PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry

Stillers#1
10-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Wow, can anyone here believe he said this? I don't offend easily, but yeesh, he pretty much just called any enlisted person in the military an idiot.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226490,00.html?sPage=fnc.politics/youdecide2006

I think it's only right he apologize to those in Iraq.

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Typical and not the least bit surprising considering the source...

Chronicgaming
10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
The real problem here is that he implied that our troops are slackers or dumb. This is definitely not the truth and he definitely owes the armed forces an apology. This is almost as bad as McCain joking that he would kill himself if the dems won Congress. Obviously a joke, it was definitely in bad taste also. When will these politicians learn to keep their mouths shut?

HometownGal
10-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Nice try on the backpedal, John Boy. If he has a problem with Bush and his policies regarding Iraq, that's one thing (though he himself voted in favor of the war), but to make a statement like that about the military who is protecting his ass, and using scare tactics (that didn't work in the 2004 election either, dumb ass) to slam Bush a week before the elections is just a tad over the top. Don't expect an apology from Flipper anytime soon.+

I shouldn't be surprised - what else should we expect from a traitor?

MACH1
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Give him a week and he'll be floping all over the place

sumo
10-31-2006, 05:27 PM
He keeps making it worse because he won't apologize --pretty soon he will have a big long convoluted "I didn't offend the troops in Iraq before I offended them..." type statement - what an idiot! - I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but I am so glad this guy didn't make it to the white house

Mosca
10-31-2006, 05:36 PM
High profile people say idiotic things all the time. Usually they get fired for it. Honestly I'm stunned that he doesn't understand what's wrong with what he said. Sure it works the way he meant it, but it is a slap to those who have CHOSEN to go to Iraq.

But he got no corner on stupid things said, our president has said lots stupider stuff. Much ado about nothing here. It will come back to sting him when it needs to. Like this stuff does for everyone; Cosell, Campanis, Lott, everyone.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Give him a week and he'll be floping all over the place

Kind of like Hillary on gay marriage.

BREAKING NEWS: She's for gay marriage.

BREAKING NEWS: Scratch that, not anymore.

BBC
10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
http://www.laughatliberals.com/blog/wp-images/kerry_flip_flops.jpg

MACH1
10-31-2006, 09:03 PM
http://www.laughatliberals.com/blog/wp-images/kerry_flip_flops.jpg

:rofl:

Stlrs4Life
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
He was talking about Bush and his admin didn't do his homework. Sounds like the Republicans are running scared of next week elections, and need to deflect the critisism the other way. Just a ploy to get everything away from the Foley Scandal.

I give the Republicans credit, they are very smart on election tactics.

X-Terminator
10-31-2006, 09:12 PM
But John Kerry should still be smart enough to not crack jokes like that during an election cycle. Period. It doesn't matter what his intent was, or his meaning was - anything that sounds like a slight is going to be used against him, especially if the military is involved even indirectly. And do NOT tell me that Democrats would not have done the same thing had, say, Tony Snow said something similar.

floodcitygirl
10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
And do NOT tell me that Democrats would not have done the same thing had, say, Tony Snow said something similar.Tony Snow....say something negative about our men and women in the military????.......Good one, XT!!!!!! :rofl:

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2006, 09:41 PM
I shouldn't be surprised - what else should we expect from a traitor?

Pretty much sums it up.

augustashark
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
He just happen to say what all lib's think and feel! Bottom line.

augustashark
11-01-2006, 12:30 AM
He was talking about Bush and his admin didn't do his homework. Sounds like the Republicans are running scared of next week elections, and need to deflect the critisism the other way. Just a ploy to get everything away from the Foley Scandal.

I give the Republicans credit, they are very smart on election tactics.

BS!!!!!!!!!

He's backpeddling faster than Rod Woodson did in his hayday.

Pubs running scared!:toofunny:

Lets chat this time next week.

X-Terminator
11-01-2006, 12:58 AM
And for any Democrat who might think this is nothing more than "Republican smear tactics" and that he shouldn't apologize for his remarks, here's a few people who aren't too happy about what he said:

American Legion to Sen. Kerry: Apologize Now (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/31/204-10312006.html)

Marine's Family Urges Kerry To Learn More About Military (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/10204420/detail.html) - he made these remarks just a day after calling this family to offer his condolences on their son being killed in Iraq

Dem Congressman tells ABCNEWS: 'I guess Kerry wasn't content blowing 2004, now he wants to blow 2006, too'' (http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2619383&page=1)

Iowa candidate asks Kerry to cancel campaign visit (http://www.eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5616595&nav=F2DO)

X-Terminator
11-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Tony Snow....say something negative about our men and women in the military????.......Good one, XT!!!!!! :rofl:

I was trying to prove a point with that analogy.

hardwork
11-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Kerry had a picture of himself taken with his crew, in Vietnam, in his kahkies, with a purple heart pinned on his shirt. Now, I mean the medal itself, not the ribbon. Need we say any more about John Kerry? Is there any question about where his head was at? Did he think he was still in the Cub Scouts and just got his Lions Badge?

stillers4me
11-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Kerry had a picture of himself taken with his crew, in Vietnam, in his kahkies, with a purple heart pinned on his shirt. Now, I mean the medal itself, not the ribbon. Need we say any more about John Kerry? Is there any question about where his head was at? Did he think he was still in the Cub Scouts and just got his Lions Badge?

