PDA

View Full Version : Broncos would rather face Ben than Batch

Stlrs4Life
10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4577614

"Nothing against Ben - he's a Super Bowl quarterback," Broncos defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban said. "But you know what? The tape doesn't lie. I'd rather face Ben than Charlie Batch just because how their offense has been doing with Charlie Batch in there."

SteelCityMan786
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, they calling him out, looks like some motiviational tool.

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 08:52 PM
It doesn't look to me like Ekuban is calling out Ben. He's just looking at tape and making comments on what he sees. Unfortuntaley, he is pretty much correct right now.

Even though he has a Denver slant to his comments, they aren't clouded by black and gold like it is for most of us here.

-Mike

jaysta
10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Hmmm, they calling him out, looks like some motiviational tool.

Actually I think they're smart enough to realize that his concussions are really affecting his game play. His decision making skills dropped dramatically after that hit he took in the KC game. If you've ever had one you'll know what I mean. My head pounded for about two weeks and I couldn't think straight due to the pain. :banging:

NV STEELERS 723
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Beware of the walking wounded....they seem to rise to the occasion... GO BIG BEN !

Atlanta Dan
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Stilll interesting to see that kind of quote after Ben torched them last year.

I agree Ben is a mess, but this may be Denver trying to get itself psyched up for what is a very big game for their playoff prospects. After losing to the Colts they know they if they play Indy again it will be on the road and have San Diego and KC on their tail.

Steel Warrior
10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said, think about it, if you were on a D, which QB would you rather face right now? At times Ben looks great, at times he looks stupid. Charlie has only had several quarters and looked really good. Tough call, but I'd rather go up against Ben because of his penchant for mistakes right now.

:smoker:

X-Terminator
10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Sounds to me like Ben's being called out...

MACH1
10-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Hopefully the O-line can do some blocking up front for him.
Its time to start playing like champions.:helmet:

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

PAMillerGrrl83
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Beware of the walking wounded....they seem to rise to the occasion... GO BIG BEN !

I totally agree with you. Denver blows and hopefully Sunday the Steelers and Ben can kick some serious butt!:tt02:

CantStop85
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM

"Nothing against Ben - he's a Super Bowl quarterback," Broncos defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban said. "But you know what? The tape doesn't lie. I'd rather face Ben than Charlie Batch just because how their offense has been doing with Charlie Batch in there."
Nothing profound about that statement. I'd say just about every Broncos defensive player is thinking the same thing. Ben's great when he's 100% mentally and physically, but the fact remains that he just isn't right now. Ben should have been resting against the Raiders...and I don't think it would be that bad of an idea to sit him against Denver.

Tankus_Maximus
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm awe-struck...my jaw just hit the floor....an objective & unbiased post on Ben...by...CS85.

I just called Satan..he tells me their NHL season is well under way.

It all makes sense now.

siss
10-31-2006, 10:39 PM
I think Ben needs to remind himself of how good he can be. I hope he does it during the Bronco's game.

ytsan2q
10-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Ben's head will definitely be a target for the rest of the year. I noticed a lot of the Raiders players aiming high with their sacks. I watched the Falcons-Bengals game Sunday. It appeared as though the Falcons we aiming at Carson's knees. The new rule wasn't being enforced though. Patrick Kerney hit him low several times. Ben has to be be careful now that teams know that he is easily concussed.

Broncos724
11-01-2006, 12:25 AM
While it may not sound like much, it makes me nervous as a Broncos fan. Last week Darrent Williams was running his trap about how if Manning threw to his side 10+ times he'd pick off 1 or 2, guaranteed. Well we all know how that turned out...:dang:

I don't care if the Steelers are 2-5, I don't care if they've lost to the Raiders the previous week, they will give the Broncos a good game, I know it. And I really hope the Broncos are ready for revenge.

Here's to an injury-free game! :drink:

Rotorhead
11-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Well living in Bronco country and having a wife who is a rabid Broncos fan, I can say the only way the Steelers are going to win this game is if the passing game looks like it did when we played KC and the Falcons! The Broncos run def is STOUT (kind of like how our run Def USED to be) and I doubt we will get many yards on them from our current running game. That being said, as long as our Oline blocks like it can, and we can avoid the turnovers, it should be a good game. Our Def is good enough to keep the Broncos in check. It falls on our special teams and Off.

SteelersWoman
11-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Ben has had two GREAT games, and 4 bad ones. Only thing is, they have NO idea "which" Ben will show up--so if it were me, I'd still be afraid of Big Ben.

Classy Broncos724--thanks :smile:

And I think that most Steelers fans would also say that it's gonna be a great game! Broncos are a tough team.

I'm hoping for the same thing--an injury free one, on BOTH sides :thumbsup:

brind666
11-01-2006, 04:40 AM
he is perfectly right, i am quite happy that a pro football player agrees with me about the level of ben right now.... i just wonder how many ints. he will have this weekend ?? Any bets ? ill say at least 2.............:-(

SteelersWoman
11-01-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm gonna go very optimistic here and say zero.

I'm hopin by the power of positive thinking, that I'm gonna will Big Ben to have a great game :smile:

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I think he's being called out. The guys points may be correct while viewing tape but I don't think you want to put that out there in the media. It could come back to bite you in the arse!

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Though I see nothing wrong with a little mind game playing before a contest that is important in different aspects to both teams, me thinks Mr. Ekuban should really take a good look in his own backyard. Jake the Snake hasn't been exactly lighting up the scoreboard this season and got the ass-whoopin of his life in the playoff game against the Steelers in 2005. He really should be more concerned whether or not Jakey is going to be made into a turf pizza by our D this Sunday.

This comment could very well work in Ben's favor. We may be thanking Ebenezer Scrooge on Sunday afternoon. :tt02:

Good luck Broncs fans! :cheers:

tony hipchest
11-01-2006, 11:10 AM
this just in:

the steelers would rather play plummer than elway

bradness113
11-01-2006, 11:17 AM
The Colts torched DENVERS D with their passing game...

Looks like we will have to do the same.

Plus hopefully we will have an oline that will protect ben and get some holes for willie!:helmet:

memphissteelergirl
11-01-2006, 12:20 PM
While it may not sound like much, it makes me nervous as a Broncos fan. Last week Darrent Williams was running his trap about how if Manning threw to his side 10+ times he'd pick off 1 or 2, guaranteed. Well we all know how that turned out...:dang:

I don't care if the Steelers are 2-5, I don't care if they've lost to the Raiders the previous week, they will give the Broncos a good game, I know it. And I really hope the Broncos are ready for revenge.

Classy post B724...thanks! And I will take ya up on that toast!

Duck44
11-01-2006, 06:12 PM

Denver just got beat last week. I think they may be the wounded to beware.

Steelersfan4life0655
11-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I think denver should be careful what they wish for. Pittsburgh is really desperate at this moment, if i was denver i would be really worried, Pittsburgh not very nice when things go bad and especially at home. I believe Pittsburgh will wins this game, it will be a kick ass game, but i think and hope Pittsburgh wants it more. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Elvis
11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
:hug: Hugs for Ben, but right now Batch might be the answer just to give Ben a little break and let him realize that things can change and Nothing is Promised...:helmet:

SteelersWoman
11-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Denver just got beat last week. I think they may be the wounded to beware.

Hey--aren't WE the "walking wounded"? lol

I'd say we're more wounded than Denver, so it should be us who comes out on top...:cheer: :helmet:

brind666
11-02-2006, 05:03 AM
he is a wise guy that broncos player :-)

stillers4me
11-02-2006, 06:24 AM
he is a wise guy that broncos player :-)

The mind can play tricks on you in that high altitude...............

People were saying we wouldn't play well in Denver last year because of the thinner air in Denver..........:sofunny:

I predict the Broncos will choke in that thick Pittsburgh air.............:tt02:

PalmerSteel
11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
if the steelers have any kind of heart and passion that they showed on their run last year, this would be the game. i have a feeling the guys are gonna rally up, the o-line is gonna show up, ben will manage the game, and jake the snake will be pulled by the 4th quarter.

touchdownward
11-02-2006, 08:10 PM
I see this as "whistling through the graveyard". No way they'd rather see Ben after he and the Steelers torched them in the AFC Championship game, no way.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-02-2006, 11:06 PM
I hope Ben plays that over and over in his mind all week..

Btrice
11-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Batch is harder to perpare for than Ben, there is only like 1.3 games of tape they could watch from this season for Batch. So of course they want to play Ben.

Preacher
11-03-2006, 01:38 PM

Thats the kind of quote that make these boards enjoyable... Thanks

steelcity58
11-04-2006, 12:13 AM

Ekuban...a high round cast-off bust from the Boys...sees 5-6 tapes and thinks he knows the Steelers...

Idiot...

stillers4me
11-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Isn't this the same bunch of cowards that turned down a chance to play us in the opener because they were afraid of us???????

Sounds like a good chance to open up a can of some Steeler whoop-ass. :helmet: