PDA

View Full Version : THIS ISHowI FEEL

noto45
10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
You know who you are! As I type, I'm sure there's more to follow but regardless, you either a fan or your not!

Just because we win the superbowl doesnt mean we're entitled to another winnning season. I have suffered through the Mark Malones and the Kordell Stewarts and been proud to say I was a Steeler Fan through the thick and the thin!!

We win, you all here. We loose, you bitch and move on.

Well I say adios and see you when we back in it again.

Chumps! You make me sick.

Go Steelers! Die Hard Black and Gold Till I Die Even If I'm 0-16 or 16-0!

blackngoldbaby
10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
You know who you are! As I type, I'm sure there's more to follow but regardless, you either a fan or your not!

Just because we win the superbowl doesnt mean we're entitled to another winnning season. I have suffered through the Mark Malones and the Kordell Stewarts and been proud to say I was a Steeler Fan through the thick and the thin!!

RIGHT ON!!!!!^^^^

Brady12
10-29-2006, 08:22 PM

I'm sure all the Steeler Fans that are angry are just in dismay of the loss. They will recover and support the team as they prepare for Denver. If any fans leave the team, it shows that they were never with the team from the beginning. Even if they are 2-5.

I can try and compare with my CFL team, the Saskatchewan Roughriders. 2 Grey Cups in a long history of the team. We are used to losing in Saskatchewan, but the fans keep coming back.

stlrtruck
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm with you!!!

MACH1
10-29-2006, 08:31 PM
If we only win one more game this year it has to be denver because my mother in law is a bronco fan. If we lose to them then I have to listen to her crap for the rest of the year. Might deserve a little of it thou after last years playoff game.:argue:

Indy_Steelers
10-29-2006, 09:04 PM
i live in indy. we are 2-5 and i will wear my steeler t-shirt tomorrow.
the colts are 6-0 and i will see little if any colts stuff.

Ohio Steeler
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
I am lost for words as to how I feel this year, I know I am pissed however I have been drinking alot and my anger mite have someything to do with the beer's

MACH1
10-29-2006, 09:20 PM

Dont forget about the Bubby years.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-29-2006, 09:31 PM
it wont be long until all the band wagon fans fall off the little ride they have been on since the steelers won the superbowl...and the true steeler fans can sit down and talk about what can be or should be donw to fix this............
I for one feel our offensive line is playing about as bad as ive ever seen.......
I make excuses for no one on the team...........but it all starts up front and they are not getting it done

Prosdo
10-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Great post. When you are a Steelers fan you are here and showing support whether we are winning or losing. You don't give up.

Preacher
10-29-2006, 10:12 PM
<-------- Stuck my Steeler sweater on just after the game and went to the the store. BTW... I live in the Bay area!!!

STEELER PRIDE.. LET IT RIDE!!

5 rings <--- Deserves pride and patience!

WisconsinSteelerMan
10-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey...

I am a born and bred Steeler Man and will be until the day I die. Everybody wants to see wins from their team. It is just frustrating as HE----LL to see these STUPID losses. That is what you are seeing from the posters with a negative bent to them... Just frustration. We all had high hopes for this season...

Time to rebuild, guys. Spend the rest of this season finding out who is worth hanging on to and who's time be cut has come. Perhaps actually REST the folks who need rest and healing (spiritual and physical)

I will ALWAYS love my Steelers...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Preacher
10-30-2006, 02:28 AM
it wont be long until all the band wagon fans fall off the little ride they have been on since the steelers won the superbowl...and the true steeler fans can sit down and talk about what can be or should be donw to fix this............
I for one feel our offensive line is playing about as bad as ive ever seen.......
I make excuses for no one on the team...........but it all starts up front and they are not getting it done

Tat about sums it up for me... THE ENTIRE POST

SteelersFreak
10-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Great post, great thread.

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Hey...

I am a born and bred Steeler Man and will be until the day I die. Everybody wants to see wins from their team. It is just frustrating as HE----LL to see these STUPID losses. That is what you are seeing from the posters with a negative bent to them... Just frustration. We all had high hopes for this season...

Time to rebuild, guys. Spend the rest of this season finding out who is worth hanging on to and who's time be cut has come. Perhaps actually REST the folks who need rest and healing (spiritual and physical)

I will ALWAYS love my Steelers...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Great thoughts.......this is why the Steelers DO go on to become champions. :tt02:

Elvis
10-30-2006, 05:53 AM
:tt02: Good morning to all. I am sitting here gettin ready for my first cup of coffee just wondering what I would find here on our forrums this morning, and I read this one where someone is bashing our Steelrs season and talking about bandwagoners...:coffee: :tt02: As I am sitting here typing I am wearing my Steelers sweatshirt and I will Never trade it in for anything of worldly value other than my family and little girl... I love the Black N Gold and that Will Never Change...Our O Line especially Max Starks yesterday stunk it up badly.. there must be changes and for right now it must start up front on both sides of the football. Could you tell Casey Hampton wasnt in there.. boy I could...:helmet:

HometownGal
10-30-2006, 06:11 AM
That's the right 'tude! :tt02:

Win or lose, if you're a Steelers fan, you stand behind them and beside them all the way. I felt a little heavy hearted after the game, but it passed quickly because I know our Steelers will be back, whether it be next season or down the road a little ways.

We're the Steelers nation - an enormous family of diehard fans who don't get going when the going gets tough. :cheers: For those who want to jump off the bandwagon - may I give you a hand?

X-Terminator
10-30-2006, 06:14 AM
For those who want to jump off the bandwagon - may I give you a hand?

How about a boot in the ass instead?

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm sure all the Steeler Fans that are angry are just in dismay of the loss. They will recover and support the team as they prepare for Denver.

It is possible to be angry, in dismay and still support the team. That's where I am at this point in time. I'm not going to sit here and :cheer: and act like we are cruising and on our way to a playoff birth.

HometownGal
10-30-2006, 06:26 AM
How about a boot in the ass instead?

You know that's what I meant - LOL! I sugar-coated it a bit. :smile: Let the door hit 'em where the good Lord split 'em.

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 06:27 AM
I show it every time I take a drive in my truck!
Unlike fans of other teams, my colors don't come down!

Big D
10-30-2006, 06:29 AM
You know that's what I meant - LOL! I sugar-coated it a bit. :smile: Let the door hit 'em where the good Lord split 'em.

I'm going to use a gay analogy here. Does anyone remeber there first car? and how much they loved it even towards the end. And when it was time to get rid of it you have that same love for it as you did the day you got it but knew it was time for a new car. I think thats the way I look at Cowher. Trust me i'm very pissed at the performance i've seen this year. However i'll always appreciate the time cowher put in and the effort as well. I'm just now looking forward to having a new coach and watch new steeler football

Big D
10-30-2006, 06:30 AM
to show you how much i love the steelers... I still have my kordell jersey. I dont wear it in public anymore. But I do still wear it to bed

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm going to use a gay analogy here. Does anyone remeber there first car? and how much they loved it even towards the end. And when it was time to get rid of it you have that same love for it as you did the day you got it but knew it was time for a new car. I think thats the way I look at Cowher. Trust me i'm very pissed at the performance i've seen this year. However i'll always appreciate the time cowher put in and the effort as well. I'm just now looking forward to having a new coach and watch new steeler football

Now we are getting somewhere.

If I may use your analogy not just on Cowher but on the team in general? The team is like your first car. You love it no matter what, but when it starts to break down, you kick it, swear at it and criticize it. Hoping for a new car (changes in the team next season).

Thank you BigD.

Ohio Steeler
10-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Great post. When you are a Steelers fan you are here and showing support whether we are winning or losing. You don't give up.

I dont think it is called giving up I think it is just being pissed off

Justin Otstott
10-30-2006, 07:57 AM
maybe we all had are noses up too far.....I know I did but this guy is right if u was a fan during the Stewy days then we can live through this....GO STEELERS!!!

Buzz05
10-30-2006, 08:59 AM
This loss is a hard pill to swallow. Ive always said if you can root for the team when they are winning then you can root for them when they are losing. The losing will just make the winning that much sweeter in the end. If we can stick with them through the '94 AFC Title game, the O'Donnell Super Bowl dibacle, the Stewy years, the Mike Tomzack days, EVEN KENT GRAHAM...if We can support them through those dark years then we sure as hell can support them now. Every team has transition, struggles, and rough years. The belief in the system and the dedication to the team has made the Steelers who they are and helped getting through those and these tough times. So in short if your turning your back on the team now then dont bother coming back when things are turned around. We root for this team because of what they stand for and how they play...not because we do it pretty...but because we earn it. So lets earn some respect out there no matter what happens.

Sorry...turn coats and band wagoners piss me off

dbjuggalo
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
I will always love the Black & Gold no matter what record they have!!!!! And I personally believe out of these last 9 games we can put together a run of wins(9 sounds good to me but if we do lose 1 do it against the Panthers) 1 Game at a time....1 win at a time....Da Steelers can get it done!!!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: Thats why we love them

HeartofSteel
10-30-2006, 09:20 AM
People on a bandwagon most likely don't read threads on fan sites.....and they sure as hell don't post on them. We're all fans here....passionate fans. Call it anger or call it disappointment, but don't call it apathy.

We're all watching our defending Super Bowl Champions take a nose dive towards mediocrity. There's bound to be some strong words thrown around....doesn't mean anyone here's about to all of a sudden abondon their team. I'm all for encouraging your team and thinking positive but at some point that becomes delusional. If you're anywhere near this site you'd be crazy not to love Cowher, Ben and Hines. But there not infalliable...and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Dont forget about the Bubby years.

Just when I was making progress in therapy over those years you have to bring them up. Now it's going to cost me thousands more to suppress them! Thanks for nothing buddy (LOL) :sofunny: :flap: :toofunny:

blackngoldbaby
10-30-2006, 06:27 PM
ive seen tons of band wagon fans already!! i was talking to a guy this morning and i knew he liked the steelers well thought and i started talking abou the game and he says" i hate the steelers they suck i like the patriots" first thing i thought bandwagon definetly! i stopped talkin to the guy after that .

MACH1
10-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Just when I was making progress in therapy over those years you have to bring them up. Now it's going to cost me thousands more to suppress them! Thanks for nothing buddy (LOL) :sofunny: :flap: :toofunny:

LOL sorry bout that.:hehe: :hehe:

Infamix
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
If anything, this 2006 season will weed out the post-XL and touchdown-throwing-trick-play-leaping Antwan Randle El fans.

polamalufan43
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM

^^^^^^I'll quote you on this one. That's the thing with Steeler fans, we never give up, we never give in, and we never lose the faith. We always
BELIEVE

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 02:34 AM
It's football. People jump on and off the bandwagon all the time. This is part of being a fan.

Heck, I already have my AFC team picked out to support if the Steelers miss the playoffs.

-Mike

slashsteel
10-31-2006, 02:58 AM
Heck, I already have my AFC team picked out to support if the Steelers miss the playoffs. :jawdrop:

I only root for one team until then end go Steelers! True fanatics know nothing less.

SteelersWoman
10-31-2006, 08:48 AM
People on a bandwagon most likely don't read threads on fan sites.....and they sure as hell don't post on them. We're all fans here....passionate fans. Call it anger or call it disappointment, but don't call it apathy.

And even if they do post for awhile, I'd think that after 5 losses, they'd be lonnnng gone. It would be my guess that bandwaggoners would've dropped off somewhere around the third loss--and it's for sure that even if there were last minute "hangers-on"--they won't be there after the loss to the Raiders :flap: The Raiders loss is the TRUE test! :chicken:
...I'm all for encouraging your team and thinking positive but at some point that becomes delusional. If you're anywhere near this site you'd be crazy not to love Cowher, Ben and Hines. But there not infalliable...

Every single bit about the fine line between positive thinking and delusion, and our guys not being infallable--VERY well said, and my thoughts exactly.

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 09:26 AM
And even if they do post for awhile, I'd think that after 5 losses, they'd be lonnnng gone. It would be my guess that bandwaggoners would've dropped off somewhere around the third loss--and it's for sure that even if there were last minute "hangers-on"--they won't be there after the loss to the Raiders :flap: The Raiders loss is the TRUE test! :chicken:

The true test will be IF we lose to the clowns!

MACH1
10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
The true test will be IF we lose to the clowns!

Thats crazy talk right there. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelR1
10-31-2006, 10:49 AM
I still proudly hang the family photo up with my wife wearing a Kordell jersey and myself wearing the Bus!!!!!

My son will be born next month and a new one will be made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MACH1
10-31-2006, 10:52 AM
I still proudly hang the family photo up with my wife wearing a Kordell jersey and myself wearing the Bus!!!!!

My son will be born next month and a new one will be made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start em out early , start em out right. Congrats :cheers:

As my family calls it brainwashing.....lol

HometownGal
10-31-2006, 10:53 AM
It's football. People jump on and off the bandwagon all the time. This is part of being a fan.

Heck, I already have my AFC team picked out to support if the Steelers miss the playoffs.

-Mike

Not in my book it isn't.

How's the weather where you are - fair?

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 11:57 AM
How's the weather where you are - fair?

Clear and sunny today, with highs in the mid 40's actually. It's a good day up here.

Part of being a fan is the highs and lows of winning and losing. How can you say that it isn't a part of you being a fan? We all love it when the Steelers win a game. Surely you are not immune to the terrible feelings of watching our Steelers lose. Fans jump on and off the bandwagon, that is just a part of loving your favorite team. Do all fans do it? I don't think so. You don't, I won't, and most people here won't either. A lot of NFL teams have hardcore fans like yourself. Are we going to sit here and bash people who are so upset they feel like getting off the bandwagon for a bit? I won't.

Before you go and declare me a fair weather fan........I was at the frickin' Oakland stadium getting yelled at by thousands of people. Like many others, I traveled a great distance and spent a lot of money to be at that game. I hated it, I cried when that moron from Oakland ran that INT back for 100 yards. I had to walk back to our hotel room having thousands of rabid Raider fans yelling at me that I was a loser. I had people trying to grab my Steeler hat. I had people as close as 6" from my face laughing at me, calling me names. Later that night at dinner, people were still harassing me about the game. I wore my Steeler hat and short for the rest of the evening, despite the fact that we thoroughly had our butts handed to us by the pathetic Raiders. I don't want to hear no crap from you about being a fair weather fan.

Where were you sitting during Sundays game?

-Mike

SteelerFanInCA
10-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Go Steeltown. Bleeding black & gold until the end!!!!

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 12:02 PM
I only root for one team until then end go Steelers! True fanatics know nothing less.

I'm with you. I'll pick the Steelers to win every game this season, no matter who they are playing. I just feel like they will always win. So far, they've made me look pretty dumb. Oh well, the Steelers are my team. I still love 'em.

IF the Steelers miss the playoffs, I'm not going to stop watching football. There are some other NFL teams playing great football, and I'll cheer for one of them to win for various reasons. Will I go buy a hat and shirt, maybe sign up for that teams message board? Nope, NO WAY.

-Mike

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Clear and sunny today, with highs in the mid 40's actually. It's a good day up here.

Part of being a fan is the highs and lows of winning and losing. How can you say that it isn't a part of you being a fan? We all love it when the Steelers win a game. Surely you are not immune to the terrible feelings of watching our Steelers lose. Fans jump on and off the bandwagon, that is just a part of loving your favorite team. Do all fans do it? I don't think so. You don't, I won't, and most people here won't either. A lot of NFL teams have hardcore fans like yourself. Are we going to sit here and bash people who are so upset they feel like getting off the bandwagon for a bit? I won't.

Before you go and declare me a fair weather fan........I was at the frickin' Oakland stadium getting yelled at by thousands of people. Like many others, I traveled a great distance and spent a lot of money to be at that game. I hated it, I cried when that moron from Oakland ran that INT back for 100 yards. I had to walk back to our hotel room having thousands of rabid Raider fans yelling at me that I was a loser. I had people trying to grab my Steeler hat. I had people as close as 6" from my face laughing at me, calling me names. Later that night at dinner, people were still harassing me about the game. I wore my Steeler hat and short for the rest of the evening, despite the fact that we thoroughly had our butts handed to us by the pathetic Raiders. I don't want to hear no crap from you about being a fair weather fan.

Where were you sitting during Sundays game?

-Mike

The way I read it, I don't think she was calling you a fair weather fan. I think she was arguing to the point about the fans jumping on and off the bandwagon and that it's part of being a fan. In her defense, and IMHO too, it's not part of being a Steeler fan. You're either in it for the good and the bad and that's it, there's no jumping on and off just because they aren't winning their division.

There are people who after putting away their New England Patriots jerseys have gone out and purchased Steelers garb only to put it back in the closet because they aren't performing and instead grab their Tom Brady or Corey Dillon jersey to fit in.

It's nice to hear that you were at the stadium and supported the Steelers into the late night. I would have been there with you but trips from the east coast to west coast aren't as cheap as going to Da 'Burgh for a home game! Besides, given my choices, I'd rather spend a weekend in Pittsburgh then any other NFL town!

Personally, it doesn't sound like a fair weather fan but that your initial comment supported those that are. But that now seems to be corrected.

herewegosteelers
10-31-2006, 12:21 PM

:iagree: I am proud to be a STEELERS fan. I love my team no matter what, I am wearing my big Ben jersey today to work,If anyone has anything to say about it. THey can KISS my ass! I will be sitting in front of my t.v. Sunday cheering on my boys!!:cheers:
GO!! STEELERS!!! :tt02: :cheer:

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 12:24 PM
The way I read it, I don't think she was calling you a fair weather fan.

I read over her post, and you look to be right. Perhaps I overreacted. I am still very emotional about Sunday. My apologies to HometownGal. I'll send her a PM as well.

Fair weather fans and front runners don't really bother me like they do other people. Sure, I get a little agitated at them, but that is all.

-Mike

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 12:57 PM
I read over her post, and you look to be right. Perhaps I overreacted. I am still very emotional about Sunday. My apologies to HometownGal. I'll send her a PM as well.

Fair weather fans and front runners don't really bother me like they do other people. Sure, I get a little agitated at them, but that is all.

-Mike

It's all good! The bottom line comes down to being a Black and Gold Fan regardless of record! The others are just looking to be on the next "winners" band wagon!

HometownGal
10-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Are we going to sit here and bash people who are so upset they feel like getting off the bandwagon for a bit? I won't.

I will in a heartbeat and I have no qualms whatsoever in doing so. While there is nothing at all wrong with constructive criticism (it makes for great debate), I've seen what I view as some inappropriate and flat out unfair destructive criticism around here and other boards since Sunday's loss in Oakland. The way I look at it - those who support a team and wave those pom-poms and Terrible Towel only during the good times, but bash and ridicule the team they claim to love and hop off the "bandwagon" when the team is in a rut don't deserve the privilege of calling themselves Pittsburgh Steelers fans. I repeat - this is only MY opinion.

I am sorry that you had to experience what you did on Sunday but unfortunately, that's the risk you take when you are a fan or ANY team in enemy territory, though some opponents' fans are worse than others. Believe me - I've been to many games at TRS and HF over the years and non-Steelers fans get the "royal" treatment here as well, though I don't personally advocate those behaviors. Though I live in the Burgh and in friendly territory here, I've experienced some of what you have while attending Browns and Rats games in Cleveland and Baltimore over the years - had beer thrown on me, tires flattened, spit at, called every filthy name in the book - I know the feeling well. Sure last Sunday's game was frustrating as hell, as is this season thus far, but I am confident that better times are ahead, whether it is this season, next season or the season after. Think about it - what other organization out there can state that they've given their fans so much excitement and competitive teams over the past 3 decades? :tt02:

Yes - I was calling you a fair weather fan in my prior post because that is the way your post came across to me (i.e. "bandwagon" reference), but I must apologize to you as I now understand where you are coming from. There is no need to apologize on your part, hon. I understand your frustration very well - I just handle it in a different manner. Different strokes for different folks. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 02:04 PM
There's bound to be some strong words thrown around....doesn't mean anyone here's about to all of a sudden abondon their team. I'm all for encouraging your team and thinking positive but at some point that becomes delusional. If you're anywhere near this site you'd be crazy not to love Cowher, Ben and Hines. But there not infalliable...and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

THANK YOU.

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
II understand your frustration very well

It's all going to go away after we lay a beatdown on the Doncos this Sunday. :tt02:

Good to see all is good between us. I think we may have been talking about two different kinds of fans. I get irritated with the folks that jump all the way on and off as well, and I don't have much tolerance for them. I'm totally behind you on that one.

OTOH, when I come across a real Steeler fan who expresses that the team may be done for this season, I won't question their allegiance. Right now, things are really bad for us Steeler fans. A few of us are bound to let out some frustrations with the season so far. I won't fault them for that. It's part of being a fan to me. I'm mad/sad/upset right now for sure, but not quite ready to give up on a playoff run.

See you around the boards.

-Mike

herewegosteelers
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
:tt02: To show my support I am going tonight after work & get XL tatooed under my STEELERS tatoo. GO STEELERS!!!! :sign01: :sign04: :champs:

HometownGal
10-31-2006, 04:46 PM
It's all going to go away after we lay a beatdown on the Doncos this Sunday. :tt02:

Good to see all is good between us. I think we may have been talking about two different kinds of fans. I get irritated with the folks that jump all the way on and off as well, and I don't have much tolerance for them. I'm totally behind you on that one.

OTOH, when I come across a real Steeler fan who expresses that the team may be done for this season, I won't question their allegiance. Right now, things are really bad for us Steeler fans. A few of us are bound to let out some frustrations with the season so far. I won't fault them for that. It's part of being a fan to me. I'm mad/sad/upset right now for sure, but not quite ready to give up on a playoff run.

See you around the boards.

-Mike

Doncos? LMAO - now that's original (and funny!) :toofunny:

We're cool, Mike. Differing opinions is what makes a forum go 'round. :cheers:

To me, bandwagoners and FWF's fall into the same category - there really isn't much difference between them. I look at it like this - I love my teams like they are part of the family, and while I would never kick anyone when they're down, especially not family, I have no tolerance for those who do. As I said above, there is a world of difference between constructive and destructive criticisms. I'm not blind - I can plainly see there are some heavy issues with this year's team, but I don't view having optimism as being "delusional". As I'm sure you are well aware, the NFL is basically a wild and crazy free for all and anything can happen, especially in the second half of the season as we all remember so fondly. It's not like this is the first time the Steelers have been behind the 8 ball at the halfway point in a season. Rather than speculate (and that is all we are really doing here) and/or singling any player or coach out as to where the blame should be placed or declaring a season "over" when legitimately and mathematically it is not, I choose to put my energies into looking ahead to the next opponent and brainstorming on strategies, strengths and weaknesses of our opponent, etc. Getting all worked up over something that can't be changed is just pointless to me. I do realize that everyone thinks along a different line - we're all different, and I respect everyone's opinions and thoughts, though I may vehemently disagree. :smile:

beSteelmyheart
10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
This loss really hurt because I hate the Raiders almost as much as I love the Steelers. I'll always love the Steelers, they are like an extension of my Steelers fan family.
Maybe we just have been spoiled after the 2 seasons with Ben. As much as we would like them to, they can't win them all. I'm trying to stay positive about the playoffs, but the realist in me is already curious about what is in store for next season, especially with the coaching stuation..

