PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos are coming...

Infamix
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
About 5 days away, is the AFC Championship rematch of last season. Two great teams, similiar in approach, but one hasn't made half the mistakes that the other has. That is the difference on Sunday. Penalties, takeaways, mistakes: whoever makes the least, or none, will come out with a win. What do you guys think the Steelers need to do to come out with a victory and start "The Streak"?

stillers4me
11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Make sure Ben knows what color jerseys his teammates are wearing. It's black for home games, Ben.

Infamix
11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
To tell you guys the truth, I had a bad feeling going into the Atlanta game. I had an even worse feeling going into Oakland. This game, I like our chances.

SteelR1
11-01-2006, 05:54 PM
To tell you guys the truth, I had a bad feeling going into the Atlanta game. I had an even worse feeling going into Oakland. This game, I like our chances.

I sure hope your right,,,,,

Black@Gold Forever32
11-01-2006, 05:57 PM
For some reasons I'm not scared and Ben rebounds this week. The Steelers win 24-20.

stillers4me
11-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I had a real bad feeling last Sunday before the Oakland game. This week, I have mixed vibes. It's a revenge game for the Bronco's........big target on our backs. However, history tells us that when our guys are as low as they can go and their backs are against the wall, the seem to play brilliantly. Or they make suck as bad as they did last week.........flip a coin.

Let's hope they had another epiphany this week.........

NV STEELERS 723
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
The bookmakers here have our STEELERS 2 point favorites...its hard for me to swallow...I think I'll just stay away from it...

Lots of opinions here think the STEELERS are playing for pride.... if we don't turn it over, we'll win 34-21....

And then we start our Streak !!!!!!!!!!

Elvis
11-01-2006, 06:59 PM
0...........Our streak huh?... I am afraid that our streak is already started... The Broncos to be underdogs to us at this time is a joke... I cant believe that one...:jawdrop:

Stillers#1
11-01-2006, 07:04 PM
0...........Our streak huh?... I am afraid that our streak is already started... The Broncos to be underdogs to us at this time is a joke... I cant believe that one...:jawdrop:

I disagree, the odds maker are looking at who needs this more, and we all know that our boys are capable. We beat the donc's with the same team (minus the Bus, who didnt play much) last year.

touchdownward
11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Just when the "experts" start thinking Ben is a flash in the pan QB, he comes up big.

I see him doing that this weekend to the tune of over 300 yds passing, and this time it comes without all the INTs.

Go Steelers!!!!!!
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Infamix
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
At Heinz field this year, Willie Parker has run it up over 100 yards every game. I'm looking forward to his performance. Actually, some Broncos fans realize Fast Willie is more than just speed. I remember one guy saying, Parker is tough to bring down, so the defense is going to have to wrap him up.

boLT fan
11-01-2006, 07:46 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

For the love of God, beat the donkies please.

herewegosteelers
11-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Ya know I too had a bad feeling about Oakland going in. I really couldn't figure it out, but just a bad gut feeling. I too have a good feeling about the Denver game tho.:tt02:

Ambridge
11-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I would have to believe the Steeler morale has to be at an all time low and they won't be able to pull-up out out of the nose dive in time.

They'll play better than last week(not too hard to do)but will fall short to the Donks.

herewegosteelers
11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
:shout: HOLD ON TO THE BALL>>> NO TURNOVERS!!!:cheer:

polamalufan43
11-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah, everyone has the idea that if you stop the run, you can beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I'm glad to say that they are wrong. I'm not going to make any scoring predictions just yet, but I have to say I like our odds in this game. The only thing is that Ben can't be, making wrong reads on Sunday, because Denver has a secondary with great cornerbacks that can make plays, and it would be foolish pride to deny it. I think Ben will show us all that we shouldn't think this season's over just yet. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

As for the rest of the offense, I think we need to look at the O line. Based on last game, we need some tweaking in that area. The recievers are getting better now, just DON"T DROP/FUMBLE THE BALL :banging: :dang:. The Running back situation could be worse, Verron Haynes is out and Najeh Davenport and Willie Parker will proabably take over that spot. The strangest thing that could happen is if Duce (a.k.a. the dude on the sidelines) suits up and takes some carries.

