PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks

BozMan
10-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Does anyone else think Max Starks should be benched in favor of Willie Colon? Starks is big, but he's slow and opposing teams are exploiting that. I counted at least 3 times he got burned by a Raider defender today, all of which resulted in a sack/tackle for loss.

polamalufan43
10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
I say give Max Starks time... and switch him and Willie Colon at different times so that each has good playing time, and we have some diversity.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Since the season effectively is over the coaching staff should be playing for the future (of course Cowher has no future with this team so maybe he should ask Whiz or Grimm who should start).

Starks has had enough issues that Colon (along with Kemo and Chukky) should start getting more looks.

LeroyPhilly
10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Ben played awful, but it was because the O line played worse. The X factor is whether or not the receivers were open for Ben to find (or not) which we wont know unless we see the film. In any case, the O line needs to step it up. Two years ago when they were 6-10 it was beacuse of the poor play of the O line. Unfortunately that's where this season is headed if something isnt done about it.

TapOut64
10-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Starks played aweful. I was constanly yelling his number in disgust. I've never noticed an offensive lineman get beat so often.