Medals, ribbons.....they're all interchanagable..........:yawn:

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 07:22 AM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/O/5/kerry_wafflehouse.jpg

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Let's put him in front of those troops and see how dumb he thinks they are then. I wonder if he's ever heard of friendly fire!

floodcitygirl
11-01-2006, 08:41 AM
I was trying to prove a point with that analogy.I know that XT....me too. I couldn't agree with you more. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
But he got no corner on stupid things said, our president has said lots stupider stuff.
Tom

Now THATS funny!!!! please tell me that was on purpose!?....Personally...I think its one of the dumberer things that Kerry has said

Mosca
11-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Now THATS funny!!!! please tell me that was on purpose!?

Hehe. You know me, LLT, when I choose a word it means exactly what I want it to mean.

First, I think Kerry is a doofus.

But to rebut what the Shark says, liberals don't feel that way about our troops. Lots of us also have friends and relatives and coworkers in Iraq right now; don't insult us by painting everyone with a broad brush and making this into a wedge that is simply not there. It's possible to be against the administration AND patriotic. And I can be against the war AND for our troops. Honestly, if I felt that staying in Iraq would work, I'd be in favor of it. I'm only against it because it isn't working, and no amount of optimism is going to change that.

Why is there more outrage about this doofus' poorly worded joke than there was about Bush's mocking of his mistaken "weapons of mass distruction" at a National Press Club luncheon a couple of years ago? That the president himself would mock a "mistake" that ACTUALLY KILLED soldiers goes unremarked on, doesn't it? ("lets see... no weapons over here....") And Bush's action, which made light of the fact that his "mistake" led to the death and maiming of thousands of soldiers and Iraqis, was actually SCRIPTED and APPROVED! AND THEN HE WENT THROUGH WITH IT! Kerry said something that meant something else; BUSH ACTUALLY MEANT THAT IT WAS FUNNY! No weapons? Shrug! Oh Well!

Kerry isn't running for anything. BUT, if he was, those who have the power to cast a vote would be well advised to ignore whatever idiotic thing came out of his mouth and look instead to how he has acted in regard to the military over his 20 years in the Senate. He has never failed to vote in favor of military pay raises and against pay cuts. He has consistently voted in favor of defense spending, and has consistently voted against defense cuts. In those instances where he has voted against defense spending, he was many times voting in line with the views of GHW Bush and his defense secretary, Dick Cheney, voting against questionable weapons and poorly thought out appropriations (source: Slate (http://www.slate.com/id/2096127/)). Kerry might have to eat his idiotic words in this case, but he doesn't have to apologize to the military for anything he's done as a senator, at least regarding his backing of a strong defense.

Like I said, the guy is a slow thinker. And he would have made a poor president. But he's certainly not weak on defense or the military. And he's a better man than the guy who won. You might not want to have him at your party, but he's a lot more principled than the people in charge now.

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Hehe. You know me, LLT, when I choose a word it means exactly what I want it to mean.

First, I think Kerry is a doofus.

But to rebut what the Shark says, liberals don't feel that way about our troops. Lots of us also have friends and relatives and coworkers in Iraq right now; don't insult us by painting everyone with a broad brush and making this into a wedge that is simply not there. It's possible to be against the administration AND patriotic. And I can be against the war AND for our troops. Honestly, if I felt that staying in Iraq would work, I'd be in favor of it. I'm only against it because it isn't working, and no amount of optimism is going to change that.

Why is there more outrage about this doofus' poorly worded joke than there was about Bush's mocking of his mistaken "weapons of mass distruction" at a National Press Club luncheon a couple of years ago? That the president himself would mock a "mistake" that ACTUALLY KILLED soldiers goes unremarked on, doesn't it? ("lets see... no weapons over here....") And Bush's action, which made light of the fact that his "mistake" led to the death and maiming of thousands of soldiers and Iraqis, was actually SCRIPTED and APPROVED! AND THEN HE WENT THROUGH WITH IT! Kerry said something that meant something else; BUSH ACTUALLY MEANT THAT IT WAS FUNNY! No weapons? Shrug! Oh Well!

Kerry isn't running for anything. BUT, if he was, those who have the power to cast a vote would be well advised to ignore whatever idiotic thing came out of his mouth and look instead to how he has acted in regard to the military over his 20 years in the Senate. He has never failed to vote in favor of military pay raises and against pay cuts. He has consistently voted in favor of defense spending, and has consistently voted against defense cuts. In those instances he has voted against defense increases, he was many times voting in line with the views of GHW Bush and his defense secretary, Dick Cheney (source: Slate (http://www.slate.com/id/2096127/)). Kerry might have to eat his idiotic words in this case, but he doesn't have to apologize to the military for anything he's done as a senator, at least regarding his backing of a strong defense.

Like I said, the guy is a slow thinker. And he would have made a poor president. But he's certainly not weak on defense or the military. And he's a better man than the guy who won. You might not want to have him at your party, but he's a lot more principled than the people in charge now.

Tom

I appreciate the humor and the well-thought out remarks. I might disagree with you on Kerry being a principled person..(People with principles generally dont waffle on issues in such a blatant manner as he has done on numerous occasions)...HOWEVER, you are correct and well informed on his record with the military...I find myself in complete opposition to everything he SAYS about the military...but respect the way Kerry votes on military issues. Like you said...He needs to "eat his words" on this issue and on so many statements that seem to be outright disrespectful.
In regards to Bush's statements at the Press Club...it needs to be pointed out that the whole scenerio behind the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a intel problem that was believed by BOTH parties. So there is a basic difference in Bush making a comment about someone elses mistake as opposed to Kerrys comment that was self-proclaimed and that he needs to own.

Mosca
11-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Jeez, you got me on that one; I can't believe I defended ANY politician as "principled". I should have written that the current administration is no more principled; one is not better than the other, that's for sure.

The thing that galls me about the Bush incident isn't that WMD was wrong; it's that he thought that such a tragic mistake was jokeworthy. He didn't take it seriously. That says far more to me about the man and his handlers than the mistake about the WMD does.

And again, Kerry is a doofus. But he DID volunteer to go to Vietnam. And Swift Boat Veterans notwithstanding, he served with valor. I'll believe the eyewitness accounts that were written at the time events happened and ignore the rewrite of 35 years later, thanks.

As I've written here once before, throughout our nations history it has consistently been Democrats that have led us overseas to defend our freedom, and Republicans who have been isolationists. Democrats led us into WW1. Dems led us into WW2 (Republicans were passionately against involvement; some prominent industrialists (Ford, GM, GE) were capitalizing quite well on the Nazi war machine). Truman led the fight against communist expansion in Korea. Kennedy and Johnson expanded Vietnam. Clinton sent troops to Bosnia. The slur that Democrats are soft on defense, nothing could be further from the truth. The difference is, Democrats send troops to war over principles. Republicans send troops to war when it is good for business (and not until).

Tom

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
and look instead to how he has acted in regard to the military over his 20 years in the Senate. He has never failed to vote in favor of military pay raises and against pay cuts.

Yeah - when he has bothered to show up to vote.

I have absolutely NO respect for this man, none. (sorry Tom - your post was very well written but I can't in good conscience agree with it (except for Kerry being a doofus :wink02: ).

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/s/b/kerry_twoface.jpg

Mosca
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah - when he has bothered to show up to vote.

I have absolutely NO respect for this man, none. (sorry Tom - your post was very well written but I can't in good conscience agree with it (except for Kerry being a doofus :wink02: ).

I understand, HTG. But remember to go right to the record for information. His record, when he votes, is for strong military.

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2006, 12:49 PM

The difference is, Democrats send troops to war over principles.
Tom

I think WWII is a perfect example of Democrats ignoring principals for waaayyy too long and locking themselves into an isolationist mentality. It took an attack upon our fleet to get us involved ..The Principle of what Hitler was doing in Europe...Italy's invasion of Greece and Egypt....and the Japan atrocities in China was NOT enough to get us involved.

...and I think the majority of American Vets from Vietnam will tell you that it was American Govermental policy that tied the hands of the soldiers and never allowed them to win the war.

augustashark
11-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Hehe. But to rebut what the Shark says, liberals don't feel that way about our troops. Lots of us also have friends and relatives and coworkers in Iraq right now; don't insult us by painting everyone with a broad brush and making this into a wedge that is simply not there. It's possible to be against the administration AND patriotic. And I can be against the war AND for our troops. Honestly, if I felt that staying in Iraq would work, I'd be in favor of it. I'm only against it because it isn't working, and no amount of optimism is going to change that.

Tom

If you think that the leadership of the liberal party does not feel the same way that Kerry does, then you my friend have your head in the sand.

You would be in favor of the war if it as working???????? What the hell ever happen to dig deep, keep fighting the good fight. Just because you think that it wont work does not mean it will not! Iraq is a battle in the war on terror! What if the patriots would have had this same mentality after the 1st battle of Saratoga?

The easiest thing to say about the war in Iraq is that it's fruitless and we are losing so bring them home. The hard thing to say is that we are determined to win this war because I know that we must be on the offensive to defeat the terrorist. I choose the harder road not for me or my wife or friends, but for my kids! I don't want them to feel the way I did after 9-11.

sumo
11-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I understand, HTG. But remember to go right to the record for information. His record, when he votes, is for strong military.

Tom

Like the 67 billion for the troops in Iraq that he voted for before he voted against during his pres campaign? -- sorry I'm with HTGal on this one - anybody supporting this guy while he waffles around ...needs to look hard at their own ability to see reality - (in full disclosure, I would consider myself a conservative democrat) -- when you say "doofus", you are more in line with Bush's inability to communicate while he stumbles over words while speaking -- when you label Kerry as "principled" and then say look at his record, I see a person - especially while he was running for pres - unable to maintain consistent principles on issues like Iraq and the troops ...sorry IMHO of course - I could not disagree with you more ...

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
If you think that the leadership of the liberal party does not feel the same way that Kerry does, then you my friend have your head in the sand.

You would be in favor of the war if it as working???????? What the hell ever happen to dig deep, keep fighting the good fight. Just because you think that it wont work does not mean it will not! Iraq is a battle in the war on terror! What if the patriots would have had this same mentality after the 1st battle of Saratoga?

The easiest thing to say about the war in Iraq is that it's fruitless and we are losing so bring them home. The hard thing to say is that we are determined to win this war because I know that we must be on the offensive to defeat the terrorist. I choose the harder road not for me or my wife or friends, but for my kids! I don't want them to feel the way I did after 9-11.

While I agree with the majority, I think Rumsfeld should have been gone after Bush's first term. IMO, I don't think the guy knows what he's doing.

In the words of Machiavelli "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.".

sumo
11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
I mentoned this before on another thread - I strongly recommend that everybody read a book entitled "While Europe Slept" -- does not matter what your political affiliation is - this book will absolutely blow you away - the realities in this book are just now beginning to get the press they deserve - but in a lot of ways, you will realize that we have already lost the war on terror in Western Europe ..

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 03:17 PM

Tom

I don't need to see his "record", Tom. His traitorous behavior during the Vietnam War while his brethren were still being held as POWs, along with his assinine comments pertaining to the war in Iraq, coupled with his past and present put downs of the brave men and women who put their lives on the line every day so that he can continue to live in his glass house and enjoy his freedoms (albiet in his case- freedom to speak with forked tongue) doesn't fall in line with his supposed pro-military voting record. In this case, words speak louder than actions.

Mosca
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Fair enough, I knew I'd be the only one taking this stance when I started. I never figured that I'll bring anyone around, and I don't want anyone thinking that I like the guy; just pointing out that his RECORD is not anti military.

It is widely acknowledged fact that the isolationist movement prior to the US's entry into WW2 was led by the Republican Party; "...in 1940 two Republicans, Henry L. Stimson and Frank Knox, were virtually read out of the party for accepting posts in Roosevelt's cabinet." It is also true that much of the country was anti-intervention. However the fact remains that we went to war under Democratic leadership then.

And Augusta Shark, I don't understand your insistence on painting ther issue in stark relief, in black and white. Are you saying that the entire military is Republican? That there is no such thing as a Democratic soldier, and that all Democrats are anti American? If so, then all your arguments are rendered suspect due to your inability to recognize the complexity of the issues at hand; issues will never distill to the simplicity that you insist they have. The longer we keep our forces in Iraq, the stronger the insurgency becomes. If we were to send our entire military might there, we could only quell the insurgency for however long we could afford to, or until we needed forces elsewhere. History has shown that occupations always end in the conqueror being vanquished. Again, if I believed that leaving our forces in Iraq would help form a stable government, then I would say to leave them there; I wish that that would be true.

Tom

augustashark
11-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Fair enough, I knew I'd be the only one taking this stance when I started. I never figured that I'll bring anyone around, and I don't want anyone thinking that I like the guy; just pointing out that his RECORD is not anti military.

It is widely acknowledged fact that the isolationist movement prior to the US's entry into WW2 was led by the Republican Party; "...in 1940 two Republicans, Henry L. Stimson and Frank Knox, were virtually read out of the party for accepting posts in Roosevelt's cabinet." It is also true that much of the country was anti-intervention. However the fact remains that we went to war under Democratic leadership then.

And Augusta Shark, I don't understand your insistence on painting ther issue in stark relief, in black and white. Are you saying that the entire military is Republican? That there is no such thing as a Democratic soldier, and that all Democrats are anti American? If so, then all your arguments are rendered suspect due to your inability to recognize the complexity of the issues at hand; issues will never distill to the simplicity that you insist they have. The longer we keep our forces in Iraq, the stronger the insurgency becomes. If we were to send our entire military might there, we could only quell the insurgency for however long we could afford to, or until we needed forces elsewhere. History has shown that occupations always end in the conqueror being vanquished. Again, if I believed that leaving our forces in Iraq would help form a stable government, then I would say to leave them there; I wish that that would be true.

Tom

No I'm not saying the entire military is Republican, what the hell would even make you think that? I was saying the leadership of the Democratic party feels the same way Kerry does. Pelosi, Kennedy, Murtha and Dean!!!!!!!!!! Get your head out of the sand and you would be able to see it!

The bolded part above is the biggest piece of Bullshit that the Dems throw out there!

Maybe we need a Harry Turman type! Boom!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Kerry had a picture of himself taken with his crew, in Vietnam, in his kahkies, with a purple heart pinned on his shirt. Now, I mean the medal itself, not the ribbon. Need we say any more about John Kerry? Is there any question about where his head was at? Did he think he was still in the Cub Scouts and just got his Lions Badge?At least Kerry was IN Vietnam, and not busy guarding Texas from the Viet Cong! But I agree the joke was in bad taste, and he should apologize.

augustashark
11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
If you stop and think about it, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO SEE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MAN JOHN KERRY IS:

http://www.californiaconservative.org/images/kerry-catching-football.jpg

sumo
11-01-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/01/kerry.remarks/index.html

HE's apologizing -note that this is due to political pressure - not because he is a highly principled supporter of the troops - up until this morning he was still trying to sell everybody that he was really ripping Bush and wasn't making a joke about the troops - I know this is blatantly obvious, but the media isn't pointing it out, so it must be really really really hard to see...I don't need to look at his record to know that this guy is motivated solely by politics and NOT by principles..

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 05:12 PM
I didn't know Ricardo Colclough was white? He also looks exactly like John Kerry!

augustashark
11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Maybe Mosca taught him how to play catch?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow when did America become Nazi, Germany? I thought in America this great country of ours a person had the right to say what he wants even if that person totally makes a ass out of himself. So to much is being made out of Kerry's comments. Do I think it was wrong to say that about our brave men and women serving in the armed forces. Hell yes it was but I'm not making a big deal out of it. Since the douche bag in the White House has made alot more dumb comments then John Kerry and has a made a bigger ass out of himself more then John Kerry ever did. I give major props to any person that chooses to serve for our country. But I would advise them strongly with the way this war is going to think twice about it.

Mosca
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
If you stop and think about it, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO SEE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MAN JOHN KERRY IS:

Now THAT is funny!

AS, I think that each of us thinks the other has his head in the sand on this issue. Let's hope that whichever course gets followed, that it is the one that works. But some problems won't have satisfactory resolutions, ever. Some mazes, the end and the beginning don't connect.

Tom

sumo
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Wow when did America become Nazi, Germany? I thought in America this great country of ours a person had the right to say what he wants even if that person totally makes a ass out of himself. So to much is being made out of Kerry's comments. Do I think it was wrong to say that about our brave men and women serving in the armed forces. Hell yes it was but I'm not making a big deal out of it. Since the douche bag in the White House has made alot more dumb comments then John Kerry and has a made a bigger ass out of himself more then John Kerry ever did. I give major props to any person that chooses to serve for our country. But I would advise them strongly with the way this war is going to think twice about it.

If he would have acknowledged it for what it was instead of saying he really didn't tell a joke about the troops - he was actually ripping Bush??!! - almost in the same class as "I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it"- that was the bigger problem - not the content of what he said - this isn't Nazi Germany - it's the public holding elected officials accountable for what they say... If he had stepped forward and apologized immediately it would not have been as big of a deal..

Black@Gold Forever32
11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
If he would have acknowledged it for what it was instead of saying he really didn't tell a joke about the troops - he was actually ripping Bush??!! - almost in the same class as "I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it"- that was the bigger problem - not the content of what he said - this isn't Nazi Germany - it's the public holding elected officials accountable for what they say... If he had stepped forward and apologized immediately it would not have been as big of a deal..

Just making a a joke about people totally making this a bigger deal then it really is. Shit some people need to get a life.:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Stillers#1
11-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Just making a a joke about people totally making this a bigger deal then it really is. Shit some people need to get a life.:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

I don't think its a case of getting a life, had Bush made that comment, dem's would have been on him like white on rice.

Mikee
11-01-2006, 08:41 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6704/halpusuj1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

stillers4me
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6704/halpusuj1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:sofunny: :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
11-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I didn't know Ricardo Colclough was white? He also looks exactly like John Kerry!

Looks just like him:toofunny:

DiggetyDank
11-01-2006, 09:59 PM
http://sf.indymedia.org/uploads/2004/10/cheerleader.jpg

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 09:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/JohnKerry-Irak.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :sofunny:

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Why can't Flipper just freakin' apologize and leave the politics out of it for a change? :dang:

Kerry Swallows Hard, Apologizes on Blog

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has flip-flopped again. After adamantly stating that he would "apologize to no one" for his comments about the intelligence of individual members of the U.S. military, Kerry is now saying - or writing - that he is sorry.

In a blog entry that appears at his JohnKerry.com Web site, the junior senator from Massachusetts offers this statement:

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended."

Kerry's mea culpa continues with an attack on the Bush administration:

"It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don?t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

Kerry's low-key apology stands in sharp contrast to his vocal press conference Tuesday in which he blasted his critics for even implying that his comments were controversial.

Perhaps the apology came after some arm-twisting from members of his own Democratic Party less than one week before the midterm elections. Since the story broke, leading Democrats have been trying to distance themselves from Kerry's comments, including Sen. Hillary Clinton, who called his comments 'inappropriate.'

President George W. Bush, who soundly defeated Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, and many others have demanded an apology from Kerry. Bush called Kerry's comments 'insulting and shameful' to U.S. military veterans and their families.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Why can't Flipper just freakin' apologize and leave the politics out of it for a change? :dang:

Kerry Swallows Hard, Apologizes on Blog

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has flip-flopped again. After adamantly stating that he would "apologize to no one" for his comments about the intelligence of individual members of the U.S. military, Kerry is now saying - or writing - that he is sorry.

In a blog entry that appears at his JohnKerry.com Web site, the junior senator from Massachusetts offers this statement:

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended."

Kerry's mea culpa continues with an attack on the Bush administration:

"It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don?t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

Kerry's low-key apology stands in sharp contrast to his vocal press conference Tuesday in which he blasted his critics for even implying that his comments were controversial.

Perhaps the apology came after some arm-twisting from members of his own Democratic Party less than one week before the midterm elections. Since the story broke, leading Democrats have been trying to distance themselves from Kerry's comments, including Sen. Hillary Clinton, who called his comments 'inappropriate.'

President George W. Bush, who soundly defeated Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, and many others have demanded an apology from Kerry. Bush called Kerry's comments 'insulting and shameful' to U.S. military veterans and their families.

Amazing to me that this being an "election year" was the reason for his comment.... and fittingly enough...the same reason that the other Dems have distanced themselves from him and left him stranded out on a politically expediant island by himself

Mosca
11-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Thing is, even the comment that he actually intended to make was ridiculous; he got the exact same grades at Yale that Bush did.

Tom

augustashark
11-02-2006, 01:32 PM
His apology came via a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!, what an ass! Can't even go on tv and give an apology to the us troops!

This guy is done!

DiggetyDank
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
You know, I wonder why I didn't see the same uproar when Bush did that comedy routine about the missing WMDs.

Also, it's great how the people have let this distract them from the real issues.

Hey, who is more repugnant? The guy that made some kind of asinine joke, or the guy SENDING TROOPS TO THEIR DEATHS?

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 02:42 PM
You know, I wonder why I didn't see the same uproar when Bush did that comedy routine about the missing WMDs.

Also, it's great how the people have let this distract them from the real issues.

Hey, who is more repugnant? The guy that made some kind of asinine joke, or the guy SENDING TROOPS TO THEIR DEATHS?

Why do you libs have to turn the spotlight around whenever one of your own is being called on the carpet??? We're not talking about George Bush here - the title of the thread is....JOHN KERRY.

John Kerry has done more over the years than make "assinine" jokes. Ask the Vets how they feel about him after he knifed his Vietnam comrades in the back to further his political career. The term "piece of shit" is too good for this letch.

Stillers#1
11-02-2006, 02:45 PM

I think you're missing the point here buddy. Bush, supports the troops, although he is "sending them to their death" it is an all volunteer armed service. The majority of the people in the service got into it to defend the country, even more following the terrorist attacks. They aren't stupid, and only Kerry could spin this into an accident. It come out how he MEANT it. His aides may have written it differently, but he said what he meant.

Oh, an dyou say Bush is sending all those troops to their deaths? What about all of the Democratic congressmen/women who voted in favor of the war (INCLUDING KERRY). It's amzing to me that you lousy democrats can always easily forget that.

Our exit policy, while flawed, should have been thought about before we got involved, by both parties.

There weren't too many dem's against this wr when it started, but now that they realize they can milk votes out of it, well....you know.

DiggetyDank
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
BS. How did Bush support the troops by joking about the nonexistent WMDs that thousands of soldiers died for? Many soldiers signed up after 9/11 - that didn't have anything to do with Iraq. It's not their fault Bush just changed it up, gave up on finding Bin Laden and decided to go to Iraq.

Notice, I'm not defending Kerry at all.

Exit Strategy by both parties? I hope you're joking. Any talk of an exit strategy by ANY party until recently was interpreted as "cut and run." Remember the phrase they just stopped using? Stay the course? Also, the Republican party controls both houses and the presidency so it's not like anyone who didn't fully drink the neo-con koolaid would have had a say regardless.

sumo
11-02-2006, 03:39 PM
We are fighting AL Qaeda and other terrorists orgs that have alligned with Sadam loyalists -both parties agree on this much...

We didn't know this would be the case 3 years after going into Iraq, but it is - we're not there any more to find WMDs or free Iraq - we are now engaged with the same bastards that orchestrated 9-11 and all the other attacks before it - if we leave, they become more emboldened then ever and declare victory - and we live up to the title of "paper tiger" given to us by Osama and Hussein -- I think McCain is the only one that has it right when he says we should flood the entire region with at least 500,000 troops and hunt done every last terrorist or "insurgent" as the media refers to them - and decimate them to the point they are convinced that Allah wants them to end their wonderful Jihad - Kerry is an idiot - pure and simple for not understanding what's at stake ... he didn't only make a horrible joke at their expense, but he continues to belittle what they are doing

Stillers#1
11-03-2006, 11:21 AM
BS. How did Bush support the troops by joking about the nonexistent WMDs that thousands of soldiers died for? Many soldiers signed up after 9/11 - that didn't have anything to do with Iraq. It's not their fault Bush just changed it up, gave up on finding Bin Laden and decided to go to Iraq.

Notice, I'm not defending Kerry at all.

Exit Strategy by both parties? I hope you're joking. Any talk of an exit strategy by ANY party until recently was interpreted as "cut and run." Remember the phrase they just stopped using? Stay the course? Also, the Republican party controls both houses and the presidency so it's not like anyone who didn't fully drink the neo-con koolaid would have had a say regardless.

You miss my point, if Kerry wants to bitchc about exit strategy, he should have thought about that when he voted in favor of war. Chances are that, yes, we would have gone to war whether Kerry voted for it or not, that doesn't excuse the fact that he didn't ask these "pressing questions" before he voted. Then, maybe he would have some credilbility. Sorry to say, he has less than Bush does, and I am no Bush apologist.

I think Sumo hit it right on the nose.

Hines0wnz
01-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Just imagine if this jackass had gotten elected in 2004.....:dang:

Mosca
01-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Just imagine if this jackass had gotten elected in 2004.....:dang:

LOL yeah, reelecting the guy in there now really worked out well.

sumo
01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Is somebody trying to start a fight? why are all these old poltical hot potatoe threads getting bumped all of a sudden?

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Is somebody trying to start a fight? why are all these old poltical hot potatoe threads getting bumped all of a sudden?

Because for us Steelers fans, sumo, the off-season has begun. :wink02:

My favorite Kerry/Edwards photo.........:toofunny:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/s/6/kerry_edwards_sue.jpg

Mosca
01-07-2007, 09:37 AM
LOL HTG, that is a good one!

Tom

LambertIsGod58
01-07-2007, 09:42 AM
The country is not in a great state right now...BUT, I hate to think where we'd be if John Kerry was Prez. He intentionally injured himself in Vietnam to be awarded medals. He's probably an arsonist who stays at the scene of a fire to play hero and put it out.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Because for us Steelers fans, sumo, the off-season has begun. :wink02:

My favorite Kerry/Edwards photo.........:toofunny:

Great photo! :wink02:

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
LOL yeah, reelecting the guy in there now really worked out well.

He has made mistakes but considering how he was handed a shit economy and then we get attacked 9 months into his term, he has done okay. Bill Clinton was pretty worthless as it turns out but no one in the MSM will ever admit to that.

sumo
01-08-2007, 12:33 PM
The thing scaring me right now is it seems like the country is just "floating" - The lame duck pres terms of Reagan and Clinton were racked with scandals - I don't even think Clinton met with his cabinet the whole last year he was in office and Reagan had the Iran contra - but yet the feeling of uneasiness and insecurity seems way more intense right now then it ever did back then ...

HometownGal
01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
The thing scaring me right now is it seems like the country is just "floating" - The lame duck pres terms of Reagan and Clinton were racked with scandals - I don't even think Clinton met with his cabinet the whole last year he was in office and Reagan had the Iran contra - but yet the feeling of uneasiness and insecurity seems way more intense right now then it ever did back then ...

Reagan and Clinton didn't encounter a terrorist attack like 911 during their terms in office, either. I can't answer for everyone else, but honestly - I feel more relaxed and secure living in the good ol' U.S. of A than I have felt in a long time. Bush most definitely has his faults (which President didn't?) and I don't agree with everything he does or has done, but the one thing I am certain of is that obviously, someone got the message that this country will stand up to terrorists and protect its people to the best of its ability.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
He has made mistakes but considering how he was handed a shit economy and then we get attacked 9 months into his term, he has done okay. Bill Clinton was pretty worthless as it turns out but no one in the MSM will ever admit to that.

Yet still placed on a pedastal...without a track record of success...can anyone say Barack Obama?...I guess young and prominant is all it takes to equal success for some.

Mosca
01-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Must... not... engage....

:tt02:

Tom

floodcitygirl
01-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm thinking that if we're here already, it's gonna be a loooonnnngggggg off season! :banging: LOL!

sumo
01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Reagan and Clinton didn't encounter a terrorist attack like 911 during their terms in office, either. I can't answer for everyone else, but honestly - I feel more relaxed and secure living in the good ol' U.S. of A than I have felt in a long time. Bush most definitely has his faults (which President didn't?) and I don't agree with everything he does or has done, but the one thing I am certain of is that obviously, someone got the message that this country will stand up to terrorists and protect its people to the best of its ability.

I should have clarified more - when I met insecurity I wasn't referring to terrorist attacks - I was referring to the general uneasiness and lack of direction - I'm pretty neutral on Bush as a pres -I think he's done some good things, IMHO, his second term has just been strange - and I don't get a real warm and fuzzy feeling seeing Nancy Pelosi swarn in as Speaker of the House either...hard to explain, but I definetly do not share the same "relaxed and secure" feelings you do...I liked the mix of donkey in the whitehouse and elephants in congress --I really couldn't stand Clinton as a human being - and yes it's ok to require our pres to have strong moral character -- but I liked the mix of him in the white house and republicans with control of congress - it seemed to work well from a legislative/getting good things done standpoint - of course both sides want to take credit on their own -- now I'm rambling...

sumo
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Must... not... engage....

:tt02:

Tom

Come on Tom!! - the water's warm - what would a political argument be without your input?!

Mosca
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I liked the mix of donkey in the whitehouse and elephants in congress I liked the mix of [Clinton] in the white house and republicans with control of congress - it seemed to work well from a legislative/getting good things done standpoint

I agree.

And, I already argued all this stuff already. Going over it again is a waste of energy. There are new eggs to fry, and they've only had a week and there is nothing to criticize yet. We're digging up the past. Kerry, Clinton, Coulter... old news. Give the new folks some time, let's wait for something fresh to tear to shreds. I want blood and Hines0wnz is giving me dried beef jerky!

I can hardly wait to see what becomes of our new Representative Chris Carney, who defeated my employer Don Sherwood. He is a Dem who was on the committee that validated the reports of WMD... that should be fun.

Don himself, well he got defeated because he pulled a Clinton and believe me, voters think local. That didn't go over well here in ultraconservative NE PA. Which is too bad, because Don is more of a realist and compromiser than he is a hard liner. He did well for the district. We were better off with him. He could have been congressman for life if he'd kept it zippered.

Tom

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
And, I already argued all this stuff already. Going over it again is a waste of energy. There are new eggs to fry, and they've only had a week and there is nothing to criticize yet. We're digging up the past. Kerry, Clinton, Coulter... old news. Give the new folks some time, let's wait for something fresh to tear to shreds. I want blood and Hines0wnz is giving me dried beef jerky!

My apologies for not giving you something better to chew on...yet. I have primarily been on here for game chat when I stumbled upon on this lovely forum. Some of it stirred my interests as I had been on other sites for political discussions. Now I have a new sandbox to play in! :wink02:

Mosca
01-08-2007, 06:18 PM
My apologies for not giving you something better to chew on...yet. I have primarily been on here for game chat when I stumbled upon on this lovely forum. Some of it stirred my interests as I had been on other sites for political discussions. Now I have a new sandbox to play in! :wink02:

That's cool. I hope to find you a worthy sounding board. Be forewarned though, that I prefer original thought to regurgitated nonsense. Quoting Ann Coulter is nowhere near as much fun as looking at what people in government (or news otherwise) have said and done, and then giving your interpretation; what you liked about it, what you thought was totally idiotic, etc.

I NEVER mind being disagreed with. Sometimes folks have changed my mind, or at least opened my eyes to another side of an issue. Most issues are problems because they defy easy solutions. That is why compromise (rather than unilateral fiat ala Coulter et al) has worked so well over the past 225 years; folks on both sides have taken the time to see why their opposites feel the way they do, and then they accomodate them.

For example; Bush wants to send more troops to Iraq, but Congress is threatening to withhold funding. Tough one; man, everyone wants to win this thing, but is more troops the answer? If we do it will it work? Is the human cost worth it if it doesn't? I don't have an answer. Maybe more troops would have worked in the beginning, but I don't see it right now. But wth do I know. My take is that Iraq has been hopelessly bungled from the start, and may very well turn out to be the worst debacle in the history of our nation. And I don't mean that from a "stand-off-to-the-side hate the US international sense"; I mean that this war has seriously damaged our self interests and self preservation as a global political force. I certainly hope it has not. But that is not for you nor I to decide, only history will tell.

Tom