And now the defense, The Line is doing fine, but once again they just have some tweaking to be done. The Linebackers are doing there jobs so far, and I'm looking for some big plays by them. The Secondary, should be fine. The corners need some work on interceptions, but we all know that they can when given the chance.:jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

Well that's my incredibly long post, cheers to another Steeler Sunday:cheers:
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

The_Professor
11-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Who the heck has a bad feeling before a game with the Raiders this year? Man thats some serious esp. Lets either run the table or get a great draft pick

Mikee
11-01-2006, 08:48 PM
LETS DO THIS!!! YOU ARE IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

stillers4me
11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Who the heck has a bad feeling before a game with the Raiders this year? Man thats some serious esp. Lets either run the table or get a great draft pick

Well, when you have 2 starting QB's, one Ben and one clone Ben, you never know which one is going to show up for the game. And the real one got his noodle cooked the week before. It's not rocket science based on recent history.

I sat at a Steelers bar with Meanie and Flood and stated before the game, "even the Raiders can win if you hand the ball to them.' (ala Bungles). Danged if it didn't happen.

Broncos724
11-01-2006, 10:18 PM
No offense but I honestly can't believe we're underdogs in this game. Just like I couldn't believe we were favorites last week against the Colts. Hopefully the underdog comes through again! :cheers:

I am not about to sit here and talk trash about how the Steelers suck, Big Ben sucks, etc. because I know better. You're still a great team and I expect a close game. However, whenever the opposing QB is not named Peyton I like our chances of being able to shut down the opposition's offense!

17-7 Broncos

Stlrs4Life
11-01-2006, 11:07 PM

Same here, what gives. On my sheet they are even giving KC 3 point under dogs to St. Louis.

Da Question
11-01-2006, 11:28 PM
lookin forward to this game, got the girl friend mad at me cuz i cancelled a trip to a birthday party. LOL:tt02:

One simple game plan, dont turn the ball over we win:cheers: :thumbsup:

SteelersWoman
11-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I ...stated before the game, "even the Raiders can win if you hand the ball to them.....

My youngest son asked if I thought the Steelers were gonna win. I said "If our guys play like they've been playing, and turn the ball over, then yes, the Raiders'll win".

Hurts to have to say things like that--especially after last year, but that's just bein realisitic and honest. You can NOT give gifts to the other team, and then not expect them to open them.

MJ5150
11-02-2006, 01:44 AM
I thought the Raider game, and the Falcon games were going to be Steeler wins. I had zero doubt we would beat Oakland. This week, I'm not so sure. I went to the Monday night game Denver played against Baltimore. The Broncos are a very good team.

On that note, I'm taking the Steelers to put it together and pull out a win.

-Mike

Infamix
11-02-2006, 07:43 AM
No offense but I honestly can't believe we're underdogs in this game. Just like I couldn't believe we were favorites last week against the Colts. Hopefully the underdog comes through again! :cheers:

I am not about to sit here and talk trash about how the Steelers suck, Big Ben sucks, etc. because I know better. You're still a great team and I expect a close game. However, whenever the opposing QB is not named Peyton I like our chances of being able to shut down the opposition's offense!

17-7 Broncos

I understand where your coming from, and I don't think Pittsburgh should be favored coming into this matchup either.

Giants get manhandled by Seahawks, next week Giants come back and beat the Eagles in a come-from-behind fasion
KC gets blown out 45-7 by Pittsburgh, but the next week, KC comes back to beat Sandiego 30-27
Jacksonville gets devestated by HOUSTON (I guess the Any Given Sunday rule has truth to it) 27-7 and next week they beat the Eagles as underdogs

See the trend here? The odds may have something to do with it. Either way, I don't like it when Pittsburgh is favored:dang:

19ward86
11-02-2006, 09:08 AM
your right about turnovers, last season we had 23 all year and this year we already have 18, that is the big difference. if there isnt 3 int there are 3 fumbles. we cant have a good game for some reason.

Livinginthe past
11-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Its pretty simple - in order to have a shot at beating the Bronco's at least 2 of the 3 parts of the Steelers needs to play consistent good football.

