PDA

View Full Version : I love the optimism of Steelers fans...

jstriker29
11-01-2006, 03:46 PM
9-7 wins the division. Whatever you have to tell yourselves to still have hope. Oh and one of my favorites, The AFC north overrated. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if the Steelers were 5-2, the Bengals were 4-3 and the Ravens were 2-5, that you guys would be saying that 9-7 wins the division, or that the AFC North is overrated. No you would be saying that your boys were on top of the toughest division in football.

The point is that if 9-7 wins the division(which it doesn't by the way more like 11-5) then in youre delusional minds you still have a good shot. The fact of the matter is that 11-5 is what its going to take to win the division, and you guys don't see your boys winning out.

And don't even start the WildCard talk. With lossed to Jax, SD, Cincy, and soon to be Denver, that isn't even a possibility.

Either way, your hopes and dreams will all come to an end this weekend. How does 2-6 sound. I guess 8-8 would win the division then huh?

SteelCityMan786
11-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I say 11-5. Go The Distance. And No I don't think that wins the division. The Following scenarios tell it all

1. Cincy and Baltimore would need to fall almost every game from here on out.

2. Cincy and Baltimore at worst will probably be 10-6 or maybe 9-7?

Even though it's duable with our schedule, I think we still have work to do. I think it can be done.

HometownGal
11-01-2006, 03:57 PM
9-7 wins the division. Whatever you have to tell yourselves to still have hope. Oh and one of my favorites, The AFC north overrated. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if the Steelers were 5-2, the Bengals were 4-3 and the Ravens were 2-5, that you guys would be saying that 9-7 wins the division, or that the AFC North is overrated. No you would be saying that your boys were on top of the toughest division in football.

The point is that if 9-7 wins the division(which it doesn't by the way more like 11-5) then in youre delusional minds you still have a good shot. The fact of the matter is that 11-5 is what its going to take to win the division, and you guys don't see your boys winning out.

And don't even start the WildCard talk. With lossed to Jax, SD, Cincy, and soon to be Denver, that isn't even a possibility.

Either way, your hopes and dreams will all come to an end this weekend. How does 2-6 sound. I guess 8-8 would win the division then huh?

Hmmmm - so you're a soothsayer now, eh? Me thinks you should be more concerned about the Bungles with their wonderous *cough* *cough* 4-3 record headed into Baltimore this weekend. Their D is going to carve up Cartoon and his band of hoodlums like a Thanksgiving turkey. :banana:

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 03:59 PM
We have optimism because we know that our team can overcome adversity. You might recall it, you had it last year in the Wild Card game but your team couldn't over come it. We know it can be done, it has been done before, not only by Steelers but by other teams. It's knowing that, that I have optimism that my team can win the remaining games and claim the division. I definitely don't think that 9-7 will win this division. If the wheels fall off, maybe 10-6, but most likely 11-5!

jstriker29
11-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Hmmmm - so you're a soothsayer now, eh? Me thinks you should be more concerned about the Bungles with their wonderous *cough* *cough* 4-3 record headed into Baltimore this weekend. Their D is going to carve up Cartoon and his band of hoodlums like a Thanksgiving turkey. :banana:

Well I would certainly like to think so since I'm a Ravens fan.

SteelerFanInCA
11-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Well I would certainly like to think so since I'm a Ravens fan.

Even worse.

blackhalos
11-01-2006, 04:05 PM
We have optimism because we know that our team can overcome adversity. You might recall it, you had it last year in the Wild Card game but your team couldn't over come it. We know it can be done, it has been done before, not only by Steelers but by other teams. It's knowing that, that I have optimism that my team can win the remaining games and claim the division. I definitely don't think that 9-7 will win this division. If the wheels fall off, maybe 10-6, but most likely 11-5!

Quit drinking the Kool Aide, I might as well say the the Raiders are going to end up 11-5 and we are going to the AFC championship game against the steelers and beating them to go on to the superbowl.

SteelCityMan786
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Quit drinking the Kool Aide, I might as well say the the Raiders are going to end up 11-5 and we are going to the AFC championship game against the steelers and beating them to go on to the superbowl.

There is nothing wrong with optimism.

stlrtruck
11-01-2006, 04:14 PM
The difference is that I know it can happen in Pittsburgh where as in Oakland, they wouldn't know a winning record if the NFL handed it to them. I mean seriously what has your team done since he threw away the Super Bowl against the scubs?
And if you think that a team can't rattle off 11 wins in a row, look back over recent years. The Steelers won 16 in a row (including playoffs), 9 in a row (last year and opening day this year), the Patriots put together 21 games in a row (including playoffs).
As for the Raiders doing it, they could if they had an offense to go along with their D. However, they don't and like a few other teams, I feel confident that they won't push the envelope for winning their division!
But hey whatever makes you happy, if it's Kool-Aid, keep drinking!

jstriker29
11-01-2006, 04:20 PM

You are absolutely right, we were saying the same thing last year. Im just giving you guys a hard time.

memphissteelergirl
11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm - so you're a soothsayer now, eh? :

Of course...you probably know him best as the world-renowned NOSTRA-DUMBASS! :flap:

Stillers#1
11-01-2006, 10:58 PM
9-7 wins the division.

Who said 9-7 wins the division?.....10-6 at the WORST wins it.

Jeremy
11-02-2006, 03:09 AM
hard time.

That's fitting coming from a Ravens fan. :wave:

PirateSteeler
11-02-2006, 03:42 AM

its not optimism this year, its arrogance. our team thinks they deserve things handed to them this year because they are champs. where is the fire and desire from last year? we dont deserve the division right now.

ARKIESTEEL
11-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Well it all starts this sunday when we slap around Jake the mistake plus our running game finds itself again and you will see Ben and Bill happy on the sideline.

11-5 or 10-6 will get us home:cheers: :jammin: :tt02:

We need all fans to put on the we cant loose face and things will work out.

At the end of the day we can still say we are Steeler fans

jstriker29
11-07-2006, 12:29 PM
LIKE I SAID GOTTA LOVE THAT OPTIMISM FELLAS.

So what if I am an optimist, it's more fun than looking for a top ten draft pick. Anyway through my crystal ball (and many conversations with Bill Cowher and Myron Cope) we have seen the future and see the AFC North finishing this way:

Steelers 10-6, Ratbirds 9-7, Bungles 7-9, Clowns who cares they are the clowns......

Now follow me here for a second, it's NOT THAT FAR OUT THERE....

Steelers win out and finish 10-6 - Beat Saints, Clowns twice, Ratbirds twice, Bungles, Panthers and Buccaneers.
Ratbirds win 3 and finish 9-7 - Beat Titans, Clowns and Bills - Lose to, Steelers twice, Falcons, Chiefs and Bungles (even if they win 4 we will tiebreaker if we sweep them).
Bungles win 3 and finish 7-9 - Beat Clowns, Ratbirds and Raiders - Lose to Chargers, Saints, Colts, Broncos and Steelers (again maybe they win 1 or 2 more but best finish woulds be 9-7).
Clowns - who cares they are the Clowns.

See it's simple - THE STEELERS JUST HAVE TO WIN ALL THEIR GAMES (by holding onto that spherical brown leather thing) and we are a 3 seed in the playoffs.

Can I get a "HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO"

This board needs more optimism. LET'S KEEP THE FAITH

I GUESS AFTER THE STEELERS LOSE TO THE SAINTS IT WILL BE 9-7 OR 8-8 WINS THE DIVISION.

LAST YEAR AT THIS JUNCTURE WE WERE 2-6 AND THE STEELERS WERE 6-2 AND WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL THAT WORKED OUT.