PDA

View Full Version : Ben Takes the Blame

PAMillerGrrl83
10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261029013

Ben knows he didnt play his best game but why give up on him?? Have some faith in the guy, we did win a SB with him last season.

MACH1
10-29-2006, 09:15 PM
after 4 ints I would hope he would blame himself :banging:

BAC
10-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Im sure Terry Bradshaw had a poor game/season here & there. Hey, just one more thing the Steelers have to work thru. Just like this year, motorcycle accident, emergency surgery, concussion, yeah, we have it tough right now. We've had it tough before, and the Steelers are always back for more.

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 09:18 PM
after 4 ints I would hope he would blame himself :banging:

My thoughts exactly.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
The Raiders had nothing offensively.. Of course its his fault

Black&Gold1978
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
I agree- we shouldn't give up on him yet- but when he makes those mistakes in the beginning of a game- why not give it to Batch?

BAC
10-29-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree- we shouldn't give up on him yet- but when he makes those mistakes in the beginning of a game- why not give it to Batch?
I agree with that too, but maybe they didn't want to give him that "you suck" feeling. Just an idea.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:28 PM
They should have sat him and let him get better.. They still should.. Batch has proven to be a reliable backup.. Get Ben healthy if you wanna see the old ben back

BAC
10-29-2006, 09:37 PM
They should have sat him and let him get better.. They still should.. Batch has proven to be a reliable backup.. Get Ben healthy if you wanna see the old ben back
Yes, I've been saying that since his accident. I think they rushed him back as not to get rusty. But, now,.... I think he should have been seated for a couple more games after that to REALLY get to 100%. Hafta think long-term. But then again, hind-sight is 20/20. Maybe thats wht I'm not the coach.

Stlrs4Life
10-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Tired of the excuses Ben.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes, I've been saying that since his accident. I think they rushed him back as not to get rusty. But, now,.... I think he should have been seated for a couple more games after that to REALLY get to 100%. Hafta think long-term. But then again, hind-sight is 20/20. Maybe thats wht I'm not the coach.

I agree.. Its actually a shame what he is going through and at this point in the season its harder to just go ahead and sit him... All those great quarters Ben has had makes it hard to, but you have to assume his health is the reason for the shitty play.. This isnt the ben you all know and love

BAC
10-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Tired of the excuses Ben. 1 year in the NFL,.......1 super bowl ring. Hey THAT'S not too bad.
2nd year, and he struggles,........and you're tired of excuses? How 'bout we give him a bit of a chance. I personally have waited WAAAAYYY longer than part of one season for a superbowl. I still think the long-term investment might just be worth it. Only time will tell.

stillers4me
10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I have complete faith that Ben will be the quarterback we saw take the Steelers on that historic run to the SuperBowl last year again.....it just might not be this year. I've said all along it may take a full year for him to recover completely from the motorcycle accident. You can't bench him for the whole year.........you just have to let him play out the kinks and continue to build for the future.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
1 year in the NFL,.......1 super bowl ring. Hey THAT'S not too bad.
2nd year, and he struggles,........and you're tired of excuses? How 'bout we give him a bit of a chance. I personally have waited WAAAAYYY longer than part of one season for a superbowl. I still think the long-term investment might just be worth it. Only time will tell.

This is Ben's third year man ;)

BAC
10-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I have complete faith that Ben will be the quarterback we saw take the Steelers on that historic run to the SuperBowl last year again.....it just might not be this year. I've said all along it may take a full year for him to recover completely from the motorcycle accident. You can't bench him for the whole year.........you just have to let him play out the kinks and continue to build for the future.

Yep, I'm as big of a Steelers fan as thay come, But I realize that Ben has gone thru a lot of poop to totally repeat last season. Just like the people that think Batch should start. If Chuck comes in & wins, great! But you have to realize HE hasn't had his melon beat in the way Ben has. This will all take time. Until then, I will continue to shout obcenities & throw things at the tv.

stillers4me
10-29-2006, 09:57 PM

yep third year. And those first two were no fluke. I'll stick with Ben through the tough times. He deserves it. No Ben, no SuperBowl XL.......our Ben is still in there......he's just a bit beat up right now. I have no explanation for the rest of them.

BAC
10-29-2006, 10:01 PM

I HAVE been though of as a bit retarded.

Corrected by a Bengal????
I'm going to go shoot myself.
Ha Ha.

BengalBrian
10-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I HAVE been though of as a bit retarded.

Corrected by a Bengal????
I'm going to go shoot myself.
Ha Ha.
It aint all that bad.. :)

Need4spd
10-29-2006, 10:25 PM
He damn well better take the blame after a performance like that.

PAMillerGrrl83
10-29-2006, 10:34 PM
^^Dude c'mon seriousley no one else in this thread has bashed Ben that horribly. We dont know what's going through Ben's head and we probably never will. Like I said he's going through a rough time and the fans should stick behind him and keep the faith that Ben is a great athlete and just needs to get things together. He'll be fine eventually and I think the majority of the fans know that. The Steelers dont want Bens self esteem to be shot with him sitting on the bench thinking "I suck" that wouldnt be good for him. (And FYI for anyone who thinks it I'm not a "Ben Groupie", I've watched Ben from his college days and therefore I am a Ben fan.)

The_Professor
10-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Ben's the franchise bro.. but yea he stunk it up today and caused the loss fair enough.

LambertLunatic
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Ben is definately having a bad year, but we aren't hearing him make excuses or blaming everyone but himself. The O line isn't giving him protection, but you don't hear him using that as an excuse. He's not whining about his receivers dropping balls or his coaches not calling the right plays. Instead, Ben readily accepts the blame. This is leadership, folks. Ben WILL get out of his slump, and when he does, the additional respect that he's earned through accepting blame will make him that much better. I'm glad we have him.

augustashark
10-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Don't give me excuses give me results!

PAMillerGrrl83
10-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Ben is definately having a bad year, but we aren't hearing him make excuses or blaming everyone but himself. The O line isn't giving him protection, but you don't hear him using that as an excuse. He's not whining about his receivers dropping balls or his coaches not calling the right plays. Instead, Ben readily accepts the blame. This is leadership, folks. Ben WILL get out of his slump, and when he does, the additional respect that he's earned through accepting blame will make him that much better. I'm glad we have him.

I agree with you like 150% then some.:tt02:

X-Terminator
10-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Don't give me excuses give me results!

"I'm embarrassed about the way I played," he said. "I'm letting the whole team down. It just seems like one guy makes mistakes and that's me. ... In my wildest dreams, I didn't think I'd be playing this bad."

Where's the excuses? What do you want, his blood???

Steel Pit
10-29-2006, 11:59 PM
^^Dude c'mon seriousley no one else in this thread has bashed Ben that horribly. We dont know what's going through Ben's head and we probably never will. Like I said he's going through a rough time and the fans should stick behind him and keep the faith that Ben is a great athlete and just needs to get things together. He'll be fine eventually and I think the majority of the fans know that. The Steelers dont want Bens self esteem to be shot with him sitting on the bench thinking "I suck" that wouldnt be good for him. (And FYI for anyone who thinks it I'm not a "Ben Groupie", I've watched Ben from his college days and therefore I am a Ben fan.)

I also believe that in time Ben will get his mind right but presently something is obviously wrong with him. His decison making has been horrible for the better part of the season, he's not seeing, or choosing not to throw to, open receivers that are crossing directly in front of him and instead he's choosing to scramble around or throw the deep interception.

To me the most telling sign that Ben has a neurological problem is his use of the wrist band. I don't know if any of you have noticed but Ben is checking his wrist band as often as he did during his rookie season. It seems as though he's studying that wrist band during every play call. He didn't use it near as often last season. I truly believe that he's suffering from a moderate case of amnesia.

BAC
10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
The Steelers dont want Bens self esteem to be shot with him sitting on the bench thinking "I suck" that wouldnt be good for him
Yeah, thats a fine line. I agree, but right now he does kinda suck. ( Dont get me wrong I love the guy.) But, The line comes between whats best for Ben, & whats best for the rest of the team. Although, some think the season is ALREADY over. Then there is no crystal ball, & Batch might NOT save us. I do believe Ben will be in Pittsburgh for years, & SHOULD be, but for this season,...?? - Glad the choice isn't up to me.

Cry Me a River
10-30-2006, 06:54 PM
The Raiders caught NINE passes. Ben threw four of them. I'm sure as hell hope he blamed himself!

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
The Raiders caught NINE passes. Ben threw four of them. I'm sure as hell hope he blamed himself!

Wow...you're perceptive. Now what's crybaby Palmer's excuse.

Forget it....I don't really care about Palmer or the Bungles. This is a Steeler forum for Steeler fans and respectful opponents. Get it?? Steeler fans........and the other one doesn't describe you.

SuzyPeppercorn
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
i think they should have sat ben for not wanting to risk a severe concussion against the raiders. but if they are going to play him then they cant back after half way through a bad game and pull. that would show no confidence to ben and set him back even more. you have to show confidence in a quarterback to get the job done even after mistakes.