PDA

View Full Version : Bettis on CBS!

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Bettis just said we (the Steelers) have no chance...damn that just hit me hard :banging:

noto45
10-29-2006, 08:00 PM
he isnt too far off

xxmagicmanxx
10-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I think you mean NBC on Football Night in America.

Bob Costas: "Does this mean the Super Bowl Champs are cooked?"

Bettis: "I think . . "

Sharpe: "Is that a Yes or No?!"

Bettis: "Yes"

Kinda shitty if you ask me . .

Justin Otstott
10-29-2006, 08:02 PM
yea I know lol smacks myself...I feel stupid

MACH1
10-29-2006, 08:02 PM
As much as I hate to say it. But they got a big fork stuck in em today.

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Can you blame him? Hopefully Pittsburgh fans don't jump on the guy for speaking his opinion (what he now get's paid to do). I think he might just have a point there. That's just a guess after coming off a loss to the Raiders.

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2006, 08:06 PM
If Bettis said the season was not over Collinsworth would have been entitled to laugh in his face.

It had to hurt Jerome to say it, but the truth often hurts.

shevdog
10-29-2006, 08:13 PM
You know that was extremely difficult for the Bus to say. I don't think less for Jermone saying that.

cbalke
10-29-2006, 08:13 PM
i credit jerome for having enough faith in his team to actually pause before letting reality set in. they're frickin done. i've never been so football pissed in my life.

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 08:24 PM
You know that was extremely difficult for the Bus to say. I don't think less for Jermone saying that.

At least he is honest, nothing changes against Denver, It might as be the case.

MACH1
10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Need to start playing for pride and earn back some respect.
:tt02: :tt02:

scraw28
10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I am still in a state of shock right now, I don't think we are going to recover from this for the rest of the year.
5-11 this season record and the 6th pick in the draft
Draft Michael Hart

blackngoldbaby
10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah it really hit me to when he said that the steelers were done but the guy does have a point i hate to say it but its the truth.

Stillers43
10-29-2006, 08:40 PM
It hurts for him to say it, but it hurt even more to say he thinks Cowher needs to pull Ben for Batch. Ben is the guy that got him to his SuperBowl. He needs to have a little more respect, even though I agree with statement.

LeroyPhilly
10-29-2006, 09:01 PM
I still hold out hope. Bettis wouldnt say something as ridiculous to say that they still have a chance after that piss poor display today. But, with the talent that team has, and based on what they have done for the past two seasons, they are certainly capable of pulling it off. The problem is that it seems that their collective psyche almost requires them to be put in a situation where their backs are against the wall and they absolutely must win to put them into the proper mindframe. I honestly think they want to be placed into an impossible situation so that they can get rid of the repeat expectations and pull off an even greater story than what transpired last year. They will be dogs at home vs the Broncos next week. Probably 9 point dogs. Lose that, almost certainly no playoffs. The reality is that the hole they have dug may be just too deep.

Steel_Bus_24
10-29-2006, 09:06 PM
I can't blame him.

This sucks something awful.

stlrtruck
10-29-2006, 09:25 PM
IF the playoffs are over, it doesn't mean we can't ruin a few other team's seasons! We can still be 11-5! It's been done before and we can do it now!

R2sojr
10-30-2006, 12:45 AM
i know Bettis really cant pick sides but thats a shitty thing for him to say to a team that put there blood,sweat and tears on the line for him to take him home....even if they are 2-5...i havent heard him say 1 thing positive about them this year like he thinks since hes gone they cant function without him....bein that the run game isnt doin to well now...well pick it up

Steel Pit
10-30-2006, 01:04 AM
i know Bettis really cant pick sides but thats a shitty thing for him to say to a team that put there blood,sweat and tears on the line for him to take him home....even if they are 2-5...i havent heard him say 1 thing positive about them this year like he thinks since hes gone they cant function without him....bein that the run game isnt doin to well now...well pick it up

Right on, I agree with you 100%. Bettis has been talking down the Steelers since pre-season. I was never a Bettis fan and I hate him even more these days. The Steelers carried that load of lard-a$$, and his 1.2 yards per carry average, at least 3 years longer than they should have. Straight to H E L L with him and his big ole jolly ways.

ThatGuy246
10-30-2006, 01:08 AM
i know Bettis really cant pick sides but thats a shitty thing for him to say to a team that put there blood,sweat and tears on the line for him to take him home....

I see where you're coming from, but they put in the blood, sweat, and tears just as much to win a championship for themselves as they did to see The Bus go out on a positive note - as it should be. Bettis is a commentator on NBC's payroll now - if he makes himself out to be little more than a Pittsburgh cheerleader, he compromises his own broadcasting career. You've gotta let Bettis be Bettis.

Preacher
10-30-2006, 02:37 AM
If Bettis said the season was not over Collinsworth would have been entitled to laugh in his face.

It had to hurt Jerome to say it, but the truth often hurts.

As I keep talking about.. this is the 2003 season all over again. Just no fire in the belly. Remember when Bettis said that Cowher is a different man? Bettis knew from the beginning. He probably saw the same thing he saw in 2003.

But again... And I keep saying this... Cowher won't leave disgraced. He will come back and make camp Cowher, camp hell!

SteelCzar76
10-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Need to start playing for pride and earn back some respect.
:tt02: :tt02:

At the very least. (Well said BC)

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 06:46 AM
IF the playoffs are over, it doesn't mean we can't ruin a few other team's seasons! We can still be 11-5! It's been done before and we can do it now!

I like how you think!!!

Hey it's all a big ploy anyway.......now each team we play will have no idea which Steeler team they will have to contend with. The World Champs or the Heinz Field janitors wearing the Steeler uniforms. Way to play head games, Steelers!!! :wink02:

Elvis
10-30-2006, 07:19 AM
:tt02: :helmet:
I Love Jerome Bettis and I respect what he said last night even though I didnt see it. He has a job to do and so do the Steelers and the Steelers are Not gettin' their Job Done! This season is Over.. No To Drafting Hart as well...:jawdrop:

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Bettis is a bandwagon jumper!!! Cope is a bandwagon jumper!!! How dare they criticize this team when they are playing horrible football? Bastards. :banana:

cbalke
10-30-2006, 08:56 AM
hahahh - good one. yeah, i don't understand how someone can't complain about a team's performance without being labelled as a bandwagon fan. we're not allowed to be pissed when they outright fail? i'm mad as hell that they're playing so crappy, but that doesn't mean i'm going to start rooting for chicago....

Justin Otstott
10-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Bettis is still tha man to me fat or not, who could stop the BUS!!! I feel better today...

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Where are Myron's comments on this team? If they can be linked online I would like to be reading what Myron has to say about this mess.

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Where are Myron's comments on this team? If they can be linked online I would like to be reading what Myron has to say about this mess.

It was on the local Jerome Bettis show. There was a video clip of Myron's prediction. He stated that yesterday was the anniversary of Black Monday. He then stated that he has a feeling that the game is going to end up like Black Monday only it's going to be Black Sunday and it will be the Steelers that "crash and burn". He straight up predicted a Raider victory over the Steelers.

Checked for a link but can't find one.

BritishSteel
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
It's not over until it's mathematically impossible. If we start thinking otherwise, we might as well not turn up against The broncs. If any team knows how little the odds can mean, it should be us.

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Bettis is now in the media. I didn't listen to the media before he joined them and I don't listen to him now.
Yes, he was a great Steelers player and I'll hopefully be in Canton the day he goes in.
But outside of that, I could care less of his media-type predictions and crappolla that is spewed forth on TV or any other media outlet!

PatriotDynasty
10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Even the homer Bettis thinks you guys STINK!

SteelersMongol
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Right on, I agree with you 100%. Bettis has been talking down the Steelers since pre-season. I was never a Bettis fan and I hate him even more these days. The Steelers carried that load of lard-a$$, and his 1.2 yards per carry average, at least 3 years longer than they should have. Straight to H E L L with him and his big ole jolly ways.

Hey hey hey. Take it easy guys. I know we're all frustrated and angry right now. But don't go jumping on our guy THE BUS! He's entitled to say whatever he wants to say, just like when the Pope was saying few things about the Muslims. If that's the way he felt he should say it. And he doesn't have to please anybody. The way Steelers offense is playing, man, it wouldn't take a lot to say they're lost their edge at the moment.

But WE"LL KICK SOME ARSES, if not this season it will be next. Watch us. Besides freaking Browns and Bengals are not too far ahead. We can still make their season horrible enough. Let's have a faith. Here we go Steelers, here we go! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
I am still in a state of shock right now, I don't think we are going to recover from this for the rest of the year.
5-11 this season record and the 6th pick in the draft
Draft Michael Hart

Michael Hart you can't be serious. He is a very good RB and will at the NFL. But the Steelers already have a Hart type of RB in Willie Parker. If the Steelers draft a RB it will be a big back like Michael Bush.

brind666
10-31-2006, 06:34 AM
bettis is right.. my god ben sucks!!!!!

Tankus_Maximus
10-31-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm not givin up on the season, I still think they can finish 11-5.

I think had The Chin had Batch start a couple of the games over Iron Man, we could easily be 5-2 right now.

But damnit...if we're goin down...we're goin down swingin and bringin a couple of teams down with us!!!

Livinginthe past
10-31-2006, 12:19 PM

Hey Dynasty,

Do us a big favor and take that stuff to the Blast Furnace - its just makes you look insecure and needy the way you keeping butting into threads with lame smack.

Thanks

NM

CT_STEELERFAN
10-31-2006, 06:27 PM

Another "Baaahston Taaaahd" with too much time on his hands, I don't recall the CONGRATS when we just won our FIFTH RING!

You're not entertaining us even a little, so go play in your local " Re- TAAAHHDED BAHHH" and sit on a Sam Adams.:jawdrop:

Steelersfan4life0655
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
I dont know, but from what i heard that came out of the Bus's mouth was that we still have a chance. I didnt see or hear this on espn, but somebody told me that espn had something bout the bus and shaq. they were saying that with all of shaq's championships, he never left any of his teams and retire like the bus did on the steelers. they kepts saying that shaq would never pull a "Bus" on his team and leave. Insinuating that the bus is a punk for pulling out on his team. Well I just dont know if this was true, but a I did take this as a insult. Because the last time i checked, basketball wasnt as demanding on the body than football and bettis has every right to retire before he cant walk anymore.
My source was from a steelers fan and i didnt see or know if this has been posted here, but i thought i might put a little message bout this on the board if anyone knew about this.

imp-n-arn
10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
what's Jerome getting paid these days anyway?

Mean Joe
10-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Brother ans Sisters...KEEP THE FAITH, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!...and remeber 5 of our last 7 games are all in the division!!:jammin:

SteelCityMan786
11-01-2006, 04:23 PM
It can be done!!!!!