PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Figg

Go_Cats
07-20-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm not arguing that Big Ben wins with Pittsburgh, that's obvious. My argument is that Big Ben is not as productive as Carson Palmer, period. Just look at the yardage difference and the attempts and you'll see that they compare very favorably to Peyton Manning. Dilfers stats are more favorable to Big Ben b/c of the over inflated rating, the few number of attempts and b/c of the similar role in the offense.

Saying Big Ben was the reason to Pittsburgh success is kind of like saying that Steve Bono was the reason the chiefs where one of the most winningest teams in the 90's.

BB2W
07-20-2005, 11:59 PM
over inflated rating
This is stupid, you always say stuff like that. Give the man some credit. He threw the ball when called on, and did very well. 98.1 rating....what do you think they added points because he is Big Ben. It is math.....the numbers are there. He was very efficient.

I would rather have that, than Carson's under inflated rating. :laughing:

So if you blame Ben's high QB rating on him throwing so little. Do you blame Carson's low QB rating on him throwing too much?

Keep making excuses.....

I hope this year we run for 300 yards against you, and Ben goes 8 of 10 for 200 yards and 2 TD's. I will laugh in your face while Carson goes 22 of 44 for 300 yds 1 Td and 3 INT's.

Cats you seem like a cool guy, but I don't understand your veiws on Big Ben. It is getting pointless. Let their play on the feild do the talking.

figg
07-21-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm not arguing that Big Ben wins with Pittsburgh, that's obvious. My argument is that Big Ben is not as productive as Carson Palmer, period. Just look at the yardage difference and the attempts and you'll see that they compare very favorably to Peyton Manning. Dilfers stats are more favorable to Big Ben b/c of the over inflated rating, the few number of attempts and b/c of the similar role in the offense.

Saying Big Ben was the reason to Pittsburgh success is kind of like saying that Steve Bono was the reason the chiefs where one of the most winningest teams in the 90's.

You make it so easy to make you look dumb!

att. for Dilfer in a 16 game season- 415,482,386, and 429
att. for Palmer- 432---looks more comparable

Rating for Dilfer 16 games- 60.1,64.8,82.8, and 74.0,
Rating for Palmer- 77.3
Ben-98.1?????

Yards for Palmer who threw the ball 132 more times- 2897
Yards for Ben- 2621 hahahahaha 276 less yards he would have got that in 30 more att lmfao @ you

Palmer yards vrs Manning?? I assume you mean Peytons rookie year compared to Palmers 2nd year right?

Manning yards 1st year- 3739
Palmer-2897

Steve Bono only started 3 years for the Cheifs-93,94,95. Oh I get it you thought he was there all of the 90's.

Cats I know your a hater but common! Just face it Ben was better then Carson last year. This year could be a different story You trying to discredit Ben in every way you can makes you look bad as you can see.

rep anyone? lol

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Big Ben was a HUGE reason for our success..not the only reason..but a big one. WE are a team and we give a team effort every week. Defense, running game, ST, it all makes for a winning success. We dont need to rely on Ben to win games for us, but for the most part, when we needed him, he came thru for us. That only leads to bigger and better things to come.

Go_Cats
07-21-2005, 12:53 AM
You know what figg, lets finish our conversation here, I'm tired of them saying their tired of the Big Ben threads.

att. for Palmer- 432---looks more comparable Carson missed a quarter of the season last year, and he still had higher numbers you tool!

Rating for Palmer- 77.3
Ben-98.1????? Why didnt you add in the playoffs to make up for Big Ben's missed games?

Yards for Ben- 2621 hahahahaha 276 less yards he would have got that in 30 att more lmfao @ you Probably closer to 700 (about 25% more than Bens total yards) considering Carson missed a game and a half more than Big Ben.

Palmer yards vrs Manning?? I assume you mean Peytons rookie year compared to Palmers 2nd year right?Well it was Carsons first year under center like Peytons

Palmer-2897 Carson missed a quarter of the season after you multiply that by 1.25 you get 3621.

Steve Bono only started 3 years for the Cheifs-93,94,95. Oh I get it you thought he was there all of the 90's. Good one figg, like there's really a difference between Bono and Elvis Garbage

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Cats , your tired of the Big Ben Threads? Two friggin bad, this is a Steelers site.

Palmers second years compared to Bens first year, is that really fair? We will see after this year. i`m not saying Palmers is a bad qb. But he isn`t way better than Ben. Like Brady, give me a guy that wins anyday, that is the main stat. Take all your personal stats, and shove them up your Palmer. We`ll take the team wins anyday. Thats your guys problem in Cici, and Cleveland , there is nothing else to get excited about so you need one good player, or you would have nothing. 16 years and counting on playoffless seasons. Nice job Bungholes. Nice friggin job.

Livinginthe past
07-21-2005, 05:47 AM
This looks like a thread with a bit of life to it - we even have people quoting stats at each other to prove their points :boxing:
A quick point Clevestinks - I believe that Go_Cats said that he was tired of other posters (Steelers posters I guess) saying that they are tired of Ben posts - not that he was tired himself.

I think this rivalry between Carson and Ben is to be expected but it very difficult to judge the players based on just one season.

Both are very talented QB's who have a shown a little of what they are capable of - maybe the Manning v Brady comparison will be a good one, especially if the Bengals continue to struggle so much on their D.

I expect Carson to put up big numbers this year - he has a talented WR corps to throw to - his challenge will be to make the big throws when they count.

Ben will see alot of different looks this year on other teams D - they wont be just blitzing the rookie as he burned a few teams last year for using this policy. Bens challenge will be to take on an increased workload - especially if teams start ganging up on the Pittsburgh running game by keeping 8-in-the-box.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

bengalsfan21
07-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Cats , your tired of the Big Ben Threads? Two friggin bad, this is a Steelers site.

Palmers second years compared to Bens first year, is that really fair? We will see after this year. i`m not saying Palmers is a bad qb. But he isn`t way better than Ben. Like Brady, give me a guy that wins anyday, that is the main stat. Take all your personal stats, and shove them up your Palmer. We`ll take the team wins anyday. Thats your guys problem in Cici, and Cleveland , there is nothing else to get excited about so you need one good player, or you would have nothing. 16 years and counting on playoffless seasons. Nice job Bungholes. Nice friggin job.

Palmers second year was really his first year, so technically it was his "rookie" season, he took no snaps in 04...Now as far as the dilfer ben comparision is going it's not right too compare a rookie to a veteran. We all have to admit somewhere downt the line Ben had a great rookie seson rather it was him or the team, and who cares about what happened last year that don't mean shit this is a new year and it will be new stats. Now if you guys want to argue in 15 years or so when they retire by all means go for it but I too am sick of seeing Ben vs Carson threads...The bottom line is they are both talented and are both great QB's.

ironcitychef
07-21-2005, 11:30 AM
My take...Ben's overinflated rating? it would be worse if he didn't throw a pick on his first throw of everygame, and we can add in Ben postseason rating as long as you throw in Carson's. What? He wasn't there? oh..., anyway doesn't more attempts and more yards become an overinflated stat when yout team is losing games in the fourth quarter and always seeing the prevent defense? I'm not saying that Ben didn't decline in the playoffs, but the fact his numbers are where they are for how little he attempted throws is amazing. While Carson's numbers being where they are because you have to try to get back into games is just understandable.

figg
07-21-2005, 03:01 PM
att. for Palmer- 432---looks more comparable Carson missed a quarter of the season last year, and he still had higher numbers you tool! Moron! My point is if your going to compare a QB to Dilfer start with Palmer. They like to throw as many td's as int's lol

Rating for Palmer- 77.3
Ben-98.1????? Why didnt you add in the playoffs to make up for Big Ben's missed games?
Ben's playoff #'s are better then Dilfers lol Lets add Palmers playoff games to make up for missed time? Oh thats right he didnt make the playoffs :busted:
Yards for Ben- 2621 hahahahaha 276 less yards he would have got that in 30 att more lmfao @ you Probably closer to 700 (about 25% more than Bens total yards) considering Carson missed a game and a half more than Big Ben. They both Started 13 games you dumb m fer lol Ben with 132 less att's only had 276 less yards lmfa@ you. You always love to bragg about Palmer having more yards lol

Palmer yards vrs Manning?? I assume you mean Peytons rookie year compared to Palmers 2nd year right?Well it was Carsons first year under center like Peytons
Peyton didnt get 2 mini camps and a offseason to learn his players and playbook like Palmer. :busted:

Palmer-2897 Carson missed a quarter of the season after you multiply that by 1.25 you get 3621. Palmer missed 3 games boo hoo. Dont even compare the 2 stupid. Maybe your not aware of this......Palmer had 1 great season in college the rest he was either hurt or just sucked! :busted:

Steve Bono only started 3 years for the Cheifs-93,94,95. Oh I get it you thought he was there all of the 90's. Good one figg, like there's really a difference between Bono and Elvis Garbage- Grbac played 2 years in the 90's for the Chiefs dummy lol try Dave Krieg,DeBerg,Montana,Gannon and Bono
Figg face it, you've lost this one, I've shut you up, and by doing so I am declaring myslef: "the new top smack talker- Stop trying to be like me. Your title should be 101 reasons why cats is such a moron

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Palmers second year was really his first year, so technically it was his "rookie" season, he took no snaps in 04...Now as far as the dilfer ben comparision is going it's not right too compare a rookie to a veteran. We all have to admit somewhere downt the line Ben had a great rookie seson rather it was him or the team, and who cares about what happened last year that don't mean shit this is a new year and it will be new stats. Now if you guys want to argue in 15 years or so when they retire by all means go for it but I too am sick of seeing Ben vs Carson threads...The bottom line is they are both talented and are both great QB's.

I agree , I too am tired of all the comparisons between the two. Now that we settled that, and we know Ben is better! LOL

I always here , whether it was Ben or the team. Enough already. None of Carsons success had to do with the team? That would be kind of insane wouldn`t it?

I`ll take W`s over stats anyday. In 15 years Carson Palmer may break all the qb records that there are. But as long as ben is winning rings. Talk, talk, talk.

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 08:24 PM

Ben not as productive??? Are you insane, 15-1 not productive? Productivity my friend is the end result. Wins and losses. Palmer may have better personal stats, Yippie for him. It is so obvious that you are not a team player. You all say how good Rudi is, and Husmentatzhhhhh, and Chad. These are team mates Is it them or is it Palmer? Stick your attempts and completions up your ass. Give our team the wins. While you and your idol Rosey Palmer rack up the stats.

Cats I really don`t know what to think of you? One minute you will say something football smart. But most of the time you are just a waste of time. Learn the game. Its football. Wins and losses. Not " I love Carson Palmer" Nice

figg
07-21-2005, 11:15 PM
FYI SF members-GoCats should be refered to as little ben from now on :busted:

Go_Cats
07-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Moron! My point is if your going to compare a QB to Dilfer start with Palmer. They like to throw as many td's as int's lol

Actually, I think those numbers are more applicable to Ben, because they both could just hand off the ball and rely on the defense.

Ben's playoff #'s are better then Dilfers lol Lets add Palmers playoff games to make up for missed time? Oh thats right he didnt make the playoffs :busted:

figg if you look back at Dilfers first 13 games in 97' you'll see that Dilfers rating is actually higher than Big Ben's, 118 to be exact, how can you steeler fans talk crap when your guy is never called upon to throw the ball. Just look at how well Dilfer did that year figg, and he's a crappie QB. Again figg, my point is that a crappie QB can amass a good rating for 13 games when he only has to make hand off the ball, and rely on the defense. Don't come back with me, with that "but Big Ben was a rookie" crap. Dilfers a shitty QB, whether he's a rookie or a 14 year vet, yet he put up a great rating for 13 games didn't he?

They both Started 13 games you dumb m fer lol Ben with 132 less att's only had 276 less yards lmfa@ you. You always love to bragg about Palmer having more yards lol

Figg Big Ben mind as well have started 14 games since he had to come back that first game (meaning he had to pass more than usual) and Carson missed about 1.5 games more than Big Ben

Palmer missed 3 games boo hoo. Dont even compare the 2 stupid. Maybe your not aware of this......Palmer had 1 great season in college the rest he was either hurt or just sucked! :busted:

Figg,,,, Carson won the hiesman trophy and was drafted 1st overall, that's more than what Big Ben did in college. Carson could have played hurt last year, but because we have a good QB right beneath him in the lineup, why risk it?

Grbac played 2 years in the 90's for the Chiefs dummy lol try Dave Krieg,DeBerg,Montana,Gannon and Bono

You know figg, your just making your self look worse and worse, the chiefs we're actually better with those shitty QB's (Bono and Garbage), and I really don't feel like listing all of them.

Stop trying to be like me. Your title should be 101 reasons why cats is such a moron

Thanks for another personal insult, I'm getting a little tired of not you (since you dont do that, that much), but cleve thowing around personal attacks like mud, isn't there any rules against that here?

Figg I think Bill Bellichek said it best about Carson and the Bengals offense, when he said that we're the best offense he played all season (and he played the colts and the steelers twice that year)

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 12:14 AM
yo fig and bengal 21 check this out!!
http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=39LR1TP3ZP7KF0QDWZQZ2S73K9

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 12:19 AM
I can see I've completly shut you up figg,,, what now figg?

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
yo fig and bengal 21 check this out!!
http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=39LR1TP3ZP7KF0QDWZQZ2S73K9
What is it?

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 12:23 AM
What did you think of the song Go cats!!

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 12:27 AM
What do you need to play it?

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 12:34 AM
What do you need to play it?

Nothing, click it and it will say down load and you listen to the song, and it doesnt take forver and it wont bug anything its safe!!

figg
07-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Actually, I think those numbers are more applicable to Ben, because they both could just hand off the ball and rely on the defense. Dilfers rating was 82.8 that year. :rolleyes:

figg if you look back at Dilfers first 13 games in 97' you'll see that Dilfers rating is actually higher than Big Ben's, 118 to be exact, how can you steeler fans talk crap when your guy is never called upon to throw the ball. Just look at how well Dilfer did that year figg, and he's a crappie QB. Again figg, my point is that a crappie QB can amass a good rating for 13 games when he only has to make hand off the ball, and rely on the defense. Don't come back with me, with that "but Big Ben was a rookie" crap. Dilfers a shitty QB, whether he's a rookie or a 14 year vet, yet he put up a great rating for 13 games didn't he? Dilfer is a better QB then Palmer lmfao! You provide the link that has Dilfer's rating at 118 for 13 straight games lol Explain why Ben won 27 games in a row college and pros combined? He's a winner! Let me know when you will be able to compare Palmer to a QB on a good streak :blurp:

Figg Big Ben mind as well have started 14 games since he had to come back that first game (meaning he had to pass more than usual) and Carson missed about 1.5 games more than Big Ben. Palmer left 2nd half against the Pats=12 1/2 Ben came in 2nd half of the Ravens game and left 2nd half of the last Raven game. So Ben played 13 games-lol a half difference. If Ben had 30 more pass att's he would have had more yards passing lol

Figg,,,, Carson won the hiesman trophy and was drafted 1st overall, that's more than what Big Ben in college. Carson could have played hurt last year, but because we have a good QB right beneath him in the lineup, why risk it? You know nothing so heres a little info you could take back to your Bengal buddies (not the ones with sense)He had 1 great year in college and the rest he sucked! Get it! Notice they won the championship the year after he left? To everyone that reads the following info-doesnt this look like the Palmer we watched play last year? Matching int and td's, low completion percentage,and injuries.
2001 SEASON
On the Davey O'Brien Award Watch list ? Completed 221 of 377 passes (58.6 percent) for 2,717 yards with 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions ? Also ran for 34 yards on 88 carries (0.4 avg.) with a score ? Had a span in 2001 where he threw 87 consecutive passes without an interception before getting picked off at Notre Dame.
2000 SEASON
Returned as USC's starting quarterback as a sophomore in 2000 after a shoulder injury knocked him out of the lineup early in 1999 ? Although he struggled somewhat in 2000, he often exhibited his outstanding potential, as he completed 228 of 415 passes (54.9 percent) for 2,914 yards and 16 touchdowns with 18 interceptions (tied a school season record with those pickoffs).
1999 SEASON
Coming off an eye-opening 1998 campaign, was off to an impressive beginning while starting USC's first three games (Hawaii, San Diego State and Oregon), but he broke his right collarbone two plays before halftime (scrambling for a 3-yard gain) at Oregon and was sidelined the rest of the season ? Because of the early-season injury, he was allowed to redshirt ? Overall, he completed 39 of 53 passes (73.6 percent) for 490 yards with 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions ? Also had 7 carries for 2 yards (0.3 avg.) with a score.
1998 SEASON
Just a first-year freshman, Palmer showed his precociousness with an impressive showing at quarterback ? After sharing playing time with starter Mike Van Raaphorst in USC's first eight games, Palmer took over the starting job vs. Washington to become only the second true freshman to start at quarterback for USC (along with Rob Johnson, who started once in 1991) and continued as the starter vs. Stanford, UCLA, Notre Dame and TCU in the Sun Bowl ? Overall while appearing in all 13 games, he was 130 of 235 (55.3 percent) for 1,755 yards and 7 touchdowns with 6 interceptions ? Also carried the ball 47 times for minus-116 yards (minus-2.5 avg.) with a score.
INJURY REPORT
Sat out two games during his 1997 high school year with a foot sprain ? Missed the final eight games of the 1999 season after fracturing his right collarbone vs. Oregon.

You know figg, your just making your self look worse and worse, the chiefs we're actually better with those shitty QB's, and I really don't feel like listing all of them. What are you talking about? You said Bono was there QB then you said it was Grbac and I corrected you. I never mentioned their record. So who looks bad here? :D

Thanks for another personal insult, I'm getting a little tired of not you (since you dont do that, that much), but cleve thowing around personal attacks like mud, isn't there any rules against that here? You annoy people because you have no idea what your talking about. It's so bad im thinking of putting you on my ignore list

Figg I think Bill Bellichek said it best about Carson and the Bengals offense, when he said that we're the best offense he played all season (and he played the colts and the steelers twice that year)link? Really? Best offense?? I thought Palmer had no help :rolleyes: Maybe if the bungals drafted a better backup RB Palmer wouldnt have thrown as much.

I think Parcells said it best when he said ?He is the best (quarterback) prospect I have seen in 10 or 15 years,? Parcells said Wednesday during a conference call. ?I have not seen anybody come in the league like that. The only guy that I can say came in, and the first year started playing like he is playing, is Dan Marino.? ?He is out of the pocket throwing 50-yard passes right on the money,? Parcells said. ?It is not going to be without growing pains, but I think he is in an ideal situation. They have good balance on offense. They are running the ball well. They have a good receiving corps. ... I am telling you, I am very, very impressed? http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6242987/

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Nothing, click it and it will say down load and you listen to the song, and it doesnt take forver and it wont bug anything its safe!!
I tried it and it doesn't work, anyone else having that problem?

figg
07-22-2005, 01:16 AM
I can see I've completly shut you up figg,,, what now figg?

really :busted:

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 01:22 AM
R u sure it supposed to say download here you click and it says click here and you see it loading and bamm the song plays!!

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 01:23 AM
This is stupid, you always say stuff like that. Give the man some credit. He threw the ball when called on, and did very well. 98.1 rating....what do you think they added points because he is Big Ben. It is math.....the numbers are there. He was very efficient.

I would rather have that, than Carson's under inflated rating. :laughing:

So if you blame Ben's high QB rating on him throwing so little. Do you blame Carson's low QB rating on him throwing too much?

Keep making excuses.....

I hope this year we run for 300 yards against you, and Ben goes 8 of 10 for 200 yards and 2 TD's. I will laugh in your face while Carson goes 22 of 44 for 300 yds 1 Td and 3 INT's.

Cats you seem like a cool guy, but I don't understand your veiws on Big Ben. It is getting pointless. Let their play on the feild do the talking.

I'm gonna get to you in a second figg, just want to answer this real quick. Your right he did have a good rating when called upon to throw, but it's alot easier to pass the ball when you have the defensive line stacking the line of scrimmage and a defense that can hold its own, so you dont have to force the ball.

figg
07-22-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm gonna get to you in a second figg, just want to answer this real quick. Your right he did have a good rating when called upon to throw, but it's alot easier to pass the ball when you have the defensive line stacking the line of scrimmage and a defense that can hold its own so you dont have to force the ball.

you had a 1400 yard RB lol Your D held it's own against us and Palmer choked 3 times

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 01:36 AM
you had a 1400 yard RB lol Your D held it's own against us and Palmer choked 3 times
Figg, even with that 1400 yard rusher we had the 17th ranked rushing attack while you guys had the number 2 rushing attack, and Carson didn't choke he played the number 1 ranked defense in both of those game, why must I shut you up everytime I'm in here?

figg
07-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Figg, even with that 1400 yard rusher we had the 17th ranked rushing attack while you guys had the number 2 rushing attack, and Carson didn't choke he played the number 1 ranked defense in both of those game, why must I shut you up everytime I'm in here?

Carson didnt choke??? He had a mental breakdown! How about that dumb saftey? How about the 2 int's for TD's? :rolleyes: You had the better threat in the back field. If teams didnt crowd the line to stop Rudy it's your coaches fault! He should have forced them to.

Im really going to put you on ignore!

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 01:43 AM
Carson didnt choke??? He had a mental breakdown! How about that dumb saftey? How about the 2 int's for TD's? :rolleyes: You had the better threat in the back field. If teams didnt crowd the line to stop Rudy it's your coaches fault! He should have forced them to.

Make a decent post and I won't have to tear it to shreds figg

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Yo did it work??

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 01:47 AM
No, I think I need quick time huh?

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 01:50 AM
NO JUST PLAY IT AND IT SHOULD WORK IT'LL EVEN WORK WITH REGULAR i TUNES!

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 01:52 AM

Chill bro chill,, jeez your getting worked up

figg
07-22-2005, 01:53 AM
I knew you would try to avoid my post lol Your officially on my ignore list. Here's a tip for you: If you dont know what your talking about dont say anything at all. BTW do you think Palmer thought a Steeler was chasing him when he fell on his face in the QB challenge? :funny:

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 02:01 AM
NO JUST PLAY IT AND IT SHOULD WORK IT'LL EVEN WORK WITH REGULAR i TUNES!
Yep, I dled ITunes and it works great, thanks man. Oh and figg cry me a river,,, you poor little squeeler fan, I'm just giving you the facts figg.

Tha rock
07-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Great stuff bro!!!

figg
07-22-2005, 02:22 AM
"I'm gonna get to you in a second figg"

really? :rolleyes:

figg
07-22-2005, 02:25 AM
oh yeah some more info for you--read and learn

Palmer
Lacks a quick arm, as the ball does not explode out of his hands ? Does not take command of the huddle the way he should ? Plays well in spurts, but until the second half of 2002, he did not show consistency ? Can be rattled under pressure ? Very streaky thrower who makes poor decisions when off his game, eyeing his primary targets too long ? Needs to do a better job of reading and reacting to the pass rush ? Will spray the ball at times on his long tosses.

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 03:18 AM
"I'm gonna get to you in a second figg"

really? :rolleyes:
You said you put me on ignore, so whats the point?

figg
07-22-2005, 08:19 AM
You said you put me on ignore, so whats the point?

ha ha ha ha :busted:

Livinginthe past
07-22-2005, 11:31 AM
ha ha ha ha :busted:

Personally I think that typing the word 'ha' 4 times and including a smiley should constitute a negative-rated post.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

figg
07-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Personally I think that typing the word 'ha' 4 times and including a smiley should constitute a negative-rated post.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

who cares what you think patsie? :rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
07-22-2005, 01:31 PM
who cares what you think patsie? :rolleyes:

:funny: move over cats you are so yesterday figg is making a new enemy

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 09:58 PM

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM
I agree good rep to you, and bad rep for figg

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Dilfers rating was 82.8 that year.

You always do that, manipulate someone elses post to may it easier for you to take down. I know his rating was 82.8 you tool, I didn't need you to point that out to me, I was just showing how easy it was to get a rating of 118 (much higher than Ben's) for the first 13 games with a shittier QB when all you have to do is make handoffs, and rely on the defense.

Dilfer is a better QB then Palmer lmfao! You provide the link that has Dilfer's rating at 118 for 13 straight games lol Explain why Ben won 27 games in a row college and pros combined? He's a winner! Let me know when you will be able to compare Palmer to a QB on a good streak

Figg he played at a small school in Miami of Ohio against inferior competition, he didnt have to face nearly the competition that Carson faced at USC, thats how he won there.

And here is the evidence Dilfer had a 118 rating through 13 games,
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/DilfTr00.htm

I believe I have given this to you before, :rolleyes: after you add those numbers up, you get these for the first 13 games (note to figg: FIRST 13 GAMES FOR THE TWENTIETH TIME!)

Big Ben

Cmp......Att......TD......INT.......Yards......RAT

184......275......15........9..........2445......9 9.0

Trent Dilfer 1997

Cmp......Att......TD.......INT.......Yards......RA T

187.......250......19......5...........2213....... 118.3

I calculated the rating on my own here
http://www.primecomputing.com/

See how easy it is for even a shitty QB like Dilfer to get a high rating? Figg you just keep making your self look worse, its 20 points higher than Big Bens hahahahahah :busted:

What are you talking about? You said Bono was there QB then you said it was Grbac and I corrected you. I never mentioned their record. So who looks bad here?

Figg here again your distorting my argument to make me look bad and its just not working. My argument is this: Saying that Big Ben was the reason for the Steelers success is like saying The Chief QB's in the 90's where the reason for them being one of the most winningest teams of that era. Figg it simply doesn't matter who their QB's where than because they where all shitty. Teams who have a good running game and defense can get by with a crappie quarterback.

What now figg?

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Bump, figg are you going to answer? Cuz if I've completly shut you up, its ok if another steeler fan answers

figg
07-23-2005, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=Go_Cats]You always do that, manipulate someone elses post to may it easier for you to take down. I know his rating was 82.8 you tool, I didn't need you to point that out to me, I was just showing how easy it was to get a rating of 118 (much higher than Ben's) for the first 13 games with a shittier QB when all you have to do is make handoffs, and rely on the defense. ah I just did the same thing and his rating came out to be 95.9

Figg he played at a small school in Miami of Ohio against inferior competition, he didnt have to face nearly the competition that Carson faced at USC, thats how he won there.
Why did USC win the year after Palmer left? Why did he suck every year until his last? :rolleyes:
And here is the evidence Dilfer had a 118 rating through 13 games, (that would be 95.9)

I believe I have given this to you before, :rolleyes: after you add those numbers up, you get these for the first 13 games (note to figg: FIRST 13 GAMES FOR THE TWENTIETH TIME!) Did you think I of all people would not do the #'s myself? I always provide facts in my arguments.
Big Ben

Trent Dilfer 1997

187.......250......19......5...........2213....... 118.3 heres the problem! You put whatever #'s you had to to get that QB rating he was 187-313-I even gave him 20 td's- Everyone reading this be kind enough to give Cat the rat neg rep for lying!
I calculated the rating on my own here Yeah you sure did cat the rat! I encourage everyone to do the numbers also just to see what a tool cats is!http://www.primecomputing.com/

See how easy it is for even a shitty QB like Dilfer to get a high rating? Yeah I see Figg you just keep making your self look worse, its 20 points higher than Big Bens hahahahahah :busted: I dont think so!

Figg here again your distorting my argument(Me? lol) to make me look bad and its just not working. My argument is this: Saying that Big Ben was the reason for the Steelers success(Me or any other Steelers fan here never said that. All we say is he was a big part of it) is like saying The Chief QB's in the 90's where the reason for them being one of the most winningest teams of that era. Figg it simply doesn't matter who their QB's where than because they where all shitty. Teams who have a good running game and defense can get by with a crappie quarterback. The running game was ok. From 90 through 99 they had 2 1000 yard rushers. Their Qb's played a bigger role than you think.
What now figg? I dont know. You gonna leave for being a lying rat?

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Big Ben

Trent Dilfer 1997

EDIT: That's right figg, your not suppose to get 20 TD's, if you do you added 14 games and not 13

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE=Go_Cats]You always do that, manipulate someone elses post to may it easier for you to take down. I know his rating was 82.8 you tool, I didn't need you to point that out to me, I was just showing how easy it was to get a rating of 118 (much higher than Ben's) for the first 13 games with a shittier QB when all you have to do is make handoffs, and rely on the defense. ah I just did the same thing and his rating came out to be 91.9

Why did USC win the year after Palmer left? Why did he suck every year until his last? :rolleyes:
And here is the evidence Dilfer had a 118 rating through 13 games, (that would be 91.9)

I believe I have given this to you before, :rolleyes: after you add those numbers up, you get these for the first 13 games (note to figg: FIRST 13 GAMES FOR THE TWENTIETH TIME!) Did you think I of all people would not do the #'s myself? I always provide facts in my arguments.
Big Ben

Trent Dilfer 1997

187.......250......19......5...........2213....... 118.3 heres the problem! You put whatever #'s you had to to get that QB rating he was 187-313-I even gave him 20 td's- Everyone reading this be kind enough to give Cat the rat neg rep for lying!

