'mon Tony,...why confuse people with facts!!!:dang: :dang:

tony hipchest
10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey C'mon Tony,...why confuse people with facts!!!:dang: :dang:you mean facts like noodleknee palmer can only muster up 266 yards and 2 td's ( with a 55yd td scored in desperation garbage time) against the falcons, whereas ben shredded them for about that much in a little over 2 quarters of play.

if Caution were so good he shouldve easilly had 400 yds and the win.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh good..Brian is here to give thought without basis...opinion without proof...Whew!...I was wondering who was going to fill THAT void.
Proof.. 4 interceptions..

Care you retract this statement now?? lol

This is coming from the guy who swore up and down before the season that Rudi was better than Willie. To think, I actually agreed with you. Dude, even though we lost last week, you know it, and I know it, we are back. It doesn't matter who is at QB for us right now. Our reciever's are catching pretty much everything thrown their way, and Willie is running like a mad man. You are going to be one sad little monkey come New Year's, I promise you this.
You will be back? Or you will be playing our backups as we prepare for the playoffs? Cause I dont think we will have to worry about you there this year

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Another GREAT showing of Big Ben this week.. When will the madness stop.. That guy is awesome

:rolleyes:

stillers4me
10-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Another GREAT showing of Big Ben this week.. When will the madness stop.. That guy is awesome

:rolleyes:

So when's the last time the great Carson Palmer lead his glorious team to the SuperBowl???? You'll never, ever even begin to catch up.........the Steelers had to hire an extra department just to keep the trophies dusted.

It's so cute how you keep coming here......you guys want to be us soooooooo bad.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 08:26 PM
So when's the last time the great Carson Palmer lead his glorious team to the SuperBowl???? You'll never, ever even begin to catch up.........the Steelers had to hire an extra department just to keep the trophies dusted.

It's so cute how you keep coming here......you guys want to be us soooooooo bad.

Yea.. We want to lose to the Raiders and go 2-5

You caught me..

Tell the Browns we said hi as they pass you up

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Happen to catch Their week 9 opponent? how about San Diego. Oh and Denver will have a tough time with us at home. (Because that's where we win games)

wildjames
10-29-2006, 10:38 PM
And of course I was right. All your stupid ass comments about how great Ben is just got totally smacked down when he LOST THE GAME to the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. What a pathetic, overrated piece of garbage. He lost a game to a team that didn't even have 100 yards of total offense, or barely above that. That's absolutely pathetic. He lost to a guy named Andrew Walter. Wow. I laughed my ass off watching their pathetic asses lose. The Bengals lose a game by 2 points to a great player and team, and the Steelers lose to...the Raiders. :sofunny:

Ben is going to make GREAT ratings on ESPN Classic with "How a QB goes from the top to the bottom in the fastest decline in NFL history", or perhaps "A big dumbass from the MAC, a short history"

Oh, and you lost to the Raiders, lol.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2006, 11:16 PM
And of course I was right. All your stupid ass comments about how great Ben is just got totally smacked down when he LOST THE GAME to the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. What a pathetic, overrated piece of garbage. He lost a game to a team that didn't even have 100 yards of total offense, or barely above that. That's absolutely pathetic. He lost to a guy named Andrew Walter. Wow. I laughed my ass off watching their pathetic asses lose. The Bengals lose a game by 2 points to a great player and team, and the Steelers lose to...the Raiders. :sofunny:

Ben is going to make GREAT ratings on ESPN Classic with "How a QB goes from the top to the bottom in the fastest decline in NFL history", or perhaps "A big dumbass from the MAC, a short history"

Oh, and you lost to the Raiders, lol.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Hey wildjames it doesn't matter if the Bengals lost to a great QB or not. They still lost you tool. Wow bragging about a loss. You must lead a very sad life. Oh and Vick is far from great. He has played two really games the past two weeks and people want to put him in the Hall of Fame.

wildjames
10-29-2006, 11:25 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Hey wildjames it doesn't matter if the Bengals lost to a great QB or not. They still lost you tool. Wow bragging about a loss. You must lead a very sad life. Oh and Vick is far from great. He has played two really games the past two weeks and people want to put him in the Hall of Fame.

I wasn't bragging about a loss, I was saying it's alot more easily understood than why the Steelers lost. Or should I put it, why Ben lost.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I wasn't bragging about a loss, I was saying it's alot more easily understood than why the Steelers lost. Or should I put it, why Ben lost.

You made your point that Ben played like crap today. Now go away.

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Go fix the problems at your own house before you come over here and point out ours. Ben and company knows how it feels to be champions........the Bengals just suck. The Steelers and thier fans know how to win and how to lose, we've been both places before and will be both places again............The Bengals just know how to be losers........and bad ones to boot.

Now go away.......we have trophies to dust..........and you have parole meetings to get to.

Stillers#1
10-30-2006, 04:19 PM
You will be back? Or you will be playing our backups as we prepare for the playoffs? Cause I dont think we will have to worry about you there this year

Ummm and how exactly are you planning on making it into the playoffs? If you don't win out, you sure as hell won't be in any posotion to win a wild card. You will be playing your starters in Week 17, and you will have a whole bucketful of excuses when you lose.

BengalBrian
10-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Ummm and how exactly are you planning on making it into the playoffs? If you don't win out, you sure as hell won't be in any posotion to win a wild card. You will be playing your starters in Week 17, and you will have a whole bucketful of excuses when you lose.

I dont know we will make it.. But I am pretty sure our chances are better than yours.. If we beat Baltimore we are tied with the tiebreaker advantage for now.. I really dont think we need to win out.. This division isnt as strong as it was last year and its more spread out as well.. At this point, I wouldnt be surprised to see 10 games win the division...

tony hipchest
10-31-2006, 09:49 AM
if this is pretty true in your opinion, its time to put your money where your mouth is. i am under the belief that you didnt give much thought about football until the bengals started winning. i think your football knowledge is minimal. so why dont you break down the quote in bold and explain the difference between the steelers passing offense and the bengals passing offense and what makes one so much more complicated than the other.

and for your bonus question why dont you tell us who bob bratkowski is, what is his position with the bengals and what team he was a position coach with before joining the bengals.

feel free to confer with your cousin if you think that will help.mildjames i will take you ignoring this serious question as an admission that you really dont know much and are just talking out your ass when you post.

or are you still waiting for your cousin to provide an answer.

your lame brand of smack is cute and all, but when you try to actually use football related info to support your misguided points, be prepared to back it up or else you just look weak. and i will be sure to call you on it. just ask bengalbrain

BengalBrian
11-01-2006, 07:46 AM
mildjames i will take you ignoring this serious question as an admission that you really dont know much and are just talking out your ass when you post.

your lame brand of smack is cute and all, but when you try to actually use football related info to support your misguided points, be prepared to back it up or else you just look weak. and i will be sure to call you on it. just ask bengalbrain

Just ignore most of what he says james... He thinks he can smack but its really usually quite pathetic..

Stillers#1
11-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Just ignore most of what he says james... He thinks he can smack but its really usually quite pathetic..

Speaking of pathetic, it's almost like Brian doesn't want me to have to be original, his posts always seem to be autobiographical.

wildjames
11-01-2006, 10:03 AM
mildjames i will take you ignoring this serious question as an admission that you really dont know much and are just talking out your ass when you post.

That's funny coming from a guy whose 90% of his smack is calling someone names and making up jokes instead of actually talking about football. Let's see, do I own the teams playbooks bony hipchest <----- LOL look at me! I'll just replace football smack talk by calling you a name? See, I replaced the first letter in your name with another to spell out another word, thus making all future posts of yours invalid and meaningless. I'm glad I thought that up, everyone is going to think I'm so cool for doing that. You should try it! Oh wait...Anyway, you see, Carson Palmer is a more skilled quarterback than Ben, as are there wide receivers are better than Pitt's. On the show NFL matchup a couple weeks ago, the guys were talking about how complex the Bengals passing schemes are when they are at full strength, saying it's as detailed as it gets besides maybe the Colts routes. And this week they talk about how Ben needs to go back to his rookie year self making small little throws because right now he can't fit balls into little windows and make big throws, because he keeps throwing the ball to the other team. Good enough analogy for me. Thanks for calling me on that bony hipchest, oh man that's so awesome and hilarious! Oh wait, it's actually pathetic. Anyway thanks for the reply buttercup, dingo...hrm what was your other one? I'd like to paste what a couple of your fellow Steeler fans are saying about you to me in private message, but it's more fun to keep that a secret. Have fun thinking up your next witty response!

wildjames
11-01-2006, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up Brian. Watch out though, he may call you a dingo or a buttercup. You've been warned.

tony hipchest
11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
That's funny coming from a guy whose 90% of his smack is calling someone names and making up jokes instead of actually talking about football. Let's see, do I own the teams playbooks bony hipchest <----- LOL look at me! I'll just replace football smack talk by calling you a name? See, I replaced the first letter in your name with another to spell out another word, thus making all future posts of yours invalid and meaningless. I'm glad I thought that up, everyone is going to think I'm so cool for doing that. You should try it! Oh wait...Anyway, you see, Carson Palmer is a more skilled quarterback than Ben, as are there wide receivers are better than Pitt's. On the show NFL matchup a couple weeks ago, the guys were talking about how complex the Bengals passing schemes are when they are at full strength, saying it's as detailed as it gets besides maybe the Colts routes. And this week they talk about how Ben needs to go back to his rookie year self making small little throws because right now he can't fit balls into little windows and make big throws, because he keeps throwing the ball to the other team. Good enough analogy for me. Thanks for calling me on that bony hipchest, oh man that's so awesome and hilarious! Oh wait, it's actually pathetic. Anyway thanks for the reply buttercup, dingo...hrm what was your other one? I'd like to paste what a couple of your fellow Steeler fans are saying about you to me in private message, but it's more fun to keep that a secret. Have fun thinking up your next witty response!

while nfl matchup is a good source you still havent explained how having more skilled wr's makes the scheme more complex. the complex part is keeping them out of jail.

and looking back at carsons and bens most recent common opponents (atl and kc) ben has shown he is just as skilled as carson. a year younger too.

you must be stumped on bob bratkowski. or maybe youre just taking brains advice. ill check back in a few days (after this weeks airing of nfl matchup) and see if you come up with something.

seems like youre a little sensitive about being a dingo.

I'm also quite humored by the moron fans in the regular Pittsburgh Steelers forum section

so bens a douche and the fans on this board are morons huh? (see post #1 in this thread) very mild and very tame james. called out once again. get used to it.

anyways your assignment for this weekend is bob bratkowski

floodcitygirl
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
the complex part is keeping them out of jail.

:chuckle:

Tony....it looks like BB might be getting a little jealous with the attention that you're showing "Mildjames". You might want to throw a little "buttercup" his way. :wink02:

wildjames
11-01-2006, 12:20 PM
while nfl matchup is a good source you still havent explained how having more skilled wr's makes the scheme more complex. the complex part is keeping them out of jail.

and looking back at carsons and bens most recent common opponents (atl and kc) ben has shown he is just as skilled as carson. a year younger too.

you must be stumped on bob bratkowski. or maybe youre just taking brains advice. ill check back in a few days (after this weeks airing of nfl matchup) and see if you come up with something.

seems like youre a little sensitive about being a dingo.

so bens a douche and the fans on this board are morons huh? (see post #1 in this thread) very mild and very tame james. called out once again. get used to it.

anyways your assignment for this weekend is bob bratkowski

The BB question has nothing to do with this thread. And I'll take troublemaker Chris Henry, our 3rd wide receiver, over your first one any day. That's the sad part. Boy, Santonio Holmes sure has worked out for you this year hasn't he? It's usually a good thing if you have more than 1 decent wide receiver in this league. A decent quarterback helps too.

I also find it humorous how you try to get me to reply to every question you ask me, yet nobody has said a single thing about Ben's making up stories to get pity from the media and fans, as I stated in my first post. One of the original points of this entire thread you haven't even touched, gee I wonder why? Oh, and let's see how Carson does against Oakland, and we'll have another common opponent to compare to, deal?

wildjames
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh and congratulations tony hipchest, one of the first posts you ever sent my way that included more than 1 sentence about football. It's cute to see you growing up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
That's the sad part. Boy, Santonio Holmes sure has worked out for you this year hasn't he?

