PDA

View Full Version : Put A Fork In This Season!

SuckItUp
10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank goodness I'm number one in my fantasy league, or I'd be real depressed right about now! :coffee:

MJ5150
10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
No forks in my kitchen.

-Mike

NV STEELERS 723
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
1 game at a time....11-5 def gets a playoff !

vasteeler
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
1 game at a time....11-5 def gets a playoff !

YOU ARE DREAMING

memphissteelergirl
11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Thank goodness I'm number one in my fantasy league, or I'd be real depressed right about now! :coffee:

How nice for you :yap:

klick81
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Where the hell are all these new lame ass posters coming from???

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 02:47 PM

That and 5 cents just may get you a piece of Bazooka. :rolleyes:

Stillers#1
11-01-2006, 02:53 PM

Not these days HTG, it's at least a dime for some delicious gum and funny comics.

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Not these days HTG, it's at least a dime for some delicious gum and funny comics.

LOL! True. OK - he's got some saving to do then.

herewegosteelers
11-01-2006, 03:03 PM
FORK YOU!! I am not done yet!:duel: Game on !!:tt02:

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
YOU ARE DREAMING

He's BELIEVING. :tt02: There's a difference. Maybe you could learn from his example.

SteelerFanInCA
11-01-2006, 03:21 PM

That's kind of weak if you need a fantasy football league to make you happy. No forks in my kitchen either.

SteelerFanInCA
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM

I hear you bro. These guys are just coming out of no where. It just goes to show you what anyone with half a brain and a keyboard can do.

clarient
11-01-2006, 03:50 PM
I only play with knives. :D

I know it makes no sense, but it sounds good in the context of the conversation.

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM

I thought Bazooka was 10 cents now?

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 06:30 PM
I know reality hurts sometimes guys, but unfortunately all the wishfull thinking in the world won't change the record. I'm just not affraid to admit it. I've been a Steelers fan for long enough to know that you have to take the good with the bad. That's reality. Last year was the good, now it's someone else's turn. If you're a true fan, you stay on even when things are tough.:old:

steelergirlrocks
11-02-2006, 08:20 PM
We are the Champions! It is never "done"...it's only just beginning. Denver here we come! In your face Steeler football...that's what we are going to see on Sunday. Don't doubt it for a second.

Da Question
11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
the way some teams have looked now 10-5 and maybe even 9-7 might get u a wild card. so save the fork for dinner i STEEL believe. :dancing: :flipoff:

SteelCityMan786
11-02-2006, 08:46 PM
He's BELIEVING. :tt02: There's a difference. Maybe you could learn from his example.

Amen to that Hometown!

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok, let me take this to the next level. Not only have the Steelers completely WAISTED their chances to "defend" their superbowl title this year with complacency and poor coaching, it may be just as hard to get back next year! Why, you ask?

Because next year they will have some serious contract issues to deal with. This team has far too much talent to maintain under the current salary cap. Talent that other teams with bigger pocket books are simply drooling over! So we lose some of our key veterans and exchange them with rookies! Sound like a superbowl contender to you?

Go ahead, tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me why you "believe"...and all that other emotional crap! :blah:

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06278/727571-194.stm

Enjoy!

polamalufan43
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM

I wish I knew. Of course, if I knew where/who they were coming from, that person/place wouldn't exsist by now. :pissed: :m16:
Anywho, I'll definately agree that I'm not excactly ready to pick up any forks just yet.. I'll save them for when I need to throw something at a Clown and their fans.

~polamalufan43:tt02:

stlrtruck
11-02-2006, 09:46 PM
year was the good, now it's someone else's turn. If you're a true fan, you stay on even when things are tough.:old:

While I do agree that you stay with your team even when things are tough...there is one thing I adamantly disagree with you on...

It's NEVER someone elses turn....IT IS ALWAYS THE STEELERS TURN!!

I've been asked, "Wouldn't you get tired if the Steelers always won the Super Bowl?"

And my answer is an emphatic, "NO!"

