PDA

View Full Version : official john kuhn thread

19ward86
11-01-2006, 09:04 AM
yeah, finally john kuhn was signed to our ACTIVE ROSTER after haynes was put on IR. he is our secret to success.http://news.steelers.com/article/71041/

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Welcome to Da' Burgh John!!!!!
Go, Go, Go - Go Johnny Go - Johnny B Good!!!

rowedf
11-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Well, I love the addition, BUT they are set on him playing more of a fullback role, not an HB.

ROYND1
11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Short yardage monster!!!:tt02:

sumo
11-01-2006, 03:17 PM
yeah, finally john kuhn was signed to our ACTIVE ROSTER after haynes was put on IR. he is our secret to success.http://news.steelers.com/article/71041/

I know a lot of people on this thread like Kuhn, but what is the reality of Cowher using him? - I don't know a lot about this guy, but I respect the views of the people posting here - what role will he play? - I looked up his stats and the guy was an absolute beast in college - you would think he could be used for more than lead blocking ..

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Kuhn is going to lead us to the Holy Land. Period.

Dynasty
11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
umm correction: kuhn is the holy land.

Infamix
11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I like Kuhn but he's not the answer to our problems as of now.

NV STEELERS 723
11-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Is John the replacement for Krieder ?....... we never hand it off to the FB..

paw-n-maul-u
11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
you guys are ridiculous ... i doubt he even plays ... we will be seeing a lot more of davenport that's for sure. I wonder how that'll end up playing out ... Kuhn is really more there for an emergency player if someone goes down on the field ... He might not even dress for games ... staley ring a bell? ... this switches up our backfield a little, but they arent goign to give kuhn many/if any at all, carries. who's would he take? ... haynes'? ... all what ... 5 of them this season?

jaysta
11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Glad to see that there are some folks that can think about our future. I'm not sure if he's going to be the complete answer for us right away, but he'll definitely be a great addition to the team. Anyone who follows football knows that this guy has power and can run the ball like a monster and level guys as a lead blocker. :tt02:

mopartodd
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
HECK YEAH!!!!!

Lets hear it for the heavy hitting white guy!!!! They should have signed him instead of Haynes anyway IMO. He looked good in the preseason as a short yardage workhorse.

I'm happy as can be for Big John Kuhn and the Steelers. I can't wait to see him on the field this weekend.

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
umm correction: kuhn is the holy land.

I stand corrected....:sofunny:

paw-n-maul-u
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
this is like a retard circus inside of here ... kuhn supposedly "ran wild" vs. 3rd and 4th stringers in PRESEASON ... you guys are unreal ... i mean i wish him all the luck to get his league min. and feel special to dress for games (probably not even that) ...

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2006, 06:22 PM
For the record, my comments are pure sarcasm. Thought I layed it on pretty thick with my first post.

Elvis
11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
:tt02: Has anyone seen Davenport run for a score yet? He runs so straight up that he isnt going anywhere with his sub 5.0 speed. Its time for a Big Change and Kuhn just might be the power back we lack right now.. get real.. Davenport is 6'1" tall and about what 240lbs.? He runs like he is 6'5" 260 lbs. He is not the answer for our power running back. I am not saying that Kuhn will be, but I am hoping so. :banana:

stunta86
11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
he won't do anything for us, he'll just get a free check each week, he won't get playing time over dookie. and he's garbage, he didn't impress me in the preseason against scrubs, i doubt he'll do anything against real players

MACH1
11-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Kuhn is going to be the new towel boy.:banana: :banana: :banana: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :wave:

19ward86
11-02-2006, 08:49 AM
john wont play fullback, i garuntee it.... we would of kept that brandon joe guy if we wanted a fullback. john kuhn is a power runner, he will be used at the goal line and on 3rd down and 4th.

ARKIESTEEL
11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Why do we need a power back when we got Dan

ROYND1
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I really don't think they'll use him but wish they would.I like davenport but I don't think he's a goal line back.I've seen him get stuffed on some short yardage tries already.Keep Davenport as 3rd down and let Kuhn handle the SHORT yardage stuff.:thumbsup:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
you guys are ridiculous ... i doubt he even plays ... we will be seeing a lot more of davenport that's for sure. I wonder how that'll end up playing out ... Kuhn is really more there for an emergency player if someone goes down on the field ... He might not even dress for games ... staley ring a bell? ... this switches up our backfield a little, but they arent goign to give kuhn many/if any at all, carries. who's would he take? ... haynes'? ... all what ... 5 of them this season?

IF it is a tight game down to the end then I doubt he'll get a touch. Then again. One or two more kinks in the armour...

If for some sick and pathetic reason we are facing 2-6 then give the kid the rock and let's see what the hell he CAN do.

:hunch: It's not as if we have alotta' other options folks. What I don't need to see anymore is Duce Staley. Have a nice life dude.

steelcurtain09
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Kuhn is going to be the new towel boy.:banana: :banana: :banana: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :wave:

my thoughts exactly
until we get rid of staley after this season kuhn is "towel boy"
the bright/dark side of things: staley finally gets to try to squeeze into his uni

Elvis
11-02-2006, 04:53 PM
:cheer: I really hope that I dont have to see #22 on the field this weekend against the Bronco's because the way I feel right now after this stupid cold/flu that I have right now is to hear that Duce is gonna be dressed for this game sunday afternoon...:banana:

stunta86
11-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I really don't think they'll use him but wish they would.I like davenport but I don't think he's a goal line back.I've seen him get stuffed on some short yardage tries already.Keep Davenport as 3rd down and let Kuhn handle the SHORT yardage stuff.:thumbsup:

ummmm............play a guy that you have never seen do a darn thing in the nfl over a proven running back....smh.....i can't believe how ppl over hype this cat on this board

SuckItUp
11-02-2006, 06:38 PM
HAHAHA!! Stunta, I've been reading these posts for about 2 years now, and there's only about 4 people here that make any sence, and it's for those few that I even bother coming back. I'm happy to announce that you are number 5! Everything you say is based on reality, not some fantasy world. Keep up the good posts. I enjoy reading them!:cheers:

ROYND1
11-02-2006, 06:39 PM
ummmm............play a guy that you have never seen do a darn thing in the nfl over a proven running back....smh.....i can't believe how ppl over hype this cat on this board

When has Davanport ever been considered a SHORT-keyword-SHORT yardage back??Never. He's not! Like I said I like Davenport but I've seen him get stopped a few times now in those situations.I'm not overhyping Kuhn, I'm over Staley and don't want to see his fat arse in a uni.I don't know what Kuhn can bring and neither do you!! I do know he's built for SHORT yardage/goal line carries and it really wouldn't hurt to give him a try.I don't think he's any kind of savior but he's a feel good story and that's why most people on here are pulling for him.Do you remember some guy named Willie Parker that no one ever heard of but the Steelers gave a chance?? How'd that work out??:dang: :banging:

OneForTheToe
11-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Well, Ed B. just said on KDKA that his understanding is that Stayley will not dress this week because Kuhn can play RB or FB, plus help on special teams. Not sure if Ed knows what he is talking about, but that's the straight poo from Ed.

As for Davenport, I would think he would keep the 3rd down job and at least get a turn at short yardage.

stunta86
11-02-2006, 09:31 PM
When has Davanport ever been considered a SHORT-keyword-SHORT yardage back??Never. He's not! Like I said I like Davenport but I've seen him get stopped a few times now in those situations.I'm not overhyping Kuhn, I'm over Staley and don't want to see his fat arse in a uni.I don't know what Kuhn can bring and neither do you!! I do know he's built for SHORT yardage/goal line carries and it really wouldn't hurt to give him a try.I don't think he's any kind of savior but he's a feel good story and that's why most people on here are pulling for him.Do you remember some guy named Willie Parker that no one ever heard of but the Steelers gave a chance?? How'd that work out??:dang: :banging:

i didn't say he was considered a short yardage back, just saying he's a proven nfl back as in he has actual talent to make teams right away, not get cut all the time and put on the practice squad and stuff like that...kuhn isn't gonna ever amount to be anything in the nfl

and don't compare kuhn to willie, willie showed he had talent from the start, kuhn only showed he can have a decent game against bigger scrubs then he is.....and we have enough feel good stories on this team, nate washington has taken this years feel good story. not a bum replacing a bum (duce staley)

hellbread
11-02-2006, 10:23 PM
i think this thread is pretty funny. i personally would like to see kuhn to get into the thick of it. its apparent that davenport is not the answer for the short yardage *cough* on the raiders 1 yard line *cough* so if davenport is not the answer THEN why not play kuhn? ok he didnt come from a division 1 school which it seems to me a lot of people base that above all. but hey the kid can ball he is a tough power runner and i believe will show a lot of people wat he is made of.

jaysta
11-02-2006, 10:29 PM
he won't do anything for us, he'll just get a free check each week, he won't get playing time over dookie. and he's garbage, he didn't impress me in the preseason against scrubs, i doubt he'll do anything against real players

You must not have seen the same preseason games and practices that I sat in on. He needs time to grow and adjust to the NFL, but he looked really impressive against the "scrubs" in preseason. In fact it was the same scrubs that Duce couldn't run against. This guy will grow into a great NFL back if given time. Most people never heard of him, but his name flew around the scout circles over the last year.

ROYND1
11-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Stunta how'd Willie prove himself initially?? By playing good against scrubs in the preseason.The only reason Kuhn was cut was because of the money invested in Staley.You sure have alot of negative opinions about the Steelers and guys on the team for someone who's supposed to be a fan.Who would you prefer they bring up to replace Haynes?? Remember he's only coming up for insurance so give the guy a chance before you dog him.What makes you a pro scout??? I have faith in the Steelers personal decisions.Willie,Davenport and Kuhn in that order sounds good to me.:jammin: That's one hell of a jumbo backfield with Kuhn and Kreider.Hell if he gets 3 carries a game I'll be surprised but I'll also be smiling from ear to ear!! GO STEELERS!!:tt02:

stunta86
11-03-2006, 12:25 AM
when i saw willie his rookie year, he had that look like he could be someone.....looking at kuhn i didn't get that same feeling.......it's all opinions.....if i'm wrong i'm wrong, don't matter to me much, i just don't see in him though.....