It doesnt matter whether those parts are offense and special teams, or defense and offense, 2 of them must function and function without multiple mistakes.

It has been shown over the last few years that the Colts have the Bronco's number - their type of offense is the 'scissors' to the Broncos 'paper' D.

I dont think the Steelers have the talent at WR to spread the field wide, and maybe show empty backfields - but they probably need to attempt it to stop Denver crowding the line.

I dont think Ben sitting back in the pocket and loking for the deep bomb is the way to go, either - the Denver D-line and LBers are just too quick and the Pittsburgh O-line just too unpredictable.

What you need is Miller getting out of pass protection and getting open - get Willie as many touches as possible - which might mean splitting him out wide - Ben shouldnt be afraid to dunk the ball off to him in a little space and see what happens.

The game plan should be containment on the defensive side of the ball - bend dont break is all you need against Plummer - too many blitz calls and you have Plummer scrambling on broken plays - which is where he is at his best.

Make him sit in the pocket and string together 7 or 8 short to intermediate passes and wait for his accuracy to fail.

NM

Infamix
11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Its pretty simple - in order to have a shot at beating the Bronco's at least 2 of the 3 parts of the Steelers needs to play consistent good football.

It doesnt matter whether those parts are offense and special teams, or defense and offense, 2 of them must function and function without multiple mistakes.

It has been shown over the last few years that the Colts have the Bronco's number - their type of offense is the 'scissors' to the Broncos 'paper' D.

I dont think the Steelers have the talent at WR to spread the field wide, and maybe show empty backfields - but they probably need to attempt it to stop Denver crowding the line.

I dont think Ben sitting back in the pocket and loking for the deep bomb is the way to go, either - the Denver D-line and LBers are just too quick and the Pittsburgh O-line just too unpredictable.

What you need is Miller getting out of pass protection and getting open - get Willie as many touches as possible - which might mean splitting him out wide - Ben shouldnt be afraid to dunk the ball off to him in a little space and see what happens.

The game plan should be containment on the defensive side of the ball - bend dont break is all you need against Plummer - too many blitz calls and you have Plummer scrambling on broken plays - which is where he is at his best.

Make him sit in the pocket and string together 7 or 8 short to intermediate passes and wait for his accuracy to fail.

NM

LITP to replace Coach Cowher in 08. Now that would be interesting

polamalufan43
11-02-2006, 09:57 AM
No one can replace Cowher, or his chin, in Pittsburgh. Everything he's done for this team, is inmeasurable. I'm thinking a HOF might be in the cards for him.

Infamix
11-02-2006, 09:59 AM
No one can replace Cowher, or his chin, in Pittsburgh. Everything he's done for this team, is inmeasurable. I'm thinking a HOF might be in the cards for him.

Naw man I was kidding lol. I was just complementing LITP on his analysis. I love Cowher to death too

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 11:07 AM
To beat the Broncs, the Steelers have to play SMART football. The OL has to bring its A+ game this week, as the Broncs' front four aren't slouches, though they have given up 90+ rushing yards per game. The Broncs are the only team in the NFL to not allow a rushing TD this season, so Willie and the OL are definitely going to have their work cut out for them, especially in the red zone.

Denver, on the other hand, has allowed an average of 205 passing yards pg, which bodes well for Ben and his targets. I've been saying this all season - the Steelers have GOT to incorporate Heath Miller more into their passing attack. I know he didn't fare too well last week, dropping a pass in the endzone, but I think if given the opportunity against Denver this week, he'll come through for the O. I have a gut feeling that SanHo is going to totally break out in this game - his play has only gotten better every week. He has the speed and good hands - can he outmaneuver the Denver DB's? We'll see, but my money is on Sanho this week if the Big Ben we all know and love shows up, which I am keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed he will. The Steelers' O also has to stop taking stupid penalties, especially in the red zone, which have shot them in the foot.

