View Full Version : Do we have a chance? I think so

bradness113
10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
what do u guys think

do we have a chance?

We have to win out and hope balt and cinc go down the toilet

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 11:01 AM
I believe we have a chance but it's a slim to none chance and slim is looking for the door.

We definitely have to win out! It's not impossible but it's going to be difficult if they don't pull it together...one game at a time! They can't look past anyone anymore. Especially this coming week as they face a Denver team the killed back in January!

bozz723
10-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I just don't get how everyone is declaring this season over. I understand we are 2-5 and baltimore is 5-2, and cincy is 4-3. However yu need to understand that, we play baltimore twice, cincy once, and they play tough teams ahead. Both teams are mediocre at best, and we really, honest to God, have a better than 80% chance of winning out.

If miracles dont happen, like in our 5 losses, we win. I think all those miracles ran out for the opposing teams.

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 11:40 AM
It just boils down to the fact that we've got to play as well as Baltimore and Cincy the rest of the year, and beat their asses when we play them head-to-head.

They also play each other twice, so that's some free ground that we should pick up on them too.

And when those two do lose, the Steelers need to do themselves a favor and put a W up and not give their games away (as they have in 3 of the 5 loses)!

PatriotDynasty
10-30-2006, 11:40 AM
No, you have NO CHANCE. You are DONE!

Need4spd
10-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I just don't get how everyone is declaring this season over. I understand we are 2-5 and baltimore is 5-2, and cincy is 4-3. However yu need to understand that, we play baltimore twice, cincy once, and they play tough teams ahead. Both teams are mediocre at best, and we really, honest to God, have a better than 80% chance of winning out.

If miracles dont happen, like in our 5 losses, we win. I think all those miracles ran out for the opposing teams.

Wow, you are really really optimistic. Not that I'm trying to rain on your parade here, but how can you say that the Steelers have a "better than 80% chance of winning out?" They are 2-5 and just lost to the Raiders who before yesterday were universally considered to be the worst team in the NFL. Today you would probably have to include the Steelers in that conversation.

Now before you go calling me a fair-weather fan, please understand that all I'm doing is giving you a painfully realistic take on this team and the current state of their season. One more thing, the Steelers as a team are second in the league only to Oakland in turnovers this season, I wouldn't exactly call that a "miracle." :dang:

MACH1
10-30-2006, 12:11 PM
The only way this team makes the playoffs is to out right win the division. After the raiders game I dont think we'll get a lot of breaks if it comes down to tie breakers.

SteelersMongol
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
It just boils down to the fact that we've got to play as well as Baltimore and Cincy the rest of the year, and beat their asses when we play them head-to-head.

They also play each other twice, so that's some free ground that we should pick up on them too.

That's what I was thinking. We still have a chance. I know it's not looking so good, but we've done it before. Even if we don't win, we could still give them Bungles, Clowns, Ratbirds a hell of a season. Ha ha ha. Watch us play! Go Steelers! :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah its possible, but it also is possible for the Browns to win the division.

Wild card is gone.

To win the division, Steelers need to go 5-0 in the remaining division games and somehow make up another game on Cincy and the Ravens (they play each other twice so I guess we hope for a split).

After losing to the Raiders I just do not see it. When the offense plays well the D collapses; with regard to the O the running game has collapsed (cannot score from first and goal inside the one!) and it looks like Ben just needs to get out of this year in one piece while getting his head together (physically and mentally) for 2007.

Btrice
10-30-2006, 12:19 PM
No chance whatsoever. We could be a spoiler though that is about it. This season has now become about playing for pride.

Need4spd
10-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah its possible, but it also is possible for the Browns to win the division.

Wild card is gone.

To win the division, Steelers need to go 5-0 in the remaining division games and somehow make up another game on Cincy and the Ravens (they play each other twice so I guess we hope for a split).

After losing to the Raiders I just do not see it. When the offense plays well the D collapses; with regard to the O the running game has collapsed (cannot score from first and goal inside the one!) and it looks like Ben just needs to get out of this year in one piece while getting his head together (physically and mentally) for 2007.

Well said on all counts. Not only will the Steelers need to go 5-0 in the remaining division games, but they will need to run the table the rest of the season. This division will be won with at the very least an 11-5 record. Having said that, if the Steelers could finish the season at 10-6, that would almost seem like something of an accomplishment at this point.

augustashark
10-30-2006, 02:01 PM
No chance whatsoever. We could be a spoiler though that is about it. This season has now become about playing for pride.

You're right, we could win out and the Bengals could lose a couple of games and the last game of the season would be for the divison. Come on!, there is a chance. Its a very small chance, but there is one.

If you are so sure that its over for them then put your $$ where your mouth is.

By the your post I would say that you would agree to a bet of 100-1.

So I'll bet you $20.00 at 100-1 that the Steelers will win the divison.

What do you say?

Btrice
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
You're right, we could win out and the Bengals could lose a couple of games and the last game of the season would be for the divison. Come on!, there is a chance. Its a very small chance, but there is one.

If you are so sure that its over for them then put your $$ where your mouth is.

By the your post I would say that you would agree to a bet of 100-1.

So I'll bet you $20.00 at 100-1 that the Steelers will win the divison.

What do you say?

Actually if I knew you in real life or knew you well enough I would take that bet. For various reasons I try to minimize the exposure of any specific details of my person on the net. Job. IP address, location, those are all fine, except what I do for a living does kind of narrow it down a bit :)

But you are right, there is a single chance. And until yesterday I was sure that would still be the outcome and I let the Browns fan in the office know it. I guess I should clarify, when the odds are in the 100+ to 1 realm I always say there is no chance. Would I like to be eating crow come January, you better believe it.

Infamix
10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
For the amount of money that is a pointless bet.