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 09:47 PM
A little overly emotional dont you think polomolufan? :shake02:

polamalufan43
11-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe, but I just picked a few random ecomotions that looked like they would fit. And plus, one of the only times I'll really be emotional is when I'm talking about hey Steelers, lol. Good news, I took some of the ecomotions out...
Anyway... I meant what I said. The steelers aren't done yet...
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

hellbread
11-02-2006, 10:33 PM
hrm...so what ur telling me is that the steelers season is over...3 games back from 1st place...8 games left...2 against the ravens, 2 against the browns, and one against the bengals...now correct me if im wrong but 8 is more than 3 right? i meen i dunno i could be wrong. but if im right and 8 is more than 3 then we arent done. ESPECIALLY SINCE WE HAVE 5 count them 5...divisional games left. pretty sad when 'true fans' give up when there is more than a chance to make the playoffs and even win the division. no this isnt me being a hopeful, its being a realist. when the steelers are mathematically eliminated from winning the division and/or getting a wild card then please post this and talk about how the season is done with the fork thing. just my two cents bruddah.

bozz723
11-02-2006, 10:50 PM
I mean does anyone remember the 2004 season ? We won 15 in a row. Does anyone remember last year we won 8in a row. Now this team is extraordinarily talented. We have a legitimate shot if we win this week.

Are you really going to sit here and tell me we can't win out ? Are you telling me tha the bengals are gonna beat the colts, ravens twice, the broncos, and us ? Are you telling me the ravens are going to beat us at least once and not lose another game besides the two that they lose to us ?

Because if you are telling me all of that, then yes, the season is over. However, we are in prime position to make the playoffs again. We are too talented not too. That is being real.

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm telling you that if the Steelers were to go on a run and win from here on out with a very tough schedule, a banged up quarterback and worst of all a complacent attitude, than this superbowl run would be MUCH more incredible than any before it, including last years!

So then, being a realist and not simply a fanatic I will continue to cheer them on even though the odds are tremendously stacked against them! That's what true fans do. Accept reality and move on.

The reality is, this season is over. You already know that. :pity:

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 12:38 AM
So...once again...thank goodness for fantasy football! :coffee:

MJ5150
11-03-2006, 12:45 AM
The reality is, this season is over.

There are nine games left to play. The season will be over when Pittsburgh plays their last game. Are the playoffs in the future for the Steelers? It doesn't look like it right now.

But come on, it doesn't take some football wizard to come on here and start railing about how the playoffs are out of the question, and the season is "over". It's actually quite easy to do at this point. You may end up being right, but don't go patting yourself on the back like you knew it was coming after week two.

-Mike

bozz723
11-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Excuse me. real fans do not give up on the season when their team is STILL in the thick of things. If we lose this week, then our season is more than likely over.

However. It does not matter how hard our schedule is, it matters how we play. It is in my opinion that we are done giving away games, therefore it is in my opinion that we will win out.

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 12:56 AM
HAHAHA! I give you credit Mike. That was a pretty ballsy thing to say. Funny too! I tell you what. I'll agree not to proclaim myself a genious. Actually I'm nowhere near that. Anyhow, in return you agree that you can still be a true fan even when you can admit halfway through the season that your team is not going to make it.

So what the Steelers aren't going to make it this year! I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
But then too, my self worth isn't connected to a football team. I like watching them. I admire all they've done. But I won't slit my wrists if they're not there this year.

Doesn't take a genious to see where this season is going, just a realist. :hunch:

MJ5150
11-03-2006, 01:05 AM
.......in return you agree that you can still be a true fan even when you can admit halfway through the season that your team is not going to make it.

So what the Steelers aren't going to make it this year! I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
But then too, my self worth isn't connected to a football team. I like watching them. I admire all they've done. But I won't slit my wrists if they're not there this year.

I agree with your first point above. I really like the Steelers, a lot. I just don't see a playoff run this year. I'll get berated, and my true allegiance to the Steelers will be questioned for that, but that is fine. We all take our love for the Steelers at our own level. Being realistic does not mean you are not a true fan. I question the sanity of those who are convinced a playoff run is for sure this season. Possible? Yeah, just not likely.

The sun will continue to come up no matter how many games the Steelers win. I'll be sad when they lose, and happy when they win. Heck, I'm still happy from last year. I smile every time I see Bettis. I smile when I look at my SB XL poster, or wear my SB XL hat. No amount of losses this year will take that away from me.

So even though it doesn't look good right now for the Steelers to make the playoffs, I'm not quite ready to give up on that hope. A good beatdown form Denver this Sunday may do it to me though.

-Mike

HometownGal
11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Ok, let me take this to the next level. Not only have the Steelers completely WAISTED their chances to "defend" their superbowl title this year with complacency and poor coaching, it may be just as hard to get back next year! Why, you ask?

Because next year they will have some serious contract issues to deal with. This team has far too much talent to maintain under the current salary cap. Talent that other teams with bigger pocket books are simply drooling over! So we lose some of our key veterans and exchange them with rookies! Sound like a superbowl contender to you?

Go ahead, tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me why you "believe"...and all that other emotional crap! :blah:

I don't have a crystal ball nor am I a soothsayer to be able to predict what is going to happen next season. At this point, however, I am not concerned with next season - I am putting all of my focus and energies into the present season. With that being said, at present, the Steelers have not been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and until they are, I'm not counting them out. If any of us had given up last season when the situation seemed hopeless, we all would have looked like fools. Last year's season is a testament to the fact that anything can happen in the NFL.

Why do I believe you ask? Because I am a diehard, true-blue Pittsburgh Steelers fan like so many others on this board who refuse to throw in their Terrible Towels just because the team is in a bit of a rut right now. There is still a lot of football to be played. :tt02: We're not delusional - we're believers, not doubters, who have faith that our team can turn it around and climb back up that ladder, starting this week, but if they don't, it doesn't matter. We're going to continue to bleed black and gold and stand behind our team season after season. :tt02:

Livinginthe past
11-03-2006, 08:05 AM
The Steelers seem to have cornered the market in reverse-bandwagoners - the worse the team does the more of them come out the woodwork!

Come on guys - where were you when they were winning it all? :wink02:

Darn reverse-bandwagoners!

NM

MJ5150
11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Come on guys - where were you when they were winning it all?

I just found out about this website about two weeks ago.

-Mike

Livinginthe past
11-03-2006, 10:04 AM
I just found out about this website about two weeks ago.

-Mike

Just having a gentle dig at the latest batch of 'the sky is falling' brigade.

I've read most of your posts, they seem realistic rather than negative, so I wouldnt count yourself amongst the reverse-bandwagoners :wink02:

NM

polamalufan43
11-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, have you ever noticed that they all seem to disappear when we lose, but miraculously reappear when we win? Hmmm, so is the life of a bandwagoner.
Anyway.... I have yo agree that the season might be over if we only had three games left, but I'm pretty sure that we have nine.

Big D
11-03-2006, 10:28 AM
the 2-5 record isnt pretty. But I wont give up on the season until 11pm eastern time on week 17. I dont know how many times over the years I thought we were done only for some amazing comeback or some great run. Last year is the perfect example of that

Btrice
11-03-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm not as concerned about all the doomsday prophets coming out of the woodwork as I am about all the repititious threads that are allowed round here. Mods? I mean come on, there are like 25 identical threads from people like this. SC786 seems like a good guy, but isn't he only 15 years old or so? Big boards like this need people with some major mod/admin experience.

Big D
11-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I dont know if there is a possibilty of another mod comming in but i would think hometowngal, floodcity or 83 would be great mods.

Btrice
11-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Agreed on any of those choices. Maybe SC786 is just overwhelmed and its not an experience issue.

Big D
11-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Agreed on any of those choices. Maybe SC786 is just overwhelmed and its not an experience issue.

thats very true. I think the individual has done a very good job on the forum. It's not easy with how big this forum has got, and all the trolls that have invaded the forum

Btrice
11-03-2006, 11:08 AM
thats very true. I think the individual has done a very good job on the forum. It's not easy with how big this forum has got, and all the trolls that have invaded the forum

Yeah my initial critical observation was probably a little unfounded.

memphissteelergirl
11-03-2006, 11:22 AM
HAHAHA! I give you credit Mike. That was a pretty ballsy thing to say. Funny too! I tell you what. I'll agree not to proclaim myself a genious. Actually I'm nowhere near that. Anyhow, in return you agree that you can still be a true fan even when you can admit halfway through the season that your team is not going to make it.

Doesn't take a genious to see where this season is going, just a realist. :hunch:

So are you saying those of us who want to believe our team still have a chance will become suicidal if we don't make the playoffs? That is a lame-a** argument if I ever heard one!

What's also lame is this argument of what constitutes a "true fan." All right SIU, you wanna debate..bring it on!

What I love about Steeler fans is not only are they passionate about their team, they are passionate and knowledgable about football in general. Yeah, we can see what's going on..we are not stupid as you seem to imply (BTW, props to you for realizing you are not a genious). Anybody with half a brain can see that there is lot wrong here....non-productive offense with a shaky QB, non-existent special teams, a D that is tired from doing all the work.
But we also know that, as last year demonstrated, anything is possible. So you will forgive us poor souls that want to think there is a glimmer of hope. That's what true fans, IMOH, do. So if you want to spend the rest of the season with your fantasy football, more power to ya. But don't come up in here with your condescending, smug atitude making us feel like we haven't got sense.

Big D
11-03-2006, 11:26 AM
So are you saying those of us who want to believe our team still have a chance will become suicidal if we don't make the playoffs? That is a lame-a** argument if I ever heard one!

What's also lame is this argument of what constitutes a "true fan." All right SIU, you wanna debate..bring it on!

What I love about Steeler fans is not only are they passionate about their team, they are passionate and knowledgable about football in general. Yeah, we can see what's going on..we are not stupid as you seem to imply (BTW, props to you for realizing you are not a genious). Anybody with half a brain can see that there is lot wrong here....non-productive offense with a shaky QB, non-existent special teams, a D that is tired from doing all the work.
But we also know that, as last year demonstrated, anything is possible. No one thought So you will forgive us poor souls that want to think there is a glimmer of hope. That's what true fans, IMOH, do. So if you want to spend the rest of the season with your fantasy football, more power to ya. But don't come up in here with your condescending, smug atitude making us feel like we haven't got sense.
couldnt agree more. I didnt find this site until may. But i would have loved to be in here last year to hear everybodys thought on what was going on a year ago. I still have faith that we can win out every single game from today up until the superbowl.

clevestinks
11-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I dont know if there is a possibilty of another mod comming in but i would think hometowngal, floodcity or 83 would be great mods.

All very good choices! :cheers:

As far as the fork?? Never! 9-7 Could win this division! We have a 5 AFCN games to play, we have to go 5-0 in those games

slashsteel
11-03-2006, 12:10 PM
reverse bandwagoners? lmfao Silly puff fan when are you just going to realise that the Steeler Nation is the biggest fan base in the world! :)

They come out of the woodwork at each turn of a corner. And for the most part stick by the team through thick and thin until the end!

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
First of all LITP, I'm obviously not a reverse bandwagoner as you later observed. I'm also not a hopeless romantic either. I AM however, one of the few true fans not affraid to use logic instead of simply emotions when making the predictions for my favorite team this year.

How do you think Patriots fans would feel if they knew your tag was "Living In The Past"?
Betrayed? That's what I'm dealing with here. People can't stomach reality. The moment you say something that conflicts with their ideals, they call for "new moderators" to make the pain go away. Well guess what. The STEELERS have caused this pain, and even if you can't hear me say it, it will still be there until THEY do something about it! All the wishfull thinking in the world wont change that.

Also Memphisteelergirl, I appologize if I came accross "smug" as you put it. I can assure you that was not my intention. I also don't wish to have verbal debates with anyone. I hate them.