On the other side of the ball, we've got to keep pressure on Jake - as the Steelers clearly proved in last year's playoff game against the Broncs, Jake does not like to be pressured and makes mistakes when he is. The D definitely has to keep the pressure on him for 60 minutes, not only in the first half, which for whatever reason, they seem to be doing with their pass rush lately. The Broncs' only receiving threat, imho, is Javon Walker. Rod Smith is an aging receiver who's production has been pretty much limited this season. While I still don't count him out, he doesn't put the fear of God into defenses as he did a few seasons back. The Broncs' RBs are what we have to concern ourselves with, though the Steelers are pretty solid on stopping opponents' running games. You never know until game time which RB Ratface is going to start, but from all of the reports I've read this week, Mike Bell is going to get the nod, as Tatum Bell is still suffering a bit from turf toe. More than likely, the Steelers will see both of them in this game and I hope they, too, bring their A+ game, as both Bells are pretty quick on their feet and powerful runners.

STs? Ughhh. Our Achilles heel. Complete those tackles and hold onto the damned ball - about all I can say here.

I like our chances in this game. We match up very well with Denver, though our records don't agree on that. We're at home where we've won our only 2 games thus far this season and I like the odds on that winning "streak" continuing. I predict a Steelers win with a score of 24-17. :thumbsup:

Good luck Broncs fans! Here's to a whale of a game and no injuries on either side. :cheers:

Livinginthe past
11-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Naw man I was kidding lol. I was just complementing LITP on his analysis. I love Cowher to death too

Hey thanks man.

I enjoy having an amateurs attempt at analysing football match-ups.

You know, it might be a broken record - but apart fron special teams (which has been absolutely woeful) I still think Pittsburgh has a talented team on both sides of the ball - witness the Kansas woodshed beating (who are a decent team themselves)

Maybe its too late for Pittsburgh to make the playoffs, but I think they will cause more than a few upsets this year along the way - Denver is the type of team that is dominant defensively but impotent offensively - they keep you in the game.

Again, Ben should be prevented from trying to do too much this weekend - lets keep it simple and build confidence.

3 or 4 wins in a row and suddenly no-one wants to play Pittsburgh.

NM

bradness113
11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Amateur

U spelled Analyzing wrong. :thumbsup:

:dang:

Steelers win

:helmet: 24-14 :helmet

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Amateur

U spelled Analyzing wrong. :thumbsup:

:dang:

Steelers win

:helmet: 24-14 :helmet

LITP hails from the UK, bradness - that is the way they spell it there. He'd tell you we spell it wrong here - LOL! :wink02:

SBAlki
11-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Whats up guys,
This board seems to be a very friendly board for opposing teams to visit. Just my thoughts from a Bronco fans point of view. You guys are the champs, no matter what your record is... or what bad breaks you have had.... you still are a team that is feared. Yes, Ben was the quarterback that won the super bowl.... however he was not the reason you won. Your whole team was playing lights out.
What I think we need to do to win is pressure ben into mistakes, and hope for the best. I see this as the perfect breakout game for ben if we don't get pressure... he can pick our loose zone apart. You stop our run, and pressure Jake... game over, simple as that. I also am scared that denver is still messed in the head from the colts... we thought we could beat them with the team that we built to do just that... and we still lost, kinda heartbreaking... we shall see what kind of character there is.
Here's to a good game guys...

Infamix
11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Whats up guys,
This board seems to be a very friendly board for opposing teams to visit. Just my thoughts from a Bronco fans point of view. You guys are the champs, no matter what your record is... or what bad breaks you have had.... you still are a team that is feared. Yes, Ben was the quarterback that won the super bowl.... however he was not the reason you won. Your whole team was playing lights out.
What I think we need to do to win is pressure ben into mistakes, and hope for the best. I see this as the perfect breakout game for ben if we don't get pressure... he can pick our loose zone apart. You stop our run, and pressure Jake... game over, simple as that. I also am scared that denver is still messed in the head from the colts... we thought we could beat them with the team that we built to do just that... and we still lost, kinda heartbreaking... we shall see what kind of character there is.

same to you big guy:cheers:

HometownGal
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Whats up guys,

I agree with you SBAlki and basically stated the same in my post above. The Steelers are still one of the top D's against the run and we have to pressure Jake, not for a quarter or two as has become the norm, but 60 FULL minutes.

Thanks for the team props and best of luck to your Broncs this Sunday. :cheers:

P.S. I forgot to add - welcome! :wave: