PDA

View Full Version : Who is the next head coach?

steveironcity
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Is it Russ grimm, or Ken Wisenhunt?

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Ken Wisenhunt

Mean Machine
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Whiz is the guy with the inside track...Smart coach with a great future...I am seriously in favor of lettin him be the HC...Cowher's time is over!!! Let someone new in there.

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
It may be neither - keeping Ben happy may not be as big a priority for the Rooneys as it was before the season started.

At some point we will start hearing WTF has happened and the coaches may take their lumps. Would be interested in knowing where Whiz has been on the issues of: Ben's preseason reps; Ben playing against Jax; and Ben playing today. I bet the Rooneys know.

noto45
10-29-2006, 07:55 PM
whiz cant lead this team

ricksteelers55
11-03-2006, 03:19 AM
Id see Dick Lebeau,just see the difference since he is back...I think Steelers HC has to be a Defensive Coach,cause that's our team identity

Jeremy
11-03-2006, 03:36 AM
Russ Grimm is the obvious choice in my mind.

Steel Pit
11-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Id see Dick Lebeau,just see the difference since he is back...I think Steelers HC has to be a Defensive Coach,cause that's our team identity

I'm not trying to be a know it all here but Dick LeBeau will probably retire after this season. I live in LeBeau's hometown, London, Ohio, and I know his brother Bob.
LeBeau's brother told me last summer that Dick was considering retirement during the last off season so I don't believe that he'll be back after this season. Word is, the Steelers are grooming Darren Perry to replace LeBeau. They feel that he's going to be an excellent coach someday.

Jeremy
11-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Darren Perry's name is well known among NFL coaches. He has been considered a rising star for a number of years now. He has played for some of the best coaches in the business starting with Joe Paterno and going on to study under Cowher and LeBeau. He has a good football mind and is well liked among his players.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him as a defensive coordinator and possibly a head coach somewhere within the next 5-7 years.

Big D
11-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I dont think it will be grim or whiz. With the way the offensive line and offense have collapsed this year i dont see any of those guys getting the job. I think it will be somebody outside of the organization.

polamalufan43
11-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Well, I'm not sure, I'll have to wait until the season goes on to see.
I just can't see the defense without Dick LeBeau. He's done great things for them.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
It may be neither - keeping Ben happy may not be as big a priority for the Rooneys as it was before the season started.

At some point we will start hearing WTF has happened and the coaches may take their lumps. Would be interested in knowing where Whiz has been on the issues of: Ben's preseason reps; Ben playing against Jax; and Ben playing today. I bet the Rooneys know.

Whiz taking over was a grossly premature conclusion. Sadly enough. This situation is equally as shocking and unbelievable as Ben being 'hired' by PGH Area Suzuki Hayabusa dealers to be a crashdummy for their 'street-legal' ICBM.

I really wonder WTF the Rooneys are thinking but the one thing they deserve over anything and anybody is the benefit of the doubt.

"keeping Ben happy may not be as big a priority for the Rooneys as it was before the season started" How absurd was this thought on June 11, 2006 and now how utterly gut-wrenching.

And to think that there are still people who think it was Ben's "right" to allow the near-term future of this organization to be smashed over the windshield of a Chrysler New Yorker. By the end of this season Ben may have as many concussions as years in the NFL.

"Uh. Mr. Steinberg? How much do you think that is worth?"

sumo
11-03-2006, 01:40 PM
The next coach will be a minority

augustashark
11-03-2006, 02:32 PM

Joe Greene.:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
11-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Cowher stays.

Ambridge
11-03-2006, 06:11 PM

Maybe an interview with Bears D-Coordinator Ron Rivera.

Jeremy
11-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Cowher was an unknown when we took a chance on him. It wouldn't shock me if we went with another unknown.

Big D
11-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Cowher was an unknown when we took a chance on him. It wouldn't shock me if we went with another unknown.

I agree. I dont think our next coach will be hired internaly as i've said before. I think our next coach will be some ethnic coach nobodys really heard of. MIKE TOMLIN IS my guess. He is 33 years old and he has done a great job with the vikings

clevestinks
11-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Wiz! gets my vote, although I could see a defensive minded coach brought in.

I say let Dick Hoak be HC for a day, he is the ultimate Steeler!