PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi To Sit Out Season

Livinginthe past
07-21-2005, 04:51 AM
There is a feeling of disappointment and relief today in Patriots nation after Tedy Bruschi revealed that he will not play next year.
My own personal take is that we will miss Tedy as both an excellent player and an inspirational leader on the field.
Having said this I am also relieved that we dont have to worry on every defensive down that this hit could be the one that endangers his life.

So props to Tedy for making the right decision for him and his family - we hope to see him back fit and healthy in 2006 to defend the SB.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

Prosdo
07-21-2005, 07:32 AM
I think Bruschi made the right choice. As you said every down makes you worry if that could endanger his life and I'm sure that is the case with his family. It's never fun to see a player in such a situation. Good luck to him and I hope he finds his way back to the NFL in 06.

ironcitychef
07-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Pats Steelers aside. I am very glad to see a player make this choice. Even when so many are suiting up with NE with another SB ring dangling in front, it had to be such a hard decision for Teddy being the competitor he is. He probably even feels like he is letting his team down a little, which from a fans perspective is untrue after this choice.

Dirtywater
07-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Pats Steelers aside. I am very glad to see a player make this choice. Even when so many are suiting up with NE with another SB ring dangling in front, it had to be such a hard decision for Teddy being the competitor he is. He probably even feels like he is letting his team down a little, which from a fans perspective is untrue after this choice.

We are all in argeement on this issue, and that is nice to see.

He is going to be almost a coach this season. Staying with the team, being in meetings, and I believe possibly being on the sidelines. That has got to be hard, but I think this will give him a chance to feel a part of the team.

Prosdo
07-21-2005, 01:05 PM
We are all in argeement on this issue, and that is nice to see.

He is going to be almost a coach this season. Staying with the team, being in meetings, and I believe possibly being on the sidelines. That has got to be hard, but I think this will give him a chance to feel a part of the team.

I do agree that will probably be hard, but at the same time it will probably be very good for him. If he is on the sidelines he can still be a part of the team in a way. It will also be good for the Patriots if he is still around them because his leadership will still be there.

LambertIsGod58
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
As much as I hate the Patriots, I like the way Brushci plays. Very tough, tenacious player. I like that he values his life more than the game too.

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 05:54 PM
He already has the cash , the rings and the fame. He made the right desicision. Not being able to run and play with your kids , isn`t worth everything. Props Teddy.

Go_Cats
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
I'm happy that Bruschi is gone, I'm tired of these bandwagon Patriot fans running their mouths every offseason about how much better they are than all the teams (not directed towards you DW)

ironcitychef
07-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Man talk about motivation. Which is worse...Bruschi spitting at you behind a face mask telling you on the field what to do, or him in khackis and a NE polo on the side line ready to go out on the field and take over for you(without equipment) if you start slacking off. Anyone remember Lloyd on our sideline for those games?

bigbensgirl7
07-22-2005, 12:31 PM
I think he made the right decision and even though it will be tough for him, I wish him the best of luck in everything!

bengalsfan21
07-22-2005, 12:34 PM
What is really crazy is before the Super Bowl they showed him playing with his kids and then he played the SB and was as healthy as a horse....All of the sudden he had a stroke, I agree with him making the right decision I wouldn't be surprised if he just retired.