PDA

View Full Version : Do we play Ben the rest of the way at 2-5?

Big7Ben
10-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Ben just threw a THIRD interception. THIRD!!!!
Is it time to bring Batch in? I THINK SO!
What do you guys think?
Batch can turn this game around.
:helmet: HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO WOOT WOOT :helmet:

polamalufan43
10-29-2006, 06:43 PM
OMG he did? Yeah... I think it's Batch time....
Ben is good, but he just isn't the same. I'm not losing faith in him or anything, but he really needs to turn his act around.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

PirateSteeler
10-29-2006, 06:47 PM
BATCH! BATCH! BATCH! BATCH! BATCH! BATCH!

Ben has not shown us a DAMN thing since last years playoffs. He is not even practice squad material right now. He needs a year off after the crash and the concussion. IT IS PANIC TIME!

polamalufan43
10-29-2006, 06:50 PM
I think we are close to a TD... Last time i checked, I'll go check again...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

polamalufan43
10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT A TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
^^^^^ Terrible Towel Crew^^^^^^^^^^

Rush58
10-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I say rest him and get him ready for next season. The last thing we need is for impatient Steelers fans calling for Batch.

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 07:25 PM
right now I have no idea what to think but 4 pics...I say put his ass on the bench!

Man_Of_Steel
10-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Cowher will NEVER bench him. He is too stuborn to do that. He should have been benched today after the 3rd pic.

jim brown
10-29-2006, 07:29 PM
i'll be honest i don't know what to think i'm out of excuses and i'm tired of putting my head down this year!! i'm not a quitter but if were out of the running then sit him

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 07:30 PM
well at 2-5 and behind two other teams in our div. I say are chances are slim as hell....but BELIVE!!

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Will not bench Ben now - That bridge was crossed when they played him today - if you will not bench a QB after a concussion there is no excuse to bench him now. However, I unfortunately see another injury coming up - it as if this team in general and Ben in particular sold its soul to win last year.

I do think it is time to play McFadden, keep sitting Simmons, play Chukky at center and start giving Anthony Smith some PT at safety - thos season is over

54steelers
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
I say rest him and get him ready for next season. The last thing we need is for impatient Steelers fans calling for Batch.

Ben looks lost out there, can't he freakin run!!!!

PirateSteeler
10-29-2006, 07:32 PM
We are down... but not out. We still play the browns twice. We need to start which ever qb gives us the best chance to win next sunday... if its batch, then its batch... if its ben, then play him!

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Yea I was thinkin maybe Ben could have ran in that TD in the 4th to tie it but whatever

Texasfan
10-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I still say he shouldn't have started. He didn't seem ready. I say start Batch. Give ben time to heal.

Btrice
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Yea I was thinkin maybe Ben could have ran in that TD in the 4th to tie it but whatever

Exactly, I realize it was an entirely different offense back then but what the hell ever happened to our goal line QB draw play?

rdonnovan
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
We need Batch

MACH1
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
I say play him, he needs the practice.:banging:

SteelersGirlTN7
10-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Someone in the sports bar today said that the league complained to the Steelers for letting Ben play so soon .. said that they're going to have a rule in the future that you must sit 2 weeks minimum after a concussion...

dont know if thats true or not .. but its a good idea ..

benophile
10-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Why the f*** didn't they pull Ben out after INT #2?! Do all our coaches have their heads up their asses?

Mosca
10-29-2006, 08:08 PM

No way, didn't you see the linebacker on the 3 yard line mirroring his jukes?

Yeah, you play the guy. He threw 4 picks, but the loss is a team loss. The O line is playing really awful right now; we have to be able to show that we can consistently run the ball for first downs or the passing game won't ever open up. And it wasn't on Parker; there were NO holes.

I go back to that thread about the Steelers having the best O line in the NFL; whoever wrote that wasn't watching the games.

Tom

dhosmer
10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
BATCH! BATCH! BATCH! BATCH! BATCH! BATCH!

He is not even practice squad material right now.

Stop. Please.

X-Terminator
10-29-2006, 08:31 PM
At this point, you really don't have a choice - you have to let him play the rest of the season, barring another injury, God forbid. Someone said that the decision was made to put him in no matter what when he took the field tonight, and they're right. It's too late to go back now.

PisnNapalm
10-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Ben is my guy, but I do think Batch should have played today. Ben's head needed another week to heal from getting knocked the **** out.

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I still say he shouldn't have started. He didn't seem ready. I say start Batch. Give ben time to heal.

Big Time! Big Ben is not healed up enough to the point where he is mentally ready. He wasn't there. I think start Batch. Just to give him time to heal at least.

DoctorJanSteelerFan
10-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Last week I was saying, SAVE BEN. START BATCH. Mostly for medical/psychological reasons.

Now, I'm saying: BATCH OR BUST. Charlie could be just the shot in the arm this team needs right now. Maybe we could get the message to Cowher, etc by having Steeler Nation put up signs in their windows and on their cars everywhere. Let's get another shot to the Superbowl with a good team (even if far from perfect).

BATCH OR BUST.

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2006, 08:09 AM
The official party line from the Steelers (Cowher and players) is that Ben simply had a horrible game and was physically ready to play.

I have my doubts about that but, if so, it raises its own questions about his horrible decision making after he appeared to have found himself in teh atlanta and KC games.

It appears Ben will be playing until he gets hurt again. This season now becomes a building experience for next year (and hopefully ruining the Ravens season by beating them twice). Part of that should involve getting Ben back to moving out of the pocket and occassionally running with the ball - if the fear is he will get hit if he returns to his 2004-05 style then he should sit.