PDA

View Full Version : Belichick's Son Arrested for Marijuana

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Son of Belichick gets probation for marijuana arrest
Associated Press

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The son of New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was placed on probation Monday for six months after being arrested on one count of marijuana possession.

The charge against Stephen Belichick, 19, will be dismissed after six months if he stays out of trouble, said Emily LaGrassa, spokeswoman for the Middlesex County District Attorney's office. Belichick had a "very, very small amount" of marijuana and had no prior record, Weston police Sgt. Danny Maguire said.

Belichick was arraigned in Waltham District Court where the case was continued without a finding, LaGrassa said. Belichick and Jonathan Pizarro, 18, were arrested Saturday night in a parking lot, Maguire said. He said Pizarro was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.

Team spokesman Stacey James said Bill Belichick could not immediately be reached for comment. The Patriots played a road game against the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2644054

Livinginthe past
10-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Maybe i'll get blasted as a homer, but I would say the same if it was Cowher's son - doesnt this sound ridiculously harsh?

All the stuff that is going on, alot of it committed by the Bengals players, gets swept under the carpet - gun posession, spousal battery etc and this kids gets 6 months probation for smoking a doobie?

I'll tell you right now, i've smoked 'gear' in the past as im sure some of you have - what is the big deal?

NM

PisnNapalm
10-31-2006, 10:25 AM
I've never smoked anything in my life. And the big deal is that it's ILLEGAL.

Livinginthe past
10-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Sure, I am aware that its illegal - im just saying that lots of people break the law in some small way (a few mph over the speed limit here and there) most days.

It all just seems a little excessive to me.

NM

MACH1
10-31-2006, 10:41 AM
He's lucky its only probation. Could of been locked up for six months.:smoker: :smoker:

tony hipchest
10-31-2006, 10:56 AM
it is excessive and you can bet he will face even stiffer penalties if he breaks his probation. now if he played for the bengals he would have nothing to worry about.

he could drink, smoke, party, f#*k, shoot, and steal all he wanted.

hardwork
10-31-2006, 11:12 AM
[B]The charge against Stephen Belichick, 19, will be dismissed after six months if he stays out of trouble, said Emily LaGrassa, spokeswoman for the Middlesex County District Attorney's office.

This is the key right here. In order to get the charge dismissed he has to go through the 6 months probationary period. He's ok. Basicly they're letting him off.

MACH1
10-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Get him a job with cinci for 6 months, he'd fit right in.:wink02:

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 12:07 PM
it is excessive and you can bet he will face even stiffer penalties if he breaks his probation. now if he played for the bengals he would have nothing to worry about.

he could drink, smoke, party, f#*k, shoot, and steal all he wanted.

I thought the 'f' one was only in Minnesota?

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I thought the 'f' one was only in Minnesota?

Chris Henry with underage girls.......:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 12:53 PM

I keep forgetting about him!

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
I keep forgetting about him!

I know, it's hard to keep track of all of them. :smile:

SteelCityMan786
10-31-2006, 03:14 PM
He's lucky its only probation. Could of been locked up for six months.:smoker: :smoker:

He's definantly fortunate. Six Months locked up is worse then Six Months Probation.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Sure, I am aware that its illegal - im just saying that lots of people break the law in some small way (a few mph over the speed limit here and there) most days.

It all just seems a little excessive to me.

NM

I find it funny. Hey I don't care if people smoke weed. Hell I was a pot-head at one time. When my current employer hired me three years ago I had to stop. Since they drug test. Hell weed should be legal anyway. Not a big deal to me LITP.

Jeremy
10-31-2006, 03:42 PM
One hell of a family. Billy boy was the other man in a messay divorce and his son smokes weed.

DiggetyDank
10-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Obviously, because only members of messed up families smoke pot and get divorced.

Infamix
10-31-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm high rightnow. Just toked and I couldn't find any food in the house so I showed up at people's houses with a bag asking for candy. But I'm 4 feet taller than the other trick or treaters, but its OK, because I'm high.

Happy Haloween

MattsMe
10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
probation Monday for six months

The charge against Stephen Belichick, 19, will be dismissed after six months if he stays out of trouble,

Yes, so very harsh. :screwy:

Last time I checked, posession of pot was still illegal, and being in the company of someone who had enough of it to be charged with intent to distribute doesn't exactly help his case.

I smoked it when I was a teenager too, and if I'd have been busted with it, 6 mos. probation and dismissed charges would have gotten nothing but a "thank you, your honor" from me.

Big D
11-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I think most teenagers at one point in time smoke weed. You also have to remeber boston has some of the highest percentage for marijuana usage in the country

augustashark
11-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe i'll get blasted as a homer, but I would say the same if it was Cowher's son - doesnt this sound ridiculously harsh?

All the stuff that is going on, alot of it committed by the Bengals players, gets swept under the carpet - gun posession, spousal battery etc and this kids gets 6 months probation for smoking a doobie?

I'll tell you right now, i've smoked 'gear' in the past as im sure some of you have - what is the big deal?

NM

I gotta hand it to you LITP, thats the funniest thing you've ever said on here!!!!!:sofunny:

3 to be 4
11-04-2006, 09:39 PM
i think Bill Belichick should be fired immediately.

Jeremy
11-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I think most teenagers at one point in time smoke weed. You also have to remeber boston has some of the highest percentage for marijuana usage in the country

If you had to live in Boston, you'd get high too!

Big D
11-05-2006, 08:48 AM
If you had to live in Boston, you'd get high too!

I lived in boston for a year. And i'm pleading the fifth

In Cowher We Trust
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM

haha..nice one

tony hipchest
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
in other news:

all patriot fans were arested for the mary jane for thinking 3 lombardis and a past record would take the field to insure a defeat of the powerhouse colts last sunday night.