PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe...

silver & black
10-29-2006, 08:22 PM
The way some of you are reacting!

I thought the Steelers had the same kind of fans as the Raiders... you know, win lose or tie... Steelers till I die!

You have nothing to hang your heads over... You are The Superbowl champions!

You faced a team that EVERYONE has written off as THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! Now you know how wrong all the nay sayers are!

I will say that I didn't think we could beat you... I really didn't.

The Raiders' defense stepped up big time! They won this game, not our offense. The offense still sucks!

I am not going to gloat about this win... nor will I apologize for it. I won't lie... I am VERY happy to come away from this game with a win. My best hope was to just make it a game... winning it is almost beyond belief to me.

This was what I hoped for... classic Raider - Steeler football! We happened to win this one... might not the next time.

You have the rest of the season to go... I still think you are playoff bound.

PLEASE... kick Dungver's ass next week!

As always... good luck with the rest of your season.

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Constructive criticism, it's healthy and in this case, understandable.

Here wait. I'm sorry.

We looked great. Ben was on point. Our running game was dominant. Specials teams looked great. Nothing new there, they've been great all year.

Kool-aid is damn good.

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 08:41 PM

I thought the Steelers had the same kind of fans as the Raiders... you know, win lose or tie... Steelers till I die!

You faced a team that EVERYONE has written off as THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! Now you know how wrong all the nay sayers are!

The Raiders' defense stepped up big time! They won this game, not our offense. The offense still sucks!

I am not going to gloat about this win... nor will I apologize for it. I won't lie... I am VERY happy to come away from this game with a win. My best hope was to just make it a game... winning it is almost beyond belief to me.

This was what I hoped for... classic Raider - Steeler football! We happened to win this one... might not the next time.

Good criticizm, classy post to.

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the nice post but if you really believe the Steelers are playoff bound you need to adjust your meds

stillers4me
10-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Merry Christmas and congratulations on your win today. The Steelers are feeling generous this year.

It's not everybody that can say they beat the World Champs.......oh......wait......just about everybody is saying it.

Come back and see us anytime....we always appreciate classy opponents!

silver & black
10-29-2006, 09:10 PM
The thing is, I really understand how you feel right now. It sucks! Like the Raiders, the Steelers are not used to this. It is very hard to take... I know.

Keep your heads up... the season is not over. The Raiders were written off as dead... as you can see, not quite!

Your season is not over. You have a much better chance of seeing the playoffs than we do! This game epitomises the cliche' "on any given Sunday".

Don't give up on youy team because they are going through some tough times. This is one lesson you can take take from Raider fans... Win Lose Or Tie Raiders (Steelers) Till I Die!!!

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 09:16 PM
By no means giving up on them. Criticizing them. BIG, BIG difference there. Last time I checked, that's part of being a fan. Some (not saying you) have a very tough time differentiating between the two.

stillers4me
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
The thing is, I really understand how you feel right now. It sucks! Like the Raiders, the Steelers are not used to this. It is very hard to take... I know.

Keep your heads up... the season is not over. The Raiders were written off as dead... as you can see, not quite!

Your season is not over. You have a much better chance of seeing the playoffs than we do! This game epitomises the cliche' "on any given Sunday".

Don't give up on youy team because they are going through some tough times. This is one lesson you can take take from Raider fans... Win Lose Or Tie Raiders (Steelers) Till I Die!!!

Thanks for the pep talk.......we're Steeler fans and are accustomed to the rollercoaster ride. You see, unlike the Bungles.........we have made it to the top of the hill!!!! yeehawwwwww......what a ride!

silver & black
10-29-2006, 09:24 PM
By no means giving up on them. Criticizing them. BIG, BIG difference there. Last time I checked, that's part of being a fan. Some (not saying you) have a very tough time differentiating between the two.

I hear you. The fans on RF.net that critique our team (me) get the same thing.

I really do wish you the best of luck on the rest of your season... I'm not really what you would call a Steelers fan, but I have a grudging respect and admiration for the Raiders' all time best adversary. :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 09:26 PM
I hear you. The fans on RF.net that critique our team (me) get the same thing.

I really do wish you the best of luck on the rest of your season... I'm not really what you would call a Steelers fan, but I have a grudging respect and admiration for the Raiders' all time best adversary. :cheers:

I've always respected the Raiders and their fans. I was talking with you a while back wishing your team the best and hoping they get back to their glory days so we can get that old rivalry back to where it once was. I wish you guys all the best and good luck with the rest of your reason.

Prosdo
10-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Great post S&B! Very classy.

Preacher
10-29-2006, 11:26 PM
SIlver and Black......

I hate the Raiders... Always have, always will... Because of that, I can't even wish the team good luck the rest of the year!!

However, You are a classy individual... Thanks for the good post...

Now, in classic Steeler/Raider fashion, Heres to the Raiders ending up second in the AFC next year... right behind the Steelers!!

P.S. The Immaculate reception WAS LEGAL!!!

LOL :sofunny:

BTW... I do hope Art Shell can turn the team around. I have a great (though grudging) admiration for him.. I love old time football!)

SteelersWoman
10-30-2006, 12:19 AM

I thought the Steelers had the same kind of fans as the Raiders... you know, win lose or tie... Steelers till I die... good luck with the rest of your season.

Thank you for the very classy post, and congrats to you, your team, and the rest of the Raiders fans! Good luck in the rest of your season as well :smile:

silver & black
10-30-2006, 03:32 PM
SIlver and Black......

I hate the Raiders... Always have, always will... Because of that, I can't even wish the team good luck the rest of the year!!

However, You are a classy individual... Thanks for the good post...

Now, in classic Steeler/Raider fashion, Heres to the Raiders ending up second in the AFC next year... right behind the Steelers!!

P.S. The Immaculate reception WAS LEGAL!!!

LOL :sofunny:

BTW... I do hope Art Shell can turn the team around. I have a great (though grudging) admiration for him.. I love old time football!)

Hey bro, that's cool... I understand.:cheers:

I won't even get into the Immaculate deception:sofunny:

HometownGal
10-30-2006, 03:53 PM

You're tops in my book, S&B! :cheers: Thanks for the vote of confidence - it's lacking around here today, though it is somewhat understandable, but disheartening, nonetheless.

It is so refreshing to have a couple of non-Steelers fans around these parts who aren't here to kick us and our team when we are down. Whether it is this season or next or even the season after, we'll be back - we always are! :tt02:

Thanks again for being such a class act, S&B, and best of luck to the Raiders in the coming games! :smile:

silver & black
10-30-2006, 04:02 PM
You're tops in my book, S&B! :cheers: Thanks for the vote of confidence - it's lacking around here today, though it is somewhat understandable, but disheartening, nonetheless.

It is so refreshing to have a couple of non-Steelers fans around these parts who aren't here to kick us and our team when we are down. Whether it is this season or next or even the season after, we'll be back - we always are! :tt02:

Thanks again for being such a class act, S&B, and best of luck to the Raiders in the coming games! :smile:

No problem. I understand how it feels when your team is struggling...especially when your team is traditionally one of the best in the NFL, and used to winning. It's hard to accept.

The Steelers won't be down for long... and neither will the Raiders! :cheers:

Stlrs4Life
10-30-2006, 05:14 PM

Thanks silver and black, same to you guys. We are just going through some tough times. Losing is such a pain when you know you have better talent that is not showing.

SteelCityMan786
10-30-2006, 05:15 PM

I guess all the immaculates happen with the Steelers.

Mosca
10-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks man; you're always tops in my book. It's great when people can, on the one hand, be passionate about their team; and on the other, understand that it is a diversion from real life. Someday we might dig a foxhole together, y'know?

Tom