Livinginthe past
11-03-2006, 12:41 PM
First of all LITP, I'm obviously not a reverse bandwagoner as you later observed. I'm also not a hopeless romantic either. I AM however, one of the few true fans not affraid to use logic instead of simply emotions when making the predictions for my favorite team this year.

I have seen plenty of people using 'logic' - admitting that the team has just been too inconsistent to deserve a record any better than 2-5 - but also holding out some hope that things can be turned around.

You know, I dont expect Steeler fans to proclaim that they are the best in the NFL, or that they might even make the SB this year - but I dont understand the need for constant negative output.

Of course, im not saying you shouldn't post those thoughts, just expect people to comment on it.

How do you think Patriots fans would feel if they knew your tag was "Living In The Past"?
Betrayed? That's what I'm dealing with here. People can't stomach reality.

My 'tag' has nothing to do with the Patriots, again it was a playful dig at those Steeler fans who never fail to reach for the '5rings' rebuttal to just about any argument.

The moment you say something that conflicts with their ideals, they call for "new moderators" to make the pain go away. Well guess what. The STEELERS have caused this pain, and even if you can't hear me say it, it will still be there until THEY do something about it! All the wishfull thinking in the world wont change that.

I certainly wouldnt take any of the calls for new mods personally, there has been a deluge of trolls on this website in the last few weeks and the mods are struggling to keep up to date with it all.

Personally speaking, I would have had guys like 'Cry me a river' out on their ear after the second flame bait post made in the wrong forum - but thats just me.

NM

augustashark
11-03-2006, 02:53 PM

Betrayed? That's what I'm dealing with here. People can't stomach reality. The moment you say something that conflicts with their ideals, they call for "new moderators" to make the pain go away. Well guess what. The STEELERS have caused this pain, and even if you can't hear me say it, it will still be there until THEY do something about it! All the wishfull thinking in the world wont change that.

Also Memphisteelergirl, I appologize if I came accross "smug" as you put it. I can assure you that was not my intention. I also don't wish to have verbal debates with anyone. I hate them.

BigBensBikeHelmet, is that you? How would this guy know to call LITP, LITP? You may not be him, but your posts are not to far from his. Realist or not, if you are a true fan of any team you don't give up hope until you get that letter from the Commish office telling you that you can not make the playoffs. Period, end of story!

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 04:46 PM
:shake01: Listen my emotionally driven freind, I'm "SuckItUp". Im not a nay sayer. I'm not a jerk. I'm a realist.

Anyone with the name BigBensBikeHelmet has little or no compassion for a person that almost lost his life! That's bigger than football. That's just plain cruel. I know to call LivingInThePast 'LITP' because I've been an avid reader on these boards for almost 2 years now.

Why don't you go back to killing puppies, and leave the intelligent conversations to people with...ah...intelligence. :yawn:

augustashark
11-03-2006, 04:52 PM
:shake01: Listen my emotionally driven freind, I'm "SuckItUp". Im not a nay sayer. I'm not a jerk. I'm a realist.

Anyone with the name BigBensBikeHelmet has little or no compassion for a person that almost lost his life! That's bigger than football. That's just plain cruel. I know to call LivingInThePast 'LITP' because I've been an avid reader on these boards for almost 2 years now.

Why don't you go back to killing puppies, and leave the intelligent conversations to people with...ah...intelligence. :yawn:

Puppies?????????

"I've been an avid reader on these boards for almost 2 years now" WTF! Who cares!

If you would have replied with that is not me and please don't call me that again, this whole thing would be dropped. Not now my friend! If you noticed I put a question mark.

Oh, thanks for telling me you're not a jerk.:wave:

Preacher
11-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Well... For a response to that.... heres a link. I guess you should read the sticky post on personal attacks.

SuckItUp
11-03-2006, 04:56 PM
You're right Preacher, that was wrong of me. I'm sorry Metalica. I never should have brought your personal life into this. :hug:

augustashark
11-03-2006, 05:01 PM
You're right Preacher, that was wrong of me. I'm sorry Metalica. I never should have brought your personal life into this. :hug:

Backhanded apologies...............I Love them.:cheers:

stillers4me
11-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Backhanded apologies...............I Love them.:cheers:

He must be a politician.....:wink02:

blackngoldbaby
11-03-2006, 07:31 PM
I am soooo sick of the negativity! a true steeler fan would always stay positive plus we are not done yet we have what nine games to play yet and five of them are division games we are not done until the season is fully over so im not trying to be mean but please people save the negativity because i really dont want to hear it right now because i am staying positive and beliveing in my team like i will always do!i mean i know your looking at reality but the reality is were not done yet!

steelcurtain09
11-03-2006, 07:36 PM

He definitely is not BBBH. Apparently he does not even know who he is.

Even if he was BBBH i do not think he would be able to say that

steelergirlrocks
11-03-2006, 07:37 PM

Here is the reality...Pittsburgh Steelers are the World Champions...We are a part of the Steeler Nation...as a nation we stand united. We believe in our team...win or lose...we believe in them. There is nothing romatic about that...it is our reality.:helmet:

steelcity58
11-04-2006, 12:04 AM
I think the season is pretty much over....though they might sneak in with a wildcard if Cincy, and San Diego collapse as I think they will.

The Steelers had the toughest schedule, but being SB Champs they should.

Comes down to 3 things: IMO...

1. They miss that big power back to take the pressure off Ben and the one reciever they have...Ward.

Holmes isn't the guy...too small...has terrible hands...

No tight end...who is consistent...

2. They got outcoached.

First example of this was the trick play they tried to run against Cincy...or was it San Diego...

Cowher and Whisenhunt were in a 1-2 year time warp on that.

What kind of frigin play was that?

The Steelers themselves didn't know what was going on...

3. Ben...needs a rest...a good long 12-16 weeks to rest....the Steelers need to ditch Duce, and get a REAL back...make that a real man.

They need to shore up the O-Line.

Cowher needs to quit being coy and sign at leat another 1-2 years...to give the Steelers time to find a replacement.

4. They need a reciever...trade Holmes for a 2nd rounder...

I am going to see the Steelers for the first time on Dec. 7th against the Browns.

After 30+ years of TV only...finaly...

I think they'll beat the browns....

SuckItUp
11-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Well SteelCity98, I always enjoy reading your posts, but I think this may be the first time that I actually disagree with you on some points.

First of all, we have an AWESOME tight end in Heath Miller out of Virginia Tech, who is extremely consistant, and was far and above the best tight end out of college last year. We stole him in the draft.

Also Santonio Holmes has great hands and was rated a 7 on a scale of 1-7 for catching ability alone! His bonus is game breaking speed. Once again, the best at his position in college, and simply a steal in the draft.

The problem that both of these two outstanding players have in common is Roethlisberger's terrible play as of late. The second he fully recovers from his head trauma, we're actually looking at a team that has more raw talent than the one that won the superbowl last year!

You could also make the argument that it's Cower's fault for allowing him to continue playing while injured. So, depending on perspective, it's either the quarterback or the coach's fault. The specialty players are amazing.

Chronicgaming
11-04-2006, 05:16 PM
First of all, we have an AWESOME tight end in Heath Miller out of Virginia Tech, who is extremely consistant, and was far and above the best tight end out of college last year. We stole him in the draft.

Actually, Heath Miller is out of the University of Virginia (as much as I hate to admit it, being a Tech alum). :smile: I hope that Ben gets back up to speed and starts using Miller and Holmes more frequently.

SuckItUp
11-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Good catch my freind! Either way, Heath Miller is awesome. So basically what I'm trying to say is that with all the weapons they have on BOTH sides of the ball, there's really no good excuses for them to start the season so poorly. Would you not agree?

SteelCityMan786
11-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Actually, Heath Miller is out of the University of Virginia (as much as I hate to admit it, being a Tech alum). :smile: I hope that Ben gets back up to speed and starts using Miller and Holmes more frequently.

Heath was the BIG reason Ben was good last year. Hopefully they commit to passing to him a little more.

touchdownward
11-04-2006, 09:10 PM
The Steelers need to shore up the O-line so Miller can actually run a route instead of staying back to help protect Ben.
Go Steelers!!!!!

polamalufan43
11-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, our O-line has the potential, and Miller+Roethlisberger= BIG TIME OPTION
Who knows, matbe we'll be surprised tomorrow...

Livinginthe past
11-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Take it from a fan of a rival team.

Miller is potentially awesome - his pass catching ability is compromised because he is being drafted into too many pass blocking schemes.

You may not see the real Ben until its too late, but I expect him to fully utilise the talent of Holmes - who it should be remembered is only a few games into a 2 year apprenticeship.

NM

steelcity58
11-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Well SteelCity98, I always enjoy reading your posts, but I think this may be the first time that I actually disagree with you on some points.

Also Santonio Holmes has great hands and was rated a 7 on a scale of 1-7 for catching ability alone! His bonus is game breaking speed. Once again, the best at his position in college, and simply a steal in the draft.

The problem that both of these two outstanding players have in common is Roethlisberger's terrible play as of late. The second he fully recovers from his head trauma, we're actually looking at a team that has more raw talent than the one that won the superbowl last year!

You could also make the argument that it's Cower's fault for allowing him to continue playing while injured. So, depending on perspective, it's either the quarterback or the coach's fault. The specialty players are amazing.

Hey SuckItUp...:)

You must have missed the front page...Miller hasn't done anything since the opener...

I haven't seen high-rated hands...on passes..on kicks...have you.?

He's also 5'10...smallish...

Pressure him man o man off the line...and he's done...

If I were Cowher...I would put 3 backs in the backfield, (one split out a bit) and throw the slants and pitches...and then a rumble now and again.

I agree completely with NOT pulling Ben.

Unless he really is hurting...and if he is...he needs to say so...

Bottom Line:

If the Ravens lose to the Bungles today and the Steelers win...they are only 2 out.

And two to play against the Ravens...

polamalufan43
11-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Good Point.

If we can beat the Ravens, it should instill some confidence.... but the real magic is saved for last... 12-31-06... see you there....

Anyway... I'm sticking with my though that Miller will do something different today...

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 01:04 PM
"You must have missed the front page...Miller hasn't done anything since the opener..."

Right...but WHY hasn't Miller done anything since the opener? Because he has no skills, or because he's never getting the opportunities to make the plays?

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey SuckItUp...:)

I haven't seen high-rated hands...on passes..on kicks...have you.?

He's also 5'10...smallish...

First of all, the wide out position is all about timing. If you don't have that with your q.b. then you're screwed. Give him enough time to gain chemestry with Roethlisberger and you'll see just how good his hands are.

Secondly, have you ever heard of guy called "Steve Smith?" No? How bout Santana Moss? Both of these midgets find a way to use their speed to compensate for their lack of height, and in so doing find the end zone quite often.

steelcity58
11-05-2006, 03:08 PM
First of all, the wide out position is all about timing. If you don't have that with your q.b. then you're screwed. Give him enough time to gain chemestry with Roethlisberger and you'll see just how good his hands are.

Secondly, have you ever heard of guy called "Steve Smith?" No? How bout Santana Moss? Both of these midgets find a way to use their speed to compensate for their lack of height, and in so doing find the end zone quite often.

Sure..recieving is about timing...the reciever and the QB have to both make the sme correct read.

The ball is thrown to where the reciever, if he read the coverage correctly, is gonna be about .5 seconds after a QB throws the ball.

Holmes hasn't made it past the jittery fumbles on returns...

Like in grade school....

A...B...C...

Holmes is still on A.

Also, he's had some off the field trouble.

Just think he's a poor pick.

I'll send you a shirt from the Clevelend game if Holmes catches more than...75 passes for at least 1,100 yards in his Steeler career.

Bet?

Big D
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Sure..recieving is about timing...the reciever and the QB have to both make the sme correct read.

The ball is thrown to where the reciever, if he read the coverage correctly, is gonna be about .5 seconds after a QB throws the ball.

Holmes hasn't made it past the jittery fumbles on returns...

Like in grade school....

A...B...C...

Holmes is still on A.

Also, he's had some off the field trouble.

Just think he's a poor pick.

I'll send you a shirt from the Clevelend game if Holmes catches more than...75 passes for at least 1,100 yards in his Steeler career.

Bet?

I agree that holmes was a poor pick. I havent seen anything that makes me think he even has potential. Still think we should have drafted lendale white

t-sizzlez
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
i see how confident u r..... cmon if u take 1 game at a time we can do it. too many people have forgottne we r still CHAMPIONS! take away 1 int or 1 fum in all of our games and we have 0 or 1 losses

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 03:31 PM
I agree that holmes was a poor pick. I havent seen anything that makes me think he even has potential. Still think we should have drafted lendale white

Yeah, because Lendale White is just lighting it up this year! :thmbup:

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Hmm....:dang:

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Bet?

I noticed you prefaced that statement with "Steeler career." What, do you think he's the next Plax? I say the Steelers keep him, and are happy with him down the road.

In other words...yeah...I'll take that bet.

steelcity58
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM

Bet?[ QUOTE]

I noticed you prefaced that statement with "Steeler career." What, do you think he's the next Plax? I say the Steelers keep him, and are happy with him down the road.

In other words...yeah...I'll take that bet.

Ok...he'll be either on IR or suspended for drug violations before next season starts...and he could never get to 75 this year.

75 bobbles on special teams?

He's closing on that already.

You either are a player...or a potential player.

The great players come in...and you just know they are something special.

:drink: :headbutt:

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 04:02 PM
The great players come in...and you just know they are something special.

Let's test that theory using 2 people you've probably heard of recently.
1. Reggie Bush
2. Marcus Coulston

Here's the NFL scouting report on Coulston.

"He should only be signed as a free agent because he is a `tweener, between receiver and tight end. He can make an NFL team now as a third tight end and special teams player and eventually could develop into a starter, if he plays aggressively and raises his level of intensity on every snap."

_ NFL.com scouting report

Now that "tweener", New Orleans Saints seventh-round rookie Marques Colston, had 33 catches, 577 yards and 7 touchdowns after a 163-yard afternoon against the Baltimore Ravens' esteemed secondary last Sunday. He's only adding to that number as we speak!

From the first game of the season, when he caught the 12-yard touchdown pass that provided New Orleans with the winning points against the Cleveland Browns, Colston has been the No. 1 rookie in the entire LEAGUE!

Now with the exception of one lucky special teams touchdown due to an AMAZING block, how "special" would you say Reggie Bush has been?

The point is, you have NO CLUE how well someone adapt to the NFL over time, no matter how good you "feel" about him!

SuckItUp
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Ahh...this just in...Marcus Colston caught yet another touchtown today, and amassed another 123 yards throught the air!

Wonder how Reggie feels about that? Probably "special".

steelcity58
11-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Great move by Holmes 14-0 Broncos...

BUST...smallish...no hands...

SuckItUp
11-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Great move by Holmes 14-0 Broncos...

BUST...smallish...no hands...

Wow....you may be right. He certainly didn't help me win that argument tonight!

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I bought a fork tonight. Not quite yet ready to use it though.

-Mike

SuckItUp
11-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Anyhow, talk about going full circle! The Steeler's screwed their whole season and I lost in Fantasy Football today too! Now I'm depressed with no cure but to look forward to next week. :redface:

SuckItUp
11-06-2006, 12:25 AM
I bought a fork tonight. Not quite yet ready to use it though.

-Mike

Embrase the fork Mike. It's all we have now.

MJ5150
11-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Embrase the fork Mike. It's all we have now.

Well...I am going to hang on as tight as I can to this sliver of hope that the Steelers can win the next eight games, and slip into the playoffs after a few teams ahead of them stumble.

Yeah, I know how unlikely it is. But still, the chance is there......

-Mike