PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Haynes, Harrison on injured reserve

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Steelers Haynes, Harrison on injured reserve
Tuesday, October 31, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today placed halfback Verron Haynes and linebacker Arnold Harrison on injured reserve, ending their season, because they have torn anterior cruciate ligaments in their knees.

Both injuries occurred during the Steelers' 20-13 loss in Oakland. Coach Bill Cowher said he will add two players to the 53-man roster to replace them this week.

Center Jeff Hartings also was injured in that game and has an MCL sprain that will keep him out of Sunday's game against Denver at Heinz field. Cowher also declared three other players out for the game: Safety Mike Logan (hamstring), linebacker James Harrison (ankle) and receiver/return man Willie Reid (foot).

Starting nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring) and linebacker Clark Haggans (ankle) are listed as questionable.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06304/734417-100.stm

tony hipchest
10-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Coach Bill Cowher said he will add two players to the 53-man roster to replace them this week.
i smell impending john kuhn talk.

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
i smell impending john kuhn talk.

11-5 here we come. :tt02:

Prosdo
10-31-2006, 01:45 PM
That sucks that Harrison and Haynes are on the IR. Should be interesting to see who Cowher adds.

stlrtruck
10-31-2006, 01:58 PM
It would be nice to see Kuhn back in uniform!!!

wiqidjuggalo
10-31-2006, 02:03 PM

:iagree: :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
10-31-2006, 02:15 PM
It would be nice to see Kuhn back in uniform!!!

Get control of yourself as I tell you this, but Ed.B. did not rule out the possibility of Kuhn being the third down back on Sunday.

Ed.B. does not think Duce will dress even now, which leads me to believe Duce made the team this year because he let Cowher know he has some photos he hopes he will not need to share with Mrs. Cowher.

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
We would be 7-0 if we had Kuhn from game one. He can play WR, QB, HB (all at the same time) and he can return P's and K's with his eye's closed while jogging.

Unlike our decision to release Unitas (releasing Kuhn was on the same level), we are getting a second chance to correct our fatal decision. Thankfully, the other 31 teams did not grab our secret weapon.

It's KUHN BOOM TIME!!! WE LOVE YOU LONG TIME!!!

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 02:20 PM

Yeah baby! It starts with a Donco butt whipping this Sunday!

-Mike

tony hipchest
10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
We would be 7-0 if we had Kuhn from game one. He can play WR, QB, HB (all at the same time) and he can return P's and K's with his eye's closed while jogging.

Unlike our decision to release Unitas (releasing Kuhn was on the same level), we are getting a second chance to correct our fatal decision. Thankfully, the other 31 teams did not grab our secret weapon.

It's KUHN BOOM TIME!!! WE LOVE YOU LONG TIME!!!:sofunny:

what the hell, fuhgett.

BRING ON KUHN!!!!:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
That's the spirit Tony. KUHN is bring'in da BOOM!!!

KUHN IS GOD

Stillers#1
10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Anyone else notice Hartings is going to be out on Sunday? I would be willing to bet the O-line plays lights up, he, IMO, has been out weak spot on that line. I hope Chukki gives Cowher something to think about.

I guess I'll join in too......

WHATCHA GONNA DO DONCO'S....WHEN JOHN KUHN RUNS WIIIIIIILLLDDDD ALL OVER YOU!!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 02:47 PM
he, IMO, has been out weak spot on that line.

Between Hartings and Starks.....it aint lookin' pretty. Hartings is getting up there in age. A man's knee's can only hold up for so long.

SteelerFanInCA
10-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Talk about crappy luck with the injury bug. Two torn ACL's in one game? That's insane and just more salt pouring on the wounds.

SteelerFanInCA
10-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Between Hartings and Starks.....it aint lookin' pretty. Hartings is getting up there in age. A man's knee's can only hold up for so long.

Starks was getting owned by Burgess on the line all day long. A man that big should be dominating every time. I just don't get it.

SteelCityMan786
10-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Let's pick up the guys who will help turn things around.

HERE COMES THE BOOM!

Texasfan
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I thought it was Arnold Harrison? He's the one that went down the field and just fell, right?

Texasfan
10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Here is the story from the official site.

njuries continue to mount for the Steelers
Tuesday, October 31, 2006

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Injuries continue to mount for the Steelers as it was made official on Tuesday that running back Verron Haynes and linebacker Arnold Harrison will be out for the remainder of the season after suffering ACL injuries and will be placed on injured reserve.

"We will make a roster move at some point, somewhere in the next couple of days," said head coach Bill Cowher. "We will see who we can pick up and help us win this week."

Haynes will have surgery on Wednesday and Harrison will undergo surgery once the swelling goes down.

The Steelers will have two roster spots available and could sign both a linebacker and a running back. Cowher did not indicate if running back Najeh Davenport would take over Haynes' role as the team's third down back or not.

"We will see what our options are," said Cowher. "I am not ready to make that decision today."

Also out for Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos are safety Mike Logan (hamstring), linebacker James Harrison (ankle), center Jeff Hartings (knee) and wide receiver/kick returner Willie Reid (foot).

Hartings suffered an MCL sprain against the Raiders and will not require surgery for the injury, but will be week-to-week.

Center Chukky Okobi came in for Hartings when he went down against the Raiders and turned in a good performance, including throwing blocks on Willie Parker's touchdown run.

"Chukky has been in this league," said Cowher. "When Jeff has gone down he has always stepped in and been a very consistent player. We're fortunate to have some depth at that position. I have no concerns with Chukky stepping in."

Listed as questionable for the game are defensive tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring) and linebacker Clark Haggans (ankle). Eight players are probable for Sunday, including: cornerback Deshea Townsend (quad), linebacker Larry Foote (shoulder), wide receiver Santonio Holmes (shoulder), offensive guard Chris Kemoeatu (ankle), fullback Dan Kreider (ankle), wide receiver Sean Morey (toe), safety Troy Polamalu (foot) and wide receiver Cedrick Wilson (groin).

OneForTheToe
10-31-2006, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=Prosdo;169534]That sucks that Harrison and Haynes are on the IR. Should be interesting to see who Cowher adds.[/QUOTE

Welcome back Mr. Merryweather(sp) and Mr. AbercrAmbie "....yea Frank, that AbercrAAmbie is a hell of a player ..." MNF circa 1982.

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 09:50 AM

Kuhn's going to play O-line too!