PDA

View Full Version : Quit Crying

sumo
10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I can't believe all the threads I'm reading today - Band Wagon, Cowher's quitting, we suck yada yada yada - this is the greatest time of year!!! - NFL and college football seasons are in full swing - most of us are huge Steeler fans, but no matter how the Steelers do - it's still football season - quit crying and enjoy the rest of the season !!! -

HometownGal
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't believe all the threads I'm reading today - Band Wagon, Cowher's quitting, we suck yada yada yada - this is the greatest time of year!!! - NFL and college football seasons are in full swing - most of us are huge Steeler fans, but no matter how the Steelers do - it's still football season - quit crying and enjoy the rest of the season !!! -

Amen buddy! :thumbsup: Crying over spilt milk is just that - crying over spilt milk. We can't change what was - let's concentrate on what can be. :tt02:

tony hipchest
10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
its still gonna be fun to watch the remaining steeler games. there are some good matchups awaiting. i just want to see more good ones like atl and kc as opposed to the bad ones like against oak and jax.

Hines86Ward
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Bravo! :cheers: Nicely said!

Haiku_Dirtt
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM

Echo this. AMEN INDEED.

We still have the Broncos at home. Seeing Shanahan lose to Cowher is priceless.

Spanking Cincy in Cincy. Again. Priceless.

And Baltimore twice? Bring it on baby....

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
With respect to devoted Steelers fans enjoying the remainder of the football season while the Steelers season has flipped over and burst into flames, I am reminded of the line
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the play?"

While I will still be watching the Steelers first and foremost for the rest of the year, I can fall back on the Falcons sudden resurgence (courtesy of the Steelers) - let's just say a Falcons run this January will not be the same as last January.

I am a big football fan every season but it obviously is nowhere near as enjoyable when the Steelers season effectively is over before Halloween, an event we fortunately have not been experiencing very often the last 14 years.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
With respect to devoted Steelers fans enjoying the remainder of the football season while the Steelers season has flipped over and burst into flames, I am reminded of the line
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the play?"

While I will still be watching the Steelers first and foremost for the rest of the year, I can fall back on the Falcons sudden resurgence (courtesy of the Steelers) - let's just say a Falcons run this January will not be the same as last January.

I am a big football fan every season but it obviously is nowhere near as enjoyable when the Steelers season effectively is over before Halloween, an event we fortunately have not been experiencing very often the last 14 years.

Yes we are not use to having the Steelers season being over before Halloween the last 14 years. But alot of NFL fans would have killed to have the same success the Steelers have had the last 14 years. Thats why right now I won't complain any more about this season. It is what it is. Yes I would like to see the Steelers finish strong. But if not it improves their draft status. So all isn't lost. The Steelers have the talent to rebound in 2007.

Stillers#1
10-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Amen....and there is still a slight chance of winning the division if we win out.

floodcitygirl
10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
As I said in a thread yesterday, the fat lady may be in her dress and center stage...but she hasn't sung yet on THIS season. If that time comes, we can still enjoy the games and look forward to next season. As I replied to a friend that is a Bengal fan, when I'm feeling badly about the team that I support, I can always go look at our 5 Lombardi's and it helps me feel better. I would have liked to suggest that he could do the same after yesterday's Bengal loss...but then I realized who I was talking to.....and that somehow made me feel good too!!! (lol) :tt02: