PDA

View Full Version : End this season Now

scraw28
10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
guy from Steelers.com message boards posting his anger about this season

Kevin Spencer - horrendous ST's, especially coverage. Someone needs to take the fall for that.

Russ Grimm - Can't open a hole or protect the passer. What good is he doing?

Hartings - retire old man, it's time. Ask your knees, they'll tell you.

Simmons - a given .... pathetic.

Hoke - not a 3-4 NT - makes him useless

Kissel - Not a 3-4 DE ... better as a spot pass rusher, not a starter in this system.

Wilson - not NFL caliber, throws a tantrum everytime he misses a catch

Starks - had some potential but it's blatently obvious he'll never be able to pass block an athletic speed rusher

Cowher - mentally he has already checked out.

Duce - a given ....Buh-Bye ...

Blow the whole thing up and start over!!!

I don't agree with the implosion of the roster, but I hope they have learned their lesson about not taking things for granted. They will be better next year, the foundation is there and the hunger will be also. Everything happens for a reason, All it is that "SHAT HAPPENS"

BozMan
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
The only good I can see from the pathetic performance this season is that we'll get a high draft pick next year and have an easier schedule.

BozMan
10-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Also, that is a good point at the beginning of your post that should get more attention. The awful special teams play has been overshadowed by the fumbles and INTs on offense and the controversy over playing Ben. Both our coverage and return teams stink. Has there not been a game this season where an opponent got a big kick/punt return which directly led to their putting points on the board???

The return teams have been no better. CBS had a very telling graphic up early in the game today saying the Steelers have had the worst average starting position in the NFL.

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 09:27 PM
guy from Steelers.com message boards posting his anger about this season

Kevin Spencer - horrendous ST's, especially coverage. Someone needs to take the fall for that.

Russ Grimm - Can't open a hole or protect the passer. What good is he doing?

Hartings - retire old man, it's time. Ask your knees, they'll tell you.

Simmons - a given .... pathetic.

Hoke - not a 3-4 NT - makes him useless

Kissel - Not a 3-4 DE ... better as a spot pass rusher, not a starter in this system.

Wilson - not NFL caliber, throws a tantrum everytime he misses a catch

Starks - had some potential but it's blatently obvious he'll never be able to pass block an athletic speed rusher

Cowher - mentally he has already checked out.

Duce - a given ....Buh-Bye ...

Blow the whole thing up and start over!!!

I don't agree with the implosion of the roster, but I hope they have learned their lesson about not taking things for granted. They will be better next year, the foundation is there and the hunger will be also. Everything happens for a reason, All it is that "SHAT HAPPENS"

Yes SHAT HAPPENS! Or else why would our record be 2-5. It was because SHAT happend.

BigDuke6
10-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Not agreeing with this guy at all except about the STs which are brutal.
The frustration is evident but his anger is misplaced.
Hoke is an excellent NT. Look back to 04 when Casey was out for the year. He was awesome. His remarks about Keisel and Starks were off base as well. Keisel is a 1st year starter and Max had a great year last year. These are not where the real weaknesses are.