I calculated the rating on my own here Yeah you sure did cat the rat! I encourage everyone to do the numbers also just to see what a tool cats is!http://www.primecomputing.com/

See how easy it is for even a shitty QB like Dilfer to get a high rating? Yeah I see Figg you just keep making your self look worse, its 20 points higher than Big Bens hahahahahah :busted: I dont think so!

Figg here again your distorting my argument(Me? lol) to make me look bad and its just not working. My argument is this: Saying that Big Ben was the reason for the Steelers success(Me or any other Steelers fan here never said that. All we say is he was a big part of it) is like saying The Chief QB's in the 90's where the reason for them being one of the most winningest teams of that era. Figg it simply doesn't matter who their QB's where than because they where all shitty. Teams who have a good running game and defense can get by with a crappie quarterback. The running game was ok. From 90 through 99 they had 2 1000 yard rushers. Their Qb's played a bigger role than you think.
What now figg? I dont know. You gonna leave for being a lying rat?

I knew you would calculate them yourself figg and get the incorrect values and call out my integrity, making your self look even dumber figg. Figg you can easily see he had 19 TDs and 5 int's in those first 13 games, you know that rating is going to be in the hundreds,,,, Figg you should give me some Bengal Bucks for shutting you up!!!

figg
07-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Big Ben

Trent Dilfer 1997

12.........22....... 1........3...........152.........
------------------------------------------------------------
199........272......20......8...........2352.....1 11.3

My bad figg I forgot to add week 14

Why are you getting such a low value figg, cant you even add right?

I did mess up on the #'s here they are
The real #'s are 187 comp 313 att's for 2213 yrds 20td's 5 int's -rating is 94.9

What you lied about was his att's. Thats why you have his rating so high. :busted:

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 01:31 AM
figg man this sux, did you see what happened at the lair? Try to have a little fun and you get warned.

figg
07-23-2005, 01:39 AM
who cares? Now admit your a lying rat who would do anything to try to win a debate!

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 01:51 AM
That's what I got too figg must have made an honest mistake

figg
07-23-2005, 01:53 AM
That's what I got too figg must have made an honest mistake

lol you got 118 lol you lied and said Dilfer was 187 out of 250 LMFAO :busted: go....cats-it's over!

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Those numbers are still comparable to Bens you tool

figg
07-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Those numbers are still comparable to Bens you tool

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lying rat! You go from 118 to 94 lol and keep talking :blah:

You wish palmer could put up those #'s dont you? lol

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 12:31 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lying rat! You go from 118 to 94 lol and keep talking :blah:

You wish palmer could put up those #'s dont you? lol
Figg thats just like you to pick out one little speck thats wrong and avoid the entire post

figg
07-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Figg thats just like you to pick out one little speck thats wrong and avoid the entire post

You lied to try an make your point. Thats lame!

Go_Cats
07-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Figg you still havent answered my question, how does a crappie QB get a rating similar to Big Bens if Big Ben is gods gift to football?

BB2W
07-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Figg you still havent answered my question, how does a crappie QB get a rating similar to Big Bens if Big Ben is gods gift to football?

The question is.....How does a crappie QB get a better rating than Carson. Where does that place Palmer on the list of crappie QB's? Quit making excuses Cat. The season is over, and Ben clearly out-played Palmer. Give it a rest.....

figg
07-24-2005, 12:43 AM

He was on a good run what can I say? :rolleyes: Why did he have better stats then Palmer? :rolleyes:

I have a few questions for you.

1. (A)Why did Palmer suck every year in college until his last?
(B)Did he get lucky?

2. Why is Palmer tied for the USC record for int's in a season?

3. Why did USC win the national championship the year he left?

4.Why has did Ben win 27 games in a row?(dont want to here about compitition he is only one player)

5.Why did all the experts including Boomer the bungal say Ben had the best year ever for a rookie QB?

6.Who had a better season last year Ben or Palmer?

7.Why did Bill Parcels say those great things about Ben if he sucked so bad? (He is the best (quarterback) prospect I have seen in 10 or 15 years,? Parcells said Wednesday during a conference call. ?I have not seen anybody come in the league like that. The only guy that I can say came in, and the first year started playing like he is playing, is Dan Marino.? ?He is out of the pocket throwing 50-yard passes right on the money,? Parcells said. ?It is not going to be without growing pains, but I think he is in an ideal situation. They have good balance on offense. They are running the ball well. They have a good receiving corps. ... I am telling you, I am very, very impressed)

8.Why did you twist my words and say that I said the bungals had a better rushing attack? (in your sig) Every one can clealy see what I said. I said the bungals had a better option in their backfield. Rudi is better then Duce or Bettis at this point.

9.(A)If Palmer was the more productive out of the two(like you say) Why did Ben only have 276 less passing yards with 132 less att's? (B)And why did Ben throw one less TD pass then Palmer with 132 less att's?

10. (A)Why did you lie about Dilfers rating? Dont give me that honest mistake BS! It was so obvious. You said Dilfer was 187comp out of 250 att's.(B) You intentionally put 250 to bring Dilfers rating up didnt you? There is no way you could mistake the actual att's(313) for 250.

If you notice on the Blast Furnace link it says-Want to talk smack? Then back it up with facts! What goes on in the 'BF' stays in the 'BF'. Not for the meek of heart.
You disgraced yourself! :rolleyes:

End this now. You have no clue what your talking about. You admited you dont get to see many games and it shows. Your arguments are pointless.

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 01:51 AM
He was on a good run what can I say? Why did he have better stats then Palmer? :rolleyes:

I have a few questions for you.

1. (A)Why did Palmer suck every year in college until his last?
(B)Did he get lucky?

2. Why is Palmer tied for the USC record for int's in a season?

3. Why did USC win the national championship the year he left?

4.Why has did Ben win 27 games in a row?(dont want to here about compitition he is only one player)

5.Why did all the experts including Boomer the bungal say Ben had the best year ever for a rookie QB?

6.Who had a better season last year Ben or Palmer?

7.Why did Bill Parcels say those great things about Ben if he sucked so bad? (He is the best (quarterback) prospect I have seen in 10 or 15 years,? Parcells said Wednesday during a conference call. ?I have not seen anybody come in the league like that. The only guy that I can say came in, and the first year started playing like he is playing, is Dan Marino.? ?He is out of the pocket throwing 50-yard passes right on the money,? Parcells said. ?It is not going to be without growing pains, but I think he is in an ideal situation. They have good balance on offense. They are running the ball well. They have a good receiving corps. ... I am telling you, I am very, very impressed)

8.Why did you twist my words and say that I said the bungals had a better rushing attack? (in your sig) Every one can clealy see what I said. I said the bungals had a better option in their backfield. Rudi is better then Duce or Bettis at this point.

9.(A)If Palmer was the more productive out of the two(like you say) Why did Ben only have 276 less passing yards with 132 less att's? (B)And why did Ben throw one less TD pass then Palmer with 132 less att's?

10. (A)Why did you lie about Dilfers rating? Dont give me that honest mistake BS! It was so obvious. You said Dilfer was 187comp out of 250 att's.(B) You intentionally put 250 to bring Dilfers rating up didnt you? There is no way you could mistake the actual att's(313) for 250.

If you notice on the Blast Furnace link it says-Want to talk smack? Then back it up with facts! What goes on in the 'BF' stays in the 'BF'. Not for the meek of heart.
You disgraced yourself! :rolleyes:

End this now. You have no clue what your talking about. You admited you dont get to see many games and it shows. Your arguments are pointless.

Figg Matt Lienart has a far better supporting cast than Palmer had, if you look back at Carson's stats you'll see that they are just as prolific as Lienarts. Figg I already told you why Ben won 27 in a row, he played for a small school. At a small school you play against small time talent. At a big school (like USC) you play higher quality talent. If it was really that great of an achievement, Ben wouldn't have been the 3rd quarterback taking in the draft now would he? :coffee: Oh and it would be like a Steeler fan to bring up words of a head coach, that hasn't had a decent QB in years. I'm sure after having Q. Carter, Glen Foley, N. O'Donnell and Testaverde just about anybody, would look like the second coming of Phil Simms :rofl:

Figg I took it word for word from what you said, dont make me bump the post to show your foolishness

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 02:00 AM
This looks like a thread with a bit of life to it - we even have people quoting stats at each other to prove their points :boxing:
A quick point Clevestinks - I believe that Go_Cats said that he was tired of other posters (Steelers posters I guess) saying that they are tired of Ben posts - not that he was tired himself.

I think this rivalry between Carson and Ben is to be expected but it very difficult to judge the players based on just one season.

Both are very talented QB's who have a shown a little of what they are capable of - maybe the Manning v Brady comparison will be a good one, especially if the Bengals continue to struggle so much on their D.

I expect Carson to put up big numbers this year - he has a talented WR corps to throw to - his challenge will be to make the big throws when they count.

Ben will see alot of different looks this year on other teams D - they wont be just blitzing the rookie as he burned a few teams last year for using this policy. Bens challenge will be to take on an increased workload - especially if teams start ganging up on the Pittsburgh running game by keeping 8-in-the-box.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

Thanks bud, good rep to you :cheers:

figg
07-24-2005, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=Go_Cats]Figg Matt Lienart has a far better supporting cast than Palmer(same talent the year after Palmer left and won the title) had, if you look back at Carson's stats you'll see that they are just as prolific as Lienarts(No F-ing way! How about this? You go look up shit before you run your mouth! Palmer had these stats- 16td's 18 int's(tied for school record)13td's and 12 int's then had 33td's and 10int's.In Leinart's first year he had 38td's and 9 int's and then he had 33td's and 6int's. Who was better? It's not even close! Figg I already told you why Ben won 27 in a row, he played for a small school.(so it happens all the time? thats lame. At a small school you play against small time talent. At a big school (like USC) you play higher quality talent. If it was really that great of an achievement, Ben wouldn't have been the 3rd quarterback taking in the draft now would he?(Brady was picked when? Delhome when?If you read most profiles they all say he had the most talent.Teams were scared off because he played in the mac. They had no gut's just like the bungals in the draft when they took 1 year wonder palmer. They should have traded down and took Leftwich who also plays in the mac. Leftwich looks like the better player to me. He brought his team back in games and did so against the Steelers. :coffee: Oh and it would be like a Steeler fan to bring up words of a head coach, that hasn't had a decent QB in years. I'm sure after having Q. Carter, Glen Foley, N. O'Donnell and Testaverde just about anybody, would look like the second coming of Phil Simms :rofl: I dont know if you knew the bungals played against Dallas too and he didnt say anything about Palmer lol Im just showing you another example of what the whole football world thinks compared to you.

Figg I took it word for word from what you said, dont make me bump the post to show your foolishness. I know what I said. Go ahead and quote me. lol BTW you didnt answer most of the questions.

CantStop85
07-24-2005, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Go_Cats]Palmer had these stats- 16td's 18 int's(tied for school record)13td's and 12 int's then had 33td's and 10int's.
Ben Roethlisberger had 37 TD's and 10 int's during his last year at Miami of Ohio...not too different from Palmer's last year at USC. Ben had 4,486 yards in 14 games, while Palmer had 3,942 yards in 13 games. Ben's completion percentage was 69.1% while Palmer's completion percentage was 63.2%.

If you take into account the fact that Carson played one less game than Ben, then their stats are very similar. The biggest difference is that Palmer played in a tougher conference than Ben did...and that would probably even up the despairity between the completion percentages, although I do admit that Ben was a more efficient passer.

You want to point out the fact that Palmer struggled early in his career...yes he did. Then, after he learned the system and got more comfortable, he started lighting up defenses. Roethlisberger played basically the same ever since day one in Miami. These things held true in their first NFL seasons. Palmer struggled early in Cincinnati, then showed signs of improvement, while Ben stepped in and never lost a beat.

Ben is a little more mature than Palmer and was a little more NFL-ready coming out of college. He is/was very consistent and that will hold true for a very long time. However, I think that Carson never really reached his true potential while at USC as he was just getting things together during his senior year. It may take him a few years, but Palmer should be outperforming Ben and putting up Manning-esque numbers eventually in his career.

By the way...about the Bill Parcells thing...look at his recent selections of QB's...Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Drew Bledsoe (good, but way past his prime)...still as impressed by his comments? :blurp:

figg
07-24-2005, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=figg]
By the way...about the Bill Parcells thing...look at his recent selections of QB's...Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Drew Bledsoe (good, but way past his prime)...still as impressed by his comments? :blurp:

It doesnt mean he lost his eye for talent at the QB position. I didnt hear Parcells hype those players like he did Ben. It's not his fault his team wasnt high enough in the draft to get a top QB or that a FA top QB hasnt been available is it? On the other stuff- You pretty much agreed with me. Ben was the better QB and has been better thus far-college and pro. What we dont agree on is who will be better down the road-but thats fine. Nice post :cheers:

Prosdo
07-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Good post CantStop. I do think Carson has potential and talent. It's just what he does with that. I do think he will improve. I'm not sure he will out perform Ben down the road, but I'm sure he'll come into his own and do pretty well.

CantStop85
07-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I just think Ben will hit a plateau in his career and not get much better...not to say that he won't be good or anything...I'm just not sure if he has all the tools necessary to become a Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper, or Donovan McNabb kind of QB. I see him as a more talented Tom Brady...wins games with smart decisions. I see Palmer as a Manning-type QB in the future. But, I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind that comparison considering Brady is the one with the rings.

figg
07-24-2005, 07:30 PM
I dont get why people think he's not a great talent. He's got a great arm, he can move, and throws accurately. I think the sky is the limit with his talent.

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 08:10 PM
I dont get why people think he's not a great talent. He's got a great arm, he can move, and throws accurately. I think the sky is the limit with his talent.
Well he did get last place in the arm strength portion of the qb challenge, quess who was tied for first figg?

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Figg he had a few shitty seasons to start out, I'll admit that, but he got better at USC as he learned more and became the most valuable player in college football.

figg
07-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Well he did get last place in the arm strength portion of the qb challenge, quess who was tied for first figg?