Santonio's numbers are significantly better than Odell Thurmans:dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

wildjames
11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Santonio's numbers are significantly better than Odell Thurmans:dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

What round did Odell get drafted in again? And what round did SH get drafted in? And what round did Chris Henry get drafted in? Let's see, Chris Henry got drafted in the 3rd round from a much weaker college football program than Holmes did, who came in the FIRST round. Chris Henry, off the field problems aside, is a much bigger playmaker than Holmes will ever dream of being, out of the THIRD round. I dont give a crap about Odell Thurman. Thats why you get more than 1 draft pick. We also got Ahmed Brooks in the supplemental draft, who is playing as well as Odell did in his first couple games. Santonio Holmes is going to end up being another first round pick who can't do anything but return kicks, nice pick guys!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2006, 12:50 PM
What round did Odell get drafted in again? And what round did SH get drafted in? And what round did Chris Henry get drafted in? Let's see, Chris Henry got drafted in the 3rd round from a much weaker college football program than Holmes did, who came in the FIRST round. Chris Henry, off the field problems aside, is a much bigger playmaker than Holmes will ever dream of being, out of the THIRD round. I dont give a crap about Odell Thurman. Thats why you get more than 1 draft pick. We also got Ahmed Brooks in the supplemental draft, who is playing as well as Odell did in his first couple games. Santonio Holmes is going to end up being another first round pick who can't do anything but return kicks, nice pick guys!

Against my policy to try and talk football with people who know nothing about the subject...let me talk slow and use small words..

If you look at how the Steelers traditionally draft..we pick up players and bring them along...(you see..our players LEARN from our coaches..not take swings at them) Thats why we have Hines who was picked up in the 4th round who has become one of the best WR in the league. That is going to be the case with Holmes.

Unlike some teams who draft players who can barely read the playbook, and who end up suspended or incarcerated (...try to understand that part...you dont play..you dont contribute)...we have the ability to bring players along. Perhaps this accounts for the wide descrepency between our history ..and that of say...the Bengals.

Perhaps thats why your current rate...it will take you 45 years to win the amount of playoff games that we won ..JUST LAST YEAR!!!

'nuff said...bu-by

wildjames
11-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Against my policy to try and talk football with people who know nothing about the subject...let me talk slow and use small words..

If you look at how the Steelers traditionally draft..we pick up players and bring them along...(you see..our players LEARN from our coaches..not take swings at them) Thats why we have Hines who was picked up in the 4th round who has become one of the best WR in the league. That is going to be the case with Holmes.

Unlike some teams who draft players who can barely read the playbook, and who end up suspended or incarcerated (...try to understand that part...you dont play..you dont contribute)...we have the ability to bring players along. Perhaps this accounts for the wide descrepency between our history ..and that of say...the Bengals.

Perhaps thats why your current rate...it will take you 45 years to win the amount of playoff games that we won ..JUST LAST YEAR!!!

'nuff said...bu-by

Yeah, the Bengals don't know anything about using later round draft picks.

Rd Players Name Position College Sel #
1st Justin Smith DE Missouri 4
2nd Chad Johnson WR Oregon State 36
3rd Sean Brewer TE San Jose State 66
4th Rudi Johnson RB Auburn 100
5th Victor Leyva G Arizona State 135
6th Riall Johnson LB Stanford 168
7th T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR Oregon State 204

Wow, nice year eh? Oh, and Ward is far from the best WR in the league. Oh and your same argument can be used for Carson Palmer. He didn't start for quite awhile compared to most highly touted college quarterbacks, (Leinart, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Ben, Carr). There's one exception in Peyton Manning, but that guy is just a freak. Yet Carson actually is one of the best at his position in the league.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the Bengals don't know anything about using later round draft picks.

Rd Players Name Position College Sel #
1st Justin Smith DE Missouri 4
2nd Chad Johnson WR Oregon State 36
3rd Sean Brewer TE San Jose State 66
4th Rudi Johnson RB Auburn 100
5th Victor Leyva G Arizona State 135
6th Riall Johnson LB Stanford 168
7th T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR Oregon State 204

Wow, nice year eh? Oh, and Ward is far from the best WR in the league. Oh and your same argument can be used for Carson Palmer. He didn't start for quite awhile compared to most highly touted college quarterbacks, (Leinart, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Ben, Carr). There's one exception in Peyton Manning, but that guy is just a freak. Yet Carson actually is one of the best at his position in the league.

..hmmm..you failed to comment on the fact that numerous players have been arrested or suspended...you state that Hines isnt the best WR when I clearly stated one of the best...and you failed to comment on the reality of it taking 45 years for you to reach our one years total of playoff wins
....selective reading must be Cincy educational requirement!:sofunny: :sofunny:

BBC
11-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Anyway, you see, Carson Palmer is a more skilled quarterback than Ben,

Well, since you said so, it must be the truth :rolleyes:

Just like Ben relied on the run his first two seasons in the league, right?

as are there wide receivers are better than Pitt's.

So Carson has more talented weapons for him to throw to, and that somehow makes him better than Ben?

On the show NFL matchup a couple weeks ago, the guys were talking about how complex the Bengals passing schemes are when they are at full strength, saying it's as detailed as it gets besides maybe the Colts routes. And this week they talk about how Ben needs to go back to his rookie year self making small little throws because right now he can't fit balls into little windows and make big throws, because he keeps throwing the ball to the other team.

Oh! The guys on NFL Network said it! While much more credible than you, it still proves absolutely nothing.

Chris Henry, off the field problems aside, is a much bigger playmaker than Holmes will ever dream of being, out of the THIRD round.

Off the field problems aside? You could probably put them aside if it didn't cause him to miss half of the season. Sorry, those 'off the field problems' are a huge factor when looking at how much of a success Chris is, considering this season he has produced less for the Bengals in his second season than Santonio has for the Steelers in his rookie season.

CantStop85
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Sorry, those 'off the field problems' are a huge factor when looking at how much of a success Chris is, considering this season he has produced less for the Bengals in his second season than Santonio has for the Steelers in his rookie season.
I would tend to disagree.

Chris Henry: 4 games, 16 receptions, 258 yards, 3 TD's, 64.5 Y/G
Santonio Holmes: 7 games, 16 receptions, 265 yards, 0 TD's, 37.9 Y/G

Same amount of receptions, 7 less yards, 3 more TD's, and almost twice as many yards per game...I think Henry's holding his own regardless of his missed games.

BBC
11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I would tend to disagree.

Chris Henry: 4 games, 16 receptions, 258 yards, 3 TD's, 64.5 Y/G
Santonio Holmes: 7 games, 16 receptions, 265 yards, 0 TD's, 37.9 Y/G

Same amount of receptions, 7 less yards, 3 more TD's, and almost twice as many yards per game...I think Henry's holding his own regardless of his missed games.

Had the reason for Chris missing games not been because he is a criminal, then you probably could have used the missed games as an excuse. Unfortunately, that criminal record comes with the package of Chris Henry.

BTW, Santonio has 707 total yards. I'd take that over Chris' 258 total yards any day.

CantStop85
11-01-2006, 09:07 PM
BTW, Santonio has 707 total yards. I'd take that over Chris' 258 total yards any day.
Yeah, the majority of those 707 being kick return yards with exactly 0 TD's to show for them.

BBC
11-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Yeah, the majority of those 707 being kick return yards with exactly 0 TD's to show for them.

He doesn't need to score touchdowns on those returns to have an impact. He sets the Steelers offense up in position to score them.

As it stands, Santonio has produced nearly three times the amount of yardage that Chris has, with one less year of experience under his belt. I think it's pretty obvious who is making more of an impact for his team.

Stillers#1
11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Chris Henry has a bigger impact on the hymen of underage girls then he does catching balls for th bungles.

CantStop85
11-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I think it's pretty obvious who is making more of an impact for his team.
Damnit...you got me...Santonio Holmes has made a HUGE contribution to the Steelers 2-5 record. How many fumbles does he have now? 3, 4?

BBC
11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Damnit...you got me...Santonio Holmes has made a HUGE contribution to the Steelers 2-5 record. How many fumbles does he have now? 3, 4?

He's made much more of a contribution to a 2-5 team than Henry has to a 4-3 team. I'm not exactly sure what Santonio has to do with Ben throwing two touchdowns to the other team, but I'm sure you'll try to find someway to put that on him :rolleyes:

He's lost one fumble this season.

Stillers#1
11-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Chris Henry has a bigger impact on the hymen of underage girls then he does catching balls for th bungles.

I give you guys gold, and it is ignored.....sigh.

ricksteelers55
11-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Hey Wildjames I have questions for you....How many superbowl in Cincy? How many 100 receiving yds games against the steelers for Chad? How many Bungles in jail? How many cry baby fans like you in Cincy? How many ''Oh we would have won the match if Palmer was there !!!'' Yeah that's part of the crap we can hear for Bungles fans....Always the same story....Yep Ben is turning the ball over,Yeah Palmer is a better QB,but at least we won the bowl...you didnt !!! It's funny cause you claim to have what it takes to win it all...but bungles fans are like chad johnson always talkin....but you never know where they are going.By the way...Is Chad Johnson still preparing his ''Special TD Dance for his TD he was suppose to make against the Steelers since 2003'' ???

Is the Paul Brown Stadium going to be rename the Paul Brown High Detention Center?

And I think you bungles fans are F$@$?@ ****y for ppl who are cheering for a 14 yrs playoffs virgin team

WHO DEY ???? WE DEY

PALMER...CRACKKKKKKKK HE'S INJUREDDDDDD

stlrtruck
11-03-2006, 07:23 AM
What did Palmer do his first two years in the NFL? Sit the bench
What did Roethlisberger do his first two years in the NFL? AFC North Champs and AFC Championship game - year two Super Bowl
You want to talk about what the QBs are doing fine? Yep, Ben is having A bad year. How many has Carson had? All of them (LOL). Will Palmer be the next Peyton - talent all around him, records broken but NO SUPER BOWL!!!!
I'll take Big Ben any day of the week!

meanjoecoop
11-03-2006, 07:28 AM
What did Roethlisberger do his first two years in the NFL? AFC North Champs and AFC Championship game - year two Super Bowl
You want to talk about what the QBs are doing fine? Yep, Ben is having A bad year. How many has Carson had? All of them (LOL). Will Palmer be the next Peyton - talent all around him, records broken but NO SUPER BOWL!!!!

Well said bro! :thumbsup:

stillers4me
11-03-2006, 03:55 PM

Slam Dunk!!!

BengalBrian
11-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Palmer only sat one year :shrug:

Pay attention

floodcitygirl
11-04-2006, 09:08 AM

Pay attentionBut what did he do with the other? The goal is winning. Pay attention.

BengalBrian
11-04-2006, 09:23 AM
But what did he do with the other? The goal is winning. Pay attention.

yea.. because that means he sat on the bench for two years.. Good point..

not

floodcitygirl
11-04-2006, 09:58 AM
yea.. because that means he sat on the bench for two years.. Good point..

notI'm sorry that you missed the point, Brian......much like your team.

tony hipchest
11-04-2006, 10:39 AM
The BB question has nothing to do with this thread. And I'll take troublemaker Chris Henry, our 3rd wide receiver, over your first one any day. That's the sad part. Boy, Santonio Holmes sure has worked out for you this year hasn't he? It's usually a good thing if you have more than 1 decent wide receiver in this league. A decent quarterback helps too.

I also find it humorous how you try to get me to reply to every question you ask me, yet nobody has said a single thing about Ben's making up stories to get pity from the media and fans, as I stated in my first post. One of the original points of this entire thread you haven't even touched, gee I wonder why? Oh, and let's see how Carson does against Oakland, and we'll have another common opponent to compare to, deal?

anstead of dignifying any of the rubbish in your post with a response i just slammed you for posting such typical idiotic nonsense. but as you can see the one point you made having to do with x's and o's to support your point (although wrong) was almost on the verge of being worthy of a football related discussion.

unfortunately for you, you had nothing to add but a one liner you heard on tv. bob bratkowski is very pertinent to the discussion of the differences between the passing offense of the steelers and bengals, hence supporting your assertion that carson runs a far more complex one than ben.

as suspected you have nothing to add football wise, and since this is the blast furnace i will just "keep on keeping on" by blasting you any time i read any trash you post.

(bengalfans shouldnt be questionning steelers 1st round picks and throw up their class drafted by d. lebeau in 2001 as their april prowess)

hows peter warric doing? atleast he made it to a sb once he left the bengals.

Stillers#1
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM

Pay attention

Oh, sorry, I guess Ben going to the AFCCG and winning the SB in his first two years doesn't compare. Tool......