PDA

View Full Version : Parking help?

Falls Church Saint
10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Hi Y'all -

Looking forward to visiting your city for the Steelers-Saints game in a few weeks -- I've heard great things about Pittsburgh but haven't been there since visiting for a Pirates game about 10 years ago. I can't wait to see the new stadiums.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can help with a question -- we're planning to arrive when the parking lots open but need to confirm that we will be able to get day-of-game parking in a tailgating lot. An internet search leads me to believe that the green lots west of the Carnegie Science Center (like green lot 30) are cash-only and first-come-first-serve. Can anyone tell me if that is true? And what time will they open?

thanks much -

hoping for a great game.

Falls Church Saint

Stlrs4Life
10-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Go here:
http://www.alcoparking.com/images/gameday_view.jpg

I know for sure North Blue Canal Lot is first come first serve lot. $20. Lots open 5 hours before game time, so that day they will open at 11:15am.

Falls Church Saint
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks very much! Eventually I was able to contact the Clipper Fleet and they said their Green G30 lot is available for pre-sale or first-come-first-serve as well. I was able to order a parking pass over the phone for that lot, and confirm that tailgating is permitted.

Looking forward to it!

Stlrs4Life
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Glad you got the info, and had a good time.