PDA

View Full Version : Cowher is letting Ben shoot himself in the foot.

clarient
10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
SOOOO... who remembers last year when Ben got injured? He hurt his thumb, and he was out for the next week? The knee injury had him on the bench for two weeks?

And this season, he gets into a serious motorcycle accident and introduces his head to a windshield, has his jaw rebuilt with strip of METAL, and he missed like, a day of practice? And then ABDOMINAL SURGERY, and he misses one game? And then he suffers ANOTHER concussion and is back in the game the following week?!

Something seems WRONG to me here! Cowher should be GLUING Ben's butt to the bench if that's what it takes. Last year it was like he was made of glass - Oh God, the QB's hurt, protect him, protect him - and now everybody treats him like Superman, Indestructible Quarterback Extraordinaire!!

So a possibility - Ben's first two years in the NFL were charmed and maybe he needs a struggle to bring him down to earth. He keeps talking his way back onto the field - "I can play coach, I can play, let me play!" - and Cowher says, "Fine, you THINK you can play, Golden Boy? Head on in and see just how well you can play." And hopefully in the meantime he learns a lesson on how to judge himself and how it will affect his team and his organization.

What do ya'll think?! Too far out of the realm of possibility? Any countertheories? Am I completely insane?! Or maybe... it's just so crazy... it might be true?

Infamix
10-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Let the loss to the Raiders wear off, and you will be OK.

touchdownward
10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Maybe Cowher knows it's his last season as coach of the Steelers and he wants to go out a winner and Ben gives him the best shot.

Or maybe Cowher knows how quickly rust sets in on his young QB and is trying to keep that from happening.

I'm really just joking, but if I had to adhere to any of the two theories it would be the latter.

Go Steelers!!!!!

stlrtruck
10-30-2006, 07:52 PM
If Cowher was playing that type of game with him, then I would think that Cowher should have walked off the podium and retired!

brind666
10-31-2006, 05:37 AM
he is a selfish moron who wants to play regardless... bench him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!