1st off-he only got 1 throw off(for 66 yards)2nd the difference in yards from him to Palmer is like 4 or 5-no big difference-3rd Ben finished second in the overall challenge-were did Palmer finish? lol 4th- Ben dominated the target practice witha total of 58 points. He showed his arm strength when he threw the ball cross field and nailed the target(Palmer couldnt reach) 5th-why even bring up the challenge when your qb embarressed himself by falling on his facescroll down to - Steeler QB Big Ben Competes in NFL Quarterback Challenge in Florida 5/18/05 (http://kdka.com/kdvideo?cat=9&next=580) then missing his own WR (CJ)on a pass.

BB2W
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM

He didn't place last....unlike Carson Ben did not place last in a single event. Oh, and Palmer got second in the distance throw. Why do you stretch the truth "lie" to try and prove your point? You have no credibility, I guess the actual facts must not be in your favor. You know facts like 98.1 qb rating, and 14 and 0 as rookie....

figg
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Figg he had a few shitty seasons to start out, I'll admit that, but he got better at USC as he learned more and became the most valuable player in college football.

He was also injured a lot.

figg
07-24-2005, 08:34 PM
He didn't place last....unlike Carson Ben did not place last in a single event. Oh, and Palmer got second in the distance throw. Why do you stretch the truth "lie" to try and prove your point? You have no credibility, I guess the actual facts must not be in your favor. You know facts like 98.1 qb rating, and 14 and 0 as rookie....

Thanks bro-that's lame to stretch the truth like you did more than once. :cheers: BB2W

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh I forgot, Harrington got like 1 yard less than Ben

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 08:38 PM
1st off-he only got 1 throw off(for 66 yards)2nd the difference in yards from him to Palmer is like 4 or 5-no big difference-3rd Ben finished second in the overall challenge-were did Palmer finish? lol 4th- Ben dominated the target practice witha total of 58 points. He showed his arm strength when he threw the ball cross field and nailed the target(Palmer couldnt reach) 5th-why even bring up the challenge when your qb embarressed himself by falling on his facescroll down to - Steeler QB Big Ben Competes in NFL Quarterback Challenge in Florida 5/18/05 (http://kdka.com/kdvideo?cat=9&next=580) then missing his own WR (CJ)on a pass.
Figg Carson threw the ball 72 yards for the 20th time, and you accuse me of stretching the truth :rolleyes:

figg
07-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Figg Carson threw the ball 72 yards for the 20th time, and you accuse me of stretching the truth :rolleyes:

I said Ben threw it 66 and Carson beat him by 4-5 yards. Oh so he beat him by 6 yards lol. Ben didnt get his second throw off.

figg
07-24-2005, 08:46 PM
and you accuse me of stretching the truth :rolleyes:

Accuse :busted: The difference is you do it on purpose.

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Accuse :busted: The difference is you do it on purpose.
Figg I dont see how you can talk crap about Carson in college, he was the best player in the nation, drafted first overall, and won the hiesman trophy,,,,,, your buddie Worthlesberger wasn't even drafted in the top ten, so can it.

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I said Ben threw it 66 and Carson beat him by 4-5 yards. Oh so he beat him by 6 yards lol. Ben didnt get his second throw off.

Oh yeah figg, honest mistake, and it just had to be under 6 yards, why couldn't you have been over and said 7-8 yards :rolleyes:

figg
07-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Figg I dont see how you can talk crap about Carson in college, he was the best player in the nation, drafted first overall, and won the hiesman trophy,,,,,, your buddie Worthlesberger wasn't even drafted in the top ten, so can it.

He was garbage every year but 1 lol. The Bengals should have traded down and took Leftwich. He's better and showed me much more.

Go_Cats
07-24-2005, 09:35 PM
He was garbage every year but 1 lol. The Bengals should have traded down and took Leftwich. He's better and showed me much more.
Elaborate a little on what you said, before I completly shut you up

figg
07-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah figg, honest mistake, and it just had to be under 6 yards, why couldn't you have been over and said 7-8 yards :rolleyes:

I could have sworn it was 71 yards wich would have made it a 5 yard difference. Thats a honest mistake. Intentionally changing the att's to make a qb have a 118 rating is not.

Go_Cats
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM
You had to add the attempts by hand figg, I probably just missed a week

Go_Cats
07-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Finally your doing something intelligent, shutting up about the Leftwich comment.

CantStop85
07-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Sorry, but Leftwich is not better. He was not better in college and he's certainly not better now. You love MAC QB's don't you? Leftwich threw for 4268 yards, 30 TD's, and 10 int's...he was good and played hurt, but he wasn't as good as Palmer his senior year.

As far as NFL stats go, Leftwich threw for 2,819 yards, 14 TD's, 16 int's, and had a completion percentage of 57.2 and a QB rating of 73 in his first year starting...not better than Carson's first year starting. (Carson's stats: 2897 yards passing, 18 TD's, 18 int's, 60.9% completion, 77.3 QB rating.)

If you want to throw in Leftwich's 2nd year (last year): 2941 passing yards, 15 TD's, 10 int's, 60.5% completion, 82.2 QB rating...just barely better than Carson's first year starting.

Next argument?

Volpe1564
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
you cant gimme that second year is really his rookie year crap......ill say this once for the cheap seats!! HE HAD A WHOLE YEAR TO LEARN THE PLAYS AND THE SYSTEM!!!!.....if you dont understand how much of an advantage that is then you dont understand pro football....Ben on the other hand did not...if you remember....he had most of them written on his wrist......unlike Carson"i have to throw cause i dont have a real backfield" palmer.....

figg
07-25-2005, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=CantStop85]Sorry, but Leftwich is not better(agree to disagree) He was not better in college and he's certainly not better now. You love MAC QB's don't you no not really(hate Pennington as a nfl QB)-not blinded by the big school hype) Leftwich threw for 4268 yards, 30 TD's, and 10 int's...he was good and played hurt, but he wasn't as good as Palmer his senior year. He was more consitant threw his career. In addition to the 30 td's and 10 int's in 2002-in 2001 he had 38 td's and only7 int's- and in his first year he had 21 td's and 9 int's. More consistant then Palmer who stunk all but one year. Leftwich was better in college.

As far as NFL stats go, Leftwich threw for 2,819 yards, 14 TD's, 16 int's, and had a completion percentage of 57.2 and a QB rating of 73 in his first year starting...not better than Carson's first year starting (Less talent and didnt have the chance to learn the playbook. But still produced a year simular to Palmer. Dont forget he took over a team that was 6-10. (Carson's stats: 2897 yards passing, 18 TD's, 18 int's, 60.9% completion, 77.3 QB rating.) Leftwich was better in his 2nd year. Also brought his team back in a few games including the Steelers on Sunday night FB. Also had less talent.= Leftwich better thus far in the NFL.

Next argument? -----> :rolleyes:

figg
07-25-2005, 08:58 PM
you cant gimme that second year is really his rookie year crap......ill say this once for the cheap seats!! HE HAD A WHOLE YEAR TO LEARN THE PLAYS AND THE SYSTEM!!!!.....if you dont understand how much of an advantage that is then you dont understand pro football....Ben on the other hand did not...if you remember....he had most of them written on his wrist......unlike Carson"i have to throw cause i dont have a real backfield" palmer.....

f-ing a! Bungal fans always love to over look that. :cheers:

Go_Cats
07-25-2005, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=CantStop85]Sorry, but Leftwich is not better(agree to disagree) He was not better in college and he's certainly not better now. You love MAC QB's don't you no not really(hate Pennington as a nfl QB)-not blinded by the big school hype) Leftwich threw for 4268 yards, 30 TD's, and 10 int's...he was good and played hurt, but he wasn't as good as Palmer his senior year. He was more consitant threw his career. In addition to the 30 td's and 10 int's in 2002-in 2001 he had 38 td's and only7 int's- and in his first year he had 21 td's and 9 int's. More consistant then Palmer who stunk all but one year. Leftwich was better in college.

As far as NFL stats go, Leftwich threw for 2,819 yards, 14 TD's, 16 int's, and had a completion percentage of 57.2 and a QB rating of 73 in his first year starting...not better than Carson's first year starting (Less talent and didnt have the chance to learn the playbook. But still produced a year simular to Palmer. Dont forget he took over a team that was 6-10. (Carson's stats: 2897 yards passing, 18 TD's, 18 int's, 60.9% completion, 77.3 QB rating.) Leftwich was better in his 2nd year. Also brought his team back in a few games including the Steelers on Sunday night FB. Also had less talent.= Leftwich better thus far in the NFL.

Next argument? -----> :rolleyes:

Figg Leftwich played for Marshall, an inferior school to USC and didnt face the pro level defenses that Palmer faced..... Figg just look at Leftwich's numbers, are you really that much of a tool to think that he is better than Palmer?

figg
07-25-2005, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Go_Cats][QUOTE=figg]

Figg Leftwich played for Marshall, an inferior school to USC and didnt face the pro level defenses that Palmer faced(And dominated in all his seasons(college). Also played with inferior players)..... Figg just look at Leftwich's numbers, are you really that much of a tool to think that he is better than Palmer? Look at his #'s were? College? He kills him their! In the pro's he's been better thus far with less weapons. Are you that much of a moron to say Palmer has been better through his whole career? I'll take his 3 seasons in college over Palmers 1. And I'll take his NFL career so far. You act like Palmer has done so much lol 1 great season. Get a clue. You barely get a chance to watch the games :busted:

CantStop85
07-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Can you please...how can I put this...use the quote tag properly, please? Thank you.

figg
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Can you please...how can I put this...use the quote tag properly, please? Thank you.

I thought it was obvious I do it on purpose :nerd:

figg
07-25-2005, 11:22 PM
You had to add the attempts by hand figg, I probably just missed a week

a week? I cant believe I missed this one lol You were off by 63 att's :busted:

BB2W
07-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Figg Leftwich played for Marshall, an inferior school to USC and didnt face the pro level defenses that Palmer faced

The Pac-10 is a joke.....everybody knows that. It is like the 4th strongest conference just in front or tied with the MAC. You talk about the Pac-10 like it is a tough conference. It is weak! The only thing tough about the Pac-10 is USC. The MAC is on the rise.....

BB2W
07-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey Cats....I did some resarch into the Pac-10/MAC debate. Bowl games are a chance for teams to comete against teams from other conferences. Usually unique opponents they would otherwise not get a chance to play. Obviously each conference sends the best it has to offer. That said.....

Since 2000 the PAC-10's winning percentage in bowl games is .500

Since 2000 the MAC's winning percentage in bowl games is .730

:stickout:

CantStop85
07-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey Cats....I did some resarch into the Pac-10/MAC debate. Bowl games are a chance for teams to comete against teams from other conferences. Usually unique opponents they would otherwise not get a chance to play. Obviously each conference sends the best it has to offer. That said.....

Since 2000 the PAC-10's winning percentage in bowl games is .500

Since 2000 the MAC's winning percentage in bowl games is .730

:stickout:
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/1552/tyler2020zacharythumbs20up4mr.jpg

Go_Cats
08-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Alright figg lets play madden, got everything, its on like donkey kong

bengalsfan21
08-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Man this thread is still alive?....How is your rep 0 you should be in the - like me, I used to think I was the most like Bengals fan around here but Brian had to come take that title from me..... :boxing:

figg
08-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Alright figg lets play madden, got everything, its on like donkey kong

whats your name?

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:17 AM
whats your name?
BengalBen, figg I need help with the hole process tho, not sure I've done it right

figg
08-13-2005, 12:18 AM
WTF? :rolleyes:

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:20 AM
What?... The site is so un user friendly

figg
08-13-2005, 12:22 AM
I told you a long time ago how to do it. Whats the problem?

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:24 AM
ok I think I've registered and everything, how do I actually play?

figg
08-13-2005, 12:34 AM
ok I think I've registered and everything, how do I actually play?

did you click on play online? And if so you have to except the espn promotion.

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:36 AM
did you click on play online? And if so you have to except the espn promotion.
where is it, not sure what your talking about,, so you go to easports.com, than what?

figg
08-13-2005, 12:38 AM
where is it, not sure what your talking about,, so you go to easports.com, than what?

no. 1.Turn on your game 2. Go to game modes 3.Click on play online 4. You probably have to register their. 5. Have fun

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:39 AM
no. 1.Turn on your game 2. Go to game modes 3.Click on play online 4. You probably have to register their. 5. Have fun
I'll try that figg, whats your name on there?

figg
08-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Do you have a router? If not you have to disconnect your computer and plug your PS2 in.

figg
08-13-2005, 12:42 AM
I'll try that figg, whats your name on there?

Jack Meoff

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Jack Meoff
hahahahaha fa real?

figg
08-13-2005, 12:46 AM
hahahahaha fa real?

:busted: just kidding

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 12:48 AM
I looked under figg, and it showed no one

figg
08-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Ben2Miller83

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 01:04 AM
ok figg its on like donkey kong

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Figg how do I find you on there

figg
08-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Figg how do I find you on there

your in? :)

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 01:52 AM
your in? :)
ya I am, just beat a guy 34-10

figg
08-13-2005, 01:52 AM
ya I am, just beat a guy 34-10

your name?

figg
08-13-2005, 01:54 AM
I thought you wanted to play me????

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 01:54 AM
your name?
bengalben figgster :beerbang:

I do figg lets go

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 02:02 AM
your going down figg

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 02:59 AM
final score 10-2

those 4 minute qtrs are too short, your lucky figg

figg
08-13-2005, 03:55 AM
final score 10-2

those 4 minute qtrs are too short, your lucky figg

Is 24-7 better? :busted: 2-0 against you!

bengalsfan21
08-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Cats you have disgraced bengalville, I am suspending you for a week. :pity:

Go_Cats
08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
he's tough tho, Im 2-2 on there, so I'm not that bad, I'll kick your ass when you get on here

BlitzburghRockCity
08-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Cats you have disgraced bengalville, I am suspending you for a week. :pity:

Again ??? :rofl:

figg
08-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Again ??? :rofl:

lmfao! :busted:

Go_Cats
08-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Thats it figg I'm filing a petition against you at Bengaldom :D,,,, Alright figg I've practiced, prepare for your defeat

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey figg Im 2-1 against you at fantasy football soon to be 3-1 after this week. It really should be 4-0 but hey, if there wasnt luck involved Id win every time

Go_Cats
05-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Hey figg Im 2-1 against you at fantasy football soon to be 3-1 after this week. It really should be 4-0 but hey, if there wasnt luck involved Id win every time
Figg Gay cats is that the best you can come up with?