PDA

View Full Version : You thought last years run was amazing!

augustashark
10-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Well, we now have a chance of doing one even greater. I did some reserch and found that there have been like 5 teams that started 2-5 and made the playoffs.

Would make for another wonderful ride, would it not?

I will reply to this thread everyweek until we are mathematically out of it.

If you're with me then say so, if not then don't even bother I don't have the time to debate why they can or can not make it.

Just for the ones who still have the hope!

Infamix
10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
If we lose next week, and either the Bengals and Ravens win, we are out of it. I still have hope

ajs8207
10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
If we lose next week, and either the Bengals and Ravens win, we are out of it. I still have hope

The Ravens and Bengals play each other next week.

MACH1
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Almost have to root for the bungles next week.:pissed: :pissed:

gregstephens
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
So basically, if the Steelers lose and Baltimore wins, that will be a four game difference with eight remaining. Guess what, Pittsburgh, you need to root for Cincy Sunday.

Infamix
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM

good point lol, but I meant in general, if the Ravens and Bengals start winning

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm in it for the long haul!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 03:16 PM
So basically, if the Steelers lose and Baltimore wins, that will be a four game difference with eight remaining. Guess what, Pittsburgh, you need to root for Cincy Sunday.

Can't we just cheer them on to beat the crap out of each other and tie?

floodcitygirl
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Can't we just cheer them on to beat the crap out of each other and tie?Now THAT made me laugh!!!!! :sofunny:

Infamix
10-30-2006, 03:48 PM

haha wow :tt02:

gregstephens
10-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Admittedly, I didn't consider that option. :)

Need4spd
10-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Has a team ever started out 2-6 and made the playoffs? If not, I think we should go ahead and tank the next game too just for the sake of making history! :sofunny:

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Has a team ever started out 2-6 and made the playoffs? If not, I think we should go ahead and tank the next game too just for the sake of making history! :sofunny:

While that would be nice to add another, "Look what we did" notch in our history belt, I'd more prefer to go ahead and beat the crap out of the next 11 opponents and end the shannigans! Roll into the playoffs and have a little party for Steelers Nation in Miami!

skinart82
10-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm with the Steelers all the way....just hold on to the damn ball

dustyblades
10-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I've got to be honest everybody. I've crossed my fingers and held my breath in the hopes of miracles through Neil O'Donnel, Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomszack, and Bubby Brister (ok everybody since Bradshaw). Why on earth would I give up when we finally have some one with not only the talent, but the type of personality that makes a fan want to put the game in his hands. Ben is that guy. True he has a lot to learn about being a quarterback in the NFL, but something tells me that we still have a lot to learn about him, as well as the rest of the team. In short, NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!

Rock on Steeler Nation

Peace out

dsk1975
10-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I am with you!!!!!!!!!:cheers: Dusty you forgot Mark Malone. :flap: LOL

SteelCityMan786
10-30-2006, 04:49 PM

The Fight is not over yet. It's only begun.

RichmondVA
10-30-2006, 04:52 PM
With a straight face I can tell you... We are not cooked yet. We have to play better (No s^%t) but we have 2 games left against the Ravens one one against the Bengals. The Bengals and Ravens play each other twice still. If they split and we win out... We win the division! Even at 2-5 we almost control our own destiny. I am not kidding... but...

WE HAVE TO PLAY BETTER... LORD KNOWS... WE CAN'T PLAY MUCH WORSE!

blackngoldbaby
10-30-2006, 06:57 PM
i know it will be tough for the steelers to pull it off but I WILL BELIVE!!! I WILL ALWAYS BELIVE!! BUT WE HAVE TO PLAY MUCH BETTER AND YES HOLD ON TO THE DANG FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
With a straight face I can tell you... We are not cooked yet. We have to play better (No s^%t) but we have 2 games left against the Ravens one one against the Bengals. The Bengals and Ravens play each other twice still. If they split and we win out... We win the division! Even at 2-5 we almost control our own destiny. I am not kidding... but...

WE HAVE TO PLAY BETTER... LORD KNOWS... WE CAN'T PLAY MUCH WORSE!

As Long as we win out of course.

sman23
10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I like that thinking. They can take each other out!!! Go Steelers!!!!

SteelCzar76
10-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Well, we now have a chance of doing one even greater. I did some reserch and found that there have been like 5 teams that started 2-5 and made the playoffs.

Would make for another wonderful ride, would it not?

I will reply to this thread everyweek until we are mathematically out of it.

If you're with me then say so, if not then don't even bother I don't have the time to debate why they can or can not make it.

Just for the ones who still have the hope!

:helmet: "Nuff said"

"Hail Caesar,....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stillers4me
10-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I always have hope!! We have a nice trophy collection started.......

LarryNJ
10-30-2006, 08:11 PM
It's not over till it's over.
-- Yogi Berra

Did any of those 2-5 teams make the Super Bowl?

touchdownward
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Should be alot of parole officers in the crowd with those two teams playing. :wink02:

siss
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Like I said earlier, they will have to pry the Terrible Towl out of my cold dead hand!

MattsMe
10-30-2006, 11:51 PM
The Steelers won 15 in a row in 2004, and 8 in a row last year. 9 in a row is not out of the question. After that, anything could happen. Longshot? Absolutely. Impossible? HA!

SteelerFanInCA
10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm in it for the long haul!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto on that!!!!

SteelerFanInCA
10-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Should be alot of parole officers in the crowd with those two teams playing. :wink02:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

SuckItUp
10-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, I hate to be the one to crash on the party, but you're all dreaming and deep down inside you know it.

Hey look at the bright side, the more games the Steelers lose this year, the better their draft pick will be. Next year they'll come back sober and pissed with more talent. Then they'll have a chance. :tt02:

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, I hate to be the one to crash on the party, but you're all dreaming and deep down inside you know it.

Hey look at the bright side, the more games the Steelers lose this year, the better their draft pick will be. Next year they'll come back sober and pissed with more talent. Then they'll have a chance. :tt02:

How do you cheer on the Steelers to lose in order to get a better draft pick? That is never the option (imho)! I don't think we're dreaming. This team has done the impossible before. They can do it again. It becomes a dream when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs!

meelanova
11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Why are some people so concerned with next year's rookies. Has anyone seen what this year's rookies and second-year players are doing?

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Why are some people so concerned with next year's rookies. Has anyone seen what this year's rookies and second-year players are doing?

Amen!

cbalke
11-01-2006, 11:02 AM
i'm in.

memphissteelergirl
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm with the Steelers all the way....just hold on to the damn ball

LOL....ya got that one right! :wink02:

Big D
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
How do you cheer on the Steelers to lose in order to get a better draft pick? That is never the option (imho)! I don't think we're dreaming. This team has done the impossible before. They can do it again. It becomes a dream when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs!

well put my man... If we start doing this we might as well be bengal fans

SteelerFanInCA
11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
There is also a little something called "playing for pride" as well. You should never want to see your team lose if you are a true fan of the team. :tt02: :tt02:

Big D
11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I hope cowher does everything he can to make another superbowl run possible. I think it would be a perfect end to his hall of fame career for us to win all of our remaining games and storm through the playoffs the way we did last year