PDA

View Full Version : When is this going to stop???

Paul Pyrch
10-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Pathetic! Pathetic! Pathetic! To lose to a 1-5 team that didn't even break 100 total yds. I'm sorry but the Steelers looked like deer in headlights. What a poor effort!

Infamix
10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Eh. I wouldn't call it a poor effort more like bad coaching and turnovers

Stillers43
10-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Turnovers are the main reason why we suck right now. The second reason is inconsistency on the O-line. The third is playing a QB that is hurt physically and mentally.

rdonnovan
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Ben needs to sit......play batch

Paul Pyrch
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
:dang: I agree with the continuing turnovers, but four interceptions just doesn't make any sense at all especially against a team like the Raiders. Formations were screwed up. There were times that Ben didn't seem to have a clue. This absolutely should have been one for the win colemn.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Pathetic! Pathetic! Pathetic! To lose to a 1-5 team that didn't even break 100 total yds. I'm sorry but the Steelers looked like deer in headlights. What a poor effort!Ben's eyes looked like he was looking into headlights.

holmes
10-29-2006, 07:45 PM
We always play to the level of our opponents no matter what. Today Ben hurt us the most as well as in almost every game we lost. He is scared s***less. If HE made better decisions we would have won today. He could have fell down and scored but he stopped and threw the ball. Most of our success depends on him. Now it is time to try to a .500 year and prepare for the draft.

Paul Pyrch
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Stillers 43 is absolutely correct.....We played a QB who is physically and mentally hurt and I don't care what the doctors said. Cower should not have played Ben at all.

CT_STEELERFAN
10-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Okay Coaches, your quarterback had a major crash, an appendectomy in week one and a concussion just last week...You have a backup who has been on fire and can win this week, what will you do???
A. Give the guy some rest and play your backup
B. Be an idiot and play the guy until he's hospitalized for the season

STUPID!

It's a coaches job to do what is best for the team, regardless of Ben and his decision!
I don't blame Ben, I blame you! When the heck is Ben supposed to get some rest if by the grace of God they happened to make a playoff spot? Earlier is better and you missed it with the last two weeks! WAKE UP!:dang:

noto45
10-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I agree Cohwer hasnt done his job this year

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 08:01 PM
im lost for words

dblcolonel
10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Hold on guys first with most NFL Team the coaches don't neccessary get to make that call more and more owners are make decision and the poor coach is getting the blame. In this case I believe that this is a decision from the front office. Remeber Cowher is a former player and he is a great coach and wouldn't make a call like this. When the season is over and cowher retires he will reveal the truth.
We have blown a chance to repeat, because next season it will be a different team because we will lose alot of good player, because the owners don't want to pay.

Understand we need a big smash month running back and until we get that we are in trouble.

Also remember Ben was surrounded last year by great players who in turn made him look good. Without that he is an average quarterback at best.

MACH1
10-29-2006, 08:16 PM
One question, Why was Cower so emotionless on the sidelines????

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Eh. I wouldn't call it a poor effort more like bad coaching and turnovers

I couldn't have said it better.

blackngoldbaby
10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
One question, Why was Cower so emotionless on the sidelines????

yeah im wondering that too. theres no excitement on the sideline like there used to be there just not the same something is missing i mean i know there having trouble right now but at least show some excitement to get the team goin but theres just none of that ! I dunno about you but i miss it!

MACH1
10-29-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah im wondering that too. theres no excitement on the sideline like there used to be there just not the same something is missing i mean i know there having trouble right now but at least show some excitement to get the team goin but theres just none of that ! I dunno about you but i miss it!

yep-remember when Cower would chew someone a new a**hole for making stupid mistakes, now he just kind of stands there with his thumb up his a**.:banging:

silver & black
10-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow! This is just like being on Rf.net! Same kind of talk, just a different team.

Hang in there guys and gals... your season isn't over yet.

LeroyPhilly
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Cowher needs to do this:

Tell Ben he needs to take a week off and rest. He can tell the media that Ben's thumb hurts or something to avoid the controversy if he wants. Then, start Batch next week and play him until the real Batch is revealed. If Batch lays an egg, then put Ben back in. If Batch plays well, keep him in to send Ben a message that he needs to step up his game. I think we all know Ben is a better QB, but right now he isnt showing it. A little extra motivation might straighten him up. At this point, a QB controversy is of little concern to the prospect of not making the playoffs.

Black&Gold1978
10-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Cowher needs to do this:

Tell Ben he needs to take a week off and rest. He can tell the media that Ben's thumb hurts or something to avoid the controversy if he wants. Then, start Batch next week and play him until the real Batch is revealed. If Batch lays an egg, then put Ben back in. If Batch plays well, keep him in to send Ben a message that he needs to step up his game. I think we all know Ben is a better QB, but right now he isnt showing it. A little extra motivation might straighten him up. At this point, a QB controversy is of little concern to the prospect of not making the playoffs.

I agree- let Ben get some rest, let Batch do his stuff- see what happens:smile: