PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Injuries, looks like Duce will be playing

hellpack74
10-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Veron Haynes and Arnold Harrison will both be out for the remainder of the season.

Jeff Hartings suffered a knee injury will be out for an extended period of time. (http://blackandgoldinsider.com/display/ShowJournal?moduleId=737698&categoryId=68226)

Brady12
10-29-2006, 09:24 PM
What happened to Haynes?

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2006, 09:26 PM
He can finally earn his paycheck.

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry to say that may be it for Hartings - he has been a valuable Steeler and played on bad knees for years.

Glad he made it long enough to get a ring.

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Put a twinkie at the opposing teams goal line and tell him to run. That's my only suggestion.

RUN DUCE!! RUN!!!

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/entree/img/jul02/twinkie070302_big.jpg

Preacher
10-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry to say that may be it for Hartings - he has been a valuable Steeler and played on bad knees for years.

Glad he made it long enough to get a ring.

I agree... wondering the same thing.

Stlrs4Life
10-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Who really cares at this point in time. Maybe this is all a blessing in disguise. The younger players will now get a chance. They couldn't do any worse than our vets that are in there now.

MACH1
10-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Put a twinkie at the opposing teams goal line and tell him to run. That's my only suggestion.

RUN DUCE!! RUN!!!

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/entree/img/jul02/twinkie070302_big.jpg

:toofunny:
At least something made me laugh today.

Preacher
10-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Wouldn't we all just fall over laughing if Duce ended up leading the charge back to the Superbowl?!

blackngoldbaby
10-29-2006, 09:36 PM
He can finally earn his paycheck.

OHHHHHH BROTHER!lol

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah, Hartings stated during the Steelers post game show that he heard something pop in his knee. Not sounding good. Let Okobi get the experience.

Glace
10-29-2006, 09:48 PM
I do like Haynes....That's bad news if he really is done for the season because he is a versatile back.

What we REALLY need is to transition Parker into Haynes' roll and find ourselves a real running back. I love Parker...but he is not the every-down solution for this team. He was rewarded in the offseason, and rightly so....but we need a back that can hit somebody in the mouth and still fall forward 2-3 yards.

I don't think Duce can carry that load.....will be nice to see him do more than just nothing....but I don't think he's going to be that back.

Davenport could be interesting....but he would take time to develop into the system and get a rythm down with the O-line.

You can't just plug a guy in and expect great things when it's his first year with a brand new system.....but given some starting time....Davenport could be a good back.

lilyoder6
10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
i would laugh my ass off

Da Steeler Soprano
10-30-2006, 01:34 AM
I have faith in Duce. I can honestly say I didnt bash him once for the simple fact that he has been a team player and caused no distractions. I would love to see Duce come back and end up being how Bettis was in 2004 season when everyone said he was washed up and leaving Twinkies on the goal line for him to run to.

Hines0wnz
10-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Well....something to look forward to next week I guess.

19ward86
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
hartings will retire and chukki will start, this kind of sucks, hartings is probably the best center in the league.

PalmerSteel
10-30-2006, 07:21 PM
sorry if this is already posted, but harrison out for the season also. imo, 3 key injuries from sunday that will make us struggle that much more to get to 8-8 (i cant believing i am saying that) :banging:

Infamix
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
I do like Haynes....That's bad news if he really is done for the season because he is a versatile back.

What we REALLY need is to transition Parker into Haynes' roll and find ourselves a real running back. I love Parker...but he is not the every-down solution for this team. He was rewarded in the offseason, and rightly so....but we need a back that can hit somebody in the mouth and still fall forward 2-3 yards.

I don't think Duce can carry that load.....will be nice to see him do more than just nothing....but I don't think he's going to be that back.

Davenport could be interesting....but he would take time to develop into the system and get a rythm down with the O-line.

You can't just plug a guy in and expect great things when it's his first year with a brand new system.....but given some starting time....Davenport could be a good back.

Are people serious when they say this? Just because he doesn't weigh 230 pounds doesn't mean he can't "hit people in the mouth" He has proved that when the o-line can actually function, that he can run people over, and he can break the long one. I can't wait until everyone starts jumping on the Willie Wagon as time passes.

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Wouldn't we all just fall over laughing if Duce ended up leading the charge back to the Superbowl?!

I'll take it anyway we can get it.........:wink02:

Infamix
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I still can't believe Haynes/Silverback/Hartings might be out for the season...Cowher needs to start putting steroids in their Gatorade.

RichmondVA
10-31-2006, 08:59 AM

We've seen the Water Boy turn a team around in the movies. Now it is time to see the Towel Boy do it for real.

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 10:22 AM
We've seen the Water Boy turn a team around in the movies. Now it is time to see the Towel Boy do it for real.

Except the Water Boy had high quality H2O and intrensic motivation...what's the towel boy got? Soft towels to wipe his face and arse?

How about we give some extrensic motivation - twinkies for everyone in the stands if he runs over 100 yards. Double that if he gets in the end zone!