X-Terminator
10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
I personally am getting tired of people confusing optimism and support of your team with being blind to the team's problems. Anyone who would have been at the game with me or HTG on Sunday would know that we definitely are not blind. Hell, I was pointing out all game long how Max Starks might as well have been a pylon, since that's how it looked. I just don't get all bent out of shape over losses and start demanding that everyone be fired, and I always encourage and support the team, especially when I know the team has way more talent than that 2-5 record indicates. So if those of you who complain about being called fairweather fans and bandwagon fans just because you criticize the team...just remember that it works both ways.

steelersfanmx
10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Great post.... this image, remindsme something..
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/believe.png

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear herewegosteelers.

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Once again, HeartofSteel, thank you. An open mind is beautiful. It's nice hearing from a view which is realistic and understandable. It's fine to praise the team when they are doing well, but God forbid you criticize them when they are doing bad. Last time I checked, that's part of being a fan.

Also, I can't count how many times I've heard an athlete state "They are paying good money for tickets, they have the right to criticize us when we are playing bad.". Some need to keep that in mind before they start throwing the "bandwagon" term around.

NV STEELERS 723
10-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Mike..I can't imagine what you went through... my heart does though... I work w / about 4 Raider fans and it seems each week somebody has a laugh at my expense. I'm getting tired of it...

For now on every Monday moring I walk in I will wear my authentic # 86 Hines Ward jersey, no matter the Sunday outcome...My co-workers will not expect it,,,, in fact I hope they will get tired of seeing my jersey every Monday morning...

Mike you sound like a great STEELERS fan... and w/ a lot of patients... my heart goes out to you....

email me sometime Mike..... pauldmcclain3@earthlink.net

X-Terminator
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Once again, HeartofSteel, thank you. An open mind is beautiful. It's nice hearing from a view which is realistic and understandable. It's fine to praise the team when they are doing well, but God forbid you criticize them when they are doing bad. Last time I checked, that's part of being a fan.

Also, I can't count how many times I've heard an athlete state "They are paying good money for tickets, they have the right to criticize us when we are playing bad.". Some need to keep that in mind before they start throwing the "bandwagon" term around.

Ya know, 83, I like you, but we get it already! I don't know how many times the difference between being a bandwagon/fairweather fan and a fan who merely criticizes the team has been explained, but it can't be any plainer. A bandwagon fan gives up on the team, doesn't support them when they are playing poorly (like these "fans" who want to throw Ben under the bus after a few bad games), says things like "I'm done with this team" (an exact quote from a "fan" on another message board), or crawls out of the woodwork to start bitching when the team is playing poorly, yet you never hear a peep out of them when things are going well. There hasn't been one person on this board who has said that you cannot and should not criticize the team. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is perfectly fine. ALL I and many others have said is to simply keep the faith, don't give up and support the team through the good times AND the bad, and limit the DESTRUCTIVE criticism that Steelers fans love to engage in. What's wrong with that?

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Ya know, 83, I like you, but we get it already! I don't know how many times the difference between being a bandwagon/fairweather fan and a fan who merely criticizes the team has been explained, but it can't be any plainer. A bandwagon fan gives up on the team, doesn't support them when they are playing poorly (like these "fans" who want to throw Ben under the bus after a few bad games), says things like "I'm done with this team" (an exact quote from a "fan" on another message board), or crawls out of the woodwork to start bitching when the team is playing poorly, yet you never hear a peep out of them when things are going well. There hasn't been one person on this board who has said that you cannot and should not criticize the team. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is perfectly fine. ALL I and many others have said is to simply keep the faith, don't give up and support the team through the good times AND the bad, and limit the DESTRUCTIVE criticism that Steelers fans love to engage in. What's wrong with that?

The amount of PM's (you know who you are) with the "jumping off the wagon huh?" is just getting a little old. But hey!, thanks for that explanation X. :thumbsup: