PDA

View Full Version : ben is an selfish moron.... let charlie play and SIT!!

brind666
10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
why is this guy telling the coaches he can play when he CANT ?? I tell you, he is a selfish moron who wants to play regardless!

Anyone think we would be 2-5 with batch as starting qb since week 1 ???

stillers4me
10-31-2006, 06:47 AM
Everybody's entitled to thier opinion......and we''ve now heard yous 3 or 4 times now.

After 6 posts, do you have any else enlightening to say besides "Ben is a selfish moron"???

Atlanta Dan
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
why is this guy telling the coaches he can play when he CANT ?? I tell you, he is a selfish moron who wants to play regardless!

Players always think they can play - if they did not have that mindset they would not be pro athletes.

It is the coach's job to tell a player when they are mistaken. Cowher takes the hit here, not Ben.

Steelers
10-31-2006, 07:43 AM
STFU, troll. :troll: :monkey: Last I checked, the Head Coach has the final say on a football team. Plus, Ben always plays horribly on his 1st game back. And surprise, surprise, he's usually lights-out-good after that.

19ward86
10-31-2006, 08:33 AM
he said it,bill said it, and the doctors cleared him. he was ready to play 80%. whether raiders fans want to admit it or not he definitaly wasnt 100%, that is why he threw into triple coverage. he is ready.

DACEB
10-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Players always think they can play - if they did not have that mindset they would not be pro athletes.

It is the coach's job to tell a player when they are mistaken. Cowher takes the hit here, not Ben.

Could not agree more, this absolutely falls on Cowher

desertsteel
10-31-2006, 09:29 AM

You're the moron!

jblovein
10-31-2006, 09:45 AM
i am in shock people are saying we should sit Ben. what the hell is wrong with you people. EVERY QB has bad games.....as Peyton Manning (his games are only bad in the playoffs tho, so which would you rather have).

Roeth should not have played but I couldn't agree more that is the Coach's call. If he didn't want to play I'd question him.

And with that said....can the guy stop getting hurt!

Buzz05
10-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Year 1...AFC Title game
Year 2...Super Bowl title
Year 3....Motorcycle Wreck, Apendicitis, Concussion.....

...Look at what the kid has done. Cut him some slack. Every QB has years like this early on where they make mistakes and its a little rough. Ben is just having his after winning the Super Bowl. Besides with all the pressure this kid is under right now, after all he has been through...the last thing he needs if for his own fans to turn on him. No matter what Ben is the future. Nuff said. Support him, believe he will get the job done.

Steelersfan4life
10-31-2006, 11:25 AM
while i definately dont think ben is a selfish moron i do think that you made a good point that had batch started one or more of those lost games we would more than likely not be
2-5 but now that we are here id like to see ben start the rest of the season. He should be back to 100% by now and a win over the broncos would really jumpstart his confidence. while its still a long shot, ben starting against denver is the only way we make the playoffs.

james203
10-31-2006, 11:25 AM

someone needs to slap you upside your head.

Stillers#1
10-31-2006, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't call him a moron, but I would say he is selfish. It kind of bugs me that it DOES seem like, at times, he puts himself ahead of the team. We win the Oakland game with charlie. Hopefully Ben plays lights out the rest of the season, b/c his confidence has to be about zero right now.

Need4spd
10-31-2006, 11:28 AM

Very true. Plus, he was cleared by the medical staff. Honestly, what do you expect him to do?

Justin Otstott
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
if he belives he can play then let him...and maybe he is scared to lose that starting job but yea Bill is at fault not ben....but anyways its now Tuesday lets move on

slashsteel
10-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Why do people even start threads like this? Shameful. Go be a bungle fan or something.......................

james203
10-31-2006, 04:40 PM
ben is getting ripped apart by the media and fans and his self esteem gotta be at a all time low.ben is not another malone,brister,stewart and maddox.

alittlejazzbird
10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
ben is getting ripped apart by the media and fans and his self esteem gotta be at a all time low.ben is not another malone,brister,stewart and maddox.

Right on to you, james203! Steeler fans are legendarily tough on their quarterbacks, as all the above-named gentlemen could attest. Ben Roethlisberger has brought something to this team that we haven't seen since Terry Bradshaw, namely a real live franchise quarterback who, by the way, played a huge part in our One For the Thumb. My feeling is similar to others on this board, that Ben never really had his "rookie season," and never had the chance to play badly. He was blessed with a remarkable confluence of talent and "team-first" players who were peaking just as he was being drafted by the Steelers.

What we seem to have now is an offensive line that is beginning to collectively show its advancing age, a situation which unfortunately has coincided with some terrible misfortune in Ben's life. He is not prepared, having tasted unprecedented, record-breaking success during his first two seasons, for such a heap of adversity. The protection breakdowns are not always giving him the time he needs to make decisions, time which is probably extended as a result of his recent injuries, and as a result many of his decisions lately have been poor.

We as fans have every right to scream and yell and be mad about how the team is playing, but I guarantee you that none of us feels as badly as the guys on that team feel. And Ben feels it more than anyone -- you can see how he puts the weight of their struggles on his shoulders and accepts all the responsibility. He WANTS to be playing better, for himself and his teammates, and for all of us, and he is clearly embarrassed and angry that he is struggling.

I know everyone is hurting and upset by our recent misfortune and yelling for the kid's head, but for crying out loud, cut him some slack. He is the real deal -- a very, very good and genuinely talented quarterback, and seemingly a fine human being to boot -- and he is going to be the face of this team for hopefully a long time to come. No, he shouldn't have been playing last week, and he probably shouldn't have played in weeks 2 and 3 either, but it's disappointing to read how many people are starting to put him in the same category with Malone, Brister and Maddox et al. He is NOT in that league. This team will be Super Bowl champs again with him at the helm. It's perfectly fine to be angry with the way things are going, but please try to keep some perspective!

clarient
10-31-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm not yelling for the kid's head.

I think he wants to play even though he subconsciously knows he's still not up to snuff, and Cowher's letting him go out there anyway. Some questionable decisions are being made, and it bothers me IMMENSELY to see him on the field and worry the whole game long if he's going to be able to get back up after another hit. I don't want to fret about my QB, and when I do, I feel like something's wrong.

X-Terminator
10-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Right on to you, james203! Steeler fans are legendarily tough on their quarterbacks, as all the above-named gentlemen could attest. Ben Roethlisberger has brought something to this team that we haven't seen since Terry Bradshaw, namely a real live franchise quarterback who, by the way, played a huge part in our One For the Thumb. My feeling is similar to others on this board, that Ben never really had his "rookie season," and never had the chance to play badly. He was blessed with a remarkable confluence of talent and "team-first" players who were peaking just as he was being drafted by the Steelers.

What we seem to have now is an offensive line that is beginning to collectively show its advancing age, a situation which unfortunately has coincided with some terrible misfortune in Ben's life. He is not prepared, having tasted unprecedented, record-breaking success during his first two seasons, for such a heap of adversity. The protection breakdowns are not always giving him the time he needs to make decisions, time which is probably extended as a result of his recent injuries, and as a result many of his decisions lately have been poor.

We as fans have every right to scream and yell and be mad about how the team is playing, but I guarantee you that none of us feels as badly as the guys on that team feel. And Ben feels it more than anyone -- you can see how he puts the weight of their struggles on his shoulders and accepts all the responsibility. He WANTS to be playing better, for himself and his teammates, and for all of us, and he is clearly embarrassed and angry that he is struggling.

I know everyone is hurting and upset by our recent misfortune and yelling for the kid's head, but for crying out loud, cut him some slack. He is the real deal -- a very, very good and genuinely talented quarterback, and seemingly a fine human being to boot -- and he is going to be the face of this team for hopefully a long time to come. No, he shouldn't have been playing last week, and he probably shouldn't have played in weeks 2 and 3 either, but it's disappointing to read how many people are starting to put him in the same category with Malone, Brister and Maddox et al. He is NOT in that league. This team will be Super Bowl champs again with him at the helm. It's perfectly fine to be angry with the way things are going, but please try to keep some perspective!

Perspective? Steelers fans have perspective?? Surely you jest! There's already a discussion on this board about drafting a QB early next season to join the hundreds of others being posted on other message boards. And then someone tells me that Pittsburgh isn't a QB's nightmare? Show me proof that it isn't. How quickly the fans forget how well he played in the postseason...ON THE ROAD no less. And now he's another Mark Malone after a few bad games??? Like I said before - Ben would have been better off playing somewhere else, a place where he can be allowed to fail, especially when he helped the friggin team win a championship last season!

top break
10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Stop blaming Ben itsCowers Fault

Black@Gold Forever32
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Well I said last night any fan that thinks the Steelers should use a first round pick on a QB. Well they don't have a clue. Its going to take more then four bad games for me to think that Ben should be replaced. How about 3 or 4 bad seasons. Hell how many years did the Steelers stick with Kordell? Which Kordell had some talent. But the likes of Ray Sherman and Gilbride ruined Kordell. Plus Kordell was at fault to.

But X said above that Pittsburgh is QB's nightmare. You are so right. The popular saying around Pittsburgh for years has been. The most popular Steelers is always the backup QB. Big Ben will be fine and if he stays healthy we will once again see the QB he really is.
Leave the guy alone Steelers fans.

Stlrs4Life
10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I agree that this falls on Cowher. But if Ben knows deep in his heart that he isa not 100% he should say so, I realize he wants to play. But he has to do it for the team.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-31-2006, 07:54 PM

You havent been a fan too long have you.........Ben gives our team the best chance to win.

BANDWAGON FAN

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
......he is a selfish moron who wants to play regardless!

Yeah. You have to hate those players who really want to play. I much prefer the players who sit out with hang nails and upset stomachs. Those guys are true NFL stars.

:shake01:

-Mike

jaysta
10-31-2006, 09:07 PM
Well I said last night any fan that thinks the Steelers should use a first round pick on a QB. Well they don't have a clue. Its going to take more then four bad games for me to think that Ben should be replaced. How about 3 or 4 bad seasons. Hell how many years did the Steelers stick with Kordell? Which Kordell had some talent. But the likes of Ray Sherman and Gilbride ruined Kordell. Plus Kordell was at fault to.

But X said above that Pittsburgh is QB's nightmare. You are so right. The popular saying around Pittsburgh for years has been. The most popular Steelers is always the backup QB. Big Ben will be fine and if he stays healthy we will once again see the QB he really is.

Very true. Using a 1st round pick on another QB if foolish. Ben needs to stay the starter, but with his injury record they definitely need a quality backup at 3rd string to study the program for the future. I'm a Jacobs fan and really beleive that he'll have a good NFL career if a team works to develop him. If Ben's injuries keep piling on like this they may need someone to step into his shoes and take over in a couple of years. :helmet:

Prosdo
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Year 1...AFC Title game
Year 2...Super Bowl title
Year 3....Motorcycle Wreck, Apendicitis, Concussion.....

...Look at what the kid has done. Cut him some slack. Every QB has years like this early on where they make mistakes and its a little rough. Ben is just having his after winning the Super Bowl. Besides with all the pressure this kid is under right now, after all he has been through...the last thing he needs if for his own fans to turn on him. No matter what Ben is the future. Nuff said. Support him, believe he will get the job done.

Couldn't agree more. Excellent post!

SteelersWoman
11-01-2006, 03:49 AM
It's my opinion that Big Ben will go down in history as one of the greatest QB's who ever lived--my son and I have talked about this before.

They all have rough patches, but Big Ben is something special. He'll soon enough be scarin opposing teams to death, and I want it to be as our QB and not for some other team when it happens! :cheer:

Big D
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
In a way I have loved bens dedication to play while injured. Does anyone remeber the days when you got some smelling salts and if you remebered your family members you were back in the game. Ben has a hardnose and thats why I believe he is the future of our franchise. It could be worse he could be pansy and wouldnt play with a bloody nose

SteelerFanInCA
11-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Great post BGF32. I can't even begin to imagine wasting a first round pick on a QB. We have our QB of the future. I suffered through the Kordell years with you and I'm not about to throw Ben under the bus so quickly.

memphissteelergirl
11-01-2006, 04:09 PM

Do I think he should have played in the game vs. Oakland? No...I think he should have realized that you don't just bounce back from a concussion that quickly (even if the docs cleared him)

Does that make him a moron? No.

I realize you are frustrated...we all are. With the exception of a few players this is basically the team that won it all last season. So yeah we are all scratching our heads going "WTH happened here??" But knee jerk comments like that are misinformed...not to mention silly.

Big D
11-01-2006, 04:11 PM
what this tool doesnt realize is it's called dedication to your team

BigDude66687
11-01-2006, 04:13 PM
We should be 4-3, the team let ben down twice, ben however has cost us three games, the two ones that we shouldnt have lost were the game vs cincy and at atlanta, in both games Ben had the game in hand but either Coke or the Def gave the game away,

I agree we've got to stick wit big ben he's the present and future, worse case scenario is we'll have to win the superbowl next year

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Ben get's clearance, Cowher is going to start him.

stunta86
11-01-2006, 07:26 PM

he's not a selfish moron, he's just a competitor and wants to play, can't blame him for that, we should blame the coach for not doing what's best for the team by sitting him after 2 interceptions